The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My theory on why Mike wins"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-01, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My theory on why Mike wins"
Ok here goes. I think Mike and Jeanette win, based on information I have gleaned from Shakes personaility. Go with me on this one.

Ok, Shakes has said he wanted to infiltrate a board because he was going to be on Love Cruise. He came here after he taped it, so obviously he knew the outcome. He let us know he was the contestant Michael in his press conference which I unfortuately missed. But by the time he announced his TV debut, most people here knew him and either loved him or hated him. He succeeded in his endeavor to infiltrate this website.

Ok, I am finally using my psychology degree and analysized what I know of Shakes/Mike. He is an attention whore. I don't mean this in a bad way, just stating facts. He has monopolized the conversations in chat around LC since well, forever. He definetly drummed up interest, I doubt I would have watched it if it wasn't for him. He craves the attention, don't we all? I think he wanted us all to like him and root for him. Why?

Well, if he lost, would he announce ot us that he was on that show? We would never have known. Hell, I could be Susan Hawk for all you know. (For the record I am not, nor am I Mike/Shakes). We wouldn't have cared as much for Mike as we do. He succeeded in getting almost all of us behind him. Believe me, if he could convert me, he has a gift.

Therefore, based on the fact that he infiltrated these boards and craves the love and attention we give him, I think he wins. He will be, if you will, the Crown Prince of these boards. Because if he lost, why tell us about it? He doesn't seem like the type to want sympathy. I think he wants to show us that he can win a reality series, and pretty much gloat about it.Some people believe that second place is as bad as being the first one voted off. If he gets second place, i just don't see him even telling us about LC in the first place, especially since he has said that BMP loved this cast more than any other of their casts. If he wins, that is a direct postive reflection on him, which I think is what he wants from us.

So good luck Mike, I think you will win and go far. Kick Anthony's ass! I may be way off base here, and if I am, oh well. ANy thoughts?
t

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My theory on why Mike wins supershirll 10-10-01 1
 Hmm...there is a thin line between ... Mitrelleum 10-10-01 2
 RE: My theory on why Mike wins PepeLePew13 10-10-01 3
   RE: My theory on why Mike wins Ioway 10-10-01 17
 RE: My theory on why Mike wins SkyRaider 10-10-01 4
   RE: My theory on why Mike wins dangerkitty 10-10-01 5
       RE: My theory on why Mike wins SkyRaider 10-10-01 6
           RE: My theory on why Mike wins Dalton 10-10-01 9
               RE: My theory on why Mike wins NightScribe 10-10-01 12
               Oh, Baby, Baby! (Whistling at Sig ... SkyRaider 10-10-01 15
               AH-OOOOOOO-GAH! IceCat 10-10-01 16
 RE: My theory on why Mike wins true 10-10-01 7
   I disagree with LadyT Thrill Seeker 10-10-01 8
       RE: I disagree with LadyT DetroitChick 10-10-01 13
           RE: I disagree with LadyT DetroitChick 10-10-01 14
   RE: My theory on why Mike wins LadyT 10-10-01 10
 RE: My theory on why Mike wins PUCKGRL 10-10-01 11
 RE: My theory on why Mike wins janisella 10-10-01 18
   RE: My theory on why Mike wins Drive My Car 10-11-01 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-10-01, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
I predicted that Toni would be kicked off tonight. I knew that Michael would bring Jeanette back and trade Andrea for her. But I did not forsee what happened at the end of tonight's episode. So, eventhough I am not feeling confident about my "superpowers" right now, I will venture to guess that you are right, Michael wins!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-01, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Hmm...there is a thin line between honorable and pathetic..."

Just kidding!
You rock Shakes! You played this game and I was so proud of the way you handled yourself in confrontation.
I think Michael is going to win for the reasons LadyT stated above.
Even if he comes in second, why bother?
If he loses, then please see the subject line, you attention craving whore!
Umm...just kidding, really...

PepeLePew13 21243 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
Not a bad theory, T... some people could make the argument that finishing 2nd place and saving face at the end could be seen as a 'successful' run and he likes the attention heaped on himself. I agree that if he was one of the early ones to go or totally fell flat on his face, he'd have said nothing -- and if he hadn't been able to turn the tide around in last night's episode (regardless of whether he wins or not), he might not have said anything too. So, perhaps, he's done enough to make him seem like an okay guy and have all of us fawn over him for the rest of the year.

Like you, I doubt I would have watched a single minute of the show without his hype beforehand. I think he's done nothing but make himself proud in the eyes of the SB community, regardless of whether he finishes first or second -- not taking people down with him made him seem more like a honourable person and someone to cheer for especially after others on the show started to recognize him for it. Something's gonna have to happen in the final episode for Mike to win, though, as Darin's got the upper hand on Mike with the ladies at the moment.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Ioway 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-10-01, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ioway Click to send private message to Ioway Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
I guess I am one of the few who never heard of this show until it came on. I am new to this message board and came to it AFTER I heard about the show on Fox. This is actually the FIRST reality show I have seen all the way through. I saw a few episodes of that MTV one that started all this, and a couple of the first Survivor show, and one or two of Bootcamp (blech). But mainly I watch sitcoms. Why did I pick this one? It's the forst one with voyeuristic appeal since me and my girlfriend broke up this summer. She never wanted me to watch these shows.. called them stupid. So I am watching LC to say NYAH NYAH I CAN WASTE MY TIME IF I WANT!!

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-01, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-01 AT 08:49 AM (EST)

<<Well, if he lost, would he announce to us that he was on that show? We would never have known.>>

Your previous paragraph answered this one quite well:

<<He is an attention whore. I don't mean this in a bad way, just stating facts. He has monopolized the conversations in chat around LC since well, forever. He definetly drummed up interest, I doubt I would have watched it if it wasn't for him. He craves the attention.>>

He has gotten waaaayy too much face time on the show to be the winner. They have shown Darin, or Darwin or Donut, or what the hell ever his name is about three blinks of an eye. This show is so bad, so thin, so weak that they HAVE to have some hook, somewhere. The hook is that the guy they have shown the least who is still in the running is the winner.

It's a game show, not brain surgery.

Mike is simply the runner-up, the almost-won, the Al Gore of shitty shows. All he needs to do now to complete the cycle is grow a scraggly beard and disappear into the sunset of obscurity.

dangerkitty 1912 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-10-01, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
You're still bitter about the bananas, aren't you, Sky?

(Love you! )

dangerkitty

10-10-01, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
Me? Bitter? Just watch, it ain't over until it's over....there is something yet to be revealed.....

Don't make me take it all off!

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
I'll go along with Lady T's theory but *may* not be willing to state outright that Shakes/Mike WINS!!

Shakes personality is that of a natural born "attention seeker" and we all know from his antics on SB.com that it doesn't really matter to Michael if the "attention" is the "good" kind or the "bad" kind. I mean for all the people on Blows who think STC is funny in a wicked/whaco way...there are also as many people who can't stand him!!!

And unlike US (ahem, normal people) Shakes doesn't give a whit about others "love/hate" feelings about him!!! As long as they NOTICE him!!!

I can see if Michael was voted off the first show and people didn't even remember he was even on the ship....he wouldn't have made a big deal about it to US.

But "win" or "second place" Michael has played one hell of a game on that "reality" show!!!
He has made himself the "Chessmaster"; people love/hate him;
and nobody who has watched "LC" is EVER going to say:
"Oh yeah, which one was Michael?".

So in Mike's book he is a Winner even if he "loses"!!!

Just my opinion (based on too much time spent with Bozo).

PS. Many thanks to Boomerang for my sig pic!!!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-10-01, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
Dalton is beautiful ;)

10-10-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
15. "Oh, Baby, Baby! (Whistling at Sig Pic)"
<<He has made himself the "Chessmaster"; people love/hate him;
and nobody who has watched "LC" is EVER going to say: "Oh yeah, which one was Michael?". So in Mike's book he is a Winner even if he "loses"!!!>>

That's probably the best theory yet.

But, but...Mike promised he'd be loyal to me!

IceCat 16886 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "AH-OOOOOOO-GAH!"
Dalton! Is that you?

In the immortal words of Joey Tribiani...

'How you doin'?

September 11, 2001

true 9681 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
<BUMP>

Because this post is actually thoughtful and original.

I hope you are right T, but I'm afraid if a 3rd couple is brought to the finals, Mike is toast.

true

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-01, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I disagree with LadyT"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-01 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

Just because Shakes doesn't win the whole thing doesn't mean he shouldn't be proud of having made it this far. Making it to the final 6 out of 16 is still pretty good. I think he would have still been drumming up support even if he's the next one to go.

I think since Jeannette, Mike, Anthony, and Melissa have some enemies out there that Darin and Tomika will win just because they haven't made anybody really angry yet.

DetroitChick 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-10-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DetroitChick Click to send private message to DetroitChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I disagree with LadyT"
I agree with Thrill Seeker...Michaels' infiltration of this board/site doesn't mean he wins, maybe Michael has infiltrated this board, so that we like him, and therefore feel like he should've won after we find out that he doesn't. If Antooly had come in here & done the same thing, the majority of us would root for him, too. I see through Michael. I don't like him, nor do I dislike him, but he is pretty sharp for doing what he did. Now he has loyal supporters (on more than one board, I might add). So whether Mike wins or loses,(and I believe he loses) he can come in here and feel better about himself or at least read the countless postings of all of those who worship him. C'mon folks. He's not a god-just a goofy kid who went on national television for the opportunity to win some money & gain some fame.

DetroitChick 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DetroitChick Click to send private message to DetroitChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I disagree with LadyT"
Hmm. Now that I see it-what I said was completely different than what Thrill Seeker was going for. Please excuse my moment of ignorance...first time posting & all...

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
Thank you true
I knew I could use my psych degree, maybe I am right, I could very possibly be wrong. I agree though , whoever the third couple brought back could very possibly be the winner.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

PUCKGRL 9 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PUCKGRL Click to send private message to PUCKGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
I had a theory awhile back.......that Melissa and Michael win. Based on Michael ....well, being Michael....I think eventually that the males would respect "he was PLAYING THE GAME" and vote for him.

And Melissa....well, based soley on the photo of her and Michael at the party. I noticed her hair had been changed from a banana yellow shade to a rich buttery shade of blonde and obviously had been restyled. It looks expensive, so I figured she shelled out some clams....thus she earned some clams from the show! Hey, it's a stretch.....but designer clothes and good highlights....they cost a lot! (I know....I'm whacked!)

BUT...when Michael and Jeanette ended up together...made me think...hmmmm...there goes my theory! UNLESS they don't vote for an established couple in the end? There's a monkey wrench coming into play in the form of a third couple....perhaps things get twisted and Michael ends up with Melissa?

Oh gosh....I won't sleep a wink til next week!

"KISSING?! There's no kissing in
hockey!"

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-01, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
I like the way you think, T. One other factor that might come into play is how angry people are at Melissa. We've only see Mike attacked, but we know some people were definitely onto Melissa as well.

Mike just may have pulled this thing off. We'll just have to wait and see.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: My theory on why Mike wins"
I have a question, has anyone seen him around here this week?
I know he has been busy, but he has been busy before and still hung out here. It seems strange to me, that the longer this show went on, the less we saw of Shakes. I think he Wins, I think he is not saying much because he doesn't want to give anything away.
After-all he knows the spoilers around here pretty well.

So Mikey Wins, all there is to it!

Oh and for the reasons T said too.

*waves at the psuedo sis*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •