The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dallas Spoilers....The Benefactor is taping."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-30-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dallas Spoilers....The Benefactor is taping."
Taping started TODAY! They are mostly doing this in Dallas, except for maybe a few road trips.

supposed to last 7 weeks.....

keep your eye out for Mark Cuban and a group of people.....

Take Pics!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefact... FSUGUY 05-17-04 1
   RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefact... Estee 05-17-04 2
   RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefact... FSUGUY 05-17-04 3
 RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefact... FSUGUY 06-02-04 4
 RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefact... kpod 06-27-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-17-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefactor is taping."
Per Cuban....taping ends today....less than 3 weeks....

Cuban probably couldn't afford the house anymore since his Mavs got bounced so early.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefactor is taping."
Now what kind of guest stars and surprise locations could we possibly see in this series? Anyone? Anyone...?

Betcha someone had to take a shot from halfcourt.

05-17-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefactor is taping."
This was in the Dallas morning news a couple of days ago....SPOILER!

=============================================
Sightings find 'Benefactor' filming discreet but frenzied

05:22 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 12, 2004

By MANUEL MENDOZA / The Dallas Morning News

After I spent two weeks chasing down The Benefactor, including an unsuccessful attempt to get official access to the Preston Hollow set, Mark Cuban's top-secret reality show suddenly seems to be following me around.

I was walking to the parking lot of my downtown apartment building Sunday when I ran into a crew shooting at the flower stand in the basement. Then, later in the day, a friend of a friend said she knew someone who had encountered the Dallas Mavericks owner when he turned up with cameras and contestants at the hospital where she worked.

Other details characterizing the 16 people vying for a mil of the billionaire's bucks and what they've been up to since moving into a big house together – even a name or two – have leaked out in other publications and in Mr. Cuban's online blog.

In an e-mail message, Mr. Cuban declined to confirm details. "Sorry, all I can tell you is that the contestants have been competing at a wide range of tests," he wrote. "They all required a lot of original thinking and got some crazy results."

Here's the dish:

The show, scheduled to run for six episodes on ABC starting in July or August, began shooting on April 30 in a $5 million, 17,000-square-foot private home with seven bedrooms and eight baths on Douglas Avenue. On that day, a dozen cars and vans were parked on a side street – unusual for the quiet neighborhood. A camera crane could be seen in the driveway, and a security guard was posted near a sign reading, "Armed Officers on Duty."
G.J. McCarthy / Special to DMN
A small, metal sign reading "Armed Officers on Duty" sits on the front lawn of the house where the Mark Cuban reality-television series is being filmed.

The contestants had spent the previous day at the Stoneleigh Hotel preparing for the three-week shoot. It ends next week, says location manager Kim Davis.

Since holing up in their posh spread, the contestants have been out on the town committing random acts of kindness to impress their master.

On May 2, a dozen were spotted in a stretch Hummer on Cedar Springs in Oak Lawn, where they dropped in at the Rose Room and JR's Bar & Grill, according to the Dallas Voice.

The same day, Mr. Cuban, camera crews and four contestants showed up at the nearby Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, according to a worker there who asked not to be identified. After giving toys to the kids and taking pictures with them and the staff, one contestant presented a $1,000 donation to a hospital administrator.

"It was a typical reality show – quite set up," the worker said.

Her understanding is that the donation is part of a story line. Each of the contestants was awarding $1,000 to a worthy cause. "They all looked really tired," she said.

Then, last Sunday, Benefactor producers called Absolutely Blooming! at the Southside on Lamar building – the old Sears warehouse that has been converted to lofts – and asked owner Marion Adele Marshall to donate flowers for Mother's Day. A film crew and what looked like a contestant – young, blonde and female – then pulled up in a black SUV and shot Ms. Marshall preparing the bouquets.

Later that day, contestants were spotted handing out flowers outside a Knox Street Starbucks.

At least one contestant's name has surfaced: Kathy Whipple of Webster, N.Y. The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reported May 1 that she had been picked for the show, quoting her mother.

Another published report quotes Mr. Cuban as saying that three Dallas residents are among the contestants, along with a gay sports-bar owner.

In his own online journal, www.blogmaverick.com , he added: "There are fun people and serious people. We have Divas and Drama Queens. We have an Oprah wannabe, a professional football player, collegiate athletes, and two people who sing show tunes when under pressure."
======================

I read the Blog.... they have a female prof.football player...possibly named Sandles from the Dallas Diamonds.

06-02-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefactor is taping."
web promo:

http://www.blogmaverick.com/common/videos/mark/benepromo1.wmv

this has changed from 6 to 8 episodes. it will play in the time slot on ABC before Monday Night Football.

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-27-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Dallas Spoilers....The Benefactor is taping."
Below is a more extended show preview which Cuban calls a "sizzle reel". This runs over six minutes and contains some spoilers regarding the nature of some of the show's twists, as well as a capsule introduction to most (all?) of the contestants. Some get more intro time than others; this in itself may be a spoiler as to who is likely to go far...

http://www.blogmaverick.com/common/videos/mark/sizzlereel.wm

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •