The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Showdown #2 last night?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Showdown #2 last night?"
I fell asleep on it. (My excuse was that it was 1:30 in the morning and I'd been working for most of the day. Sleep also kept me from simultaneously laughing at Wanda Sykes' lines and wanting to put her head through the poker table.) I did get to see Jerome Bettis fold on the best hand at the table, though. Twice. Good thing the man isn't a basketball player: he can juked out of his socks with very little effort.

I'm not sure if the host change is working out just yet. Too many shots, too few hits.

Opinions?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Sh... Fishercat 05-28-04 1
 RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Sh... nailbone 05-28-04 2
   RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Sh... Fishercat 05-28-04 3
 RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Sh... Fishercat 05-28-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-28-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Showdown #2 last night?"
So, you're my long lost likely completely different outside of poker clone.

I, as you were, was watching this and fell asleep around 1:30. Without Wanda, the show would have been crappy. She can be annoying, but she was the catalyst out of the table, got Jerome and Travis out of their shells at the table, and did a pretty good job.

Bettis did pretty darn bad and I expected better. He was intimidated/laughed out of a lot of a good hands, very disappointing.

Mena was boring as hell. I am sure she was trying to play her best game possible, which is fine for pros who make the game exciting, but she came out as boring, and for a Celebrity Poker Show, it doesn't work

Travis amused me consistantly, especially as he was finishing up and talking tour with Wanda. That stuff kept the slow part of the show going.

Rosario (I have to figure she beat Wanda) won due to fairly good play but a lot of luck/amateur idiocy (Mena was right, no sane player would have called her all in with a pair of 8's and a King on the board).

It would have been horrible without Wanda, but all together, it wasn't half bad.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Showdown #2 last night?"
So Rosario finally ended up winning? I too missed the end due to sleep.

Wanda was funny, and psyched Bettis out horribly. The rest were pretty much just boring.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

05-28-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Showdown #2 last night?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-04 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

I have to figure she did. I don't think Rosario was risky enough to lose (at the least) 2 all-ins in the last segment.

ETA: Read the recap. Rosario beat Wanda with only 5% odds to wins, getting her 9 on 5th street, right when Wanda was primed to take the lead.
---

05-28-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Anyone watch Celebrity Poker Showdown #2 last night?"
Well, next week we could have a really good one-two punch of poker events. I am not sure on the Celebrity Poker, but on the World Poker Tour, there is a plethora of talent at the final table this time. The Unabomber, Humberto Brenes, John Juanda, Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari, and two lesser known poker pros.

Looking at the CPC, it looks to be a decent show. IIRC, Mo was on another celebrity poker show where she was pretty good, James Woods looks to be very formidable, and Hyde from That 70's Show is never bad to have at a table. I'm psyched
---

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •