The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
It is getting down to fewer players now. I wonder how they plan to get down to 2 players for the final. They said next week is the final Key Ceremony. But yet in the previews we only see Mike and Flor with the red hats. So if one of them gets voted off there would still be 3 left and no more key pulling. Hmmm? Maybe the booted person next week gets to take someone with them again?

Matt made a mistake early in this series by announcing he was going to give the house to someone else to live in. They booted a female early on because she said the same thing. Matt seemed to realize his mistake too late and tried to backtrack and say maybe he wouldn't actually give the house to someone else, just let them live in it. But it still hurt his chances. And lets face it. The women all think they have a better chance beating Mike than Matt.

Viveca has been kind of the odd remaining player. I am kind of surprised she is still around. She seemed to ride the middle of the pack and she would vote one way one week and completely opposite the next. I usually forget she is even on the show. But then Flor and Mike are the bigger personalities of the remaining players with Naomi as likeable. But Viveca is just kind of there. I would be very surprised if she won. She just hasn't been edited as the winner.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th minitroll 03-16-04 1
   RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th Loree 03-16-04 2
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th bubbastan 03-16-04 3
 March 16th episode Loree 03-17-04 4
   RE: March 16th episode true 03-17-04 5
       RE: March 16th episode Lisapooh 03-17-04 6
           RE: March 16th episode true 03-17-04 7
           RE: March 16th episode true 03-17-04 8
               RE: March 16th episode mtopaz 03-17-04 9
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th Puffy 03-19-04 10
   RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th ginger 03-19-04 11
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th thetick 03-21-04 12
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th Esbea 03-23-04 13
   RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th mtopaz 03-23-04 14
 The Finale true 03-24-04 15
   RE: The Finale Loree 03-24-04 16
       RE: The Finale mtopaz 03-24-04 17
   VIV got the house!?!??! Esbea 04-13-04 21
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th Puffy 03-26-04 18
 The final votes Loree 03-30-04 19
   RE: The final votes Puffy 03-30-04 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-16-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
1. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
There is another episode on tonight. Maybe they will narrow it down then.

I would prefer Naomi or Mike (I can't believe I'm saying that, I used to hate Mike) to win the house. I can't stand Flor, and Viveca bugs me. Two ivy league degrees and she decides to be a juggler for a living? She already said that she would just use the house as a vacation home.

03-16-04, 08:25 PM (EST)
2. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
>There is another episode on tonight.
> Maybe they will narrow
>it down then.
>

Yes, they say tonight they receive a surprise visit. Whatever that means.

I hope Mike or Naomi wins too. I don't think Viveca or Flor needs the house. Plus Flor has hardly done any work on the house either.

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-16-04, 10:36 PM (EST)
3. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
You know, the longer they let Mike stay in the game, the more I think he might just pull it off. What would be more ironic than having the player that everyone wants to go against in the finals end up winning the vote?

Yep, I agree, Matt's chance of actually winning the house went out the window as soon as mentioned that he wanted to give it away. The back-peddling he did to infer that he would only let others use the house to get a new start really didn't fix the problem, since most of these folks are interested in having someone who worked on the house actually end up living in the house.

It's hard to make any sense of Viveca. I don't understand how someone who invested so much time in such a heavy-duty education (not to mention the huge student loan bills she must have racked up -- unless she went on a scholarship) would want to be a juggler.... I also don't get a real feel for why she's there. She doesn't seem to really want the house, it seems more like she's there for the experience, similar to Gabe in Survivor Marquesas.

I also agree that Viveca is not in serious contention for winning the house, and it's almost impossible to tell where her vote will go if she ends up on the jury. To me, the rest of the cast should want to be standing next to her, rather than Mike, in front of the jury. She doesn't seem to have any strong bonds to anyone on the cast, and the rest of the remaining players have at least one strong connection each (Flor/Tony, Naomi/Mike, Mike/Naomi).

I hate to say this, but I'm almost wishing for a Flor win at this point. Now before y'all start pelting me with rocks and garbage, let me explain. It's not that I think that she's the most deserving or the nicest player remaining, it's just that I think that she's played the smartest game overall, and that she's really been the most entertaining member of this cast, in an evil and devious way, of course.

03-17-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
4. "March 16th episode"
Well they are down to the final 2. So instead of letting the booted person take someone out with them. They let the saved one pick their competition (ala Survivor).

I think Flor's threat just made Viveca and Naomi mad. They didn't like her challenge and probably neither one of them really expected to receive her vote on the jury anyway.

I am wondering if most of the jury members even remember that Viveca is there. They all noticed Mike. Love him or hate him they noticed him. But Viveca was this odd person that was there but they never really felt close to or noticed. I would be disappointed if she won. Her boyfriend seemed more interested in her winning than she does. She wants it for a vacation place to write or juggle on the lawn. But it sounds like she plans to remain in New York. At least Mike would use the house. There would be alot of parties but it would be filled with laughter. (Okay maybe I am against Viveca because of the juggling/circus aspect. I am one of those people that is bothered by clowns and the circus.)

I think Naomi will come around and vote for Mike. She was disappointed. But she probably realizes that Mike thinks of her as more well-liked than him and he just couldn't beat her. That is a compliment. And will Flor keep her promise to vote for Mike?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:01 AM (EST)
5. "RE: March 16th episode"
Lucky for me, I just happened to turn the channel to A&E for last nights show. I had no idea they were going to run it on Tues. night. I'm sure a lot of peeps missed what was a good episode.

I'll be disappointed if Viv wins. I have nothing against jugglers, in fact, I even have a favorite one. *waves to MisterFleas* I give her respect for following her heart, and doing a job that she loves. However, I don't want her to win the house, as I doubt she'd really live there. (Where is Harmony, FL anyway? Looks like the middle of nowhere)

Of the final 4, I really wanted to see Naomi win. Too bad she was doomed by being the most likable of the finalists. I think she will vote for Mike though, since she gave him the vote last night, even after finding out that he offered Viv a deal. She just doesn't seem like the vindictive type to me. Although, it wouldn't really surprise me if she gave the house to Viveca. It's not like Viv did anything to her to make her not vote for her.

I was hoping for a Mike-Flor showdown at the end. It was sickening to see Flor grovel for votes last night, and her pathetic attempt to bribe the jury was really grasping. Pathetic. As much as it will pain her, I do think she'll stick by her guns, and vote for Mike to win the house. LOL!

I do hope Mike wins. He may be a little immature, but he is from the area, and would definately live in the house. I couldn't stand him at first, but I do see a big change in him since the beginning.

Is the finale on next Monday night? Anybody know?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
6. "RE: March 16th episode"
I can't believe i missed an episode. I'm so bummed now. i hope they replay it. I wanted Naomi to win and I can't believe I missed the demise of Flor - especially if she groveled her way through it. That would have rocked.

The finale is Mike and Viveca? I hope it's Mike then - he's like Will on Big Brother to me - Viveca has been wishy washy and had no real strategy.

03-17-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
7. "RE: March 16th episode"
I thought of you when I stumbled across it, Pooh. I knew I should have taped it.

I wonder if the ratings for this show have been bad, and they're just trying to wrap it up quickly. When they switched time slots, I figured it was probably doomed.

03-17-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
8. "RE: March 16th episode"
I just looked on the A&E website, Pooh, and it says that last nights episode will air next Monday night in the regular timeslot, and episode 13 (finale) will are at the same time on Tuesday night. I have no idea why they showed it last night.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-17-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: March 16th episode"
Thanks for the info True -- I missed last night's episode too. I am rooting for Mike to win the house. I just don't think it should be a part-time, vacation home for a juggler from New York. Yes, Mike's a typical party boy. But I also get the feeling that this house represents something very important to him, maybe even something he didn't realize he wanted so much when the show began. I think the jury will want the house to be lived in fulltime, not part-time, and that Mike will win.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 02:16 AM (EST)
10. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
I missed Tuesday night's show too. The Reality news online website has a great summary of the episode that we missed. They also said that the 2 shows from this week will both be repeated on Sunday afternoon.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
11. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
Thank you, Puffy...I've lost track of the show but began it and would like to see the conclusion.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-04, 01:59 AM (EST)
12. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
mike may be a lunkhead, but at least the house will be lived in

with viveca it'll be a summer juggling retreat

I see Mike having a huge advantage but it will all come down to what kind of trouble the jury can stir up (cough - flor - cough) and how Mike answers it.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
13. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
I was glad I tuned in to see Airline last night or I would have missed this episode. Ive lost track of it a bit (thanks guys for keeping me up to speed) and was very happy to have had the chance to see it.

I really think Mike will win. Theyre doing a bit of rehab on
him (honestly, do you think he felt THAT badly about setting up both Naomi and Viv?). If this was on SeeBS, Id pick Viv to win because shes been UTR the whole game.

I think Flor was at the place that she had nothing to lose when she made her speech to the jury. She knew there was no way that Naomi would vote for her to stay, so her best best was to dare them to choose her as their "person to beat". Flor has done amazingly well for someone who was so disliked throughout the game. I would have loved to see Viv and Naomi split their vote, and have them both thrown off, so we had a Mike and Flor finale.

I really dont want Viv to win. First off, shes already got a home in Manhattan (someone last night said that she owned it) and whats up with using the house as an "artists retreat"? Shes really seems to me to be one of those people whove had all the advantages in life and since she cant still be a professional student, shes dong her best to avoid any type of real day to day life.
naomi grew on me, I liked that she wanted to share the house with her mom. Her biggest mistake was trusting Mike.

The louder he talked of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons.

03-23-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
14. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
Looking at the jury, I think Mike will likely win as well.

Naomi: She's feeling betrayed by Mike. But she has repeatedly said that she wants the house to be lived in by someone who worked hard to build it. She will not vote for Viveca just so she can have a jugglers' retreat from time to time.

Flor: She told Naomi and Viveca that if they voted her off, she would give her jury vote to Mike, and I believe she will.

Matt: I'm not sure which way he will vote. After he was voted out, he said he could vote to give the house to any of the remaining players, "even Mike." Then he grinned. My guess is he will vote to give the house to the person he feels is most "deserving" or "needy" of it, and that would likely be Mike.

Tony: I feel that Tony will be the most bitter jury member. I have no idea how he will vote.

Sherrill: I think he will vote for Mike, again based on the fact that Viveca does not "need" the house, and doesn't plan to live in it full time.

03-24-04, 12:24 PM (EST)
15. "The Finale"
Am I the only one who saw it?

So, the jury decided to take the bitter route and gave the house to Viv. Honestly, I thought she really blew it with her pathetic final speech. She as much as said she didn't really care about the house, nor did she think she'd give it more than 6 mo. to a year. All along the jury members said they wanted the house to go to someone who would live there. *boggle*

I'm disappointed that they didn't reveal how the jury votes were split. I'm curious to know if Flor stuck to her word and voted for Mike. Naomi did say that she would be voting for Viv, and I guess I can't blame her for being upset that Mike lied to her. I'm guessing that if it was a 3-2 vote, that Sherill was the one who screwed Mike yet again. That guy is a complete flake.

Blah.

03-24-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Finale"
I didn't like the way this show turned out. They gave the house to a circus freak. Yes they were bitter. I think they were all upset that Mike of all people had beat them. So it was a vote against Mike, rather than a vote for Viveca. Viveca never seemed to care about the house. I could think of several players I would have wanted to have the house over her. What a waste. And Tony is just bitter and still thinks he was the only one that deserved the house.

And this show screwed up by never letting us see the vote results.

03-24-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Finale"
Crappy ending! And the producers don't show us how the jury voted? Even crappier! True, I wouldn't be surprised either to find out Sherrill was the tie breaker in Viv's favor. It would be in keeping with his track record.

<sarcasm> Oh well, I'm sure the house will make a lovely retreat for circus performers, and a nice profit down the road for Viveca. Maybe she get have Matt help her with some financial planning. </sarcasm>

I'm glad Mike got $20K and I sure hope he doesn't blow it all on partying.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
21. "VIV got the house!?!??!"
Oh that sucks. I missed the show and have been wondering.

The louder he talked of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons.

03-26-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 15th"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-04 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

Well how were we supposed to know that it was on Tuesday night instead of Monday night? I guess for the last 2 weeks, it was new on Tuesday nights and repeated on the following Monday nights, which is when I watched it. However, I found out by reading the RealityNewsOnline website which gave a great summary of the finale. I guess I'll watch this coming Monday. I was suprised at the final vote; Mike should have won.

I so love my new sig pic courtesy of JSlice

03-30-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
19. "The final votes"
According to the A&E website Tony was the only vote for Mike. So it wasn't even close.

03-30-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The final votes"
Amazing final vote; I wonder why they didn't show the lopsided vote? Well another reality show down the tubes.

AKA Puff Homes
sig pic courtesy of J Slice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •