The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Reality of Reality on Bravo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Reality of Reality on Bravo"
Am enjoying this series enough to switch back and forth from BB and Pair-a-dice Motel to catch it. Episodes have focused on the instant stars created by reality tv, the behind the scenes production challenges (and it was really interesting to see the village of 400 souls or so attached to the various Survivor shoots - while I knew there were, obviously, camerapeople and directors and such, I never realized there was a small, emerging nation just beyond the TV screen perimeter), the history of reality (remember the Loud family in 1971?), etc. I think they'll show each episode many many times so you can catch at your leisure, but v. educational for anyone who watches Bachelor, Survivor, Fear Factor or any of the other "major" reality series.
You will also remain a big Will Kirby fan after viewing, if you were before.

>

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Reality of Reality on Bravo AZ_Leo 09-12-03 1
   RE: Reality of Reality on Bravo ginger 09-12-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-12-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Reality of Reality on Bravo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-03 AT 05:19 PM (EST)

I've been enjoying it too. For those, like me, who missed parts of it, they are reshowing the whole thing tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon.

It's amazing how quickly Bravo went from the channel I passed on the way to TLC (only stopping to see who was on Inside the Actor's Studio) to must see Reality TV this summer. Good job, NBC.

Plus you get the early, good episodes of The West Wing.

Edited to add: I'm looking forward to tonight's episode where we get to see what the rest of the world watches. From the previews even Fox shows could come out looking classy in comparison.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-03, 05:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Reality of Reality on Bravo"
The country of Japan alone produces enough hideous sadistic dreck to make Mark Burnett and Endimol production television look like Masterpiece Theatre.

I found some of the points about public executions - entertainment in the 19th century and coming back as entertainment in our lifetimes to a network near you - chilling and right on the money. I also like the scope of the shows (I had forgotten all about Truth or Consequences and had no idea it started in 1941)(the genesis of "Cops")(I am glad they included soundbites from PBS producers of the various historical "House" series)(the Loud family! Real World New York was NOT the first!).

Another jolting moment last night was when they showed a clip from "Cheaters" (an "ambush" show where people were caught with a cheatEE by spouses, kids, family members and a large camera crew) in which the cheatER stabbed the host for exposing him on TV. Naturally.

I was a little astounded at the background checker's resume - many years with the FBI or something before going to reality TV. Given how much better Smoking Gun performs as a background checker, I am assuming this woman belonged to the same branch of the feds as Poor Hapless Big Brother Jack.

Anyway, recommend to all - it's not campy or cutesy, it's a pretty straitforward documentary, and even those family members who run screaming from the room when you tune in Paradise Motel may find this documentary enjoyable.

>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •