The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Made" on MTV....Charming & Funny! Opposite of Real World"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-04-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
""Made" on MTV....Charming & Funny! Opposite of Real World"
I have made similar comments in the past about reality tv on MTV, but I want to recommend the current episode of "Made" on MTV. It is the completely charming, funny, and very compelling 1 hour show of how a "girly girly" high school senior wants to be "Made" into a BMX rider. It is great stuff, and will air this monday, wednesday, and friday. I suggest taping it so you can watch without the interminable commercials. MTV is more well known for the "Real World" an MB production. It is interesting to me that outside of the first couple of years of Real World that series is a complete dog. The producers do not trust their own material. They want more hook ups and bad behavior. They hand everything to the housemates, including their jobs and you get another season of watching them completely blow the opportunities handed to them, and spend their time drinking, "hooking up", getting angry over their self inflicted failures, and of course failing miserably at the job or assignment that was delivered to them on a silver platter. The initial charm of Real World was to see how seven strangers could make their own way in a strange city and environment. MB has blown their own franchise. Now the "Made" series has all of the charm that Real World lacks. You get to watch someone who wants to be "Made" into something else. They are given coaches to assist them, but the "Made" guest has to do the task themselves....that is the real charm. Additionally, the coaches that are selected are shown to be compelling and interesting people. Between the "Made" guest, and the "coaches" this is a well put together show, and together this series and the "True Life" shows are excellent, and compelling television as opposed to the Real World which is a piece of crap.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Made" on MTV....Charming & Fun... Nicegrl99 08-14-03 1
 I actually... cqvenus 08-14-03 2
 RE: "Made" on MTV....Charming & Fun... toddE 08-14-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Nicegrl99 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
1. "RE: "Made" on MTV....Charming & Funny! Opposite of Real World"
Of course I still watch "The Real World" (probably more for guilty pleasure and boredom than anything else), but I agree with you about "Made". That episode about the BMX girl rocked. I mean, after her short training and her pure determination she actually is only the second female EVER to land a backflip in a competition. Unbelieveable! You go girl!

I also liked the recent episode where an out-of-shape, self-proclaimed food lover wants to be a triathelete. Although his whining was draining at times, the transformation of this boy from beginning to end was miraculous. He even made his stiff military "Made Coach" CRY at the end.

A show that speaks to the true determination of the human spirit is refreshing. And that these are all young people gives me hope for the future ahead

"Belief creates the actual fact"
Nicegrl99

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
2. "I actually..."
... really like this show. It's pointless, but it's REAL.

- at least the ppl have GOALS, not like on TLC's "faking it"

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-14-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: "Made" on MTV....Charming & Funny! Opposite of Real World"
I have only seen this twice. The first time was the girl who wanted to transform from drama geek to cheerleader, and after watching it, I was like "whatever." But then the second episode was the aforementioned "girly-girl" to extreme BMX, and it did totally, totally rock!! Inspiring and entertaining. LOVED IT!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •