The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Monica is feisty!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Monica is feisty!"
"Be a man." Hmmm, wonder if she's used that line before?

I thought it was hysterical when she basically told that HO to shut up and get out.

Where did they find these losers? That guy with the hair in the bathroom with the..ummm..stripper? And what was with the women at the party? They were strippers, right?

And that motivational speaker freak? Next thing you know, he'll be offering kool-aid to everyone. Spooky.

I think the best of the lot is the millionaire guy, and it's probably because he has money, I dunno, but they all seem like jerks/losers to me. Then again, what kind of guy would do this show?

This show has to be the biggest train wreck yet.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Monica is feisty! Asrai 04-29-03 1
   RE: Monica is feisty! Bobi 04-29-03 14
 RE: Monica is feisty! SurvivinDawg 04-29-03 2
 RE: Monica is feisty! Ahtumbreez 04-29-03 3
 Bowing Out PackMan 04-29-03 4
   RE: Bowing Out SurvivinDawg 04-29-03 5
       RE: Bowing Out PackMan 04-29-03 6
           RE: Bowing Out SurvivinDawg 04-29-03 7
       RE: Bowing Out true 04-29-03 10
           RE: Bowing Out SurvivinDawg 04-29-03 11
   RE: Bowing Out TourGirl 04-29-03 16
       RE: Bowing Out Loree 04-29-03 17
 Ep 2 Loree 04-29-03 8
 RE: Monica is feisty! minitroll 04-29-03 9
   RE: Monica is feisty! SurvivinDawg 04-29-03 12
 RE: Monica is feisty! munson 04-29-03 13
   RE: Monica is feisty! SurvivinDawg 04-30-03 20
 RE: Monica is feisty! lucyclaire 04-29-03 15
   RE: Monica is feisty! Asrai 04-30-03 18
   RE: Monica is feisty! SurvivinDawg 04-30-03 19
 RE: Monica is feisty! smiley 04-30-03 21
   RE: Monica is feisty! Femme 04-30-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 04:30 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
Hey True! Thank God I'm not the only one watching this! I missed the first episode, but was (un)fortunate to catch this one! I thought the motivational speaker was way freaky, yet very cute! Will is my choice, as well, but like you said it could just be the money.

"Baseball is religion without the mischief." -- Thomas Boswell

Bobi 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
No, you are not the only one sucked into this stupid show, yes, train wreck.....but I missed EP #2, and do not know what happened, !!!!!!!!!!!!!? and what did Monica yell about?? Yes, mr motivational is just trying to use her as an experiment so when he makes a speech he can say he used his "skills" to win....freaks.....

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 06:47 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
First, Monica may be feisty, but I thought she was wrong to interject herself like she did when a guy was bowing out. I thought she was just going to ask him to leave, but instead she goes on the diatribe, then makes sure to let him and everyone know that he was going to leave anyway. So what? And saying he's not a "real man" (real men don't eat quiche, and they DON'T appear on shows called "Mr. Personality"!!!) is hardly something that Monica Lewinski should be talking about!

They sure didn't try to humiliate that guy on The Bachelorette who took himself out of it just before the rose ceremony. THAT was done with dignity. Monica just shows what we already know about her: she has no dignity.

And neither does this show, and get ready for a RANT:

This has to be the WORST.REALITY.TV.SHOW.EVER.AND.I.MEAN.EVER! "Train wreck" is too kind a term (and insulting to train wrecks).

Gomen nasai, but Hayley is not exactly a prize catch. That other woman (in the bathroom with the Legal Eagle) was dead-on right about Hayley. IMO, Hayley needs a CLUE, not a husband! The fact that TWO guys in her last nine drop out is more than enough to show how lame she is.

The show's scripting and presentation are also as limp as a rag doll. These guys act like they're afraid to touch Hayley, even in the bleeding darkroom! And WTF is up with this concept of having a party with a bunch of women, some of who are professional strippers (or similar ), and lots of booze, etc.??? Shouldn't Hayley be OFFENDED by this in the first place? After all, isn't this all about HER? Someone on this board needs to give that girl DAW lessons!

And then we have the hidden camera room (what was that movie with Sharon Stone? ) so Hayley can watch all these young, fraternity boys act like... well, young fraternity boys. Jeez, whaddya expect them to do? Not drink? Not get wild? Not invite the hot women (MUCH hotter than wallflower Hayley) into a bedroom? So then she goes and grills a couple of the guys about their behavior. That had to be some of the most contrived and lame scenes ever! Give me Ghandia and Ted ANY day!!!

I might still watch because this thing is just morbidly fascinating, like watching them pulling bodies out of that aforementioned "train wreck." But if I do miss it, I won't be missing anything good, that is fer sure. (/rant)

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 08:12 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
I swore I was not going to watch this show, but there I sit every Monday like a big dummy. And it's not even that I'm enjoying this show. The masks creep me out, none of the guys are fun to watch, Haley is yuck and Monica is a moron. But yet there I am.
MUST.SEEK.PROFESSIONAL.HELP.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-29-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
4. "Bowing Out"
Okay, so I gave this show a shot. But quite frankly, I have better things to do with my time. I thought the premise of the show might be good. But this show is just lame. The girl is no great catch, and the guys are just a bunch of freaks.

I give the first guy who decided to quit some credit. He saw that this was a totally stupid situation to be in, and decided to get out while he still had some dignity. The second guy (Brian) however... My opinion is he knew he was going. How could he not know after he was busted for going upstairs with the stripper? So he decided to spin it a bit, and make it look like it was his idea to go.

Second, you put a bunch of single guys in a room with alcohol and strippers, and you're going to get what you got. Yeah, yeah, I know it was a "test" to see who would be loyal to girl they're supposed to be competing for (sorry, but I can't even remember he name any more), but it was what is was - a bunch of drunks at a party.

Basically, I think the whole show is pretty lame. But the good news is that I will now be getting an hour of my life back each week.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

04-29-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Bowing Out"
Packman, I'm in total agreement what you've said. Yes, I think Joe Blue knew he was going. But I think that Monica should have kept her mouth shut (advice she has not adhered to in the past ) and just let the guy go and walk off. Then they could've carried forward, and one of those six wouldn't have known if he was going to be one of the bootees or not...

Also, if you look at this, just what is it about this show? In Ep. 1, one guy (I think his name was Richard) wasn't happy about the psychic readings. He let himself be voted out, but then really (and rightly) have Hayley a piece of his mind about that whole thing about using psychics to make her decisions (maybe she DOES deserve to get hypnotized! ) Then two more guys walked out, rather than continue... since the prize is obviously not that great.

The whole thing is just uncomfortable to watch, and I might join the ranks of those "bowing out", also.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-29-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Bowing Out"
Monica should have kept her mouth shut

But if she had followed this advice in the past, where would she be now?!

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

04-29-03, 10:59 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Bowing Out"
A LOT better off, I'd venture to guess...

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Bowing Out"
But I think that Monica should have kept her mouth shut

I agree with most all of your comments, except this one. Monica's little rant was the funniest part of the show. The guy was not just going to quit and leave, he was getting ready to deliver a long winded, self serving exit speech, just to put himself in the spotlight. The guy was an idiot, and he didn't even come close to deserving a Sue Hawk type speech to accompany his exit. The show is not about HIM, but about Haley, and HER choices. This guy was clearly grandstanding, and I thought it was great that Monica exposed him, and cut him off!

Oh, and wasn't it funny when Monica said she was so embarassed by the video of lawyer Ho and the stripper in the bathroom, doing uhhhh, you know??!!! LOL! Too funny.

04-29-03, 12:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Bowing Out"
I agree with much of what you say. At first, as Monica interrupted the guy, I thought she was going to just say "Okay, you've unmasked, now goodbye." In fact, I was hoping for that, as it was clear the guy was grandstanding and trying to weasel out of not being picked. And if that was what she'd done, great.

But that's not what she did. She went on to make a point to try to humiliate the guy (and he began responding about it, also). It might have been funny to you and everyone else, and no problem with that, but to me it wasn't funny, but was uncomfortable, contentious, and really just pointed out and reinforced the stupidity of this show. Hence, my comments that they should've just cut the guy off, get him out of there, and say no more. The six that made it never would've known if they MIGHT have been cut, and life could've gone on.

And yes, anything Monica says regarding being embarrassed by the (sexual) antics of others will generate derisive chuckles from me.

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-29-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bowing Out"
Unfortunately, I've been watching the show also, but I think the BEST possible ending would be if either: (a) ALL of the guys unmasked and left before the end of the show - I know it would never happen, but it'd be great to see it, especially if they had to scramble to get new guys at the last minute, maybe some of the originally rejected 10, or (b) Haley decided on the final episode not to choose ANY of the remaining men! So far, it seems like she's not really interested in any of them that much, and none of them (while they're SOBER) are that interested in her. If ever there's been a reality show to be on just for the sake of being on TV, this is definitely it!

Sara

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 09:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Bowing Out"
It must be driving the male DAWs crazy. They are on TV but forced to wear masks and not get their faces out there. LOL!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
8. "Ep 2"
My other half watched this show with me lastnight. He had missed the first ep. He kept saying that the first 10 guys must have been really bad if this was the 10 she kept.

I don't find most of the guys appealing at all. They seem pretty childish. And the motivational speaker just creeps me out. Next week we get to see the other guys react to thinking he is hypnotizing Hayley.

Lawyer Boy knew he was going and wanted to appear to be the dumper and not the dumpee. He wanted his Big Moment.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
I'd like to know where they found the bachelorette in this show, Haley. She is annoying, snotty, and way too full of herself, not to mention she has horse teeth like Heidi. The guys aren't great either, and the masks? Well, if I had seen that boat full of guys in colored masks sailing through the harbor I would have died laughing. Saddest of all, I will probably keep watching, just to see what that creepy motivational speaker/stalker guy does next. I hope she picks him. They deserve each other.

04-29-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
not to mention she has horse teeth like Heidi.

Now, now, no need to insult poor Heidi! Actually, I was going to say earlier that Hayley is very close to having buck teeth, but I tried to be nice and refrain. Since you mentioned it, I'm glad to get that one out in the open.

Also, Hayley not ugly by any means, but she's not what I personally would call beautiful. Nice body, but her face is just not my type, I guess. I'm speaking only for myself, of course.

I also think Hayley gives new meaning to the term "ditzy chick". I don't think she has a lot upstairs, and I wonder why any of these guys would want to spend more than a night or two with her (if ya know what I mean). Obviously they're as desperate as she is.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
My, my, my. This is the creepiest reality/dating show yet. Of course, it is a FOX show, so should we really be surprised?

Skanky longhair dude, guys in masks, strippers (and ugly strippers at that) at the party, motivational speaker/sexual pyschopath guy, a chick who isn't attracted to ANY of the remaing guys - I absolutely love it!

I love the fact that the show does not take itself seriously the way the stupid ABC Bachelor shows do. I love the fact that Monica is commenting (disapprovingly) on a ho giving a guy a hummer (the irony!). I love how the producers are doing everything they can to let these guys hang themselves. I'm in this one to the end and will enjoy every salicious, creepy, laughable minute of it!

04-30-03, 06:37 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
I love the fact that the show does not take itself seriously the way the stupid ABC Bachelor shows do.

"Joe Millionaire" didn't take itself seriously, and that was part of its charm. And that show did have some redeeming qualities. This show, by way of contrast, CANNOT take itself seriously because it is simply so BAD. It's just pure idiocy. You didn't see the Joe Millionaire show have a party for the girls with male strippers, to see which girl might look at one of them, but that's what they surely did in "Mr. Personality".

Keep enjoying the show, and let us know how it goes.

lucyclaire 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
I like Monica too. She has spirit. I'm glad she told that loser attorney in the blue mask where to go. Told him that he wasn't a real man. A real man can handle rejection, a real man doesn't wimp out 'cause he is scared. Blue mask knew he was a jerk and thought he would tell Hailey off. Hailey never did anything to him. If he didn't like participating in the show, or if he hates women, why did he choose to go on this show? I'm glad Monica cut him short from his immature little spiel.

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 02:33 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
Welcome aboard, lucyclaire! If you like laughing up a storm and making new friends, then head here for some real fun!

"When I'm good, I'm very, very good. When I'm bad, I'm better!" Mae West

04-30-03, 06:33 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
Hi Lucy, and welcome.

All I want to say is that a REAL man would not bother appearing on this lame show. Every one of these guys is a L-O-S-E-R.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-30-03, 07:59 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
OMH.....I am such a sad case....I TAPED Mr Personality since I needed to watch Third Watch season finale and I watched Mr Personality when i got home yesterday. I don't think I have ever laughed so much in my whole life. How on earth can anyone take this show seriously??? What fox needs to do is put COMEDY next to the title instead of reality show LOL.

And did anyone see the previews for the next coming episodes. Hypnosis??????????? Oh man this show is going to get better and better each week LOL

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-30-03, 02:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Monica is feisty!"
Yes, you really have to take it with a chuckle and know that at least it's not pushing to phony emotion of "The Bachelor" on us.

I really am enjoying it, and I think Monica was right on jumping in last night. Self-serving little man-whore.

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •