The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next Action Star"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-02, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next Action Star"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-02 AT 12:05 PM (EST)

Now, this show could be interesting...

First, TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/inthenews/020912.asp#A

NEXT BEST THING: NBC has picked up a new reality series from movie producer Joel Silver that will attempt to find the next Vin Diesel and Jennifer Garner. According to Variety, the 10-episode series — titled The Next Action Star — will follow producers as they hold a casting search to find potential male and female stars with "that indefinable 'it' factor." The winners will star in the Silver-produced NBC TV movie Hit Me. Paging American Idol spitfire Tamika...

edited to add CNN story:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/12/television.action.hero.reut/index.html

New NBC show to find 'Next Action Star'
HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) --Look out, Vin Diesel.

Joel Silver, producer of such action movie franchises as "The Matrix" and "Lethal Weapon," has partnered with NBC in an attempt to find "The Next Action Star," Variety reports.

The 10-episode reality series will follow producers as they hold a casting search to find potential male and female stars with "that indefinable 'it' factor." The winners will star in a Silver-produced NBC TV movie, tentatively titled "Hit Me." Silver will serve as an executive producer of the series, which is targeting a likely summer 2003 launch.

"Uncovering new talent is a fascinating process and we are excited to share this experience with the public," Silver said.

"Next Action Star" represents a slight change of pace for NBC's reality department, which until now has mostly focused on stand-alone contests such as "Fear Factor." Those close-ended shows perform well, particularly in repeats (unlike serialized reality shows), but lack the pop culture phenomenon quality of an "American Idol" or "Survivor."

"Obviously we've had plenty of success with 'Dog Eat Dog' and 'Fear Factor,' so I like the action genre for reality," said Jeff Gaspin, NBC's executive VP of alternative series, longform and program strategy.

The series will kick off with a nationwide hunt for prospective stars, who will eventually be narrowed down to 12 finalists. The contestants will then move to Hollywood, where they'll be given acting, training and combat lessons in addition to receiving "star treatment" (such as limos and fancy clothes). Contestants will be eliminated at the end of each episode after competing in a series of stunt action sequences.

The final winners -- one man, one woman -- will star in the "Hit Me" picture, which will also double as "The Next Action Star's" series finale.

"When you write the handbook for reality TV, this show has all the elements," Gaspin said. "It has the vote-off, the contestant search, the close living quarters."

A number of details are still being ironed out, such as whether the show will include an at-home voting element. Additional episodes may also go behind the scenes of the movie's production. As part of the televised search, the producers also hope to showcase a major feature casting director and find a big name to direct the movie.

Evil, rude, snotty, and proud of it!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next Action Star katem 09-12-02 1
 oh no GTmike 09-12-02 2
 RE: Next Action Star ejm92 09-12-02 3
 RE: Next Action Star Bucky Katt 09-12-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Next Action Star"
Oh noooooo !!!!! They must be joking !!!!!

That movie is going to be "straight to video" bad

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-12-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
2. "oh no"
That is all that I can say. Oh no. It is bad shows like these popping up all of the time that ruin good ones like Survivor and Amazing Race b/c they all get put in the same category.

*sighs*

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-12-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Next Action Star"
Wow, I thought FOX was bad...how low will these networks go to get a viewer? At least CBS still has some quality reality programming.

Packers 2002 Mission: 16W Update: 1-0, Saints are the next casualty!

"If we get home field, it's over. We're not losing at home." - Brett Favre....Consider yourselves forewarned, Rams.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-02, 03:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Next Action Star"
As part of the televised search, the producers also hope to showcase a major feature casting director and find a big name to direct the movie.

Oh I am sure that Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, M Night Shyamalan and James Cameron are just tripping over themselves to direct this masterpiece!

Is there really anyone out there who wants to be the next Jean-Claude Van Damme or Steven Seagal? I can't wait to see a dozen steroid monkeys with an IQ lower than room temperature battling it out for this.

Aloof...bizarre...sarcastic...volatile...he is a CAT after all!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •