The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"30 Days"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"30 Days"
I looked four pages back in the archives & didn't see this discussed yet.

Has anyone been watching Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days on FX? It's fantastic. He takes his Supersize Me concept into the rest of life...try something completely different for 30 days. Sometimes it's him doing the "change," but usually it's another American.

Episodes I've watched thus far:
-Morgan and his girlfriend live on minimum wage
-A victim of outsourcing to India goes & lives and works with the Indians that took over his job.
-An Texas independent border patrolman lives with an illegal immigrant family
-An atheist lives with a fundamentalist Christian family
-The mother of a college student binge drinks to teach her daughter a lesson. This episode wasn't so good.

Go watch. It's generally the best reality tv on right now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 30 Days brvnkrz 08-17-06 1
 RE: 30 Days Tahj 08-17-06 2
 RE: 30 Days ginger 08-17-06 3
   RE: 30 Days brvnkrz 08-17-06 4
 RE: 30 Days Fishercat 08-17-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
1. "RE: 30 Days"
Yep. We've been watching it too. a couple of episodes made me think differently and a couple have not. I haven't seen the drinking binge one yet. But we're loving this show so far.

Sig by Bob-Because gay sheep jokes never grow old

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-17-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
2. "RE: 30 Days"
I've seen one episode of the guy who tried to get back into shape in 30 days by intense exercise and taking testosterone, etc. It was really good.

Moves courtesy of Syren

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
3. "RE: 30 Days"
It's interesting stuff. I saw the premiere last year where he and his fiance tried to live off minimum wage earnings for a month. They pretty much found it impossible.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
4. "RE: 30 Days"
Are you just following me around from forum to forum?

Sig by Bob-Because gay sheep jokes never grow old

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-17-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
5. "RE: 30 Days"
I saw the minimum wage and illegal immigration episodes (the first one in full) a couple days ago. The show is extremely engrossing and interesting: especially the min. wage one for me (since I've lived very well from when I remember (if not when I was an infant and she was on almost min. wage in Hawaii) since my mother has always had a steady, high-paying job and the necessary support.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •