The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivorman"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-17-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivorman"
Survivorman is a new show on the Discovery channel on Wednesday nights. One man, all alone, no camera crew, no food, no water, no fire. He has camera equipment which he sets up. He is dropped by helicopter into the Temagami, Toronto, Ontario, Canada area in the middle of winter. He has to hike out of this Canadian forest within 7 days. He is given the wreckage of an airplane.

On the first show, he did not make it out to civilization within the 7 days, so they had to rescue him. It was amazing what he could do with the wreckage of the plane. He started a fire with some wires and a battery. He peeled away the outer layers of the plane, for shelter. He made traps to catch rabbits.

I assume he is stranded at a different location each show, but I'm not exactly sure. There has only been one week so far. But it was really good! And no Jeff Probst.

Snowed in by Tribephyl

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivorman DooWahDitty 01-18-06 1
 RE: Survivorman byoffer 01-18-06 2
 RE: Survivorman weltek 01-18-06 3
   RE: Survivorman Puffy 01-18-06 4
 RE: Survivorman CattyChat 01-18-06 5
 RE: Survivorman Puffy 01-19-06 6
 Also on Science CattyChat 01-21-06 7
   RE: Also on Science Puffy 01-21-06 9
       RE: Also on Science CattyChat 01-22-06 10
 RE: Survivorman DooWahDitty 01-21-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-18-06, 01:30 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Survivorman"
Thanks for posting this, Puffy! I had no idea about this... I think I will try watching it. And I will tell my son who is interested in this kind of thing.

it's a Cygpic

P.S. I'm surprised you didn't post one of your legendary feline graphics in here!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivorman"
I have watched a few times, and agree that it is very interesting. Each show is a different location and situation. The guy basically has 5 days to get rescued. Sometimes rescued can mean finding civilization, or it might mean being spotted on the 5th day. One show I saw he found railroad tracks, and used these to find the highway. Another he set up a camp on a riverbed where and built a signalling fire. Each day his team checks on his (presumably using some sort of emergancy beacon) to make sure he is not in danger, but they don't find him each day and they don't make contact (just fly over).

Some of the topics he discusses could be useful if, heaven forbid, any of us were ever in a survival situation.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivorman"
We've been watching this since last fall & love it! He's a fun guy & I can't believe the stuff he'll find to eat. Great show.

01-18-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivorman"
I had no idea that it already had been on TV for a while. Thanks!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivorman"
This show sounds really interesting. I can't believe I never stumbled upon it or heard of it before. I'm going to set my DVR now for tonight's ep & check it out.

Thanks for the scoop.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

01-19-06, 02:02 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivorman"
In tonight's show, he was lost at sea. He made drinking water by creating moisture inside a plastic covering and then saving the moisture in a cup. In the credits, I noticed that Charlie Parsons was listed. He's also involved in Survivor.

Snowed in by Tribephyl

01-21-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
7. "Also on Science"
Thanks again, Puffy & the rest of you who discovered this show. I watched my first episode the other night, Lost at Sea, and really enjoyed it.

Last night, I was flipping through the channel guide and found an hour-long episode of Survivorman on the Science channel. That episode was Costa Rican Jungle and it was great. I am hooked on this show.

Upcoming eps are reruns (I think) of The Mountain (30 min on Discovery) and Winter Plane Crash (60 min on Science).

So, my questions are:

Are the episodes on Discovery edited down to 30 minutes from an hour?
Why are there 60-min eps on Science & only 30-min eps on Discovery?

I'm going to keep an eye out on Science to see if "Lost at Sea" or "The Mountain" are ever listed and whether they are played at 60 min, rather than 30 min.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the show & found it really informative.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

01-21-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Also on Science"
I don't get the Science channel. However, on the 30 minute Discovery channel show, there's a line at the bottom of the screen that says to watch the same show, with additional footage on the Science channel. So you are right, the 30 min Discovery show is 60 minutes on Science. The winter plane crash was a 30 minute show on Discovery a couple of weeks ago.

01-22-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Also on Science"
I'll be sure to keep an eye on The Science Channel, then. I really enjoyed the show (surprising, since it's just one guy) and would prefer the extended version.

After The Costa Rican Jungle, I think I'll have to make sure to have Scooby Doo underwear with me if I ever get stranded .

The plane crash ep looks good. I would NEVER want to be stranded in the middle of the winter -- brrr. Well, there is one plus, I suppose, in that the creepy crawlies are non-existent.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-21-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivorman"
I forgot to set the VCR for this on Wednesday. In my area it plays at 10:30pm on Wed and 2:30 a.m. on Thursday. I wonder why it's only 30 mins., though. At any rate, the Canadian Rockies next week should be beautiful to watch!

syg by Cyg

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •