The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-25-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Work Out is another slick Bravo entry into Reality programming. It shows, among other things, how incestuous reality programming is. One of the trainers employed by the owner and focus of this show is Rebecca, formerly of the Amazing Race. Who is one of Rebecca's clients, but Victoria, of Johnathan and Victoria (Amazing Race infamy).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... Ricky 07-26-06 1
   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... HowiesBF 07-28-06 2
 RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... eire_heart74 07-29-06 3
   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... LisaPles 08-03-06 4
   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... KwietOne 08-18-06 17
 RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... linz79 08-03-06 5
 RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... funfunfun 08-08-06 6
   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... LisaPles 08-09-06 7
       RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... funfunfun 08-09-06 8
           RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... Padme 08-09-06 9
               RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... Tahj 08-16-06 11
                   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... brvnkrz 08-17-06 12
                       RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... ginger 08-17-06 13
                           RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... brvnkrz 08-17-06 14
 RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... Jenoc99 08-14-06 10
   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... nosymom 08-17-06 15
 RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... mocha madness 08-18-06 16
   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... brvnkrz 08-19-06 18
       RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... frodis 08-19-06 19
           RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... brvnkrz 08-20-06 20
               RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... funfunfun 08-23-06 21
                   RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... LisaPles 08-24-06 22
                       RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... funfunfun 08-24-06 23
                           RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Wat... brvnkrz 08-24-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-26-06, 07:45 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I'd like to try it out. When is this show on ?

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

HowiesBF 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-28-06, 06:54 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-06 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-28-06 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

I watched the first episode and was turned off enough not to go back for the second. "Jackie" (the owner) is a way too full of sef-importance for me, and that's saying a lot since everyone on reality TV is full of self-importance.

I believe it airs Tuesday nights @ 9PM EST, and then repeats throughout the week (I think at 11 pm).

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I watched a bit but it kind of bored the daylights out of me. Most of what I saw was just people working out which is just no interesting. Maybe there will be some catty drama later on but for the most part I don't think I will add this to my list of shows.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-03-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I have only watched a little bit of the show, but I'm not really interested in watching more. What I really found annoying was the jealous girlfriend. Nobody, gay or straight, should put up with that kind of behavior from their partner. If someone pulled that crap on me I would show them to the door!

KwietOne 1111 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Talk about boring, but have you seen "The Gym" on the Fit channel? Now, that's boring! My friggin gym plays it on one of the TV monitors. Who in the heck wants to watch other people workout on TV when you're already working out? Besides that, you've got other people working out in front of you! I mean, c'mon! LOL!

linz79 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-03-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
the black guy i think his name is Andre was also on Fear factor couples

funfunfun 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I love Jackie so far!--at least the way they are portraying her. I like her self-assuredness and her caring seems to be genuine. But what I don't get is how can she put up with that pi**y-a** girlfriend of hers. What gives with that? Does this women have a vagina of platinum, or what? I don't get it unless Jackie has a streak of masochism in her. (She does like to get bitten.) How can she exude all this self-confidence in her business, with her trainers, and clients and then turn into this shivering, spineless, "tail between her leg" person with that little shrew. I'm going to continue to watch to see what develops or doesn't between these two.

08-09-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
You really have to wonder if the jealous girlfriend is a contrived story line, right?

08-09-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-06 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

You may be right, Lisa--but last night revealed to me that maybe Jackie puts up with Mimi's tirades because Jackie plays games--innocent flirting with her straight client--yeah, right. She's way too quick to provocatively and inappropriately jump at people and perhaps Mimi has been on the receiving end of this too many times, for too many years--I think she said they have been together for four years. Now that I've seen this side of her I can somewhat understand Mimi's reaction, although she is way over the top. It reminds me of that relationship portrayed by Sharon Stone and the young woman in "Basic Instincts." They get off hurting each other. I just think they've got this sadist/masochistic thing going on that makes for drama and right now it is making Mimi look like the heavy when Jackie is the one who keeps adding fuel to the fire. As much as I hate to, I have to give Mimi the benefit of the doubt. I don't approve of her behavior, it's inexcusable and no one should have to put up with that crap, but something's there. Jackie's not as innocent as she has been portrayed. Even though she seems to be rethinking their relationship, if she keeps behaving the way she does in relationships, all she will do is just attract another Mimi. She needs to wake up, get a clue, and stop presenting herself as the, "I don't know why Mimi..." victim. She knows why. She just doesn't want to admit she has a hand in it.

Padme 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-09-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I started watching this a few weeks ago and like every other train wreck reality show wanna-be, I can't look away.

I couldn't understand why she would flirt with her "straight" client and all. Really stupid if you ask me.

I was really horrified by the way she treated her mom in the last episode. She knows her mom doesn't approve of her gay lifestyle but instead of spending a night alone with her when she's in town she invites 10 of her closest gay friends to dinner. Ummmm, HELLO! Can you say NASTY!!! If her mother doesn't agree with that lifestyle she cannot shove it down her throat! Her mom was being more than nice! If I were thrown into a situation like that I wouldn't have been nearly as nice about it.

And what is with Mimi always biting her? I don't see what's so special about Mimi. All the 2 of them do is fight so why are they still together?

I agree that maybe a lot of this drama is made-up for the show. Lord knows I couldn't live like that!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-16-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I was really horrified by the way she treated her mom in the last episode. She knows her mom doesn't approve of her gay lifestyle but instead of spending a night alone with her when she's in town she invites 10 of her closest gay friends to dinner. Ummmm, HELLO! Can you say NASTY!!! If her mother doesn't agree with that lifestyle she cannot shove it down her throat! Her mom was being more than nice! If I were thrown into a situation like that I wouldn't have been nearly as nice about it.

So then you would agree that when Jackie goes to visit her mother she shouldn't be subjected to her mother's lifestyle, right?

Jackie said many times during the episode that she wants her mother to be a part of her life and so she wanted her to meet some of her friends. That's it. Her mother knows she is gay and has known for years. Do you think she didn't know she would be meeting some of her friends? She certainly could have chosen not to attend if she found it so objectionable.

HELLO! Can you say NASTY!

I find this statement particularly offensive, Padme. There is nothing NASTY about having dinner with a group of gay people and Jackie did not shove her lifestyle down her throat--another statement I find offensive.

Tribe rocked my sig!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I agree. She was incorporating her Mother into her life. It happens that her friends are gay and if Mom couldn't handle it, she shouldn't have come to visit.
I think Mom is a bit rough on Mimi, too. Even though I don't like Mimi.

Sig by Bob-Because gay sheep jokes never grow old

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Maybe I'm a sap, but I thought the Jackie/mom scenes were moving and sincere. She is trying very hard to be who she is and she seems genuinely sad that her mother will miss out on sharing her life. If a straight woman married some guy her mom disapproved of, would having him sit at the dinner table be "shoving it down" mom's throat, or nasty?

Anyway, I like the show. I like Jackie. It reminds me a bit of the FIRST (not the recent) season of Blowout.

08-17-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Maybe I worded it wrong. I DO feel that Jackie was sincere in wanting to incorporate her Mom. I didn't think the same of her Mom. I felt her Mom just wanted to judge Jackie. I'll say that she did handle the dinner pretty well. I'm not sure how I would feel if I was in a room full of people bashing me. But I think it's sad that Mom doesn't want to accept Jackie and is rude to Mimi. Unless she is just rude to Mimi because Mimi is a b!tch. That's justified. I wonder how Mom would treat any of Jackie's other GF's if they were nice people.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I LOVE THIS SHOW!
I thought it would be lame, but nooo...I am sucked into the drama, and I find that I just love to hate Mimi! When she bites Jackie I find myself yelling at the t.v., every time.
I loved it when the new trainer put the fruit in his pants and said, "now I'm Jackie.." too funny!!
The commercials are right, 3% body fat, 97% drama.

nosymom 16 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Mimi is a scream. The most insecure woman ever. Wish Jackie would dump her on her giant inflated head. Loves Jackies mom telling her off. The new guy is hilarious.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-18-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Just when I thought this show was starting to work for me, and build some momentum Bravo has been promo-ing the finale for next week. Lots of loose ends to wrap up in one last show.
Maybe this is setting up for a second season.

Bravo is really becoming the Gay Network....Work Out, Queer Eye, Project Runway....the gay boys and lesbians are taking over the reality shows on Bravo.

08-19-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
It's nice to finally see a channel dedicate some shows to the gay population. Especially since the straight people have taken over reality shows on every other channel. I say bravo to Bravo.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-19-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I say bravo to Bravo, too. It's nice to see some shows with gay cast members where we don't have to have "a very special episode" for them to get some airtime.

Like a bird on a stick, like a burning midnight fire, I have tried, in my life to be free.
Sigs by Bob-Poor drawing combined with obscure misquoted lyrics.

08-20-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Or where they are just the token gay character on a reality show. It's also nice how they don't focus on the "gay thing". They present this as a reality show and they follow the life of the owner who just happens to be gay.

08-23-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
That Mimi's a piece of work--how could Jackie have put up with that for four years! Did you see her last night--WTF! Listening to Jackie's bravado spew as she was walking down the street listing who she was and how someone had to match that, I guess perhaps the first 2 years (at best) she must have tried to tame the Mimi beast, she couldn't help it, it was too tempting! It's in her nature to try to change people or she wouldn't be in the business of transforming bodies. But another 2 years of that craziness. Again did you see how that Mimi person acted last night--she's a psychopath.
And if this is renewed for a second season and Jackie is back with Mimi, I won't watch it again because I couldn't believe or respect a word that came out of her mouth. She would have lost all credibility with me by showing herself to be a weak-##### ##### with no balls/ovaries. I couldn't phantom one excuse that she could give me to justify getting back with that nut job.

08-24-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I think everyone can agree when I say that Mimi is such a total loser! I was surprised when Jackie referred to her age as 26! I thought she looked much older than that!

I wasn't sure if I liked Jackie at first but she really grew on me toward the end. I think she is a cool person.

08-24-06, 10:48 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
I like her too. She's definitely a conundrum. She seems so together, but then--Mimi. Why?

08-24-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Work Out on Bravo....Anyone Watching It?"
Hopefully Jackie is as strong as she comes across and we won't have to see any more of Mimi.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •