The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sportskids Moms & Dads"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sportskids Moms & Dads"
Adventures in Bad Parenting continues with another in these weirdly compelling series on Bravo...the premiere was this weekend. Anyone watch?

Random thoughts:

1. Football dad reminds me of Pepe's dad from Showdogs. Gently creepy. Esp. when he sets up son's little uniform with pads and everything, so it looks like a little player is in it.

2. Texas cheerleading is getting more chilling by the minute. The expressions they teach these little moppets! I am not sure if Mom or daughter is the creepier. And I agree that three hours of hip hop lessons may be a teeeeeeeeeeeeny bit too much just before competing on not one, but two, incredibly serious cheerleading squads.

3. Don't sell Disco! I'll cry!

4. The "no place for fifth on the podium" scene is going to haunt Skating Mom, trust me.

5. The basketball coach and daughter seem relatively sane. Of course, this was only episode one.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads volsfan 06-06-05 1
   RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads ginger 06-06-05 2
 RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads CattyChat 06-07-05 3
   RE: Show CAT Moms & Dads Pretty_Kitty 06-08-05 6
       RE: Show CAT Moms & Dads CattyChat 06-08-05 7
 RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads pmspml5 06-07-05 4
   RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads missygirl3 06-07-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads"
I think the first episode premiered on Tuesday of last week. It is taking the same time spot as Show Dog Mom and Dads. I watched and said the samething about the football reminding me of Pepe's dad!

The football dad is out there big time.

The cheerleading mom worries me. She is close to being off her rocker too.

I feel sorry for skating son. The mom reminds me of the gay guy's mom on TAR. For some reason I kept thinking of her during the entire episode.

I can't wait for the next episode. However, I think the Show Dog show was more compelling (for me anyways).

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads"
I'd swear the cheerleading mom is related to the little beauty pagent contestant's mom from Showkids Moms & Dads.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-07-05, 08:29 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads"
Watched it and it wasn't as psychotic as I thought it would be. I guess everyone is putting their "best face" forward in the beginning and we'll see their bad come out soon.

I also saw football dad/Pepe's dad similarity. I guess FBDad will get more bizarre down the road.

The cheerleaders and their head shaking and expressions coming out for their competition was CREEPY!! I think lil miss and her mother are going to be the worst of the bunch.

I too felt sorry for the ice skater. His mother is so judgmental and it obviously really affects him. It's great that he has as much talent as he does and only being in it for a few years -- obviously not good enough for mom, though.

Horse family seems relatively normal and BB mom/daughter not too bad, but I do see some serious rivalry there. Will mom be jealous if daughter gets more college "letters" that she had?

So far, I liked show dogs the best and hope they do another -- but what I'd REALLY love to see is a Show cats moms and dads . . .

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-08-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Show CAT Moms & Dads"
Catty Chat I would be the happiest person in the universe I am a HUGE cat show fan and go to everyone close to my home.....anyway

I though the show was fun I always wanted to do competitive cheerleading but I'm kind of glad I didnt I wanted to choke ice skaters mom and I felt bad for horse mom all in all not as good as show biz or show dogs but still good

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Show CAT Moms & Dads"
I've emailed BRAVO with my suggestion for Showcat and I'm keeping my paws crossed.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads"
I have been in collegiate and private sports my whole life. I played softball in high school and college - only after I injured my ankle in the sport of gymnastics. I have been a gymnastics coach/judge up until this year so I have been "in" for quite some time. Here is my opinion.

1 Cheerleading mom/kid: This is mild to what I use to see on a daily basis. They should change the term from "soccer mom" to "cheerleading mom". Although I think this mom will get much worse she is by far not any where near as bad as they come. It is such an athletic sport and the coaches with all the facky expressions and parents are giving it a bad rap.

2. Football Dad/son: This parent freaks me out the most - as he has his son "working out" 7 days a weak with no day off. I have one word - burn out. It reminds me of the little league pitchers - how many of those great pitchers from the Little League World Series ever make it to the big leagues? I dont know of 1.

3. Horse Mom/daughter: Where the hell is the dad? My niece competes in equestrian and selling that horse is not as big of a deal as they are making it out to be. RARELY do the riders OWN the horses they ride as youths. Most horses are owned by the trainers not the riders. It is not until they are established adults that they start owning their own horses. The daughters seem a bit spoiled to me. My bet is that the trainer buys the horse and the daughter still gets to ride it or another one. She will still get to compete and probably to well. MMMM a house or a horse - not much a decision in my book.

4. Ice Skater Mom/son: The fact that she doesnt watch him compete reeks of an over pushy parent. That is just giving a horrible message to her son - I cant stand to see you fail.

5. Basketball Coach/daughter: They seem very normal to me and I bet end up being the only sain group in the mix.

I'm betting the editing will come down to:

Normal Parents: Basketball, Horse
Abnormal: Skater Mom
Freaks: Football, Cheerleading

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-07-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Sportskids Moms & Dads"
I did not get to see it, but I am going to now. sounds pretty good. I am not at all surprised by some of the comments regarding the cheering mom. I know people like that and it is scary.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •