The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's official"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sunny_Bunny 5596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-07, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's official"
THERE WILL BE NO SEASON 2. The following post was from Eccefama mod at the On The Lot official site.

Posted: Aug/26/2007 10:09 AM PST
(report inappropriate content)

Now that On The Lot has come to an end, we regret to inform you that the forums will close at the end of August.

On behalf of everyone involved with On The Lot, we thank you all for your interest and participation in both the show and the website. We saw some wonderful films on the air and online and were impressed. Your talent is simply astounding!

This is as final as it can get. What a rotten thing, as this show COULD have been a good one.

Sigh. WWGhandiD?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's official qwertypie 09-02-07 1
   RE: It's official Agman2 05-04-15 6
 RE: It's official mattben 09-03-07 2
   RE: It's official mistyrose52 09-05-07 3
       RE: It's official mistyrose52 01-12-08 4
           DO NOT TEST HERE Bebo 01-13-08 5
               RE: DO NOT TEST HERE Agman2 05-04-15 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-07, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It's official"
So true! I was astounded at how badly they mucked this up. I wonder when this forum will slip into the cancelled shows section.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Agman2 1109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-15, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It's official"
Trust me, it's already there!

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-03-07, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It's official"
Yep, quertypie.

I would have devoted a lot more to "How It's Made" for the directors. Showing the nuts and bolts of the production, including budgets, organization, writing, storyboarding, crew work, etc. Make it a bit more like Project Runway (though I don't see how they could reasonably include subcompetitions for non-directors). And less jabbering from the judges and wasteful junk time.

I wonder what budget per short they had?

Could also do something similar to their mid-course correction:
- Start w/ 16 directors, 4 shows of 4 directors each. Pick a winner each, or take top 2.
- Either down to 8 or 12 directors. That's either 2 or 3 shows. with 3 shows, pick a winner for each, then a 3-way finale.
- At 4 directors. Top two again.
- if it's a "drop two" scheme, we're at 4 directors. rinse, repeat.
- at four, either pick a winer or drop two for a finale 1-on-1.
That's a quick 6 show run, or stretched out more depending on how many get dumped each show.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-05-07, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's official"
This IS a shame-it was so refreshing to see something so different. But, maybe there just aren't that many directors out there willing to take on someone and put out a cool mil to boot, huh?

I wish these guys lots of luck-they certainly have amazing talent. This show, hopefully, catapulted some of them in ways that just finishing film school, and trying out there on their own, would not have done.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-12-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's official"

Testing on a closed forum

Bebo 20897 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-08, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "DO NOT TEST HERE"
There is no reason to post to test a picture - that's what the preview button is for.

Agman2 1109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-15, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: DO NOT TEST HERE"
Thanks for handling that Bebo, I was getting upset!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •