URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID111
Thread Number: 32
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"It's official"

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 08-28-07 at 01:09 AM
THERE WILL BE NO SEASON 2. The following post was from Eccefama mod at the On The Lot official site.

Posted: Aug/26/2007 10:09 AM PST
(report inappropriate content)

Now that On The Lot has come to an end, we regret to inform you that the forums will close at the end of August.

On behalf of everyone involved with On The Lot, we thank you all for your interest and participation in both the show and the website. We saw some wonderful films on the air and online and were impressed. Your talent is simply astounding!

This is as final as it can get. What a rotten thing, as this show COULD have been a good one.

Sigh. WWGhandiD?

Table of contents
  • RE: It's official,qwertypie, 11:14 AM, 09-02-07
    • RE: It's official,Agman2, 05:41 PM, 05-04-15
  • RE: It's official,mattben, 09:23 AM, 09-03-07
    • RE: It's official,mistyrose52, 09:33 AM, 09-05-07
      • RE: It's official,mistyrose52, 12:06 PM, 01-12-08
        • DO NOT TEST HERE,Bebo, 02:34 PM, 01-13-08
          • RE: DO NOT TEST HERE,Agman2, 05:42 PM, 05-04-15

Messages in this discussion
"RE: It's official"
Posted by qwertypie on 09-02-07 at 11:14 AM
So true! I was astounded at how badly they mucked this up. I wonder when this forum will slip into the cancelled shows section.

Posted by Agman2 on 05-04-15 at 05:41 PM
Trust me, it's already there!

Posted by mattben on 09-03-07 at 09:23 AM
Yep, quertypie.

I would have devoted a lot more to "How It's Made" for the directors. Showing the nuts and bolts of the production, including budgets, organization, writing, storyboarding, crew work, etc. Make it a bit more like Project Runway (though I don't see how they could reasonably include subcompetitions for non-directors). And less jabbering from the judges and wasteful junk time.

I wonder what budget per short they had?

Could also do something similar to their mid-course correction:
- Start w/ 16 directors, 4 shows of 4 directors each. Pick a winner each, or take top 2.
- Either down to 8 or 12 directors. That's either 2 or 3 shows. with 3 shows, pick a winner for each, then a 3-way finale.
- At 4 directors. Top two again.
- if it's a "drop two" scheme, we're at 4 directors. rinse, repeat.
- at four, either pick a winer or drop two for a finale 1-on-1.
That's a quick 6 show run, or stretched out more depending on how many get dumped each show.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 09-05-07 at 09:33 AM
This IS a shame-it was so refreshing to see something so different. But, maybe there just aren't that many directors out there willing to take on someone and put out a cool mil to boot, huh?

I wish these guys lots of luck-they certainly have amazing talent. This show, hopefully, catapulted some of them in ways that just finishing film school, and trying out there on their own, would not have done.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 01-12-08 at 12:06 PM

Testing on a closed forum

"DO NOT TEST HERE"
Posted by Bebo on 01-13-08 at 02:34 PM
There is no reason to post to test a picture - that's what the preview button is for.

"RE: DO NOT TEST HERE"
Posted by Agman2 on 05-04-15 at 05:42 PM
Thanks for handling that Bebo, I was getting upset!