The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Too much moderation?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-02, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Too much moderation?"
I want to discuss the question of how much control we moderators (formal and informal) should exercise on the FindTheMole board.

Last night, right after the show ended, winnieinatlanta posted a thread entitled "I FOUND THE CLUE!" Since it was duplicative of BILLFOMO information that we already had in other threads, I locked it and requested that people post in the appropriate threads.

winnieinatlanta then tried to repost the same thing twice even though I locked the first one -- the second time with the headline "SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW WHO THE MOLE IS." I deleted both of those, as they were duplicates of her original post, and posted a warning that if she kept posting the same thing, I would delete her account. In response to that, she sent me the following message:

"If you are going to host something, DONT TRY to control people and where they post it! Grow up!"

She finished that message off with "DELETE MY ACCOUNT." But I didn't. And I want to discuss her comments with you.

Frankly, I think most people like to read a relatively orderly board, with all of the evidence pointing to the different contestants grouped together as much as possible. The alternative is a huge number of duplicated threads. But perhaps we've been too strict about it.

Anyway, I've started this thread -- NOT for discussion of winnieinatlanta's BILLFOMO clues (which are thoroughly discussed in other threads) -- EXCLUSIVELY for discussion of her comment that we are too controlling about posts.

I do NOT want to hear from people who support what we've been doing. I know who you are and I know how you feel, because I feel the same way. Instead, I'd like to hear just from people who DO NOT SUPPORT what we've been doing ... if there are others of you out there.

Why do you feel that posters would be better served by more "poster freedom" and less moderator control?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Too much moderation? cyclehausen 07-31-02 1
 RE: Too much moderation? lizard 07-31-02 2
   RE: Too much moderation? Red Lady 07-31-02 5
 RE: Too much moderation? Dusty Bottoms 07-31-02 3
 RE: Too much moderation? EthnicGoddess 07-31-02 4
 offical/unofficial mods weltek 07-31-02 6
 RE: Too much moderation? lroy 07-31-02 7
 RE: Too much moderation? evanakm 07-31-02 8
 Wonderful moderation! TheBrilliantHen 07-31-02 9
 RE: Too much moderation? plimtuna 07-31-02 10
 We need to change this board. Femme 07-31-02 11
   RE: We need to change this board. L82LIFE 07-31-02 13
   RE: We need to change this board. EthnicGoddess 07-31-02 22
   Bravo Femme !!!... Teddy_Bear 08-01-02 33
       RE: Bravo Teddy... Jims02 08-05-02 55
           RE: Bravo Jims0... Teddy_Bear 08-05-02 56
 RE: Too much moderation? xxinvincible 07-31-02 12
 RE: Too much moderation? wildchickenhunter 07-31-02 14
   RE: Too much moderation? malibubarbie 07-31-02 15
 Thanks for the comments so far AyaK 07-31-02 16
   RE: Thanks for the comments so far malibubarbie 07-31-02 17
 RE: Too much moderation? cyclehausen 07-31-02 18
 Multiple forums Bebo 07-31-02 19
   RE: Multiple forums lroy 07-31-02 20
   RE: Multiple forums SurvivorBlows 08-01-02 32
 RE: Too much moderation? Seniorita 07-31-02 21
 RE: Too much moderation? katem 07-31-02 23
   RE: Too much moderation? kyngsladye 07-31-02 28
 RE: Too much moderation? GARealityFan 07-31-02 24
 RE: Too much moderation? Molzingvivor 07-31-02 25
 RE: Too much moderation? Asrai 07-31-02 26
 RE: Too much moderation? curious 07-31-02 27
 RE: Too much moderation? Jims02 07-31-02 29
 RE: Too much moderation? CVLspaz 07-31-02 30
 Adding more forums SurvivorBlows 08-01-02 31
   RE: Adding more forums a77u12a 08-01-02 35
   Webby, I Completly Agree Teddy_Bear 08-01-02 36
   RE: Adding more forums Bebo 08-01-02 37
   RE: Adding more forums skyehawk 08-05-02 54
 RE: Too much moderation? Survivorerist 08-01-02 34
 My Two Cents dabo 08-01-02 38
 RE: Too much moderation? Punkin 08-01-02 39
 RE: Too Much Moderation? HP103 08-01-02 40
   I remember your post.... cyclehausen 08-01-02 41
   RE: Too Much Moderation? Bebo 08-01-02 42
       FAQ cyclehausen 08-01-02 43
           RE: FAQ Bebo 08-01-02 44
               RE: FAQ sherlock 08-01-02 45
           RE: FAQ kyngsladye 08-01-02 46
               suggestions/comments LadyLuna 08-05-02 57
       RE: FAQ Thread Teddy_Bear 08-01-02 48
           RE: FAQ Thread cyclehausen 08-01-02 49
           RE: FAQ Thread a77u12a 08-01-02 53
   To HP103 AyaK 08-01-02 47
       RE: To HP103 malibubarbie 08-01-02 50
       In Defense of AyaK----NOT that HE A... Teddy_Bear 08-01-02 51
           RE: In Defense of AyaK----NOT that ... malibubarbie 08-01-02 52
       AyaK, as a newbie here........... GeorgiaBelle 08-06-02 59
 Ooops, posted in the wrong spot... LadyLuna 08-05-02 58
   Treat newbies like newbies...not tr... Asrai 08-06-02 60
       RE: Treat newbies like newbies...no... Teddy_Bear 08-06-02 61
           RE: Treat newbies like newbies...no... kyngsladye 08-06-02 63
 RE: Too much moderation? pwbk 08-06-02 62
   Treat Everyone as Equals Teddy_Bear 08-06-02 64
       RE: Treat Everyone as Equals Asrai 08-06-02 66
   RE: Too much moderation? Asrai 08-06-02 65
 Enjoyable thread AyaK 08-06-02 67
   *Applause* *Applause* to AyaK--Mode... Teddy_Bear 08-06-02 68
   Lost me a while ago. LadyT 08-11-02 71
 RE: Too much moderation? lady_arcadia 08-06-02 69
   It's Discovery what REALLY Counts--... Teddy_Bear 08-06-02 70

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-02, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Too much moderation?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

She was a whiner who was unwilling to xconform to the simple rules governing this board - namely the laws of courtesy. She wanted her very own thread all to herself, and acted like a brat when she couldn't have it.

I for one (as I'm sure you all know) love having moderators who actively block duplicate and irrelevant threads. That's one of the big reasons I stick to posting on this board alone. Keep up the good work, and heed not the screeching of the trolls!

(edited to snicker at the fact that the thread for discussing thread restrictions is strictly restricted to the thread restriction topic)

(edited to note that I can't follow directions because I don't read the whole post before replying)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lizard 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-31-02, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizard Click to send private message to lizard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Too much moderation?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

Sorry if you don't want to hear from people who support you! Tough it out!

Listen, the only way I found my way around these boards is because they were relatively controlled. A few focussed threads are much more enjoyable then having to hunt through pages of posts saying the same thing as though it were new.
What I can't understand is why people don't read before they post.
Courtesy goes a long way. Good humored ribbing is great, but abuse is out. If we can't abide by a few simple rules/guidelines (at least most of the time) we shouldn't be posting.

Keep up the good work AyaK et al!

So speaks the Mole.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-31-02, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Too much moderation?"
"What I can't understand is why people don't read before they post."
"Keep up the good work AyaK et al!"

Can we say, AMEN!!

Let us not allow the minority to dictate for the majority.
Red Lady

Dusty Bottoms 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-31-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dusty%20Bottoms Click to send private message to Dusty%20Bottoms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Too much moderation?"

Moderate, shmoderate! Leave us alone!

Just kidding.

Dusty

EthnicGoddess 38 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EthnicGoddess Click to send private message to EthnicGoddess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I too, like the organization on the board, but I also think that some people here are a little too hard on newbies. I guess it might not make them feel welcome here if they get yelled at for making one mistake. Although, I can see why people who post regularly would get sick of seeing the same stuff all over again.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "offical/unofficial mods"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

First, I think the bluemen do a great job. As a spoiler, I stayed here instead of SurvivorSucks a long time ago because there was less nonsense here. You guys locked threads that were obviously nonsense or extrememly repetitive.

I think a spoiler forum is the only place that need be strictly moderated. It keeps the spoiling at a higher quality level. I felt that the Mole board was kind of a scary place to be this year. A few of the die hards took it upon themselves to be the police, and while sometimes creating a service, it came off as crabby and unwelcoming. I think next season if we have a seperate spoiler and fanatic board it would help solve a little of this. I see the fanatics/bashers boards as a place to ramble.

There are a bunch of boards on the net to discuss shows. I think SB needs to continue to strive to be of higher integrity than some others, but it needs to still be welcoming for new posters. I think all of us oldtimers need to keep that in mind from time to time.

So, basically, I say moderate spoilers heavily, but with a gentle hand. Let the fanatics/bashers be a little more relaxed. And a note to posters: let the mods to the yelling if necessary. It's our job to help them police the boards via giving kind advice to posters and alerting the bluemen when there is an issue. If someone posts something stupid once, ignore it, don't purposely create an argument. I know I need to remember to follow this advice. Just because Shakes isn't around much, we don't need to recreate his role.

Edited to add: I agree that the "uber-threads" are way to long. Femme said it all when she stated she didn't blame the newbies for not wanting to read them. Breaking that up would help deal with some of the repetitive threads. Maybe a "resource" thread for each player would've been better and restrict it to no discussions..or maybe a clue list under the "information section". The way it's done now just didn't work so hot.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-31-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Too much moderation?"
Sorry, but like the rest of these posts here, i think the moderators are doing a fantastic job. This is the ONLY board I post to, and the reason for that is because of the organization. Bebo has been excellent on the Mole Board at keeping things organized and helpful. If newbies get their noses tweaked on a first post maybe they should take a look at Bebo's thread "Newbies Read Here First."

If these new posters want chaos, go to the ABC Boards and leave our boards alone...

But, oh my heck, i'm a girl...

P.S. I think we should hijack this thread and turn it into a praise the blue men thread.

ALL HAIL THE BLUE PEOPLE & ALL THEY DO FOR US!!!

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-31-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Too much moderation?"
Don't worry about a thing. There is the perfect amount of moderation here. And you could do a lot more before it is considered too much. Remember, we're all computer geeks around here, if we weren't then we wouldn't be here. we all have the brains to work the message boards the way the moderators want them to work.

TheBrilliantHen 28 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheBrilliantHen Click to send private message to TheBrilliantHen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Wonderful moderation!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

I love the look here first thread (praise Bebo), and I love how well organized everything is on this board. Praise those who keep it that way.

If someone is smart enough to be a spoiler, they are smart enough to post in the right place most of the time...and be a good sport if they make a mistake now and then. (Must...keep...control...not...make...personal...comments!) If someone wants to go to an uncontrolled board, there are plenty out there.

Just this week, I saw a newbie post something that was already in a thread somewhere, then bring their thread back by bringing up a new topic!!! Suuuuuper genius. And while I've seen some premature barking at newbies, the mods have been quick to...moderate it!

It's awesome that you're asking for input, too. It's hard to tell if you yourself are too controlling when you're in control (ask someone who takes 30 prima donna artists to the desert every year...no, not Jerri Manthey, ME!), but IMO the only proper response on our end is to turn this into a thread of praise for those who work so hard to keep this the well organized space that it is!!!!

bokbok,
Hen

Edited to add a PS: OK, praising the mods is not the "only" proper response, but you know, that's what I had to offer. I also support the real input which was requested, like the idea of splitting the boards up. This board has a great level of activity, and it's easy to read too. Splitting it up would probably encourage more activity and maybe make life easier on the mods if they only have to seriously monitor the spoiling one (or am I out to lunch)? I also like the ideas for making smaller spoiling threads.

plimtuna 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-31-02, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail plimtuna Click to send private message to plimtuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Too much moderation?"
As a lurker and occasional poster, I absolutely appreciate the work you do. A well organized board is a pleasure to participate in.

Keep up the good work.

PlimTuna
"Now that reality has been redefined, can I start living my dreams?"

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-31-02, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "We need to change this board."
I love it here, but about mid-season, we got a tremendous amount of duplicate threads, oblivious newbies, grouchy (and I am one of them) psuedo-police and monster threads.

Here's what I think would work better than stressing ourselves out and making others feel unwelcome. (If there is a Mole 3, of course...)

1. Split this forum up! - There's way more traffic here than at BB and there's a lot more to discuss and analyze. The board needs to stay organized and should also allow for poeple to come visit without stumbling on 'spoilers' if they don't want to. (Case in point, the poster "Billisthemole" posted a picture, then said (at the top of it) "Don't look if you don't want to know who the mole is. First, his/her name game gave it away, and second, once you scrolled down, there was nothing to stop you from seeing it.) We should have a Fanatics/Bashers board and a Clues -Spoiler Board, I think. I enjoy the clues, but I love to talk trash, too. Can't do it on this site without someone hijacking your thread with "Oh, funny, by the way, this is why I think BLANK is the mole..."

2. Don't discourage "multiple threads" to the point that we have one giant monster clue thread where everything gets lost. Maybe a weekly thread for editing clues, one for clues from the media, one for analyzing the "Mole Insider", another for the Execution chat of the week, maybe and area for vidcaps (assuming people are interested) where next weeks previews can be talked about, an area for "best guesses" and other inferences and, when necessary, specific player threads to discuss overwhelming evidence.

3. We should quit flipping out when someone posts a new thread about a relevant clue and encourage more "not clue" threads as well. A clue is understood better when it stands alone, in my opinion. (Case in point - Elavia's execution was figured out by having a thread dedicated to it specifically, not buried in some other monster thread. I think Bebo nailed it, didn't she?) And some good stuff can come out of the "not clue" threads too. (Examples: Malibubarbie and I were in a thread and we posted ways to tell if someone is lying. Thought it was kinda cool. Would have LOVED to have more conversation about that, but it wasn't a "clue" thread. Also, Silent Dave posted last night something that he shouldn't have, but, he caught himself and turned it into a reallyfun thread where you can talk about your reputation for guessing reality show results. It, too, has turned into a "Why I think so-and-so is the mole" thread. *sigh*) Great topics for the basher/fanatics area.

4. Since these monster clue threads have started popping up about mid season, it's been a chore to trudge through them. I absolutely DO NOT blame newbies for not wanting to read the whole damn thing, since about 3 hours after the mole was over on the East Coast, there were already about 50 messages in that post. (Although, I do also hate "BRIB IS HET MOOOOLE. TEH TAP DONT LYE.") What a mess. If you don't hop on the second the mole is over, you'll never catch up with the reading. Not cool. We need more threads about specific clues, and less MASSIVE threads that just don't do this show justice. Newbies might find it easier to navigate if we worked this way. In loosing the reins some, we might be able to get the results we're currently trying to get without all the blood, sweat and trool-alerts.

5. Bashers/Fanatics would be able to absorb all the "Did anyone tape last night's episode". "So-and-So is so hot!", "Join my online Mole game", and "What's So-and-so's last name again?" posts. It would also be a place to have some great rants, some fun games, and some really funny, funny humor.

Ayak, I know several people that don't even post here, simply because it's too tight of a ship. It's not fun to trudge through a massive thread with maybe 1% good clues. We've taken it to the extreme.

Femme - loves her some Webby, sleeeve, Ice Cat, and especially AyaK, who really is our Mole representative. But, you don't want to hear all that...

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: We need to change this board."
I will have to ditto Femme's thoughts on this. This is a great board and the Mods do a wonderful job, but I agree that it needs to be split up. I don't post here often, because I'm not much of a spoiler, and every thread does seem to turn into a spoiling thread. I would also like to see more basher/fanatic threads, song parodies, etc.

I think a lot of posters post repetitive information, because they want so badly to contribute, but everything has been said already. If there were another board that was more about playing, and less about spoiling, I think it would attract people that aren't really spoilers, but still want to post and play. That would also cut down on some of the repetitive posts and topics.

Whatever you decide to do, SB is still and always will be the greatest message community on the web!

EthnicGoddess 38 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EthnicGoddess Click to send private message to EthnicGoddess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: We need to change this board."
Yeah, I agree about good clues getting lost in the shuffle. Many threads have so many messages to read that it gets sorta tiring, and we may be losing some "monster clues", like you said.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-01-02, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Bravo Femme !!!!!! ---Thank You for making so much SENSE.>"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 02:24 AM (EST)

WTG Femme!!!!

I just want to emphatically support everything that Femme has just posted!!!!

I was contemplating starting a very similar thread, myself, because I have refrained from posting--as much as I would have liked, because I strongly believe that this board is waaay too over-crowded, in its present form..

No doubt , there has to be clue board, which must be tightly regulated and organized, and would be ideal in the exact form, which Femme is suggesting.

I wholeheartedly support her idea fo another board--2 if possible--for MOLE Bashers, and MOLE Fanatics.

Which just like Survivor could afford to be a lot more relaxed.

Femme is aso correct about the traffic here; as compared with the BB3 Forum, for example. I know, because I read both. Compare to the MOLE Board, it's practically dead there--despite having 3 forums, that it looks like hardly anyone is posting--at least when compared with this one, anyways. Certainly, there are far more posts in the MOLE Forum, than in all 3 BB3 forums--combined!!

On the MOLE board, there are so many threads and posts, it is like like Dorothy would put it, search for a very large needle in a fascinating, but endless haystack.

I don't think this board is over-moderated. In its current form, there really isn't an alternative.

In other words, this board is a lot like Spoilers, in Survivor, tight, and strict--albeit more of a minefield, but we also need at least 1--hopefully 2 which are not.

I feel intimidated from posting, because the very stict nature of a clue board, makes this a necessary evil--if you will.

I probably would hardly ever post on Survivor, if it wern't for the other alternatives of Bashers & Fantatics,
to offset this.

In closing, Mods thank you, thank you so much for seriously consider implementing Femme's excellent proposals.

Btw, despite all of the unnecessary confusion, I still think that you're doing a brilliant job, AyaK!!!!!

Congratulations to Bebo for also doing a wonderful job; it can't be easy being a dedicated MOLERON. Btw, I just loooove, really, really loooove you new sigline--you evil woman, you.```````````````````````````````

*Note: edited because in my uncontained excitement over there being more than one MOLE Forum, I neglected to read Webby's Fantastic Post. Sorry about that, but thanks so much Webby, I can't wait for next summer!!!!

P.S. No offense was intended towards the BB3 forums, or their readers.

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.

|=Unrepentant Hardcore Smiley Thief
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-02, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Bravo Teddy!!!!>"
Not really related to the thread, but I wanted to say it!!!

I love the colors and the bolds you use Teddy! Great post, but the colors made it look like a piece of art or something.
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy
11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

12. "I'll tell ya... I don't understand a thing, but I enjoy riding!!! " -Bill

08-05-02, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Bravo Jims02 !!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 01:39 AM (EST)

Thank you so much Jims02; aren't you a sweetie. *Jims02*

I wonder if you've heard about the exciting mole game, we've got going in OT--Off-Topic Forum, right now?.

I hope you'll join us, and become an Sblows regualar--*I* hope that all of you do. MalibuBarbie are you listening?

Sorry to stray from this most important thread. AyaK is the best, and he is doing a terrific job.

With all of the new suggestions, and helpful peole like Bebo, MalibuBarbie, & Cyclehausen helping out; this forum should really rock come next summer.

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.

Light a Virtual Candle

xxinvincible 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xxinvincible Click to send private message to xxinvincible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I, like everyone else, think your doing a great job. Although I am a newbie, I have been reading the boards all season. I agree that there needs to be a sperate board for spoilers because I want to come here next season, but have decided that I no longer want to be spoiled (also including Survivor, BB, etc.) because it takes the fun out of things.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-31-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I too am going to break the rule and say....I think you are doing a fine job. The mole clues and Bill/Dorothy et al was getting very hard to read. Too many duplicate threads etc.It needed some controll. As a matter of fact, I am sure I would have not been able to read it all and would have wasted a lot of time rereading the same repeated stuff.

Having said that.....I can't wait to do a little Survivor Bashing.....bring on S5 and let us all start bashing the latest set of media whore morons......

Thanks Ayak

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-31-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Too much moderation?"
Nope, Ayak, you an all the other moderators and "unofficial moderators" have done an excellent job of keeping the boards tidy since episode 1. (Probably gets exhausting.) Anyhow, if there's a Mole 3, I hope you don't change how you guys run this. Though, I do agree with Femme on her points, and think that would further the "Mole Experience." Whatever you guys can do though is fine with me. Find The Mole- Taking thw world one troll at a time.

07-31-02, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Thanks for the comments so far"
Lots of good stuff to think about in this thread. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to write.

I agree with Femme about the need to split the board to accomodate the spoilers and the bashers/fanatics separately. However -- if anyone has any song parodies, etc., to contribute, PLEASE DO SO!

I also agree that the clue threads quickly become unwieldy once they stretch over 40-50 posts. Perhaps a separate thread for each clue is the better idea; I'm not sure.

I like all of the suggestions for improvements, and we'll try to incorporate some of them in our plan for Mole 3 (I like to be optimistic ...)

Meanwhile, please keep the comments coming.

One aside: something that I know we need (and that I don't have time to do) is a summary of all the clues for each of the remaining contestants, drawn from the threads but NOT intended as a discussion thread -- or do we already have something like that and I've missed it?

07-31-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thanks for the comments so far"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 10:33 PM (EST)

I'll try to do one. I've got a boring day ahead of me. It'll keep me occupied.

07-31-02, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I have to agree at the humongous single-episode threads are cumbersome (I guess it's my fault for starting the trend... and don't think I don't know who you're calling a newby-basher, either )

Multiple forums is a really good idea in theory, but I think it would ruin the tone that I love here so. If you don't like spoilers, I don't know what to tell ya (although, as this season proves, no matter how many spoilers there are, people believe what they believe.)

I think that splitting the episode clue threads up isn't a bad idea, either. The trouble with that is everyone who posts a clue tends to think it is earth-shattering; it's difficult to go from one extreme without going to the other.

Oh, well, what to do? Here's my suggestion for next season:

- Have a per-epidose, per-player threasd policy for clues. Every episode, every player who is left gets a thread for that episode. Include links to that player's previous threads in the main post.

- Have an additional "general comments" thread for each episode.

- Have an additional "general comments" thread for each player.

- Have an additional "so hot" thread, where appropriate.

- Keep the bashing liberally sprinkled throughout!

Perhaps we could assign a regular to each player to help with the centralization of data.

- Most importantly: DO NOT LET TROLLS TURN THIS BOARD INTO A FREE-FOR-ALL DO-WHATEVER-THE-F***-YOU-WANT-FORUM. Send their asses to abc.com

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Multiple forums"
Gonna echo Femme's request that we have more than one forum should there be a Mole 3. I think two would be plenty - one for spoilers, one for fun stuff.

You wanna know why I started posting my weekly threads? Because I was ready to quit posting on this forum altogether because I couldn't find anything! While I think the monster threads do go too far to an extreme, I also think it's a huge turn-off to have 50 million different threads about the same thing with only one or two responses that are crowding the other threads so far back that no one will find them.

I get turned off more by attitude anyway. When a newbie suddenly starts a new thread about something from 5 episodes ago with a tone like "You losers are missing the obvious" and then rehashes something that has been discussed, that annoys me. I know that's away from the original subject of this, but there's a difference between tolerating/accomodating trolls and trying to find a balance for regular posters.

I think if we had two forums, we'd have more fun posts too, because they wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. And I think the excellent official and unofficial summaries would get read by more people because they wouldn't float so quickly to page 4.

I also think you blue men are absolutely terrific and should run the board however you damn well please. You don't force any of us to be here, and we don't have to stay if we don't like it. If we felt strongly enough that things should be done differently, well, then, we could start our own forums and put in the time and energy that you do. Given the number of people on this forum with rapidly increasing DAW's, I think you can tell that most of us are content with your decisions.

Big Blowser 3 profile
Bebo: Age 23. Female Human. Lingerie Model & Bartender. Rude, mean, snotty, etc. Major breast augmentation, wears thong bikinis every day. BB3’s eye candy.
"You're an evil, evil woman Ms. Bebo. I'm sure you're used to those kind of compliments" - katem

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-31-02, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Multiple forums"
I'm with you Bebo & Femme, I think the board should be split into two. That way those of us who want to go to the Clues/Theory/Spoiler Board can & those who want to Bash/I Heart Heather can do their thing to.

Bebo, you have done a great job in keeping this place organized, and i for one am eternally grateful!!! I vote to make Bebo a BlueLady next season!

All Hail the Blue People & all they do for us!!!

But, oh my heck, i'm a girl...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Multiple forums"
I just want to again thank Bebo for all her awesome organizing work -- I don't think I've ever gotten so many "dupe thread" alerts from one person, but they've all been worth it

-SB

Seniorita 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-31-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seniorita Click to send private message to Seniorita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I am a very long time lurker, and have just started posting a bit more, so from a lurker standpoint let me say...
that I love coming to a well organized board that I do not have to dig through garbage. The majority of posts are started by fans with real interest and that makes it nicer when reading.
The only thing that is a pain is when a post gets so long, or a clue is so big but it is hidden in a large post.
I think that if someone wants to restart a new clue thread they should have to re-cap the previous thread in their opening "intro" if they don't want the work of starting a new thread like that... well too bad.
All in all, good job. and by the way I enjoy the thread that maps out the popular threads....

in regards to last nights postings, maybe during the last 2-3 episodes we can allow a few more clue threads to be up when it gets so intense...

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-31-02, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Too much moderation?"
AK,

Just a few thoughts, most already voiced here, but want my two cents added.

First of all I think the four Blue Men are incredibly tolerant of a lot of the junk spilled by ALL of us here, with a special mention to you who seem to be the most adept at handling the newbies, you're always polite and calm when you lock down a bad thread.

The boards most definitely need to have the order that they have now, it is the only way things work well, don't change that or soften up your stance on that.

I guess my problem is the way some of the veterans lose their cool in handling the newbies, and berate them into submission with every mistake. Not all veterans are like this, take Ms. Bebo for instance, on this board, she has ruled with an iron fist, but has kept things civilized. The main violators I speak off are at the Survivors Spoilers board.

I do understand their frustration in seeing stupid threads, but there are ways of pointing to a mistake, without flaming or blatant mistreatment, I think you Blue Men should have rules about that as well.

Anyway, changes needed? I don't think that many. Maybe while a newbie is opening an account you could make them read all these house rules first, and make them agree to them, that way there will be no crying allowed later.

You could also post a permanent link at the top of the page to the house rules, don't know if that would take to much space or not.

Well that's all I have to say about this right now. Thanks for starting this thread, this kinds of discussions help out a lot. Webby, IceCat, Sleeeve and you are doing a phenomenal job, thanks.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-31-02, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Too much moderation?"
Maybe if there was a warning in the Welcome to FindTheMole.com

Prepare to be bit**slapped by veterans for duplicate thread posts. Proceed at your own risk!

Read all the posts!!!! Read all the posts!!!!! Read all the posts!!!!

"So, in short, wise up or f*ck off"

Then, this way no one can claim they weren't warned.

Ms. Bebo you have done an awesome job of trying to keep us Newbies informed and in line. Love ya!!! Love ya!!! Love ya!!!! *kissing Bebo's feet*

GARealityFan 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-31-02, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GARealityFan Click to send private message to GARealityFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I am a firm believer in freedom of speech, but I think that the board has to be organized. Without organization, you will have trolls flooding the board with frivolous posts. You will have people signing onto the board and not taking the time to read the FAQ or see what topics are already there. They will create new thread, even if it is a dupliate. This makes the board hard to read. I think you have done a wonderful job moderating this board. Don't let one person discourage you. You are appreciated here!
-- GAR

Molzingvivor 48 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molzingvivor Click to send private message to Molzingvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I am sure that you are probably sick of hearing this but keep up the controlling of the boards - it is the only thing that makes it tolerable to post and read here. I've abandoned many other boards on many other things because they are so disorganized and uncontrolled that I find it more frustrating then enjoyable.

I agree with some of the suggestions above including splitting the boards into discussion of the game and discussions that are more about bashing the players and that sort of thing. I really like the idea of different posters being "in charge" of the posts for one player in the game. I would be up for that WHEN there is a Mole 3 (come on people, think positive).

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing and a big thank you for all of your work.

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Too much moderation?"
Let me start by saying that the blue men, along with Bebo and a few others, are doing a great job directing all this traffic lately. Right after reading Ayak's post, I knew what my 'solution' would be. But I read every other post first, realizing that a few others had the same ideas.

I totally agree with Femme (great minds think alike when they come from the same womb!) about how things might run a bit more smoothly. While I believe that everyone is 'entitled' to thier own opinion, I like a bit more organization better! The mole forum is way overloaded and would benefit from some rerouting. Spoilers/clues, bashing, fanatics, etc. are a great way of diverting posters (old and new alike) where they would best benefit from.

I, for one, am intimidated by the madness that has overtaken the mole site. Since this is my first 'season' here, I like to read the posts instead of trying to keep up with the relentless reposting of the same old thing. This is very hard to do with the way things have gotten out of hand. I started off in OT, where I could test the waters. I love it there, have made great friends, and am definately feeling more couragous about starting to post elsewhere.

By elsewhere, I mean other forums here at SB. I've been in 'other' waters, and they're filled with sharks! I'd rather help a troll find thier way around here than be bait for some other boards! I enjoy SB, the mods, my fellow posters, and being able to learn more about the shows I love!

Thanks for letting us sound off, Ayak! Yet another reason why I love it here! Here's to the older posters learning something from the newbies, the newbies learning something from the older posters, and the mods for keeping it real!

curious 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-31-02, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curious Click to send private message to curious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I also echo Asrai in thanking the mods & the not-so-mods (Bebo, Femme & a few others) in keeping things organized & redirecting the newer posters to the appropriate threads.

As for winnieinatlanta, I read all of her posts. No one was rude to her & I think locking her thread was the appropriate thing to do. She not only brought up recent clues but old issues that had been discussed to death. She was even directed to the right threads to bring up her ideas again but decided her ideas were important enough to deserve their own threads.

Without the control that you have over these boards, they would be extremely hard to read & find the info that you want. To bring up the perfect example to this point is something that everyone here makes fun of all the time now: Bribs is the mole because of the tape on his bag & the can of mole killer. Soooo many treads were started by new posters on this subject over several episodes. It drove me insane to keep reading these & I'm sure if the threads were not locked as promptly as they were, it would have been worse.

Keep up the great work, I love SurvivorBlows

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I love the way FindTheMole is moderated!!! The time when things start to go wrong is when people don't understand the rules completely and cop an attitude about it. That is being ignorant.

I've actually felt a little pride (funny, huh?) that I post on FindTheMole, rather than ABC.com, because I thinl we do get a lot of spoiling and clue-seeking done without cluttering the board.

As for separating the forums, that may be a good idea. However, we should make sure we don't divide it into TOO many sections. Part of the fun is seeing EVERYONE online, and hearing everyone's views on one board. Kind of a community really.

For newbies: This is my first year of posting as well!!! The easiest way to "fit in" is to read the boards, read the boards some more, and then read them again. Then, start posting. It really takes a little time to get used to the flow (and mood) of the board. After a little while (there are a few exceptions), start a major thread.

And always...

Thanks for reading

(Smilies make me happy) ???
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy

11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

CVLspaz 109 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CVLspaz Click to send private message to CVLspaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Too much moderation?"
i am guilty of the newbie bashing. i'm sorry

i am kind of, well no, VERY worried about some things i've read on this thread. i for one love the clues, but HATE spoilers (as dmonstrated by a recent post of mine). most suggestions have said that there should be a bashers/fanatics forum and a spoiler/clues forum. i do not want the spoilers and clues on the same forum. no matter how many clues you get there will always be some to contradict them and the surprise is kept. spoilers (such as that of IKnowTheMole) kill it. i love the surprise and the clues. i personally would kill all threads that held spoiler info, but i'm not the mod, so...

i love this forum (except the spoilers) and i have no suggestions that haven't already been made. i just wanted to express my concern. maybe it's unwarranted and somebody will tell me

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Adding more forums"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 00:47 AM (EST)

I just want to respond to one issue, naming the idea of breaking up the board into more than one forum.

Originally this place only had one forum because, well frankly one forum seemed to be more than enough (plus there are some message board templating issues that make multiple forums more of an admininstrative complication and a presentation issue, but those were only minor factors.)

For some perspective, as of August 27, 2001 -- after the ENTIRE RUN of the original Mole series had run (keep in mind this board has been running since before the first episode of Mole 1 aired) and only weeks before Mole 2 was starting -- this forum had only ever had a total of 861 postings posted to 195 topics.

As of the time that I'm writing this, this forum now has over 700 topics and 4931 postings contained with JUST THE MOST RECENT 300 topics of those 700+ topics.

Yes, that's right -- the first time around the show is putting in good ratings, riding high on the initial tidal wave of reality TV shows, and being ABC's highest ratest 18-49 demo show for the 2000-01 season yet the interst in lukewarm at best. Then this season, the show gets kicked in the teeth and slapped on Friday nights, pulled from the schedule and nearly exiled to never return before ABC finally just decides to burn off the series as some "new" summer programming -- and the boards are sizzling. You figure it out.

Obviously the FindTheMole.com forums have been FAR MORE ACTIVE during Mole 2 than they ever were during Mole 1 and in the process it's become pretty clear to me that should there be a Mole 3 it's time put on an additional of sorts and add a few more forums to the house. There's just way too much company coming over to visit to be able to keep entertaining without some more space. Oh my heck, sometimes I think we're beginning to border into "block party" territory.

Anyways, having already privately come to this comclusion a couple of weeks ago, I briefly considered adding the new forums immediately, however given that there was some little time left in the series and the fact that folks were now familar with the current system, I didn't feel it appropriate to so drastically change things.

The bottom line is that yes, if there is a Mole 3, there certainly will be additional forums, but adding them now -- and then trying to go through 700+ existing topics and figure out what new forum they should be moved into just didn't seem something that made sense to do at the current time.

-SB

PS I'd also be interested in hearing some thoughts what types of proposed forums we should add -- traditionally we're tended to have Fanatics/Bashers/Spoilers, but I'm wondering if there are other categories out there that folks might prefer instead.

a77u12a 130 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail a77u12a Click to send private message to a77u12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Adding more forums"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 01:33 AM (EST)

the mole should maybe have a clues section... the show is somewhat different from the other shows, they nothing to figure out really, just predictions that can be made about them... so maybe a fanatics/bashers, spoilers and clue thread?

Edited to add comments about the blue people:

you guys do a great job of keeping everyone in line and organized... i think that's one of the greatest draws to this board.

true, LOT of threads get unbearably long, but better than info all over the place. i guess if a happy medium could be found, a few indices, and one large index to end all (like the weekly bebo ones) that mght be better... just something.

one last comment: i know we all try to do our part to keep things neat and tidy, but no one should be mean about it.

later
a77u12a

08-01-02, 02:06 AM (EST)
36. "Webby, I Completly Agree"
I agree that it would be pointeless to alter the foum now, but wholehearted, and enthusiastically agree with your decisions to add more forums.

Which type?

Well . . . one clue and voting forum--that's for sure.

And 1 or 2 more forums for everything else.

One could be called, The MOLE Clues Forum, (the other(s)), another could be, The MOLE Fan/Bash Forum; still another could be named The MOLE News Forum.

Btw, I wholeheartedly agree with Survivoreist, Everyone: Bebo, AyaK, and you, are all doing a terrific job, and I'm glad that this board has maintained it's basic civillity--as compared with other boards--despite the overcrowedness of this forum.

P.S. I also blame ABC for everything!!!!

Light a Virtual Candle

08-01-02, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Adding more forums"
>PS I'd also be interested in hearing some thoughts what types
>of proposed forums we should add

I think that the Fanatics/Bashers section (or one of them, if you split them out separately) should be called Moleron Fun House in honor of Anderson's Fun House. That would be a cool place for PTTE, Anti-Eliminee, Bragging Rights, and the other games we've been playing this season, plus provide a spot for episode summaries, freedom for some venting, song parodies, and poetry, etc.

I agree with the idea of a Clues forum - unlike Survivor, the Mole is known at the beginning, and the show is specifically designed to provide clues to the Mole's identity. That way, we could avoid the monster threads but still have things in one fairly tidy spot. Maybe we could have regular posters volunteer to do a weekly clue summary thread, or as the game progresses, a summary thread for each player (kinda like the SOTS on Survivor Spoilers).

Big Blowser 3 profile
Bebo: Age 23. Female Human. Lingerie Model & Bartender. Rude, mean, snotty, etc. Major breast augmentation, wears thong bikinis every day. BB3’s eye candy.
"You're an evil, evil woman Ms. Bebo. I'm sure you're used to those kind of compliments" - katem

skyehawk 37 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-02, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyehawk Click to send private message to skyehawk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Adding more forums"

>PS I'd also be interested in hearing some thoughts what types
>of proposed forums we should add -- traditionally we're tended
>to have Fanatics/Bashers/Spoilers, but I'm wondering if there are other categories out there that folks might prefer instead.

Hi. Thank you for all of your work. This is a great board. I can't imagine how much time you must put in. Although most of the people that I've read have been great, a few people seem to have problems with "newbies". From your statistics, it seems as though there have been quite a few "newbies" to post in the last season. This is my first board. I'm sure there are others like me that read and want to ask questions but don't know all that has already been covered in the past or what the taboos are. :^) Is it possible to have a catagory for "Newbies" to ask stupid questions? Thanks for reading. Living for Tuesday, Old Lady 'Hawk

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-01-02, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Too much moderation?"
Well, you know I don't like breaking the rules, but since everyone else is doing it, I think I'll succumb to peer pressure just this once AyaK, you and the rest of the mods are doing a wonderful job with this site. Honestly, your involvement is the only thing keeping this board from falling into chaos at times and, trust me, your work is very much appreciated.

Regarding splitting up the forums for Mole 3, I whole-heartedly support that. It seems like it would be a good idea for those who didn't want the show spoiled or for those who want very badly for it to be spoiled. All in all, it'll help everyone get what they want

So keep up the excellent work!

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "My Two Cents"
Nothing is perfect. That is the truth, absolutely nothing is perfect.

Even though I mainly have only lurked over here, I made note of it that Bebo started exercising some control over the situation, and I fully applaud her actions in so doing. She brought some order to the chaos, and that she succeeded in so doing was as much to the wishes of the moleron regulars as it was in appreciation of her efforts.

Was the effort worth it: yes. Did anyone else challenge that effort to control things: Not that I noticed! So, I again find myself noting that nothing is perfect; what works for one person may not entirely satisfy someone else. Hey, that's life, get used to it.

The majority of this board seems to favor the organization of things as has been established here, well so be it then: Anyone who would try to change things had better have something substancial to argue in their own favor.

As for the semantics of "excessive moderation," -- sorry, I can't stop chuckling long enough to take that one seriously at all (though I do dislike it whenever anyone has to be publically embarrassed in any way, but that's just me). Someone alert George Carlin to add "excess moderation" to his skit about self-contradictory terminology, hm.

'Scuse me, gonna order me a plate of jumbo shrimp. Yum-Yum!!!

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-01-02, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Punkin Click to send private message to Punkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Too much moderation?"
Ayak, I'm glad this question was raised because it gives me another chance to thank Bebo! By the time I realized that there was such a huge influx of new posters and that duplicate threads from well-meaning new members were proliferating, Bebo had already stepped up to the situation and was organizing with a fair and patient hand, giving the new posters the information they needed to really be the assets they have become.

Thanks for the numbers SB. Whew, what a growth spurt! The moderators are doing a fine job, and without their efforts chaos would reign! Thank you, moderators! Thank you, Bebo!

HP103 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-01-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HP103 Click to send private message to HP103 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Too Much Moderation?"
As a newbie here, I made a concerted effort to get as much information as possible by reading all the "Newbie Threads" and all the general episode information BEFORE making my first post, hopefully to maintain the order the moderators around here strictly enforce. However, I was still lacking in knowledge because I had missed the first parts of the season. I attempted to make an "introductory" post, if you will, but it was almost immediately locked, with the moderator telling me to look AGAIN in the same place I had already looked.

Since then, I've refrained from posting, but I've been reading the posts. It seems as though the people on this forum are a close group, an "elite" of types, who don't take kindly to visitors and newbies. Although you are absolutely in your rights to do so, by doing so you are essentially blocking out most of the Mole-watching world from giving their input. This is the same reason why the Constitution protects freedom of speech- we don't know if the people we're shutting up might actually be right in what they're trying to say.

I'll continue to read this board, as well as others, for information about The Mole, but, AyaK, polite as you may be in telling me to f*** off, you've lost another person's contributions. I hope you're happy.

08-01-02, 12:52 PM (EST)
41. "I remember your post...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

...and the thread was not locked because we thought what you were saying was invalid or pointless, it was locked because you started a brand new thread to discuss old points.

As for Ayak telling you to F*** OFF this is totally not true. Ayak was nothing but polite and helpful. If case you've forgotten, HERE IS YOUR POST.

I am not a moderator, but I think I am qualified to reply to your concern.

Yes, asking you to go dig up month-old threads is ridiculos, but when you want to bring up, for example, a Heather clue from episode 5, post it in a CURRENT thread about Heather. There is virtually no relevant topic that could not be put into an existing thread.

If you wanted to start a "catch-up" thread that might be a good idea. However, understand a couple of things. First, your post came at the height of the Troll attack. At the time of your post, the first page was almost nothing but newby threads and we were on severe crack-down.

Second, your post consisted of the following:

-Asking what FOMO means
This could have been done after any post that uses the slang.

-Asking what the oracle was
Links to the Oracle were provided in Beebo's thread, the link to which Ayak provided you.

-Asking "what about the hidden clues"
Again, check the links

-Saying you thought Bill was the mole
There were and are several threads on this topic.

So, your thread was not locked out of meanness. It was locked because many people here would have happily responded to give you this information, but this would have kept bumping your thread on page 1. Instead,the Moderators, trying to lead you in the direction of our behavior guidelines, provided you with guidance to help yourself. In fact, Ayak did not lock the thread until magic_star had posted and answered ALL of your questions.

Locking a thread does not equal "F*ck off". It means that what you are discussing is being discussed elsewhere. You are not being shooed away, you are being invited in.

Cyclehausen supports the police state!!

08-01-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Too Much Moderation?"
It seems as though the people on this forum are a close group, an "elite" of types, who don't take kindly to visitors and newbies.

I'm sorry you feel this way. Actually, this board has loads of newbies on it. People like cycle and malibubarbie and jims and CVL and RedLady are newer folks who've joined in on the fun since Mole2 came back on the air. There are very few of us who were actually here for the first Mole - or, for that matter, the first 3 episodes of this one.

In defense of those of us who've been around awhile...it's been insulting to have new posters start a thread saying stuff like "You idiots have missed the biggest clue of all!" and then posting a clue that we had been discussing ad nauseum. We've been called stupid, idiots, losers, etc. by people who didn't even look halfway down the first page to see a thread title discussing exactly what they brought up. So some people have overreacted when newbies pop up, because of the pathetic behavior of many preceding newbies. I don't think it's elitist to not want to be called names by someone walking in the door for the first time. It's just like IRL...a few idiots peeing in the pool spoil it for everybody else.

Looking back at your first post, I've got an idea that the posters on this board could try to add if there's a Mole 3. We could have a FAQ thread that we try to keep updated with the answers to the quite reasonable questions like "What does FOMO mean?", instead of links to long threads that contain the answers. Maybe that would be more useful than the summary thread that I slapped together this season.

Big Blowser 3 profile

08-01-02, 01:06 PM (EST)
43. "FAQ"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

I have long thought a FAQ would be excellent. It seems like a lot of our problems would be helped if (like so many other boards can) we could just lock the link/FAQ threads at the top of the list.

P.S. I don't like that IF, Beebo. Think positive!!!

08-01-02, 01:09 PM (EST)
44. "RE: FAQ"
P.S. I don't like that IF, Beebo. Think positive!!!

OK...I am positive that I wish there would be a Mole 3. How's that?

Big Blowser 3 profile

sherlock 450 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sherlock Click to send private message to sherlock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: FAQ"
Good job, AyaK, and I think that winnieinatlanta was just whining.

08-01-02, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: FAQ"
Can FAQ be locked on the sidebar under Community or Infomation?

LadyLuna 114 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-02, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyLuna Click to send private message to LadyLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "suggestions/comments"
Well, I think the moderation is here is just right. I've stopped visiting all other Mole boards because I like the ambiance here.

My two cents:

1. Is there a way to make the "READ THIS FIRST" thread sticky?

Please remember that some newbies are not only new to this board, they are new to boards in general. Many of us do not realize we should go reading help forums (or even know where to find them) or that we should go reading old threads (or where to find those) or that we should be reading about rules somewhere (just found out my signature .gif was too big...).

I think many newbies get excited and just want to "jump in" and contribute. Also not all boards police duplicate threads, this is specific to this board so it should be a prominent rule that jumps out at you, not mentioned in a thread buried somewhere at the bottom of the page. People coming from other boards that don't have a problem with duplicate threads may not understand what the issue is.

I think a prominent, sticky READ THIS FIRST thread with instructions at the top would do wonders and you could refer people to it when you lock their thread.

2. I like the idea of breaking this forum up. If you do a bashing forum, please keep it separate because not everyone enjoys them--still making up my mind about that one

3. I like big threads that attempt to list all the clues but also like threads specific to one particular interesting clue, would it be too confusing to have both?

4. While we're at it, here's a comment about the BB board. I watch the SHOW only and I'm not interested in the live feeds. It is difficult to discuss the show because all discussions go straight into the live feeds. The live feeds to me are kind of a spoiler... I just want to discuss the tv show somewhere (without being told that I don't know what I'm talking about and should go watch the feeds or read about the feeds). I'm not sure it would be feasable to create live-feed vs. tv show areas or if there would be enough interest in a tv show only area (maybe I'd be the only one there) but since I have your attention, I just thought I'd mention it for future organization consideration

Overall though, great job--I love this site and have met many interesting people here!

Thank you.

08-01-02, 07:06 PM (EST)
48. "RE: FAQ Thread"
I just wanted to say that in addition to a clues, forum, a fan/bash forum, or and Bebo suggested, Moleron Fun House forum--which I think is great btw, I definatly support the idea of a FAQ forum.

I was sort of alluding to that in my post, when I brought up the suggestion--which originated from magic_star, of a news forum.

Among one of the reasons, I haven't posted more, is that it is awfully difficult to find clues, if you're not clear on all of the facts. I'm not exactly sure if this is the exact same thing as Bebo is suggesting, but it would make following the clues so much easier,

if we had, for example: a quiz thread--with every single quiz, a game thread--briefly detailing the descriptions of all of the games, an exemption thread, a coalition thread, and y'all get the idea.

I have had a lot of difficulty remembering the earlier games, and that has hurt me in attempting to solve this puzzle. I'd would have loved a thread to refer to, especially for a brief description of the various games, as well as quizzes;

so that when someone posts a new clue, I can research the available info. immediatly, and say I get it--rather than be partially confused, and only partially understand.

Light a Virtual Candle

08-01-02, 07:11 PM (EST)
49. "RE: FAQ Thread"
This would also help with the stuff we ALWAYS get like:

-what does FOMO mean
-what are the players' last names
-wasn't this on last year
-who got executed last
-i miss bribs/rob/ali he/she/they was/were/is so hot
-who has what journal

and blah blah blah.

I volunteer right now to maintain an FAQ for the INEVITABLE return of The Mole.

a77u12a 130 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail a77u12a Click to send private message to a77u12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: FAQ Thread"
how about a clues/observations thread and deciding to regard them as two distinct kind of clues...?

IMO they're kind of separate... clues being more like, objects, the hidden clues, which are certainly more tangible... observations being behavioral clues into the identity of the mole...

although.. that might be hard, judging from previous mole clues (so-and-so paid the PRICE) and clues from the british mole (i'm remembering something about sean connery and james bond - those of you that've seen that site know what i mean... right?)

then again... behavioral observations might be more like... what exactly did it mean when bribs and dorothy hit out of turn, and why did darwin eat the ice cream... or whatever... okay enough rambling from me.... i think i've confused myself...

go go moleron rangers
a77u12a

08-01-02, 06:26 PM (EST)
47. "To HP103"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 06:29 PM (EST)

I deliberately didn't lock your thread until after someone (which turned out to be magic_star) responded to the main questions: the meaning of FOMO and the Oracle/pabby/EPT theory. As far as the Bill clues, they were on the Bill threads, which were linked from Bebo's post.

>>>It seems as though the people on this forum are a close group, an "elite" of types, who don't take kindly to visitors and newbies.<<<

As Bebo points out, everyone here was a "newbie" once. Yes, there are people who are grouchier than others. I have such people in my real-life family too. I'll bet you do as well.

>>>Although you are absolutely in your rights to do so, by doing so you are essentially blocking out most of the Mole-watching world from giving their input. This is the same reason why the Constitution protects freedom of speech- we don't know if the people we're shutting up might actually be right in what they're trying to say.<<<

If you know of a dissenting opinion that we've suppressed, please let me know. On the other hand, blocking excessive duplication seems to me to be common sense. Yes, in the real world, you can stand on a soapbox and shout "Bill is the Mole!" or "Heather is the Mole!" or "Dorothy is the Mole!" 500 TIMES and you're within your rights to do so. But what have you added to the debate by doing so?

As Webby noted, freedom of speech on a Web site is limited. We've chosen to allow fans, bashers, clue-hunters and spoilers to all post here. All we try to avoid are personal attacks on other posters and duplication. Perhaps that equates to saying "f*** off." But I wouldn't interpret it that way, and I have no idea how to respond to someone who does.

To your last point: am I happy about losing you? It depends on your potential contributions to the site. I'd be very unhappy if my actions caused me to lose Bebo, cyclehausen, Femme, Teddy_Bear, magic_star, PagongRatEater, malibubarbie, lizard, CVLspaz, Asrai, Jims02, katem, Kokoro, Survivorerist, wildchickenhunter, Dusty Bottoms, JeffGator, RedLady, weltek, L82LIFE, lroy, TheBrilliantHen, a77u12a, sherlock, LadyLuna, nowhereman, sittem, canada_mole, BaquaR13, EthnicGoddess or any of the dozens of others of FindTheMole regulars. As a result, I'm taking their recommendations about improvements very seriously. And I love to add talented new people -- at least half of the people on my list above joined this board during this summer. Look at the great summaries from new writers like PagongRatEater, Teddy_Bear and Femme during the last two weeks! But all I've seen from you was a nice first post and then this, in which you interpret the fact that your thread got locked as the equivalent of me telling you to "f*** off."

Edited to add my apologies to all the people I didn't name above. My fingers got sore from all the typing I've done today on my laptop!

08-01-02, 07:15 PM (EST)
50. "RE: To HP103"
If Cycle volunteered to upkeep a FAQ forum, and Bebo keeps up her Newbie thread, I'd be happy to volunteer to do a "hidden clues" thread on all the players, and keep it well updated. If we need one. No suspicious behavior, but you know hidden clues and all that.

08-01-02, 07:33 PM (EST)
51. "In Defense of AyaK----NOT that HE Actually NEEDS One"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

HP103, I am really sorry that you got your feelings hurt, when your thread got locked, but why?

It was a nice first post, and maybe you were unclear about AyaK's instructions, but why didn't you make another post and ask?

I am however apalled that you would blatantly misquote AyaK, and falsely accuse him of telling you to f***k off, when what he really said was, Welcome to the board.

I responded to a thread a few days ago, which subsequently got locked. Was *I* offended? Of course not!

I did however, have some concerns about whether I had done anything inapropriate; so I did the logical thing--which IMHO, you should have done--I asked, and received the clarification, I had been seeking.

If you have lurked on these boards, for any length of time, you would discover that AyaK is one of the kindest, fairest, most reasonable people on this board--in addition to being a-hell-of-a terrific MOD.

I was extemely touched by what you said AyaK, and just to let you know; as long as you're here, I ain't going anywhere (not voluntarily, anyway).

Light a Virtual Candle

08-01-02, 07:52 PM (EST)
52. "RE: In Defense of AyaK----NOT that HE Actually NEEDS One"
I agree with Teddy, molerons stick together. I've learned you can't take anything too personally on these boards. You just kinda move on, and learn.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-06-02, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "AyaK, as a newbie here..........."
AyaK, as a newbie here I want to thank you and the others who have helped me out. Reading and following the rules was fairly easy and it help to make other posters accept me. If I made a mistake and was corrected then I took it as it was meant. A correction not a bash. I have made new friends here and I am very happy here. Every group needs a leader and this board is no exception. As a leader you are doing a great job. I guess all I really want to say is this is not a closed and unfriendly board I have found the people here to be open and kind.

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

LadyLuna 114 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-02, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyLuna Click to send private message to LadyLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "Ooops, posted in the wrong spot..."
Please see my suggestions/comments up above!

08-06-02, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "Treat newbies like newbies...not trolls"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 01:00 AM (EST)

I echo what some have said about FAQ and such. Maybe I've overlooked it, but is there a Forum for newbies? One health board I frequent has a "newbie" or first-timer forum.

That forum is to introduce yourself, and read up on the rules, regulations, zero-tolerancy, etc, before diving in. It's a wading pool, if you will, to test the waters before jumping off the high dive.

Most newbies, myself included, are eager to contribute. But they are afraid to post for fear of making waves. Yes, some newbies are trolls from the start, no matter how we try to accomodate them. I believe that most just have a hard time finding the help they need.

Have a forum that stays on top that is dedicated to the rules, zero-tolerancy, meet 'n greet, and FAQ's. Like LadyLuna said, some peeps really don't know where to begin when it comes to posting. Believe it or not, some of us aren't computer pros, or are just getting their first taste of the internet.

So, let's start a forum where we can help to make this place even better (if that's possible!) Not all newbies are trolls. Maybe this can clear some things up for the newbies and make it a much more enjoyable place for them.....and us!

Edited for spelling

08-06-02, 01:30 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Treat newbies like newbies...not trolls"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 01:38 AM (EST)

Here, here! Asrai. What a terrific idea--not for the MOLE Board specifically, but for SBlows in General.

I was thinking the same thing myself. A few months ago, I was lurking on different Ssites, and came accross one whith the title, Newbies' Playground.

I wish such a thing would have existed here, and--be as acessible to everyone as the HELP Forum.; when *I* first joined. It was very rough sailing at first, but somehow, I did survive.

It would be nice if other newbies could have had an easier time than I had, initially. Like a lot of them, Survivor Blows was my first board, and there was an entire myriad of things to learn and to process--don't even get me started with all of the techie stuff.

I'm just glad I've finally found my way and made a place for myself on this board; something in my early days, I wasn't sure would ever happen.

It would also make things a lot easier for the veterans--not that I'm anywhere near there yet--not to have to wade through all of the predictable confusion and chaos.

In short, everyone, newbies and oldbies--all over this board--not just the mole forum, would be happier, if a forum could be created, especially for them.

Asrai, I don't consider you a newbie, not with the dragonfly sig, and your amazing mole-sleuthing skills. Btw, True stumped everyone in the OT MOLE game. Good judgement on your part, as usual.

Light a Virtual Candle

08-06-02, 02:21 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Treat newbies like newbies...not trolls"
*claps* *claps* *stands and claps*

I agree that there needs to be a baby pool run by a den motherly type.
I am a newbie and one of my posts caused someone to get stressed, which was never my intent. Did I start a new thread??? No. Was I rude, nasty or condescending in my post??? No. I just was posting some thoughts.
I just want to have fun, meet other people that love the mole, and get along--even if I don't agree with everyone. I love this board and I don't want to leave. But, I do feel that if I'd had 1450 D.A.W.s next to my name, I probably wouldn't have gotten the same response.

pwbk 25 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pwbk Click to send private message to pwbk Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Too much moderation?"
First of all, as most have stated, I love the moderation on this thread, it's what keeps we coming here everyday. However, as poster with a relatively low DAW level, I know what it can be like to be new. Myself, I am mostly an onlooker, and I don't really know that much about spoilers. I have been visiting boards since Survivor 1 and I've been through Survivor Sucks and Survivor Blows and I have had little information to post myself. What I am afraid of is that many people are reading these boards and finally have information to post based on something they saw in the show. They want this to be known, not buried at the bottom of a clue thread where the diehards stop reading because they think they know everything already. So, they post their finding as a new thread, not necessarily to create chaos in and around the board, but so that they can get noticed. Although this probably isn't the case, it may be true of some people. What is more annoying is when people yell at you even when you are posting in the correct thread because that info has already been posted before. I love the job Bebo has done, but for newbies, or board is really intimidating. Even if you do go to the "Read this thread first" page, the information there is somewhat complex to decipher. I agree that the best way to fix the problem is to have a bashers/fanatics board and a spoilers board. What I think would be smart is if you had two spoiler boards. One, would have information posted by the diehards, and only they would be able to post there (maybe 15 or 20 people who are best at spotting the clues.) The other board, anyone would be able to post on, and if new theories came out of the board, posters could graduate to the diehard board. Anyone could read the diehard board, but this is where you would get the clear and consise information. And I'm sure the diehards would hang around the newbie board as well and would recognize who is doing a good job. I think pabby is a great example of a newbie who made a name for himself with the EPT, and he would be one of those people who could graduate to the diehard board. I realize this is just a pipe dream, but I'm happy the conversation arose. Finally, I would like thank the moderators for doing such a good job on this board and thank you for giving me the chance to vent.

--------------------------
"In life there are many paths in which you can choose. Which ever one you choose will be the wrong one so have fun and try not to make a total fool of yourself."

"Is it me? Is it you? Who knows? Guess Who! - Guess Who? Commercial

08-06-02, 03:19 AM (EST)
64. "Treat Everyone as Equals"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 03:27 AM (EST)

Pwbk, while I agree with you about splitting up the boards to include a spoiler's board and a fanatics/bashers board,

I vehemently disagee about having the exact same type of spoiler boards for different people.

A Clues forum, and a FAQ forum would be a great idea as some have suggested; so would a General Newbie forum--in addition to the fan/bash forum, of course..

What *I* would have a problem with, would be different boards, telling different people--where they can and cannot post.

One of the best things about this board--all of them, in fact--is a lack of elitism--which would be caused by an official hiearchy being created.

I would hate to see this ever happen on this or any of the boards here.

The issues you speak of are valid and would be helped greatly, by either/both a FAQ, and/or Newbie forum--not by planting the seeds of elitism.

I do realise that this would not be your intention, but that would inevitably occur irregardless.

Light a Virtual Candle

08-06-02, 03:59 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Treat Everyone as Equals"
Teddy, if I didn't take so long to look over my posts, then I would have posted at the same time you did! How funny, our minds are on the same wavelength! That's scary!

Seriously, I need to stop obsessivly going over and over what I want to say, and how to say it. I waste more time that way. Oh well, maybe this way I'm not sh*tting in anyones dinner bucket.

Sorry for the gross analogy. I never knew what that was 'til I moved to Hickstown, USA! Wouldn't you be awfully upset if somebody crapped in your lunchbox? Heehee!

08-06-02, 03:39 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Too much moderation?"
While I applaud you for standing up and stating your opinion, you have seemed to overlook one small detail. *Start of comparison* Let's say you play baseball for a year, and you're damned good. Your coach says, "Pwbk, you're a good player...too good for the peewees. We're moving you to the big leagues!"

Wow, what a great thing to happen to a rookie, right? Should you stay in the peewees cuz you're still new? Hell no, we want you over here in the big leagues! You obviously have a knack for baseball, regardless of how long you've been in the league. *OK, end of comparison*

My point is this, who cares how many DAWs you have, or when you signed up at SB. As long as you have an interest, an opinion, and can deal with constructive critism, then post where you want. The thing is that most of the 'trolls' that have been bombarding SB lately posted once, got pissed, and never came back. If they would only stay long enough to see that it's just part of the process, then we would have lots more 'spoilers.'

Granted, some of the veterans have been seemingly nasty to an extent, but we are not all that way. Another lame example: a toddler keeps touching the hot stove. Ouch! Mommy tells it, "No, no, you're gonna get an owie! Don't touch!" How many times does the toddler touch the hot stove before finally taking the advice from it's Mommy? Hopefully not many!!

Sorry for all the stupid examples, but it works for some people! I'm not implying you're dumb! Eventually, the newbies will figure out the flow and easily fit in! I did, and I love it! I also started in Off Topic where I could meet people, get my bearings, and learn something before jumping into the clues/spoilers.

Please don't think I'm being b*tchy, I don't intend my post that way. You have some fine points in your post, I just wanted to say that we shouldn't seperate the newbies from the veterans. Some newbies are far better than some vets at spoiling and clue-seeking!

08-06-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
67. "Enjoyable thread"
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's input in this thread. All of these ideas will be considered for Mole 3 -- as well as for the other boards of RealityTVWorld.com (SurvivorBlows.com, BigBrotherBites.com, TheAmazingRaceSucks.com, etc.).

I want to add that this board has been great fun. We've ended up with a special group of people here, and I hope that everyone remains friends after Mole 2 ends. Best wishes to you all.

Oh, and feel free to continue to post more comments here if you have them....

08-06-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
68. "*Applause* *Applause* to AyaK--Moderator Extraordinaire !!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

>I want to add that this board has been great fun. We've ended up with a special group of people here, and I hope that everyone remains friends after Mole 2 ends. Best wishes to you all.<

AyaK, I just want to say that having you as mod. on this board, made this--despite/because of my comments/suggestions--An incredibly enjoyable experience for me.

Boo! to those, who had the unmititgated gall, to diss you--either publicly or privately.

*I* want you to know, that you're one of the main reasons I'm here; I don't know where I'd be, without all of your support and encouragement. *AyaK*

|=AyaK's #1 FAN!!!!
Light a Virtual Candle

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-02, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "Lost me a while ago."
I have to say a couple things. I stopped posting on this board and frankly, this is the first I have seen of this thresd. It was confusing and not fun to me. I would love a bashers/fanatics forum. I think one forum would be sufficient, however if posters complain if we bash too hard etc, I will tell them where to go . I don't think we need seperate BB basher/fanatcis forums either, but thats just me and a separate issue all together. I agree with having seperate clue forum and having separate spoiler forums.

I was lost to this forum for a few reasons. I hated seeing posters who may have had a valuable contribution be slammed. To me a troll is someone who posts the same things all the time, not a poster who starts a thresd with repeating information. If they do this more than once, than yes, get rid of them. AK is always very diplomatic in directing them. If they don't understand why their thresd was locked, and it is explained in a civil manner, then see ya.

I hate monster thresds. Except on OT. There were too many of them in this forum, because all the clues were on one thresd. I like the idea of seperating them. Everyone likes to see a new thresd with their name on it with a lot of responses. The way this season went, it didn't happen. I didn't want to start new thresds here and tomorrow is my two year anniversary here. I was afraid I would be told where to go. Because I hated waiting for the thresds to load and wade through the muck, so I didn't start any thresds and lost interest.

So I have a couple, call them requests. A three strikes and see ya. We have mods for a reason, and people like Bebo and Femme who are semi mods here to take care of "the trash". Lets not have everyone police, becasue that just makes an unfriendly forum.

SB and AK have busy lives. Maybe another official moderator for the mole forum is needed. Only for this forum however. This has got to be the most popular Mole forum out there, and it will help with the chaos that exists. I know that I would like to have seen a moderator who could lock thresds before any bashing began. I didn't see much this season that didn't warrant it, but with the ratings of the Mole 2 up, it stands to reason that if a Mole 3 would happen, we will get more posters.

Thats just my two cents. I really want to join the fun over here next season, and I think they will be. SB and AK do a great job at keeping the peace here, but I do think we as a whole, can be practive for next season.

Just my two cents.

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

lady_arcadia 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-06-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lady_arcadia Click to send private message to lady_arcadia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Too much moderation?"
I think moderation is fine.

I also think the poster felt you weren't allowing her to post and made her feel her discovery wasn't important.

Understandable given the action. Approach is everything and although you don't have to be sugar-sweet, raining on someone's parade when they're trying to get in the door will make someone feel very slighted.

~Shell

08-06-02, 08:31 PM (EST)
70. "It's Discovery what REALLY Counts----NOT the Discoverer !!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 08:36 PM (EST)

>I think moderation is fine. I also think the poster felt
>you weren't allowing her to post and made her feel
her discovery wasn't important.

>Understandable given the action. Approach is everything and although you don't have to be sugar-sweet,
raining on someone's parade when they're trying to get in the door will make someone feel very slighted.
<

lady_arcadia this is a shared, community board; everyone has important ideas, everyone wants to make a contribution.

AyaK is a moderator of this forum--serving the FTM community. His actions are thouroughly considered, on behalf of the MOLE community.

|=Doesn't Always Feel, All Warm & Fuzzy Inside

Light a Virtual Candle

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •