The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Body Language"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-24-02, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Body Language"
I'm starting a new thread on this, because I know that before people have said, well you can tell someone is lying by this and that. Well, I was watching some shows and researching. If someone raises their eyebrow while talking, they're probably lying. Knowing this, is there someone who whenever making coallitions, or saying, "No I'm not the mole," at the end who raises their eyebrow? That's the most infamous and constant form of lie detecting. I've noticed that when I lie, I do things with my eyebrows as well. What do you guys think? I'm watching the episodes now to see what I can find. Any input?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Body Language malibubarbie 07-25-02 1
 RE: Body Language Femme 07-25-02 2
   RE: Body Language malibubarbie 07-25-02 3
       RE: Body Language Jims02 07-25-02 4
 RE: Body Language mrknowitall 07-25-02 5
   RE: Body Language malibubarbie 07-25-02 6
 RE: Body Language Molzingvivor 07-25-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-25-02, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Body Language"
Replying to note that Heather raised her eyebrows when saying she wasn't the mole. Everyone else's remained stable. She also raised them while talking to Dorothy about being screwed. I still don't think Heather's the mole, but hey, ya know, could be something.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-25-02, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Body Language"
They say if you look up and to the left you are lying. In the intro to the episode where Bribs was booted, I noticed that EVERY one of the contestants, except Bribs, did this.

Heather was, by far, the worst. She was rolling her eyes all over the darn place. Dunno if it means anything, since other people say eyes rolling up happens when a person is searching for a better way to phrase what they are trying to say...

Here's a "for fun" that I found on how to spot a liar... the answers are in hidden text. The quiz came from here.

So, for fun, test your skill in being able to spot a liar. This quiz also helps you determine if you look credible. The answers appear following the quiz.

Spot a Liar Questions:

1. When someone is a rehearsed liar rather than just nervous
a. They will answer questions quickly and give longer answers.
b. They will spend less time gesturing.
c. They will have longer pauses and shorter answers

2. You can tell when someone is lying most accurately by reading
a. Facial expressions.
b. The body.
c. The eyes.

Look Credible Questions:

3. The best way to look honest with your body language is to
a. Be relaxed.
b. Hold a steady posture without a lot of extraneous movement.
c. Have your body language match whatever you are saying.

4. What is the best way to hold your hands to show truthfulness when giving a presentation?
a. Loosely at your sides or with one hand in your pocket.
b. Clasped loosely in front of you.
c. Palms open.

5. Which of the following actions would make you look more honest?
a. Leaning toward the interviewer.
b. Leaning back, relaxed, with your hands clasped behind your head.
c. Wearing a suit and tie sitting behind a desk.

6. What should you do with your mouth if you want to hide the truth?
a. Hold it still.
b. Maintain a slight small smile.
c. Be careful of pursing or licking your lips.

Answers:
1. Answer C. Liars have longer pauses, shorter answers and longer times between a question and a response than someone who is merely nervous.
2. Answer B. Our faces and eyes hide the truth more easily than the rest of the body. However, the body, especially the lower portion, is under less conscious control.
3. Answer C. Your body language needs to match what you're saying.
4. Answer C. Keep your palms open. Rehearsed liars tend to keep their hands, especially the palms, hidden and still. Loosely at your sides wouldn't be horrible.
5. Answer A. Leaning toward the interviewer makes you appear open and interested. Liars tend to close entrances to the body to hide the truth.
6. Answer C. Be careful of pursing or licking your lips. A smile is the most common facial expression to mask emotions.

Femme

07-25-02, 00:54 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Body Language"
Thanks Femme! Definitely helps, and I think that Heather seems to be the one least honest in all body language, movements, eyes. Maybe she is the mole.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Body Language"
It also might have to do with the phrasing they use...

I'm thinking of Dorothy in particular. Instead of saying, "I was in a cage with bugs", she called it a Bug Cage.

And instead of saying to Bill "I was in a room with a giant snake", she calls it the Snake Room.

Like she gave these rooms names???
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy

11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

mrknowitall 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-25-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrknowitall Click to send private message to mrknowitall Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Body Language"
I lie all the time. I don't do anything with my eyebrows

Conversely, sometimes when I tell the truth, I look like I'm lying too, so there's no exact science. It all depends on how smart the liar is.

Heather claimed she is a good liar, but if she is the mole, then she isn't a good liar afterall. It's not hard to lie and say "I am not the mole" When you say it, just believe that you AREN'T the mole even if you actually are. Not tough at all.

07-25-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Body Language"
There's a lot of different theories on lying, and I know it's not down to a perfect science, but I've been watching Heather because I think she's a lying manipulative little person. Not saying I think she was the mole. The first time they denied being the mole, Dot looked like she was twisting her head and body around, and Heather looked more honest. But, the next time, Heather looks suspicious. It's all so confusing...

Molzingvivor 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-25-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molzingvivor Click to send private message to Molzingvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Body Language"
I think that this would be the best to win the game. The players must spend hours talking with each other in groups and individually and would have a lot of time to figure out each person's body language and demeanor and thus determine when they are lying or telling the truth.

Unfortunatly as viewers we are only seeing a tiny part of that as most of the show is focused on the challenges.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •