The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cagan 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-24-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cagan Click to send private message to Cagan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
Not sure if this has been touched on, but if I recall at the end of Mole 1, during the reunion show, Anderson states that he didn't know who the Mole was until only a few days before Kathryn was actually revealed as the Mole. Which makes sense because he is less likely to reveal the identity of the Mole with a slip of the tongue. I think thats is also the case in Mole 2 and therefore we wont get any clues from Anderson (with stuff he says or does). Does anyone else remember this from Mole 1 and has anyone heard Anderson or producers say anything that contridicts this?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Iden... Canada Girl 07-24-02 1
 RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Iden... Q 07-24-02 2
   RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Iden... malibubarbie 07-24-02 3
       RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Iden... TheBoredGuy 07-24-02 6
   RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Iden... MolePlayer 07-25-02 14
 RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Iden... Kokoro 07-24-02 4
   RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Iden... cyclehausen 07-24-02 5
       How it all ends trigirl 07-24-02 7
           RE: How it all ends malibubarbie 07-24-02 8
               Mole Money AnnaBanana 07-24-02 9
                   RE: Mole Money TheBoredGuy 07-24-02 10
                   RE: Mole Money dragonstorm 07-25-02 11
                       As mentioned before.... cyclehausen 07-25-02 12
                           RE: As mentioned before.... Molzingvivor 07-25-02 13
                           RE: As mentioned before.... wildchickenhunter 07-25-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-24-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
I'm glad you brought this up Cagen. I tried to get this question answered several weeks ago.

As someone who didn't watch the first Mole, Anderson's actual wording from Mole1 on if he did not know about the Mole would be very helpful to me.

Come on people, help a girl out!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-24-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
I was wondering this as well. Also, a question:

I surfed the ABC Site and found out about the mole selection process, etc. Also the fact that all players get money on sliding scale, etc.

Does anyone know, has Kathryn ever said, etc. How much ABC pays the mole. It says they become employees of ABC, but not how much?

Just wondering how much money ABC would have to offer a player to be the mole and give up the chance to play the game and win a lot of money. Of course the paycheck is a sure thing, so I just wonder how much is it?

D.R.

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-24-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-02 AT 03:25 PM (EST)

Yay! I getta answer! No, Anderson does not know who the mole is. I think last year when he said, "Pay the PRICE," and that was a clue, it was simply because ABC was desperate for clues and stumbled on Anderson saying that.

In the final episode summary, it says Anderson is surprised at who the mole is. It's never been said how much Kat got paid. It has been rumored, however, that she got $125,000.

TheBoredGuy 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-24-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheBoredGuy Click to send private message to TheBoredGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
It's quite possible that the script writers work clues into Anderson's dialogue and/or monologue. So Anderson could be giving clues without knowing they're supposed to be clues.

MolePlayer 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MolePlayer Click to send private message to MolePlayer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
Anderson does not know the identity of the Mole. That is the way it was from Mole 1 and I believe it is true for this Mole as well. He might give off something to the viewers let alone the other players.

Also, I believe Kathryn got $150,000 last year. I think the Mole should get the difference between what was won and the One Million Dollars. It is an incentive!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-24-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
<<he didn't know who the Mole was until only a few days before Kathryn was actually revealed as the Mole.>>

I was throwing this out too....It's interesting if he said that exactly, as it doesn't mean "wow I was clueless until the wrap". In mole scheduling, "a few days" should at least cover the final 4. But it doesn't really matter unless someone as a verifiable quote.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-24-02, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anderson clueless on Moles Identity"
They revealed the Mole at the reunion show, which happened after all playing was completed and the show was no longer "on-location."

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-24-02, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "How it all ends"
Is that how it ends Cycle? Will next week be a reunion show with all the players?

*aagh* Whatever am I going to do, I am going to be in a cabin in the woods for a 'vacation'...with no tv.

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-24-02, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How it all ends"
Well, actually, not next week. Next week, all they do is play the games to get the final sum of money into the pot, and then they take the quiz. But, no one gets executed yet. The next week, they take them all and they have the executed players talk about who they thought was the mole when they took the quiz, who of the final 3 they think is the mole, and all the final player's suspicious behaviors. Then, we get the green/red screen. And, the mole is the revealed. The player gets a check, the hidden clues are shown. So, basically, if you don't care about watching the games, then you don't have to watch next week, cuz that's all it'll be. And the quiz which you can get from abc.com anyhow. The next week is what everyone's been waiting for.

AnnaBanana 6 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AnnaBanana Click to send private message to AnnaBanana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Mole Money"
I think that the mole should be paid all of the money that they keep out of the pot. Its just an idea but I think it would be interesting.

TheBoredGuy 49 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheBoredGuy Click to send private message to TheBoredGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mole Money"
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I seem to recall Manny saying last year that everyone who played did get some sort of payout, scaled based on how long they lasted. My assumption is that the percentage comes from the money not won by the group.

dragonstorm 9 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonstorm Click to send private message to dragonstorm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mole Money"
So many people say this, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

If the mole has such a high incentive to screw up challenges, his identity would be too easily revealed. The mole should be motivated *primarily* to conceal his identity. One way to misdirect people is by contributing positively whenever possible, so the producers wouldn't want to discourage that. The mole already has enough motivation to cost the team money, because that's his role in the game. If you add personal gain into the equation, it would be too much.

It would also cost the producers more money, as they'd have to give away the full million dollars. As it is now, they only have to give away about half that. (plus the mole's salary)

Also, I would imagine that the audience is cheering for the players to earn more money.

It's entirely possible that his salary *is* tied to the pot, in that he will not earn his full pay if the pot ends up being too large. In other words, he's paid the money that was kept out of the pot, but that salary is capped at a certain amount in order to keep the greed factor limited.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-25-02, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "As mentioned before...."
...Kat never confirmed how much she got, or what it was based on.

Ideally (in my mind ) the salary would be based on a two-dimensional sliding scale, with the axes being successful sabotage and lack of detection (as demonstrated by quiz responses)

Molzingvivor 48 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molzingvivor Click to send private message to Molzingvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: As mentioned before...."
>...Kat never confirmed how much she got, or what it was based on.
>
>Ideally (in my mind ) the salary would be based on a two-dimensional sliding scale, with the axes being successful sabotage and lack of detection (as demonstrated by quiz responses)

I was thinking the exact same thing. Some formula such as $1,000 for every player who doesn't correctly identify the mole on each quiz and 10% of all money the team loses. That should add up to $100-125K in the end.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-25-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: As mentioned before...."
I am with you...except I think it should be a four way sliding scale, with axes X being succesful sabotage, Y being lack of detection, Z being amount of food eaten and W being words spoken. Then with z they should take the standard variance between the most expensive meal eaten by any player and the least expensive meal eaten by any player.This would then be plotted for each meal eaten for the entire time they are filming.Then on the W axis you would take all the words spoken by all the players each day divided by the words spoken by the mole each day. This would give you an average number of words spoken by the mole each day. Then they could plot the variance between each day on the W access.
Now because we have a three dimesional graph we would have sphers of payout amounts. If a mean average standard deviation landed within a spher then that is what you got paid.

Oh sh*t, why not just give them $125000 and forget about it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •