The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"judging sort of"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dhinckle 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-25-07, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dhinckle Click to send private message to dhinckle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"judging sort of"
The final of Top chef will be of no interest to me as it has become clear that the results are pre determined. If you are an arrogant self centered bore who occassionally gets it right then you are a shoo in to win... if you are a consistent chef, who rallies everyone and follows the rules then you are packing your knives. To Padma you should hide your bias in favor of Marcel a bit better and Tom a good chef creates and produces dishes not just cooks...he made 2 Hawaiian inspired dishes that didn't require heat and were served to him the day prior as examples of what to serve...sinking low and searching for a reason to dump Sam??When finding a truly talented well rounded top chef with a modicome of people skills is the priority of this show I may tune in again but for now the rating grabbing "lets keep the ocassional hit and miss arrogant jerk" are not my idea of a competion and I will go elsewhere. Also Tom you don't care that Marcel played mind games and constantly did things to undercut the other contestants? His behavior in the kitchen is part of his abilities. Do you run your kitchen that way? You must have a large turn over in employees? For now right on with season 1 Harold someone who created dishes and inspired his co workers and season 2 Marcel the self centered jerk who couldn't inspire Kobe beef to be a good meal double thumbs down. Personally I am switching to Hells Kitchen it doesn't pretend to be what it is not. Hopefully Ilan knows that Marcel has been pre determined.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: judging sort of Pretty_Kitty 01-25-07 1
   RE: judging sort of dhinckle 01-25-07 3
 RE: judging sort of lilpick89 01-25-07 2
 Lockin - duplicate topic IceCat 01-25-07 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-25-07, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: judging sort of"
funny when you say arrogant self centered bore I thought SAM!!

Marcel should win. he stayed in despite the little baby whiner chefs who spent the whole COMPETITION making his life miserable

dhinckle 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-07, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dhinckle Click to send private message to dhinckle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: judging sort of"
were you watching the same show? If someone has a problem with everyone is the problem him or everyone else? Never mind you have bought into this fixed contest where considerable talent and constant ability doesn't matter but being a pretenious whining arrogant self centered bore gets you to the finals You are in the minority kitty Sam was voted overwhelmingly the fan favorite...the least favorite oh my Marcel.How arrogant could Sam have been to get that kind of support? It's nice to know you and the other three people who voted for him will be watching the final show a good number prefering quality TV won't.

lilpick89 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-07, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lilpick89 Click to send private message to lilpick89 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: judging sort of"
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-07 AT 05:59 PM (EST)

Unfortunatly I too think that this show is fixed. And to those who say that sam is arrogant, one of two things has happend to make you feel that way. 1) you haven't been watching very long...or 2) you just lack the ability to judge character. Marcel is quite the whiner. He's constantly bitching about no one liking him. One of the greatest lessons to learn in life is if you don't have any friends, then it's not them, it's YOU!! There was only one person in that entire competition that tolerated him, and she eventually grew annoyed with him pompous behavior towards the end. Judging strictly by number of wins, he's hasn't been on the same level with other chefs throughout the competition, and yet, he's still around? At the end of every show the credits say that the elimination results are always discussed with Bravo, who very obviously wants to keep Marcel around because he's good for entertainment value. (He's someone everyone loves to hate.) But personally, I've had enough with this fixed competition, and at the very least they will be losing one viewer next wednesday.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-25-07, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Lockin - duplicate topic"
We already have a discussion thread underway on the topic of judging. It is located here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID107/15.shtml

Please feel free to copy your posts as replies to this other thread.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •