The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef Reunion dinner"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-05-09, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef Reunion dinner"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-09 AT 01:00 AM (EST)

So, apparently, even Top Chef can't share an audience with the World Series. Thus, we get to rehash drama of seasons past. Seasons 1-5 show up, we get to remember Harold & Tiffany, Ilan & Marcel, Casey Dale & Hung, Blaise & Lisa, and Carla & Stefan. Everyone starts drinking and mingling. Fabio chats everyone up, and of course, it doesn't get confrontational until he gets to Marcel. Marcel cannot seem to handle any questions regarding his behavior/demeanor. Stefan tries to help out Fabio, but Marcel astutely points out that Stefan called him a tw*t. Stefan/Fabio try to laugh this off, but the elephant has now camped out in the middle of the room. Marcel himself is the first one to bring up the head shaving incident, note for later.

Season draw knives to see which course they will be preparing. They get a budget of $500 (per course!?!?!) and go to whole foods. There's a lot of flash backs for everyone, and everyone seems to be having fun. Tif accuses Stefan of being a "lesbian opportunivore (sp?)" which Stefan is only too glad to own, and even tells Lisa she should watch out!

Everyone sits down to eat, and of course drink more. We reinforce that Hung indeed was the right choice to win Season 3. Ilan and Marcel cooperate and bake a beautiful fish (salt crusted and oven baked)/ratatoullie. Then Fabio decides to bring the elephant to the dinner table, Marcel starts pouting, Casey starts whining that it wasn't her fault that Carla lost. At this point, Fabio's had it, tells the crew to shut of the cameras, and says"this is bravo, they invited you back, what did you think we were going to talk about? If you don't want to talk, go home." I'm paraphrasing because his accent is so thick, I can't really understand, but it's funny. Most everyone at the table seems to think that it was funny to, and the dinner ends without much controversy. Lots of fun Stew Room shots.

I have to say, I had forgotten how disturbing the footage of the "head shaving" incident was. Not that I think they meant to harm him, but that they had imbibed so much that they couldn't hear him and how scared he was. For all his talk, Marcel really doesn't have any courage. Everyone else was able to own up to their shortcomings (Tif, Lisa) but Marcel still can't get to that place. He's either going to have to develop a sense of humor about his editing or they'll just keep making him look worse and worse. I wish Sam and Dave had been there, but you can't win them all.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner dabo 11-05-09 1
   RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner jbug 11-05-09 3
       RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner frodis 11-05-09 4
           RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner jbug 11-05-09 6
 RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner DHerder222 11-05-09 2
   RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner Andy W 11-05-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-05-09, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner"
OMG, Dale and Sara are living together! That's almost incestuous.

Oh, okay, it's really platonic. Or Plutonic. Or something.

This was a fun reunion, enjoyed seeing many of them again.

Marcel, grow up!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner"
I agree. Marcel grow up.
Just as obnoxious and childish as he was on his season.

Wish these shows would be shown again as re-runs. I missed the first season and would watch it and all the others again.

Agman 2009

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-05-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner"
Just watch the listings, JBug. Bravo re-runs these, including the first season, All. The. Time.

Watch for marathons particularly during December. I seem to recall last year some all-day marathons of every season around the holidays. If I happen to notice them showing an old season I'll PM you - I usually join them already in progress when I happen to notice that they're showing a marathon.

For some reason, Top Chef is one of those shows I can watch 100 times, which is odd for a competition where I already know the results.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-09, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner"
Thanks for the heads up Fro!

Yes, please pm me if you see one coming up.

DHerder222 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-09, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DHerder222 Click to send private message to DHerder222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner"
Like I said in my little recap, I thought this was completely pointless. With the A-list awards and all the little events these folks do after being on the show, it seems like the cheftestants are all a part of some kind of clique, and have a lot of little inside things fans aren't always privy to.

And mtb002, I'm so glad you posted the line Fabio said, something to the effect of "this is bravo, they invited you back, what did you think we were going to talk about? If you don't want to talk, go home." I don't get why reality shows, but Bravo's in particular, like to hype up the meaningless drama that happens on their shows. It makes more sense for something like Survivor, where the whole point of the show is to have drama. But for skill-oriented shows like Top Chef or Project Runway, there really should be more focus put on the contestants' crafts. It's one of the reasons I think American Idol is so popular - Yeah, there's a ton of hype and fluff, but in the end it's always about the singing.

Andy W 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-05-09, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Andy%20W Click to send private message to Andy%20W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef Reunion dinner"
"But for skill-oriented shows like Top Chef or Project Runway, there really should be more focus put on the contestants' crafts. It's one of the reasons I think American Idol is so popular - Yeah, there's a ton of hype and fluff, but in the end it's always about the singing."

You're right that the drama does not need to be hyped up in shows like Top Chef. I'm always disappointed when the ads for upcoming episodes play up the drama so much. However it usually isn't a big theme in the actual show which I appreciate.

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach

Wake up to the best recaps on the web with Last Night on TV!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •