The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-07-15, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-15 AT 10:56 PM (EST)

Jeff ended TC with a very appropriate warning that I’ve been preaching on these Boards for years – everyone wants to take the weakest to the end. Think anyone will be capable of reading between the lines? Let’s use Rodney’s statistical probability…0.0000000%

1) CAROLYN – Mike’s still owning the season, but this episode belonged to Carolyn. She continues to beat the snot out of players half her age. I guess all those newfangled technological toys kids love to play with are softening the younger generation. This was a much better TC to cut Tyler loose. With four voting Mike it assured one vote would not be read so Tyler could not be absolutely 100% sure Carolyn turned on him. She’s now got options...oh, and BTW, she still has her HII.

2) MIKE – The scrambling we saw this episode was a carryover from last episode thanks to Mike’s HII and last IC win. NO ONE has been more proactive or individually controlled their own fate more than Mike. Me being a former semi-pro soccer player, I’ll give him props for some pretty decent moves. If he continues his run all that would stand between Mike and a million dollars is a disgruntled sore-losing Jury.

3) DAN – Give the guy credit – he stepped up in the RC and if not for Rodney’s boneheaded blunder he probably pulls out the win. He knew he was at risk but he didn’t panic and still has his advantage going into the F6.

4) SIERRA – Someone call the Whambulance for Sierra...Mike wouldn’t let her out to play. Poor Baby. Don’t sweat it, Sweetie; just let Mike win another challenge and then you can do what you do best – go along for the ride. A strong gust of tropical wind came through and the Survivor weather vane now points toward Carolyn – say Hi to Sierra’s new coattail.

5) WILL – Mr. Irrelevant’s continued presence in this game serves as a constant reminder how much CBS Casting totally SUCKS! As big a homerun as they hit with Mike, they laid a larger egg with Will. Jeff’s final comment at TC may be a cry for help to absolve Production from any further embarrassment.

6) RODNEY – It’s been a while since I can recall a castaway with a more dismal episode. I hope there’s some extra room in that Whambulance for Rodney. He had a hellava lot of nerve bellyaching about being passed up on the Reward when it was HIS inexcusable mental lapse that cost his team the win. And the crybaby NEVER let up. His strategy to get Mike not to use his HII was as weak as it gets.

BOOTED) TYLER – He knew he was the primary target and that Mike would be voting for him. So writing down Mike’s name was essentially throwing his vote away. Had he voted Dan then ALL SEVEN votes would have been read. It would have been an interesting lead to next week’s episode if he exited with fireworks to blowup Carolyn’s game for turning on him. But Charlie Brown never caused an ugly scene...he just uttered “Good Grief” and walked away clueless to live another day.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... kingfish 05-08-15 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 05-09-15 2
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 05-09-15 3
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 05-09-15 4
       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 05-10-15 5
           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... Aruba 05-12-15 7
               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 05-12-15 10
           RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... suzzee 05-12-15 8
               RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... michel2 05-12-15 9
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apa... kingfish 05-11-15 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-15, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-15 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

That wasn't smart of Sierra. I mean, she did no harm because Mike ignored her, but after he got thru the learning curve with aiming his balls, it would have been the height (depth?) of stupidity for her or Carolyn to take over and have to relearn how to aim her balls.

Besides, he had the most experience with balls (obvious punch line).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-09-15, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
Especially when Jeff SPECIFICALLY advised them there was a learning curve with that final part in the challenge.

Then again if players really listened to Jeff, Kelly would not have taken eight stitches on her head.

michel2 857 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-09-15, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
1- Mike : When we heard him say that he’d enjoy watching the six scramble, it told us that he was forgetting that the job didn’t end there. He knew he’d use his idol so he should have been working on the next step. The reward gave him a chance but he seemed more interested in playing with the kids. He can certainly turn things around by winning immunity but it wouldn’t be very satisfying to see him simply win his way to the end. If he is able to get people to vote for someone else when he doesn’t have immunity, then we could say he played a great game. Like he said, his moves are limited but he could shake things up by pointing out that Rodney, Dan and Will are all joined at the hip.

2- Carolyn : Quietly, Carolyn is playing an excellent game. Besides Joaquin who wasn’t on her tribe at the time, she is directly responsible for eliminating all the White Collars so she could be described as the season’s biggest flipper. The only reservation is that the viewers know that Max, Shirin and Tyler weren’t gunning for her so she got rid of allies that would have helped her against the three goats. If she had gotten rid of Tyler last week and kept Shirin then she could have had the numbers to go after Rodney’s posse without keeping a real threat around. Now, she may need Mike and even his vote may not be enough against Dan’s advantage. She won’t have an easy road to navigate to the end and winning that immunity is less impressive when we remember that women have always won this type of challenge, even Jane in Nicaragua. Carolyn still has an idol to play and maybe other surprises as well. As the new person in charge, the other players aren’t ready to deal with this powerful threat innocently called Mama C.

3- Sierra : We’ve heard Sierra say a few times that she wants to go to the end with people she can beat but she probably won’t have the luxury to decide. There is no room for her with the frat boys. Her reaction when Mike fell into the water could be telling us that she already realized this. Working with him is a double edged sword: Together, they could open up a spot in the final three but, then, he could take it away from her. Their collaboration has already eliminated Tyler which was great for Sierra, much better for her than Carolyn actually. We know Sierra had been actively working on that since last week. Was it just a onetime deal? She should realize that she still needs Mike's help if she wants to make it to the end.

4- Rodney : Carolyn said it all: The cry-baby should be happy to be on Survivor. I’d still like to tell him that he should win a challenge if he wants to get a reward. As the head goat, Rodney has a clear path to the final three and even he would easily beat Will and Dan. What a disastrous result that would be. We are in the 4th quarter of the game right now and I’m still waiting to see “Tom Brady” taking over the game. Instead, we have to watch this deflated version.

5- Dan: He may say that it broke his heart to vote against Mike but he certainly healed quickly. In Will, Dan has found his perfect companion to take to the end and he would beat him...if it was a Final 2. I don’t believe I am going to say this but I’m glad for the Final three just to remove this possibility.

6- Will: It was funny to hear Will telling Dan that he had also voted against him after Dan told Tyler that he had no hard feelings. Will’s first intention was to avoid that discussion all together but coming clean just earned him a spot in Dan’s Final Three. So why was he still gunning for the mailman when he talked to Tyler? Since Will eventually voted against Mike, it seems logical to assume that he was in on the plan to blindside Tyler even if he looked to be completely out of the loop.

Booted - Tyler: While he kept a few secret early on, anyone watching Survivor for the last 10 years knows that Jeff reveals ALL the meaningful votes so the unread vote HAD to be against Tyler. As for voting for Mike, there had to be enough votes on him to make sure the idol would be flushed.

05-09-15, 07:16 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
As always VERY well thought out analysis and ranking assessments.

Shakespeare has "Monarch Notes;" Survivor has "Michel Notes."

But naturally I must provide a few "contrary" comments...I wouldn't want your head to get as big as Rodney's sense of entitlement.

>Mike: ...He can certainly turn things around by winning immunity but it wouldn’t be very satisfying to see him simply win his way to the end.

Whereas I can certainly understand YOU feeling that way, in Tocantins JT had one of the more satisfying wins on Survivor. Many regard his victory as the most impressive. Certainly that's a matter of personal opinion and debate, but "statistically" it's hard to argue playing the entire season without a single vote against him; winning FTC by a unanimous clean-sweep vote, AND taking home the Fan Fav player of the season honors. No castaway has ever accomplished all three. And the way he made that happen was by taking the final three immunities and "simply winning his way to the end." For Mike to guarantee himself a spot in the Finals he would have to...you got it...take the final three ICs and "simply win his way to the end." I'd say that would be VERY satisfying as well!

>Sierra: We’ve heard Sierra say a few times that she wants to go to the end with people she can beat but she probably won’t have the luxury to decide...

It's probably true that she will not be handed that "luxury," but if she could step up to the plate and win an immunity or two she might earn that luxury to put herself in a position to win out of default.

>Will: ...So why was he still gunning for the mailman when he talked to Tyler?

What did you expect him to say to Tyler? Blindsides only work when the victim never sees it coming. Of course Will would tell Tyler he's gunning for Dan just for that reason.

>Tyler: ...As for voting for Mike, there had to be enough votes on him to make sure the idol would be flushed.

First of all ANYONE would have to be a blooming idiot to think Mike would not play his idol. OK, perhaps I wouldn't use Rodney's statistical probability of 0.00000%. 0.0001% might be more like it.

Even so, Tyler mentioned on more than one occasion in his mind he KNEW Mike would be targeting him so he had to know Mike would be writing Tyler's name down. For Tyler to switch his vote to Dan (and assuming Tyler wasn't blindsided) it would be three votes Mike and three votes Dan. Had Mike been a complete moron and not play his idol a revote would have certainly sent Mike to the Jury.

Yeah, I get what you're saying about votes not read as being meaningless, but if I was Tyler I would want to be ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY and NO DOUBT sure of everyone who turned on me. All I'm saying is his vote for Dan would have assured that and given my explanation above would not have compromised the initial plan to boot Mike.

>I’m still waiting to see “Tom Brady” taking over the game. Instead, we have to watch this deflated version.

ROFLMAO!!!
I have to give you major props for this hilarious analogy. Or were your choice of words a bizarre coincidence??

05-10-15, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-15 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

Thank you, Aruba. I try to make things entertaining.

Let me explain a little more why I wouldn't be satisfied to see Mike winning his way to the end. I have no problem seeing a person inside the alliance winning the last few immunities to earn his spot in the F2. At that point, the alliance has to turn on itself so winning immunities is a way to take control.

Let's compare JT (or even Tom) to Mike: At F6, JT didn't win immunity and he had no idols to protect himself but Debbie was voted out so JT didn't need to win it (although I bet Stephen still regrets not voting him out then.) And, while he won the necklace at F5, it's unlikely he needed to win it since Coach was everyone's target. (Tom didn't need to win immunity at F6 and F5 either) Additionally, JT and Tom were on F2 seasons were the Final immunity is often essential.

For Mike, I'm assuming a F3 so that's a break in itself (one less challenge to win). Also, he isn't part of the alliance so he didn't outwit anyone before needing to win immunity. He already HAD to be immune a couple of times so three more would simply be too much. JT, with Stephen's help, had outwitted the Timbira alliance earlier. OK, you could say it isn't hard to outwit a half-wit like Coach but still... The game is Outwit, Outplay, Outlast and someone who simply Outplays doesn't satisfy me.

I know you don't like Sierra (It baffles me because she is quite cute and a cowgirl which should at least pique your interest) but she has played her cards well. It's not easy recovering from losing your closest ally but she nicely navigated her way to this point. The trio of goats formed quite suddenly so it's hard to blame her for winding up outside of the core alliance. The last episode started with Dan and Will on opposite sides so there was still a seat open in Rodney's Final three, a seat that Sierra could have claimed. It was Dan and Will's sudden reconciliation that shut that door, removing Sierra's main option.

Will was already at the water reservoir with Tyler when Carolyn told Rodney and the others that the guys should vote against Mike while the girls vote for Tyler. From what we saw, Will didn't know about that plan when he talked to Tyler so he didn't know that his buddy was about to be blindsided. So, the question remains: Why was he gunning for Dan at that moment?

Tyler practically had to vote for Mike. He hadn't voted for Mike in the previous council and it got him in a whole lot of trouble. Voting for Dan a second time would have told his alliance that he couldn't be trusted. He was playing for the next vote. Of course, that doesn't do him any good now that he is sitting in Ponderosa but voting for Dan wouldn't have changed that.

As for "Tom Brady", I was originally thinking of making a joke about his gaffe at the challenge. Something like: "Rodney problably expected that an attendant would pick up the bag of balls, fix them nicely for him and quietly bring the bag to the finish line" but then I decided to simplify. I'm glad you enjoyed.

05-12-15, 06:20 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
With the Finale on May 17th, a F3 seems to be definite for this season. Yes, Tocantis was a F2, so let’s not overcomplicate what should be simple math. To guarantee a seat in the Finals JT had to win the LAST THREE ICs. This season to guarantee a seat in the Finals Mike will have to win the LAST THREE ICs. Sure Coach was annoying as hell but the opportunity to eliminate a ringer like JT would have been much too tempting had he not finished up winning his first of three ICs. VERY satisfying.

Honestly I think Mike has done his share of outwitting this season. Some tactics works and couple did not, but he proactively never stopped playing hard, strategizing, and working harder than any other player this season. Anyone who’s following this season will admit Mike’s been more than just simply “outplaying.”

Oh, I’m really digging Sierra as a “cute cowgirl” and rodeo chick. Nothing baffling about that. But as a Survivor player…MEH. It’s pretty darn easy to overcome losing a close ally when the tribal swap awarded her the “Dumba$$ Luck of the Season” honors.

It doesn’t matter where or when Will and Tyler had their conversation. Both Tyler and Dan got two votes. It’s certain after that TC Tyler was making his rounds trying to get assurance that those in his alliance would not target him at the next TC. What would you expect Will to say? He’s not going to tell Tyler to his face he’s a target. Obviously in Tyler’s presence he’ll put the focus on the OTHER player who also received two votes. I think you’re overanalyzing their conversation WAAAY too much to insinuate Will was “gunning” for Dan “at that moment.”

I’m not saying that Tyler gives everyone in his alliance assurance he will write down Mike’s name and then change his vote at TC. My point is Tyler should have NEVER agreed to write Mike’s name down in the first place going into TC for the reasons I stated. Only a brainless nitwit would think Mike would NOT be writing down Tyler’s name, so when Tyler was told Dan would be going home if Mike doesn’t play his idol, Tyler could have made a VERY convincing argument that three votes for Mike would be enough. And for the umpteenth time...there’s NOOOO way Mike’s not playing his idol.

05-12-15, 05:14 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
The thing is that Mike ALREADY had to be immune for the last 3 councils. Three more times would be too much for my taste.

Sierra is MEH simply because the editors don't give her enough airtime. If they had spent less time on Rodney's pity party then we'd have enjoyed the cowgirl more.

Since he had made up with Dan, I was expecting Will to focus somewhere else, maybe Carolyn or Sierra.

Put yourself in Tyler's place for a moment: You KNOW Mike is playing his idol so two votes on Dan is enough to counter Mike's vote. Telling everyone that you are voting against Dan AFTER they said they expect you to vote for Mike shows that you don't trust your allies. You DON'T trust them but you have to make it look like you do.

suzzee 5779 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-15, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
At F6, JT didn't win immunity and he had no idols to protect himself but Debbie was voted out so JT didn't need to win it (although I bet Stephen still regrets not voting him out then.)

I believe he said that was something he should have done on a recent "Know it Alls" podcast. Should he make the viewer's choice season I bet he's not going to pass the situation up. The only thing that would stop him is the question of "Is this the best time to vote out an alliance partner?"

I should be watched....closely.

05-12-15, 04:57 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
That vote was finally going to give the Jalapoa trio the numbers advantage. Going up 3-2 had to be too tempting to eliminate JT. Anyway, Taj wouldn't have gone along so it would have been tough to get the vote.

kingfish 18281 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-15, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 12 "
I'm still putting Rod last. The bottom three are all essentially tied in the self-indulgent ignorance colums, but Rod's extended and loudmouthed pity party in the last episode pushes him to the bottom. IMO.

I'm not speaking to their chances of winning or of their tactical or social rankings, I think you and Aruba have those about nailed, but as far as love/loathe goes, Rod's at the bottom, and Mike's at the top.

Well, maybe I have more love for Sierra that Mamma C, now that I think of it. Mamma C has more on the ball than Sierra has shown to this point, but I briefly dated a girl once that was a barrel racer/rodeo show girl, and I have fond memories of her.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •