The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-15, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
My list that follows the tribal switch episode is usually when I award my annual "Survivor Dumb A$$ Luck Award." I’m not necessarily calling the winner a “dumb a$$” personally, but the circumstances of a tribal switch resulting in a favorable situation is “dumb a$$” luck. The two finalists are players who randomly found themselves in that coveted swing vote position on both new tribes—Kelly and Sierra. But because Kelly was in no immediate danger on the Blue Tribe—Congratulations Sierra!

1) JENN – This week’s episode(s) belonged to Jenn. Her confessionals alone are worth watching this season. If she makes it to FTC and we have a majority of the Jury voting for Miss Congeniality, Jenn wins hands down. Oh, and great job finding the HII! Only criticism…according to some fans in the name of “honesty” she should have ran around and told her alliance she found it. *snort*

2) JOE – Initially one would presume he comes out of the tribal shuffle as the loser being the only No Collar to separate from his Red Tribe members. But he appears to have cleared that hurdle and has fit in just nicely. Any tribe he’s on has to regard him as a great asset for team challenges.

3) KELLY – Hey...Why did Jeff stop that challenge so abruptly??? Golly gee, according to Kelly you allow the bout to keep on going before any kind of intervention. LMAO! The irony is Kelly probably would not have wanted to stop. Her toughness won the admiration of every castaway out there and that could go a long way in this game. If Kelly and Mike both make the merge and team up (as Mike suggested) they could be a formidable duo going forward.

4) MIKE – Came out smart in the female conversation with Dan and has his eye on a good choice of partnership with Kelly. Even though Rodney, Sierra and Dan were more at risk on the Blue Tribe, this switch worked out well for him. He’ll be a contributing part of a dominant tribe who should win every IC before the merge, and if not, there should be enough lightening rod(ney)s on NuEscameca to keep him out of harm’s way.

5) CAROLYN – I moved her for stepping up and proactively playing the game after the swap. Thank goodness she dropped that makeshift first day alliance; they never told her she was at risk so she owed them nothing. Her keen eye observed how Kelly luckily fell into that swing vote position, a role Carolyn knows can be powerful if played correctly. Although I give her props for attempting to take over that role, problem is when the majority has to choose between a hard-nose battle-scarred competitor vs. a 54 year-old white collar executive it won’t take a MENSA member to know who’ll end up on the short end of that deal.

6) TYLER – Although he didn’t get screwed, the swap did him no big favors. He got separated from Carolyn (his HII comrade) and it appears his HII clue comrade will leave him for greener (or in Survivor terms “younger”) pastures with a potential Joaquin-Rodney Bromance brewing as suggested from the preview. In any event, I see him in no trouble so as long as he does nothing stupid he should advance to the merge.

7) HALI – Yeah right...her vote for Will shows she was her own person and not going with the flow. HaHa. Well that’s a spin that came up empty. We know as a fact Red split the vote at its first TC because of the threat of a HII and there was nothing to indicate that group fear subsided. Hali herself confirmed it in Ep. 4. So I’ll keep thinking why she’s skating through the game thus far...but she’s still so gosh darn nice to look at. And yes, I think she’s so nice to look at because she IS a woman.

8) SIERRA – She goes from the Blue Collar hot seat to an envious position by chance. Not a bad turn of events. And we may never get to see how she handles this gifted role if NuEscameca never sees TC.

9) JOAQUIN – He fell into a younger tribe which is a good thing for Joaquin. With the clue in hand and his partner (Tyler) with him it should be a golden opportunity to find the HII. But I guess Rodney’s “charisma” will be too much to resist. Young love can be so blind.

10) WILL – He went from one IC loss and dead man walking to a realistic shot of making the merge. Perhaps if he eliminated the “Endless Appetizers” at Friday’s and set aside 30 minutes a day for moderate exercise I might be more of a fan. But as it is I just can’t see myself cheering him on.

11) DAN – You’re right…you’re not AS dumb as you look--you’re MUCH dumber. If I was Dan right now, I’d be watching this season play out in the privacy of my man cave because it would be too demoralizing to be surrounded by family and friends showcasing what a complete horse’s a$$ I was to millions of viewers. His exchange with Sierra is NOT convincing me he’s improving his social game. Only reason he’s not lower is because he did kill it in the IC.

12) RODNEY – NOOOOO WAY!!! I can’t believe two women would dump such a prized catch like Rodney! A douchebag only a mother would love…and nothing could be further from the truth. He did answer my question from last week—he does have a problem with Mike Tyson’s face tattoo. Please don’t compare yourself to the Superbowl MVP. I wonder if Tom Brady is moving forward with any legal proceedings against Rodney for defamation of character?

13) SHIRIN – After communicating with all you fine folks for so many years I feel comfortable to share one of my inner desires and say I have a weakness for long dark (preferably black) hair on women. So for me to rank Shirin last you KNOW she’s a chick with some major issues. Switching over to join most of the No Collars should have given this “professional whistler” a second wind; but even the free-spirits have her pegged as a looney tune. After the last TC I think even Jeff had a talking to with Production to find out what was in their Corn Flakes the morning they decided on Shirin.

BOOTED) LINDSEY – Geez, I never figured Lindsey an authority to be giving advice about relationships. For the first four episodes she obnoxiously made a case for every Blue Collar guy to be voted out. How surreal she’s the first Blue tribe member to be flying home. She won’t be missed.

BOOTED) MAX – Knowing the Zodiac signs of every winner does not make you a Survivor expert if you break the Cardinal Rule in the game—don’t be so over confident going into TC. Putting your faith in Shirin’s “social skills” is as ill-advised as having Rodney co-host 'The View.' Maybe Max and Shirin can hook up after the show. They could walk around naked ‘til their heart’s content. If the relationship really develops, Shirin could make annoying monkey sounds and they could have babies who will grow up to wear long black beards.

I think I’ll stop right here…I’m even grossing MYSELF out!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... kingfish 03-20-15 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... suzzee 03-20-15 3
       RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... Aruba 03-20-15 7
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... Aruba 03-20-15 5
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... b1whois 03-23-15 13
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... Agman2 03-20-15 2
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... Agman2 03-20-15 4
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... Aruba 03-20-15 6
 RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... michel2 03-21-15 8
   RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds A... Aruba 03-22-15 9
 My List: michel2 03-22-15 10
   RE: My List: Aruba 03-22-15 11
       RE: My List: michel2 03-22-15 12
           RE: My List: Aruba 03-23-15 14
               RE: My List: michel2 03-23-15 15
                   RE: My List: Aruba 03-24-15 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-15, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-15 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

Generally I'm in agreement with your list.

Except about Lindsey.

I'm a bit more of a fan of her than you are. I applauded when she confronted Rod on his attitude toward women. What a tool. And for a guy who is tattooed out the yang, his putting her down because of facial ink is IMO indicative of his basically condescending and biased attitude toward whatever and whomever he hates. Or fears. Or envies. Especially women. I am willing to go on record and state that his mom surely does not approve of that attitude in her son.

And Lindsey's tattoos are actually very attractive, much more so than his. IMO.

His tats? “This is to remind me of my dead friend, and this is of my dead sister, and this is to remind me of my dog…”. What a putz if he needs tattoos to remind him of deceased loved ones. He has no basis for that “better tattooed than you” attitude toward anyone.

And of the loudmouths, at least she was entertaining and reasonably intelligent in her remarks.

I have her much higher on the list. But she’s gone. And the game is a bit more boring. Jenn better have more lasting power.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 5719 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-15, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
I am such a waffle, I agree with Aruba's great cut to the chase assessments but can agree with kingfish's take on Lindsey. I applaud her for barking at that neanderthal Mama's boy but sometimes being sucked into the drama of stupidity doesn't help your game in the least.

Bring on the carnage.

03-20-15, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
Hey suzzee!

"neanderthal Mama's boy"
I like that...LOL

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it seem as if Rodney was "pimping" his mom to Joe when NuEscameca returned to camp right after the tribal switch?

If so I guess that's the "higher standard" Rodney expects ALL women to uphold themselves too...

03-20-15, 07:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
Hey Kingfish…thanks for your comments.

I see where you’re coming from with Lindsey and I might have been able to deal with “Lindsey the Character” this season if she was able to pace herself. But this girl was one continuous complaining machine whose batteries never ran out.

I had no problem joining in on the applause when she was b!tch slapping that ink-stained epitaph chauvinist, but this was the same bellyacher who griped that Dan and Mike needed to be the first ones to go. It seemed most everyone on her tribe needed to go first depending on what episode you were watching. That’s where I was coming from when I stated how surreal it was that SHE would be the first Blue Collar gone.

These endless rants would be “nails on the chalkboard” from anyone...but coming from a player who self-promoted herself as “mentally the strongest person on earth” provided bashing material galore.

b1whois 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-23-15, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
I generally agree that Lindsey deserved better. and as to Rodney's tats, I seem to remember in the first episode he talked about how he used the tat of his dead sister to pick up on girls. ugh!

Agman2 971 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-15, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
Excellent List Aruba! I especially like your summary of Jenn. She became on of my favorites.

Agman2 971 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-15, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
Oh, I almost forgot, I agree 100% about Joe because he's already showing he's one of the guys.

03-20-15, 07:46 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
Thanks Agman2

I'm feeling confident that Joe, Jenn, Mike and Kelly all make the merge. If so I'm hoping for perhaps a Joe/Jenn vs. Kelly/Mike showdown in the second half of the season.

michel2 684 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-15, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
Before I post my list, I have to say it's nice to see you thinking of me when you make some of your posts!

One thing I have to clarify though when you wrote this about Jenn: "Only criticism…according to some fans in the name of “honesty” she should have ran around and told her alliance she found it. *snort*"

You misunderstood what I had been saying about Carolyn: She decided to tell Tyler about her idol right away. Once she did that, then it was dangerous for her and for him to keep it quiet from their alliance. Had it come out then she and/or Tyler would have been in trouble. Luckily for her, Joaquin, Max and Shirin were too dumb to realize the idol had been found.

Jenn is using a much better tactic by keeping it quiet to EVERYONE. If she had told Joe about it but not Hali then I'd criticize her especially if she knew Hali was wasting time looking for it.

03-22-15, 09:04 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep 4 & 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-15 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

Not only should you think it’s “nice” I think of you in my posts, you should be very flattered.

I’m thrilled kingfish, suzzee and Agman2 have provided their input and I hope they continue to do so, but I think most (me included) wait eagerly for the Navratilova vs. Evert weekly rivalry.

Even though we’ll never see eye-to-eye I get a kick out of reading the “Michel Notes” of Reality TV. Brings me back to my High School English classes when we would see a few Shakespeare novels on the syllabus for our upcoming semester and first thing everyone did was run out to the local bookstore to buy up the “Monarch Notes” or “Cliff Notes.” I always got a kick out of how most put so much stock into what Mr. Monarch or Mr. Cliff thought they knew what was going on in the mind of William Shakespeare some 400 years later without ever actually interviewing the guy to know for sure.

I, on the other hand, will always give you the real dope…no stream of consciousness…no presumed edit cards…no conspiracy theories. Nothin’ fancy; cut to the chase; straight and to the point. Kinda like how Robert Shaw (Quint’s character) described the shark in “Jaws.”

“…swallow ya whole; little shakin’; little tenderizin’; down ya go!”

That being said, I’m sure you know the “digs” I included in my ranking for Jenn and Kelly were mostly to yank your chain.
Of course there was a difference between when Carolyn found her HII and Jenn found hers. Right after Carolyn found hers she was at risk in the upcoming TC. She shared it with Tyler when Tyler approached her to confirm her name would definitely be coming up. After Jenn found hers there was no upcoming TC, and even if there was, with Joe/Jenn/Hali intact, Will’s boot would have been a foregone conclusion.

If Carolyn decided to share it with Tyler for no other reason than having loose lips because she was unable to contain her excitement about possessing the idol, then you would have a point in criticizing her for not sharing it with others as well…but that’s not how it went down.

There was also the timing element. When Jenn found hers there had to be a legitimate suspicion that a tribal swap was coming in the very near future. It would have made no sense for her to share it even with her most closest Red Tribe ally with the uncertainty of who she would be with after the random draw establishing new tribes.

03-22-15, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "My List:"
1- Mike: He has been presented as being in danger from the moment Sierra said she didn’t trust him and Dan in the premiere. Yet, most of that danger has been complete fabrication. His actions certainly rubbed people the wrong way but his name didn’t even come up when Eczema finally went to Tribal Council. In episode one, Dan said that Mike was the glue that held the tribe together and his attempts at diplomacy showed that he was the only one that could hold the tribe together. His work ethic could be a way to bond with Joe, another hard worker. He only needs to bring Sierra back in the fold and he could have a strong alliance going into a very delicate merger.

2- Kelly: The undercover cop lessons are certainly more valuable than knowing Survivor trivia and Kelly should go far in this game. We know that she sits back and analyzes the players before intervening but that approach can lead to the same problems Stephen faced in Tocantins: No one sees her in action and they would credit Mike more for the results. Can she get out from under the covers and convince a jury that she made the decisions? If these two make it to the end together, the outcome will depend on the answer to that question.

3- Jenn: The woman with the idol can certainly change this game and I wonder if her alliance with Carolyn will hold or if it was just an alliance of convenience. Jenn is an independent woman and I doubt she would stay with a White Collar even if Carolyn hasn’t shown signs of bossiness. Jenn should realize that someone who is so willing to flip on people shouldn’t be trusted in the long run. Now that NoCarrots and Kelly have gained the numbers, it would be a great time to eliminate Carolyn, cutting her from Joaquin and Tyler. Keeping Shirin is much less dangerous.

4- Hali: I loved her initial confessional: "It was pretty delightful to come back to camp and see embers in the fire. That was like a shining hope. You know; we’ve been through the darkest and now we got our embers and we got our fire just blazing.” That reminded me of Nathalie White in Samoa who refused to let the weather and their dwindling numbers diminish her optimism. It's not because she told Will that the vote he received was simply due to the possibility that Nina had an idol that we can say she is riding coat tails. First, she may have been lying to Will. Second, she could have been the one to make that plan. I'm just afraid that her laid back attitude will cost her when the game gets serious.

5- Joe: Even more than Kelly, he found himself in a terrible situation after the swap because he can’t even be the swing vote. It would be easy for the 4 Blue Collars to vote him out without creating an outsider like they would if they voted against one of the two White collars but Joe didn't seem concerned. A strong player would have considered his options: Go along with Sierra or throw her under the bus. Is Joe smart enough to see that he has options? Of course, Eczema is so strong that it makes most competitions uneven but that's Survivor for you.

6- Dan: He may think he is smarter than he looks but he may just be dumber than we thought which is saying something! We have been shown over and over again that Dan’s problem is his mouth so that sets the stage for a huge Final Tribal Failure. The perfect goat is really funny to watch.

7- Sierra: The swap has put her in a very delicate position. Yes, she could flip on her tribe mates but that would be putting an end to her chances of winning the game because they will be there on the jury to make her pay and she won't have any true allies, just players using her vote. She could go back to her fellow Eczema tribe but she will need some reassurances that she wouldn't be the next to go. She should realize that Mike wanted Rodney gone before her.

8- Carolyn: Twice, Carolyn found herself in a situation where she had to play the game and she shined both times. Unlike Kass and Cochran before her, she flipped the game at the right time: Her real allies, Joaquin and Tyler, knew about her plan to eliminate Max and the professor will not be poisoning the jury against her. The problem is that she has shown her new allies that she can't be trusted. Anyone should realize that she had to be tight with someone to survive the first vote and since it didn't look like she was close to Max and Shirin then the others will know that she was aligned with Joaquin and Tyler. Therefore, the time to get rid of Carolyn is now and that wouldn't have happened if she had endured Max and Shirin for another week. In effect, she saved Will but got nothing from him in return. That's not very smart.

9- Shirin: It was funny to hear her confessional about being the one in charge as if she wanted the viewers to know just how good she was, how high they should rate her as a player. It must be hard for her to hear all the comments made by her fellow castaways, realizing how low she actually is

10- Tyler: He had a very interesting confessional about gathering the Misfits but it doesn’t seem that Tyler knows what to do once he’s gotten them.

11- Will: It was nice to see Will getting a nice birthday “party” and hearing him talk about missing his family. He was temporarily in danger but Carolyn's flip saved him and he should easily coast by. Some people are suggestig he should flip on the other NoCarrots since he is 4th in their alliance but 4th is a great place to be. One vote away from the Final TC and with 3 huge jury threats to eliminate. Will would have a much beter chance convincing Joe to boot one of the girls (or get the girls to boot Joe) then to find a solid Final 3 deal elsewhere.

12- Joaquin: He got in trouble with the Messiah tribe when he hooked up too closely with So and he seems to be repeating the same mistake in Eczema with Rodney. If he really had learned more about these people, he would have realized that Rodney was the weak link, the one that could rally Sierra to his side but he seems to want to align with him instead.

13- Rodney: “Mr Gisele Bündchen” (yeah! in his dreams!) may think that he is the leader but he is a “Dumb Player”. As we saw, Mike was Bill Belichick pulling all the strings from behind the scenes. It may very well be that keeping Rodney was the bad decision that will kill the Blue Collars which is saying a lot considering keeping Lindsey was the alternative.

Booted: Lindsey: It's funny that she thinks she was voted out because she was a huge threat to win the game. Just for that, I wish they had kept her to see her get 0 votes in the end.

Max: Instead of memorizing Survivor trivia, Max should have studied the social game. He never realized that Carolyn didn't trust him yet he completely trusted her. So much so that he didn't even talk to her, letting Shirin do all the work. Despite a PhD that super fan was dumb.

03-22-15, 06:24 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My List:"
With the exception of Dan and Tyler your overall ranking makes sense to me.

With Dan we both seem to agree the best he could hope for this season is to make it to FTC only because he was dragged there as a perfect goat. Our difference is for me that scenario puts him in the bottom half of the ranking as opposed to your top half.

I truly believe Tyler sits back and analyzes situations as much, if not more, than Kelly. Yeah, I know we heard it specifically from Kelly when she told us how she would sit back at home and allow a bar fight to possibly get out of hand before intervention. Yet not once but TWICE a tribe mate confided a secret with Tyler and BOTH times he handled it exactly as Kelly stated in her first “noteworthy” confessional of the season.

Did we hear it directly or word-for-word from Tyler? No, but you have been making presumptions galore for Hali right from the beginning. MAYBE she voted for Will to not follow Joe and the Jenn? When she shot that “maybe” down and told us why (which incidentally supported MY assessment) it was followed by another “maybe” she was lying…or “maybe” it was Hali genius brainstorm to split the vote in the first place. Maybe...Maybe...Maybe. It’s not surprising to me the “maybes” you use to pump up your rider does not find its way to Tyler.

Listen, we’re only at episode five. Hey, last season Natalie coasted half the season and only AFTER the merge did she set herself apart as the main player and deserving winner of the game. Could Hali do the same? Absolutely. But my rankings and player assessments are ONLY up to episode five, and up to this current episode Hali has been coasting and riding.

Joe found himself in an even more terrible situation than Kelly??? HUH? What? As the coveted swing vote Kelly’s situation is golden so long as she’s not a moronic idiot to squander the opportunity. Why do you think a savvy player like Carolyn tried so feverishly to take away the role that was gifted to Kelly?

Speaking of Carolyn you bring up a good point that her trust factor may take a hit. The chain of events as you stated in your assessment of Carolyn did occur, but do you think Jenn will be capable of applying the needed Survivor strategy and analysis to lay all that out? I dunno. We know from Jenn’s outstandingly amusing confessionals what complete bizarre creatures Shirin and Max truly are. I honestly believe Jenn and the others will think Carolyn flipped on them to understandably distant herself from those looney tunes.

Of course Natalie White refused to allow the weather and dwindling numbers to diminish her optimism. She was riding Russell’s million-dollar coattail that was delivered by a sore-losing disgruntled Jury.

WOW, that’s quite an assumption you’re making that Kelly would be “making all the decision” in a Mike/Kelly partnership. Quite frankly I don’t see a strong-minded and hard-driven man like Mike allow that to happen. It’s pretty hard to convince a Jury of something that may not have occurred. As much as I believe the duo of Mike/Kelly can be a winning combination, for Kelly to take the title she may have to cut Mike loose and position herself next to a joke like Dan.

HMMMM…then again that could backfire if the Jury is mostly female because we all know that Dan is able to handle women SOOOO well. LMAO!

03-22-15, 08:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: My List:"
The main difference between my rankings of Dan and Tyler is that Dan makes me laugh, often at his own stupidities, while Tyler is boring. I see both as simple characters in someone else's story so I prefer the comedy relief delivered by Dan instead of Tyler's blandness.

Yes, there are similarities between Tyler and Kelly but you must have missed Tyler's early secret scene when he flatly said that he didn't want to talk strategy with anyone and didn't want to look for the immunity idol. He is the very definition of coaster. Don't let his muscles fool you.

Kelly made moves, aligning herself tightly with Mike. We even saw that they discussed the vote between Lindsey and Rodney. Mike didn't say: "I'm voting against Rodney, you do the same." He said he didn't trust Rodney and that Lindsey angered him greatly. From there, they decided together. The fact that, after the vote, Kelly didn't intervene but let Mike explain the vote to Sierra is what tells me that future jurors will have the impression that Mike decided alone and that Kelly was only a sidekick much like the Tocantins jury felt about Stephen who, we know, played a very smart game.

PS. I use "maybes" because so much of what happens on the island is hidden. In the basketball challenge, Sierra looked like she was shooting 90% from the freethrow line and that she made the winning shot. Not only did the following episode's recap clearly show that Rodney made that shot but then we heard from Dan that Sierra missed a ridiculous amount of shots. What is real, what is fabrication? Like I often say, there's very little reality in reality TV.

03-23-15, 06:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: My List:"
I’m happy for you that Dan makes you laugh; personally I can’t find any humor in appropriately being displayed as the jacka$$ he is. As a person of the same gender I find it quite embarrassing.

When you’re talking the first couple days in the game not putting yourself at risk by going full throttle is not a coaster. Approaching a targeted player within the first week and confirming her name will come up at TC is not my definition of laying back either. I’ll say it yet again, for not one but TWO different players to personally confide in him says something. On the flipside it’s not something you would expect to come the way of some wallflower TWO separate times.

Don’t worry...Tyler’s “muscles” don’t fool me none. LMAO. For crying out loud, we’re not talking James Clement here.

Why should Kelly or any player for that matter have to convince a Jury of their proactive play? AHHHH, maybe because they were piggybacking on a more dominate player or were being carried? Any coattailer or UTR player could make that claim whether there’s truth to it or not. After living with these people for 24/7 your actions should speak for themselves. In the last two seasons Tony and Natalie didn’t have to convince anyone they outplayed everyone else that season and made the power moves to win the game. If Stephen’s convincing attempts fell short because he waited until Day 39 at FTC it’s a classic case of “too little too late” and shame on him.

If you want to use “maybes” please be consistent and don’t only use them when they conveniently benefit your favs. Obviously due to the time constraints they are unable to show EVERY minute of EVERY challenge. In a challenge you have your MVPs and your goats; and the editing will put emphasis on those players. In the basketball toss challenge Joaquin and Sierra were depicted as the MVPs and Will was the goat. Whoever scored the most for their teams should be highlighted. Isn’t that what happened?
If you can show me Joaquin did NOT score the most for his team, then the editing was fabricated. If you can show me Sierra did NOT score the most for her team, then the editing was fabricated. If both DID score the most for their respective teams then the editing was accurate and real.

Naturally they won’t show every missed shot. LOL I’m sure there were a helluava lot more missed shots than those made regardless who was taking them.

03-23-15, 10:09 PM (EST)
15. "RE: My List:"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-15 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

Just being a jacka$$ should make you laugh. Come one, loosen up a bit. The guy won't win so he isn't a threat to ruin your season. Just enjoy his total lack of self-awareness.

A player can be an overt leader, which can get him voted out for being bossy, or a covert one. The covert leader pulls the strings behind the scene, makes the decisions but let's someone else carry them out. It's the strategy Tina, Brian, Chris and many others used sucessfully. Even Hatch let Sue act as if she was the boss of Tagi but we knew he was the decision maker. The problem for a covert leader is that the jury may not realize who did the actual work. That's what could happen with Kelly.

I also want to comment on the following: "If you want to use “maybes” please be consistent and don’t only use them when they conveniently benefit your favs."

Since we were talking Hali vs Tyler, I will point out that it isn't because I prefer Hali. She has given us 10 interviews in the first 5 episodes and went to 3 Tribal Councils. In comparison, Tyler has only given 7 interviews (3 in the premiere) and visited TC only once. Hali has had much more substance therefore much more opportunities for me to consider different angles to her story.

As for editing manipulation, look at these gifs that Tribephyl posted after watching the episode 2 challenge and the episode 3 recap.

In the episode, we saw this:

Jeff even said: "Sierra...taking the winning shot...and she does! Escameca wins immunity and reward!".

In the recap, this is what really happened:

I'm not sure how many shots Sierra made but you see that Dan and Mike are in the water so when Dan said that Sierra nearly killed them then you know she missed a ton of them.

That is just one small example that Survivor's reality isn't real.

03-24-15, 06:38 AM (EST)
16. "RE: My List:"
I believe the number of confessionals have a correlation to how many TCs you attended. Generally the tribe as a whole is usually featured in the episode it attended Counsel. So I wouldn't read a whole lot into the number of confessionals Hali had in relation to Tyler when Hali went to three times as many TCs. But forget the numbers game...Who would YOU rather look at on your TV screen...Hali or Tyler??? I'll give you a minute to give that some thought...I'm pretty sure Production doesn't need a whole lot of time to mull that one over! LOL

I'm certain Dan won't win either...I just hate seeing any castaway advance deep in the game for being nothing more than pathetic.

As stated in my prior post whoever made the MOST shots is who the editing focus should be on for that challenge. That accurate claim was made BEFORE watching the clip and I still stand by that accuracy now. Hey if I was editing this challenge to try to fit in a small time slot and Sierra nailed three or perhaps all first four of the scores I wouldn't want some meathead like Rodney to come strolling in and make the last (probably his ONLY) score and pump up like some obnoxious MVP hero he CLEARLY was not. What you orgasm over "edit manipulation" I regard as putting the appropriate focus on who and where it deserves.

"I'm not sure how many shots Sierra made..."

PLEEEEEEASE, COME ON...I'm pretty sure you know or whoever your crack investigative discovery dude is that provided this clip knows for sure. Does anyone reading this know how many shots Sierra made? Because if in fact she made the MOST shots in that challenge even if Rodney or the man-in-the-moon made the final shot the primary objective of putting the primary focus on the tribe's MVP for this challenge had been achieved.

Finally anyone with a coherent brain shouldn't give a poop what Dan said because up to this point everything that has come out of that blowfish's mouth has been nothing short of verbal diarrhea.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •