The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-04, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I got through the opening credits and the rooftop gathering, then lost interest about halfway down the stairs. 'Here's a group of boxers. Here's a bunch of people traveling with them. Here's Oscar, who looks like they're dusting him with bronzing powder between takes. Here's the ugliest, most cracked helipad in the city, which is in no way foreshadowing anything, honest.' Did anyone make it all the way through?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So how far did you make it into... jase 09-10-04 1
 RE: So how far did you make it into... Loree 09-10-04 2
 RE: So how far did you make it into... toddE 09-10-04 3
 RE: So how far did you make it into... Smooth23 09-12-04 4
 RE: So how far did you make it into... SurvivorBlows 09-13-04 5
 RE: So how far did you make it into... brom 09-22-04 6
   RE: So how far did you make it into... Loree 09-23-04 7
 RE: So how far did you make it into... Singsing 09-27-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-10-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I watched the whole thing and thought it was okay for a show about boxing. However, the big problem is that this show (for no logical reason) is on fast-forward. Everything goes at such a fast pace, you don't get to know anything about these boxers everyday lives inside or outside the ring.

It would have been better if they spent the 1st episode introducing each boxer/family member, gave a complete overview of what to expect (types of challenges, rewards, elimination process, etc...) and at the end, a montage of future episodes to give the audience a reason to tune in every week.

Plus, I think the boxing show battles between FOX/NBC worked against TNGC and may very well work against The Contender. I may watch one or two more episodes to see how things progress, but that's about it.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I watched it because the DH wanted to watch. I thought it was interesting they used the Rocky music for the show that is in conflict with Sly's show. Kind of a dig at them or what?

Plus what is going on. There isn't suppose to be crying in boxing, is there? Why was the guy crying?

They did the boxing match so fast that we couldn't tell for sure how it was edited or who would win.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-10-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
Well, this show didn't do well its first airing,but I found it very enjoyable. I like the concept and it's fast moving. More personal time will come as the number of boxers dwindles.
I think the concept is good, I like the way the bottom boxer chooses between the top 3 for the final bout.
Oscar is so bland, I think Sly will be a better tv personality. I know NGC is a rip-off, but I'll be watching every episode.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-04, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I watched it. I understand why they didn't spend more time on introductions and stuff, cause basically its the same thing over and over. Grew up in a bad neighborhood so had to learn to fight cause they were stupid gangbanger wannabees or whatever. I was expecting more coverage of like training and stuff, not 5 second clips of training spliced in with whining. I don't mind seeing the challenge but I thought the editing sucked on it(they didn't even have counters on the screen did they?).
The fight at the end, 4 rounds=12 minutes edited into about 3 minutes. Crappiest editing ever, I'd rather have the full fight shown at the end in real time, and less whining and crap. If you ask me the whole thing about having their family and whatever there is stupid. Will I watch next week? Yep, the previews of someone being sent off in an ambulance sold me for at least one more week.

Overal, I think this show has alot of potential if they would re-edit the remaining episodes to actually be appealing and not a headache.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I actually thought it wasn't THAT bad and managed to watch the whole thing, but quickly comcluded Oscar must have gone to the Trump School Of Television Acting (which is of course, the biggest, best, most over the top school of acting in all the world.)

I also agree that the clearly deceptive editing and "announcing" of the final fight probably pissed some viewers off -- they edited the whole thing as though the underdog was winning big time, then without showing any type of super-incredible comeback by the cocky white kid, suddenly showed him winning overwhelming. That annoyed me.

-SB

brom 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-22-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brom Click to send private message to brom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I've been watching it since it began airring. I was attracted to it because of de la Hoya. Even though he just took a beat down over the weekend I still like the show. They did have a K.O in this weeks show. The first one.Kind of ironic being that it was De la Hoyas first defeat by K.O. too,but that's boxing.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I just caught up on eps and have now seen all 3 eps. My problem is I still can't name all the people. And I find the part with their loved ones boring. I keep waiting till there are less people on the show so I can identify everyone by name.

Singsing 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-27-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Singsing Click to send private message to Singsing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So how far did you make it into The Next Great Champ?"
I watched the two last episodes so far and I really like it!

Too bad it's tanking in the ratings.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •