The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-15-01, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
Before the show started there were interviews w/ each Survivor promoting the show...they were dismissed as non-spoilers cause they were filmed PRIOR to the filming of the show, but I think we may have missed something. The first question is, who prepared the videos for ET, were they done by Burn-it and then sent to ET for their use, or were they done separately by the ET staff...this is important b/c obviously if Burn-it was not supervising the content of the interview footage, you can throw everything I am about to say out the window..so keep that in mind.

I only remember two of the interviews, Vermin's and Benedict Tina's.....here's where it gets interesting.

In Vermin's interveiw, the main point he was getting across was that "I'm here to win and I don't care about any of these people. I'm not here to make friends." Well, as we all know, Vermin DID care about the others in his tribe when it was all said and done, and he DID make friends when he was out there, plenty of them by his post-bootee interview accounts.

Burn-it's not just telling a story about a millionaire, he's also telling a story about how this experience can be life-changing for all 16 of these people...that's the corny fairy tale aspect of it...and this "change" in Vermin is the perfect example. This is one of the stories w/i the story that Burn-it needs in order to make this show work so well..kind of like the way Rudy evolved into a more open minded person on SI with his friendship/partnership with the gay guy.

Now, let's look at BT's interview.

From what I remember, her main point was that she wanted to "get rid of all the mean people and have it end up where all the fun people are the one's left in the end, having a good time with each other and not having to look over their shoulder to the bitter end."

When the show first started I thought the point tha Burn-it was making was that BT was a hypocrite with the way she turned on Kel and MadDog...but, now I'm starting to lean a different way on this one...maybe she WILL end up getting rid of the mean people even if it does hurt her chances at the million, just for the sake of having a better time at the finish line....this is her coming of age story...first she is good, then she is bad and then she sees the light and is good once again...everyone leaves the theatre with a warm feeling in their stomach and immediately buys an Amrecian-made product.

Does anyone remember any of the other interviews??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Remeber the pre-show ET intervi... IceCat 03-15-01 1
   RE: Remeber the pre-show ET intervi... shakes the clown 03-15-01 2
       Good point... IceCat 03-15-01 3
       RE: Remeber the pre-show ET intervi... jkkeller 03-16-01 4
   RE: Remeber the pre-show ET intervi... Remy617 03-16-01 7
   RE: Remeber the pre-show ET intervi... SurvivinDawg 03-16-01 8
 RE: Remeber the pre-show ET intervi... Kokoro 03-16-01 5
   RE: Remeber the pre-show ET intervi... shakes the clown 03-16-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-01, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
I taped over those interviews when I needed a second tape for the episodes

I don't even remember a thing tho...

Your points about the narrative that MB is trying to create are kinda whut I was trying to get across in this posting:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=916&forum=DCForumID2&omm=55

Survivor is ENTIRELY about creating a narrative... and a compelling way to suture the audience into this narrative is to use a moral... to give the story a reason for being... to give the viewer a reason to watch...

The narrative of Tina wanting to have fun and the evil Jerri getting punished in the end are what MB has being building up to...

MB is creating a narrative... at some times a morality tale... and it looks to me like he is leading up to Liz lasting longer than Jerri.

A voting tactics number crunching shows that Jerri cannot be voted off safely until EP11 (due to the possibility of Amber running to the existing Kuchas)

EP9 3 Kuchas 5 Okas
If Jerri goes its 3 Kuchas 4 Okas
Subsequent Amber switch would make 4 Kucha/Amber to 3 Ogakor
Colby/Keith/Tina definitely won't allow a Kucha resurgence.
Therefore Jerri MUST stay in EP9

EP10 2 Kuchas 5 Okas
If Jerri goes its 2 Kuchas 4 Okas
Subsequent Amber switch would make 3 Kucha/Amber to 3 Ogakor
Colby/Keith/Tina are vulnerable in a tie break scenario.
Therefore Jerri MUST stay in EP10

EP11 1 Kucha 5 Okas
If Jerri goes its 1 Kucha 4 Okas
Subsequent Amber switch would make 2 Kucha/Amber 3 Ogakor
Colby/Keith/Tina finally have the mathematical advantage.
Therefore Jerri CAN go in EP11

MB is going to push everyone's Jerri-Hate buttons for EP9 and EP10 until there is an absolute fever pitch... then, when everyone thinks its going to be a Oga final 5 and screaming that its the same as last time... Colby/Keith/Tina will vote Jerri off.

If you do a close analysis of the narrative that MB has been constructing... including Tina's recent comments about having 'nice people' to play the end game (nice supported with your recollections from the interview) you see that Jerri's hubris is being played against the burgeoning relationship between Tina and Liz. The rice cooking incident being the best example, big bad arrogant Jerri slamming poor Liz as she cooks Jerri's and Amber's dinner.

ROFL I just realized MB stole the plot for EP8 from Cinderella...

Amber and Jerri are the wicked step sisters and we have poor CinderLizza...

CinderLizza will lose the rest of her family in EP9 and EP10 including CinderLizza's father (Rodger)...

Then the fairy godmother (Tina) will come in and send one of the wicked step sisters packing EP11...

03-15-01, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
>
>ROFL I just realized MB stole
>the plot for EP8 from
>Cinderella...
>
>Amber and Jerri are the wicked
>step sisters and we have
>poor CinderLizza

....damn, I was hoping no one would pick up on that cause I've been planning to use that analogy ever since I saw those two
b!tches at the TC dinner....oh well, the cat's out of the bag now.

Seriously though, I don't think Tina and KKK are gonna wait that long..despite what strategy dictates...remember KKK's quote, "more than winning the money, ny goal is to make sure she doesn't"

Here is a scenario where BT and KKK can have their cake and eat it to.

e#9 = Goodbye Nick

E#10 = goodbye Jerri

E#11 = KKK and Bt allign with Lizliz and KJ to dump Lamber.

E#12 = KKK and BT swing back to the Colbster and dump Rodger

E#13 = KKK, BT and Colbster dump Lizliz

The Colbster is involved in two alliances, why can't KKK/BT also??

Alicia said it best when she said that there was gonna be 4 kucha's on that jury and these Ogawhores are gonna have to be very concious of that in these next few episodes.....bonding with Lizliz and KJ, even if it just extended their stay by 2 episodes, would be a nice statement to make to the Kucha team...Kucha won't blame them for eventually turning on Liz and Rodger cause that's wha they HAVE to do to win, but dumping Jerri when they DIDN'T have to would probably not be lost on the Kucha.....it would be a risk by KKK/BT but if it works it would dfeinitely get them in good with Kucha and that alone might be worth the risk.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-01, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Good point..."
A bonding moment that preserves both Roger AND Liz would be a very powerful statement, indeed...

Guess it comes down to how the cross-tribe relationships develop and I seriously doubt that Nick will win an immunity challenge.

jkkeller 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-16-01, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkkeller Click to send private message to jkkeller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
WHAT IF...?

Episode #11... Liz and Rodger are approached by Keith and Tina, who want them to align with them to vote off Amber. Liz and Rodger realize that, if they buy into this strategy, they're still toast over the next two weeks. They present the situation to Amber, who aligns with them. The Liz/Rodger/Amber trio vote for Colby, who in a 3-3 tie vote with Amber, is forced out in the tie breaker.

The "NEW KUCHAN ALLIANCE" then votes off Keith and Tina in subsequent episodes, and then bumps off Amber.

Liz and Rodger become the final two.

...cue the sappy music.

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-16-01, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
Awesome post, IceCat!! I really appreciate the intricate plot you have woven. It will be interesting over the next two episodes to see if Amber the Lapdog branches out to make friends with CinderLizza (LMAO). If so, you could be on a roll.

I intially felt Jerri was "dead woman walking" in the next episode, given the Ogas majority, but I have to constantly remind myself that we are all just puppets in the editing hands of Geppetto-nett as he makes his survivors dance to the tune he wants us to see. God, I want her to go, bad, but strategy has to come in over emotion and your scenarios look great.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-01, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
You've just locked in on, and described, one of the most important things that I thought of after E8: Can they get rid of Jerri without alienating Amber to vote with the Kuchas?

The answer, however, is "Yes they can." The show would have us believe that Amber and Colby are beginning to forge a stronger bond. If K/T and the Kuchas all really want Jerri out next time, I'm looking to Colby to bring Amber's way of thinking around. That will make Amber the "black widow" (of Jerri), Jerri will be gone, and everyone will live happier ever after-- until the next Tribal Council.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-16-01, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
Are these the ones you mean Shakes? They're like 30 second clips....(they still work ;)

http://www.etonline.com/html/survivormini/meetcast.html

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

03-16-01, 00:45 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Remeber the pre-show ET interviews back in January???"
>Are these the ones you mean
>Shakes? They're like 30
>second clips....(they still work ;)
>

....those are the same interviews, but since they are just 30 seconds long, they don't have the quotes I was refering to...I just went and played Jeff's and Tina's to confirm.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •