The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Deja vu"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-15-01, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Deja vu"
Doea anyone else think we've seen this before? Let's see, we have a demoralized tribe getting voted off one-by-one, even though the deceptive editing seems to show that they have a chance to avoid annihilation prior to the vote. We have a "spoiler" from the CBS Web site that indicates that a member of that poor decrepit tribe still makes the final two and maybe even wins. And we have people dreaming up editing-fueled scenarios for the solid majority tribe to break and lose control of the endgame.

I've seen it before. It was called Survivor. It ended in August 2000. The "spoiler" was fake, although it was followed by new fake "spoilers" intended to keep us dizzy. The solid tribe didn't break and never even considered breaking until E11, when Kelly might have left the game if not for immunity. And a man and a woman from the solid tribe faced off for the $1 million.

Wake me when something different happens.

Final 2: Mbr and Kan't-Kook-Keith

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Deja vu IceCat 03-15-01 1
 can you say ratings drop? my0wn 03-15-01 2
   RE: Lurking 03-16-01 11
 Confession Play2Survive 03-15-01 3
   RE: Confession sthrnbelle 03-15-01 4
   MB has one thing on his mind, ratin... my0wn 03-15-01 5
       RE: Re-run rudysson 03-15-01 6
           RE: Re-run Play2Survive 03-15-01 7
 RE: Deja vu Fast Eddie 03-15-01 8
   RE: Deja vu Kokoro 03-15-01 9
       RE: Deja vu Minstrel 03-16-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-01, 07:50 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Deja vu"
I think we will 'vu' something we did not 'deja' in EP11...

See this for my theory and a suggested special-effects filled finale

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=916&forum=DCForumID2&omm=55

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-01, 09:58 AM (EST)
2. "can you say ratings drop?"
I don't see any of the ogakors changing sides at all, they all know that if they go against Jerri in the final 2 that the 4 Kucha members will most likely vote against Jerri. I am trying really hard to find a reason to watch before EP 11, but I just don't see the Kuchas making it. IF MB was smart he would let Alicia slip up about something to give a reason to watch.

Giving how upset everyone was last year with Tagi it's amazing that MB would use the same line of editing to make everyone like Kucha only to see them picked off one by one. MB must think we are stupid not to realize that there is no way Ogakor is going to risk loosing the $$. Last nights editing should be proof, of what will come. They will continue to show how everyone hates ME-nthey and get the viewers hopes up for nothing. The whole Colby lying to Jerri thing, no doubt was him saying he is going to align with Keith and Tina (no idea why) not that he was going to hop on the vote Jerri band wagon. Unless by some miracle Liz can convince one of the Ogakors that they need her and Kucha every last one of the Kuchas is gone (unless one of them wins Immunity every show) Hey maybe MB helps kucha out with the immunity challenges, I doubt he is that smart.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-01, 09:22 AM (EST)
11. "RE:"
The previews don't suggest that to me.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-01, 10:15 AM (EST)
3. "Confession"
Deep down, AyaK, I know you're right.....that's my confession, and I'll say it here this one time only. I'm doing my best to find reasons to believe otherwise, because it helps get me through these painful weeks. Now moving on....

My question is this: would MB use EXACTLY the same methods (editing, etc) he did in S1? Something tells me a long (and now longer) series of weeks of depressing let-downs could be disastrous for MB and Survivor. If it was an Ogie sweep, would he go to such GREAT LENGTHS to thoroughly deceive and piss off America? I mean c'mon, E8 basically told the story of how a nation tumbles - you know, in a very Shakespearean sort of way.

I just don't know if MB could ever be forgiven if he fails to come through on what the "interesting" developments he suggested this week.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick.

sthrnbelle 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-01, 11:38 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Confession"
Can I join the pity party?? I too am just about fed up with the whole show. I truly can't bear to see the Ogs pull this one out. I also feel like this is a complete repeat of last season and if it carries itself out to fruition, I won't be partaking of SIII. My only hope is that now that the Kucha are down to three, Jerri can be voted off by the Ogs and Kuchas so the game can go back to being half-way interesting. In the ideal scenario, I would like to see Nick go next and then Jerri followed by Amber. I could live with Liz and KJo leaving at this point. But if Nick is voted off followed by KJo, I am gone too! Sigh! Why do the b**thches always win?!?

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-01, 11:46 AM (EST)
5. "MB has one thing on his mind, ratings!"
I don't think he gives a damn if we are upset, look at the past statements he has made about this show.

1. Alliances don't play as pivotal roll in this show as they did in the last. Tell that to Jeff, Alicia and the rest that have been voted off before them! Both tribes have had alliances from hour 1.

2. No one is seriously injured. Well now I don't know what he calls serious, but 2nd degree burns that took Mike OUT of the game is a tad serious in my book.

3. Things will become very interesting after the merger. Really? did he get it on film? All I saw was how tight Jerri and Amber were, and how everyone else hates Jerri. Wow big surprise there!

I know there are others as well, but I feel that what ever he says we might as well believe the opposite. As much as it pains me to say so his statement that bothers me the most is when he said, unlike the first show we would be happy with the winner, (I was actually happy Rich beat Kelly)well the one person winning that would make me very unhappy would be Jerri.

It makes me wonder if this recap he is doing, is to show another side of Ogakor, and get people to like them so they wont be so upset when all the Kuchas are voted off and Scary wins. Wishful thinking on his part, the show is too predictable. Instead of breaking the 16 people up into two tribes it should be a free for all. Make them work for it a bit harder.

rudysson 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-01, 12:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Re-run"
I agree this show is like a bad re-run. I can even see Jerri (aka Rich) winning. If she and Amber are the final two, she can appeal to the jury how she played the game and Amber just coasted. If that happens I will not watch SIII for another re-run.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Re-run"
Jerri will not win this game. And Jerri is no Rich. What Jerri will never be able to do, which Rich was, is earn the respect of the tribal jury. I think the statement that you will be happy with the winner, may suggest Jerri is in final 2 and loses. Who the %$^& knows!

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-15-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Deja vu"
Looks like you don't understand the game. In SI, you did NOT have one tribe picking off the other. You had a solid alliance going after the most dangerous non-allied people before they knew what was going on and organize a counter-alliance. Those were all in the other tribe, which was clueless except for Grechen (hence making her the first target). Sean's silly system made him harmless and even an unwitting ally, because they could make use of his vote.

This time there are no solid alliances. In the first vote after the merger, they did indeed play foolishly and stick to loyalties to non-existent tribes. However, last night was very clever. They could have dumped Jerri but then Alicia would have been hard to dislodge. With Alicia gone, there is no more threat in the old Kuchas.

Henceforth you'll see no more old tribe stuff. They may go for Jerri next, or they may be smart enough to realize that she is the best person to keep till the very end, as nobody would vote for her. Whatever strategy they adopt, I doubt very much you'll hear any more talk of Kucha and Ogakor.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-01, 07:45 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Deja vu"
<<clueless except for Grechen>>
Actually, she was just as clueless as the rest of her tribe(she thought this game was about actual survival; voting for the weakest) and being the "leader" what happened was partially her fault.

<<Sean's silly system made him harmless and even an unwitting ally>>
I don't think it was unwitting. His many announcements in Ep9 about Jenna were painfully obvious.

<<In the first vote after the merger>>
Eh...first two votes; Greg was just as bad as Gretchen

<<Whatever strategy they adopt, I doubt very much you'll hear any more talk of Kucha and Ogakor.>>
This looks like wishful thinking....but this thread is kinda depressing so I'll hope right along with you.

Aack, I can't believe I'm speculating on last year! ^-^;;

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-16-01, 02:46 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Deja vu"
I can see Elisabeth, Amber, Colby, Tina, or Keith winning. The scenarios are many. I can also see Jerri making the final two. All hypothesis, but still probable. Nick is to sick and would be a target, Rodger may go farther, but will eventually die even if it is in the final three. Elisabeth has to escape E9 for her to do it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •