The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Best News I've Gotten All Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-03, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Best News I've Gotten All Week"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-03 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

Hot Cocoa, the Healthy Drink?

FRIDAY, Dec. 5 (HealthDayNews) -- That cup of hot cocoa may do more than just warm your body and spirit after you spend an evening skating on the pond. It may actually offer you some health benefits.

Hot cocoa contains more antioxidants per cup than a similar serving of red wine or tea and may be a healthier choice, says a Cornell University study. Antioxidants are chemicals believed to help fight cancer, heart disease and aging.

The researchers found that, on a per-serving basis, the antioxidant concentration in cocoa was almost two times stronger than in red wine, two to three times stronger than in green tea, and four to five times stronger than in black tea.

The study also says hot cocoa triggers the release of more antioxidants than cold cocoa.

Many other kinds of popular beverages, including coffee and cranberry juice, also contain high levels of antioxidants but they weren't evaluated in this study. Experts say the best way to obtain plenty of antioxidants is to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables.

The study, which appears in the current issue of the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, was partially funded by the Rural Development Association of South Korea.

Yet another Jslice masterpiece!
ExI will bring the marshmallows.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week KObrien_fan 12-05-03 1
   RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week ExInterper 12-05-03 2
 RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week Schnookie Palookie 12-06-03 3
   Diet Swiss Miss moonbaby 12-06-03 6
 RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week ashleybfogg 12-06-03 4
 YAY Jims02 12-06-03 5
   MMMMM. ashleybfogg 12-06-03 10
 RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week woeisme1 12-06-03 7
   LOL! moonbaby 12-06-03 8
       RE: LOL! woeisme1 12-06-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-05-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week"
Can I have the glass of red wine that it says also has antioxidents and you can have the cocoa?

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-03, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week"
You can always do both! (Though I'll probably keep the cocoa for tonight...it's cold out. Wonder if I have any Bailey's left in the fridge....)

Yet another Jslice masterpiece!
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week"

Yeah, but it's probably got a lot more calories

*loves hot coco with marshmallows*

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Diet Swiss Miss"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-03 AT 03:53 PM (EST)

25 calories. Probably more if you add whipped cream and kahlua

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-06-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week"
Thanks ExI!
Thanks to you, I just got back with the best milk (Strauss organic - has cream on top...) to go with the Ghirardelli's cocoa I have in the cupboard. Yum! We don't usually use milk for much around here, but I was doing this last winter and loved it!

it's gonna be rainy, but cozy tonight!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "YAY"
I have this HUGE box of Swiss Miss packets in my room. I haven't used very much of it until recently, because well, it's cold, and I just want to get rid of it.

(I'm very anti-waste)

And now you're telling me that I'll be more healthy for it? GLEE!

*gonna go get cocoa now*

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-06-03, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "MMMMM."
I just got mine. Wany some kahlua with that Jims?

I just saw the cutest garfield downtown - he had a hat on just like yours! That was you?

woeisme1 4081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-06-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Best News I've Gotten All Week"

I thought I'd share a few other new things about chocolate.

Chocolate is a vegetable. How, you ask? Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.

To go one step farther, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

The problem: How to get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car. The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.

If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

If you eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, the calories actually counteract each other.

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated. You can't let that happen, can you?!

Just saying.

An original Sonny Crockett creation
I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "LOL!"
My favorite:
If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

woeisme1 4081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-06-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: LOL!"

That was my PSA for the day--I don't even DO chocolate. But that was too fun to NOT post.

An original Sonny Crockett creation
I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •