The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Assistant"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-27-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Assistant"
Is anyone watching this?? Last weeks episode was too funny. But this weeks episode seemed to be a little fake to me. Everything looked set up. What does everyone else think?

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Assistant toddE 07-27-04 1
   RE: The Assistant datijolemom 07-28-04 2
       RE: The Assistant reversehalo 07-31-04 3
           RE: The Assistant MollyTV 08-01-04 4
               RE: The Assistant dabo 08-01-04 5
                   RE: The Assistant skyhoneybear 08-02-04 6
                       RE: The Assistant toddE 08-03-04 7
           RE: The Assistant arkiegrl 08-03-04 8
 RE: The Assistant dabo 08-10-04 9
   That Bastardo clipped Stephani! toddE 08-10-04 10
       RE: That Bastardo clipped Stephani! dabo 08-10-04 11
 RE: The Assistant Shannon022 08-11-04 12
   RE: The Assistant dabo 08-12-04 13
 RE: The Assistant rls73 08-14-04 14
   RE: The Assistant MollyTV 08-14-04 15
       RE: The Assistant toddE 08-17-04 16
           RE: The Assistant skyhoneybear 08-17-04 17
 RE: The Assistant RealityRyan 08-17-04 18
   RE: The Assistant FlamingCactusIT 08-18-04 19
       RE: The Assistant dabo 08-20-04 20
           RE: The Assistant skyhoneybear 08-20-04 21
   RE: The Assistant MaryK 08-22-04 22
       Next Week is the Finale, Yawn toddE 08-24-04 23
 any comments on the finale? toddE 08-31-04 24
   RE: any comments on the finale? dabo 08-31-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-27-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Assistant"
I kind of agree, the whole birthday party thing seemed staged, as did Andy's "I'm having one of the worst days of the year" act.
But Andy's doing an Andy--Kaufman, that is--thing. Sometimes he's putting on a front, sometimes he's being himself. Who knows when?

I liked the episode--especially poor Nikeda. AD doesn't care about pc either, chopping both black girls at once, ouch! But the whole "birthday part--it's not my birthday" I don't know about, but I do think his ex-girlfriend was really p.o'd and really did throw the drink at him.

datijolemom 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-28-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail datijolemom Click to send private message to datijolemom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Assistant"
From what i understand Andy is dating a girl from the show

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-31-04, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Assistant"
Isn't Andy married? I was watching Trading Spaces a while back and Andy and his wife(at least I thought she was)were on the show. I was suprised when he was making out with Trashy of the Surreal Life but thought maybe it was just an act. I guess the marriages and divorces of B and C actors isn't too news worthy.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-01-04, 05:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Assistant"
i am not completely positive but i remember hearing andy on howard stern and saying he was divorced and talking about his kids...i also remember seeing him on isaac misrahi show and saying he was single but tri( will try anything)...isaac was asking if he was gay.
i get the feeling he is single right now.
mollytv

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Assistant"
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/0722dick.html

Andy Dick dating contestant on 'Assistant'

Dick, co-star of the '90s sitcom "NewsRadio," said during Howard Stern's radio show Monday he's dating one of the female contestants.

According to Stern's official Web site, after "The Assistant" wrapped, Dick "gave everyone his cell phone number and some of the girls called him to hang out. Now he's seeing one of the girls from the show, but he's not ready to settle down with just one girl."

MTV declined Wednesday to comment about Dick's personal life.

And I too thought the "worst day of my life not my birthday" party business came off as pathetically badly staged.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

08-02-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Assistant"
I wonder who he is dating?

08-03-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Assistant"
Anna is the hottie, but I imagine Tanika being the most crazy, Andy-compatible choice.

I can't believe he clipped Mark. He was great! All the other contestants were surprised as well. He really brought a lot to the show, especially compared to, say, Melissa or Mykel.

Of all the contestants, Colin is clearly most Andy's type, that's who I think Andy wants to "assist" him.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Assistant"
I saw that episode of TS, and the girl was a friend and, if I remember correctly, a former girlfriend.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

08-10-04, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Assistant"
The Andy has managed to eliminate the three best players in the last two episodes, darn it! Sick Day was hilarious, Campout really blew chunks tho.

4 are left, does anyone care at this point?

SMILES ARE FREE

08-10-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
10. "That Bastardo clipped Stephani!"
Bad enough he clipped Mark last week.
Then he randomly clips the most excellent of all candidates, Stephani--she was great!
And as a capper, he gets rid of Anna.

So who is left? Colin, Andy's wet dream: Mykel, rumored to win, no personality to speak of: Melissa, like Mykel except not rumored to win. Tanika, high strung psycho, best remaining candidate. So watch him get rid of Tanika next.

Crazy! All through the episode I was hoping Andy would do a Niketa and bring back Stephani, maybe next week?

08-10-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
11. "RE: That Bastardo clipped Stephani!"
Yeah, he should have brought Stephani back; this whole "I just made this up and you lost" thing really sucks (but I guess it is pretty realistic of how things work especially in Hollyweird).

At this point I'm only watching the show for entertainment, I don't care about the game any longer.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Shannon022 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shannon022 Click to send private message to Shannon022 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Assistant"
This show is very intresting. Andy is a weirdo, and I think he acts this way for the cameras and he is "known" to be a bit crazy. I think Anna was the best one, she shouldnt of had to go.

08-12-04, 01:30 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Assistant"
The Andy is definitely "on" whenever the cameras are rolling, he's playing to character and loving every second of it. Anna would have deserved the chop had she gotten it for blowing her assignment on sick day, as it was she got the chop for being a kissass when up to then The Andy had been rewarding kissasses.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

rls73 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-14-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rls73 Click to send private message to rls73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Assistant"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-04 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

The entire show seems fake. I get the impression that all his unpredictable behavior is just him playing for the camera.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-04, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Assistant"
thats exactly what it is...that is why i love andy...he is such a nincompoop.
molly

08-17-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Assistant"
The whole show is a little sketchy because Andy is maybe just too bizarre to ever know what is going on. I was sure one of the two remaining guys would win, instead he clips them both! But next week's promo doesn't say final episode or anything.
I wonder what will happen.

08-17-04, 04:38 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Assistant"
Last night episode was weird. I now believe that everything is setup. I mean, I think they really made the reservations for the limo and spa. Wouldn't you have to request a pink limo?

But why would they put a reservation under Andy? and not Andy Di(K?

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-17-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Assistant"
I'm sorry, but this show completely blows... it has no redeeming qualities at all. I was watching it (because there was nothing better on) up until he randomly cut Stephani, and then I just couldn't take it anymore. It's not funny, it's not witty, it's not fresh... everything is so completely over-the-top and contrived, it makes me want to take a shower and wash off all the filth after watching it.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Assistant"
The Assistant is definitely staged! Especially the Andy's Girlfriend Spa Ep. It was definitely fixed that they had no reservations and had to go to the Best Western, because that Queer Eye Thing looked like they planned that for more than 2 hours! I don't care about the competition either. I'm just watching for the humor, and what Reality Show Elimination He'll use next. So far we have:

1. The Bachelor
2. Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
3. America's Next Top Model
4. Survivor
5. The Apprentice
6. Amazing Race???
7. Meet My Folks
8. American Idol

08-20-04, 01:12 AM (EST)
20. "RE: The Assistant"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-04 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

Gosh, the Andy has two lovely women as his finalists, who'd a thunk! I'm fairly certain his ex-most-recent-girlfriend was playing a part as well.

On a serious note: The Andy really should do something about his hair. Jonathan's Salon, just sayin'.

SMILES ARE FREE

08-20-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
21. "RE: The Assistant"
I think they are bringing someone back for the last episode. I caught some of the previews for next weeks episode and I saw a guy behind the girls.

MaryK 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-04, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryK Click to send private message to MaryK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Assistant"
I agree it is acting pure and simple...forget reality!!! How come we can see this at home, but the contestants and Andy act like it is really happening?

08-24-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
23. "Next Week is the Finale, Yawn"
I have gone from totally into to totally fed up with Andy's antics. Bringing back Mark now is weak, he's been gone forever. So why bring him back? So he can win? Was the wheel rigged so that Mark, who is obviously a producers' fave, could eat the day old brownie and Tanika, who had to go, got the head cheese popsicle? Methinks so. Since there is only one episode to go, I'll stick it out. But this show has gone from cool to cold.

08-31-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
24. "any comments on the finale?"
I was honestly expecting Andy to bring back another ousted player and say something like "both of you beeyutches are clipped, so I had to bring Niketa back again" or something.

I was glad to see Melissa win, though. Like Andy said, she was always there for him and put up with his ridiculous behavior extremely well.

I can sort of see what Andy & Co. were going for with this series, but after a promising start it sort of fizzled.

08-31-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
25. "RE: any comments on the finale?"
Definite fizzle factor, unfortunately. Amusing, but The Andy's increasingly erratic behavior (probably too Hollywood reality for TV) made a complete shambles of the game itself.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •