The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Studio 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-04, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Studio 7"
Anyone watching this? It's kind of a Big Brother/Weakest Link hybrid on the WB (yeah, I know) Thursdays at 9/8 Central (after BB5 if you're watching that). Not really that bad.

Basically it's a standard game show with the added element that the contestants actually live together for a week before the show airs. They can form alliances, pool knowledge, whatever. It's a real "current events" type show too. Round 1 is the 21st Century, Round 2 is the year 2004, Round 3 is the last 30 days. Round 4 is a "specialized knowledge" round (last night was music from 1985), Round 5 is a "memorization" round (last night they had to recite the Razzie award winners from 2003 back to like 1985), and the final round is events of the last 7 days.

In the first 3 rounds, the first 2 players to miss questions are put "on the Block", and the remaining contestants vote on which player will leave the game. In a tie, it goes to a sudden death quick Q&A. In round 4, the first player to miss a question is eliminated. Round 5, the player who recites the fewest elements of the memorization before getting one wrong is out. In the final round, the players have as much time as they need to get 7 questions correct. Once the first player has gone, the 2nd player has to get 7 questions correct in less time to win. Both players are given the same questions.

Each weekly winner gets $77,000, and in the final game, all 7 winners will come back to compete for $777,000. Not a bad haul.

The added twist here is a silver ring that each player wears around their neck. Once during the game, they can take off the ring, throw it into the "Pool of Seven" (cheesy, yes) and ask any one player for help. But that player doesn't HAVE to help. They can bluff, help, or just out and out say they're not going to help. This and the eliminations are where the relationships formed over the previous week really come in useful.

Suprisingly good outing from the WB, though. If you missed it, it's going to be on again Sunday night at 7/6 central I believe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Studio 7 skyhoneybear 07-23-04 1
   RE: Studio 7 Draco Malfoy 07-23-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Studio 7"
I watched it right after BB went off. I thought they were going show more of them in the house. I really liked it to because they used recent events for the questions. Amadou kicked butt in the memory game, I don't even think that I would have remembered that much.

The only thing that was weird was when they wanted help, they would toss the rings around their neck into the pool of water with the 7 on the bottom.

Did anyone else watch?

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Studio 7"
I liked that we weren't beaten over the head with the "in-house" stuff. Enough to show us what went on, but not so much that we hated EVERYONE. Or maybe they don't want to reveal too much for those who might become contestants.

I just figured the "throwing the ring in the pool" represented "pooling knowledge". It is a nice design statement they're making with the set. I really hope this show sticks around.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •