The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brandon rox!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-11-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brandon rox!"
Ok, here's a post from another gay guy. When I first saw Brandon on this show and saw what a nellie queen he was, I thought, "OMG, this is so embarassing for all gay people everywhere. They totally cast the stereotype for this round of Survivor." And then there was that whole bow-and-arrow incident. I said, "Honey, get a wrist brace!" But he made it to the merge, and even looked like a contender until he voted for Kelly instead of Lex. (Dumb move, DA, and I don't mean District Attorney, either.)

But then once he was booted his publicity interviews basically said that he wanted to be portrayed against the stereotype and that he really didn't want to be seen as permiscuous. (OK, so you are trapped in the middle of Africa; how promiscuous can you be?!) But I loved that he took his 15 minutes of Andy Warhol to make his statement for the les/bi/gay community that we aren't all whoes that tramp around all the time for sex. We are all normal people who happen to have more fashion sense than the rest of the world.

Brandon, and I know you are out there, I hope I can follow in your footsteps. I have a partner, and we just celebrated our 1st year together. Thanks for sending that message out there. (Loved the sarong! Thx for making Frank wear it also!)

Peace Out!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brandon rox! ItzLisa 01-11-02 1
   RE: Brandon rox! JohnMc 01-11-02 2
       RE: Brandon rox! Ianm1225 01-15-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-11-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brandon rox!"
Hi, JohnMc!

Yes, I liked the way Brandon made it clear that this is what he wanted to get across to the public. Somewhere else (on Fanatics?) there's a thread with his entire interview to the Advocate. You may have even been the one who posted it, LOL!! Anyway, I think it's great that he's taking this stand.

And he's also alot of fun when he's "a raving b.itch", as he put it last night, LOL!!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-11-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brandon rox!"
Hi, Lisa!

No, I didn't post the Advocate article, but I have to admit that I took a total change of heart toward him as the season progressed. I'm proud of him for being comfortable in his own skin and for being who he is.

Plus, he does seem like he'd be a ton of fun. I'd LUV to have him over at a party!

Ianm1225 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-15-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ianm1225 Click to send private message to Ianm1225 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brandon rox!"
I agree with your opinions of Brandon. I think it's great to see a gay man in his mid 20s who has the moral fabric that he does. I wish the show would have shown much more of the fun-loving, nice side of Brandon. My partner of 2 years and I were rooting for him, and we thought after he voted off Kelly that Samburu would take it, but unfortunately that didn't happen! I think that Brandon was a good role model (perhaps more off the show than on). Here is a good-looking gay guy that both men and women are attracted to! I live in upstate NY, just a few miles outside of Odessa where Frank is from, and got to listen to all the negative remarks about Brandon from the Frank-lovers. If you ever read this, Brandon, please believe me when I say that not everyone from this region is like Frank! I wish you all the luck in the world, and hope that you find that special someone in your life! Would love to have the chance to shake your hand and congratulate you for being the bravest and most fun Survivor this season!
Best regards to Brandon and all his fans,
Ian

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •