The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's World Poker Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-23-04, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's World Poker Challenge"
Here is the World Poker Tour's website's official preview

This week, the WPT welcomes six new faces – three amateurs, two pros and one legend – for the 4th Annual World Poker Challenge in the “Biggest Little City in the World,” Reno, Nevada. 342 players converge at the beautiful Reno Hilton, ponying up a $5,000 entry fee, and sit down to wrestle over the lion’s share of a $1,600,000 prize pool. With over $600,000 going to the winner of this No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em gunfight, the three amateurs – former Wall St. trader Pete Muller, retired Navy man Harry Knopp, and building contractor Michael Kinney – try to put the screws to the two pros – former sports bookmaker, Tony Bloom of London, tough tournament pro Young Phan – and the legend, Paul “Eskimo” Clark, an intimidating mountain of a man with numerous trophies. Be sure to tune in to this, the final stop on the WPT prior to the World Championship at Bellagio, for a brisk battle of wills, chip chatter, and desperate moves, as six competitors cross swords for that last $25,000 guaranteed seat at the year end tourney...

Well, this looks to be an interesting week. Amateurs usually make for a good, exciting, and always surprising times. Two pros that I admittedly have never heard of will provide some experience, and Eskimo? He just looks intimidating and cool. I'm excited for the final week before the championship, which looks to be for a massive amount of money.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's... Fishercat 06-23-04 1
   RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's... dabo 06-24-04 2
       RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's... Fishercat 06-24-04 3
           RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's... dabo 06-24-04 4
               RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's... Fishercat 06-24-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-23-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's World Poker Challenge"
Definitely a great episode with a disappointing ending.

Young Phan- Not around long, seems like a spoil sport
Tony Bloom- All I know is Eskimo knocked him out and I didn't see him play a lot.
Pete Muller- Didn't see a lot of him, he misplayed some hands, but he seemed like an easy going guy and a fun player to watch
Harry Knopp- Now, that's a funny guy. Never thought I'd get a 66 year old trash talking NAVY man on the WPT. He was a joy to watch, very amusing to say the least
Paul "Eskimo" Clark- One of the more entertaining fellows to play, just because of his grizzly Adams type stature at the table.
Michael Kinney- Good bluffer who seems to win a lot of hands he should have lost. Blargh.

Next week is the Championship!
---

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-24-04, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's World Poker Challenge"
Eskimo has the absolute best poker face I've ever seen. Solid as a rock.

There is an old adage: The best swordsman in the world does not fear the second best swordsman in the world, he fears the worst.

Only an unpredictable amateur could have gotten the best of this guy. Very interesting game, one of the best yet.

06-24-04, 00:32 AM (EST)
3. "RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's World Poker Challenge"
Completely agreed on all counts. Eskimo is definitely in the Top group of poker faces that I have seen in my short fandom of poker. He was as solid as you could get out there. Although Chris Masterson (Celebrity Poker last week) had a nice poker face, Eskimo just blew him out of the water.

And the adage (never heard it before and I'll have to use it sometime) is spot on as well. The amateur got pretty darn lucky (and pretty darn gutsy) to win the title from Eskimo, I doubt he could do it again. Eskimo showed tonight the reason he has multiple gold bracelets. It was still a very good episode despite the fact that I accidentily found out what happened.

Next week has two pros and four amateurs (The most notable player is Hasim Habib (sp?), talented guy). Should be a good finale.
---

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-24-04, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's World Poker Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-04 AT 00:42 AM (EST)

Yes, there were some gutsy bets, but the heads-up play with the final two got erratic at times. It came down at the end to drawing the better hands, not being the better player, and it just wasn't Eskimo's night. Well, that's poker. Next week should be very interesting.

Oh, and the original form of the adage as I heard it: The best swordsman in France ... well, whatever that's worth. It's still a good adage, though.

06-24-04, 00:54 AM (EST)
5. "RE: World Poker Tour: Reno Hilton's World Poker Challenge"
Well, even the best player needs some luck to win, and it seems that the amateur got a lot of it. That's poker and I doubt the Eskimo could have done a lot more to win.

Big money next week though.
---

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •