The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Rob seem very willing to use money and people to get ahead of the game. Nothing wrong with that, but will the racers notice that the only one who really seems to benefit from alliances with Rob is Rob.

He basicly got others (pocketed his own money) to pay the driver to open only the front door. Did any of the teams with him come out ahead, if my memory is right - NO!

Has Rob already gotten the other racers to avoid alliances with him in the future?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... collectsdolls 03-09-05 1
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... KObrien_fan 03-09-05 2
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... ftaok 03-09-05 3
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... seahorse 03-09-05 4
       RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... Earl Colby Pottinger 03-09-05 9
 Rob is a DAW, plain and simple HobbsofMI 03-09-05 5
   RE: Rob is a DAW, plain and simple LibraRising 03-09-05 28
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... Oscirus 03-09-05 6
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... Urban_Kitten 03-09-05 7
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... FesterFan1 03-09-05 8
       RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... Oscirus 03-09-05 10
           RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... FesterFan1 03-09-05 14
               RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... landruajm 03-09-05 22
               word. cqvenus 03-09-05 23
               RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... TechNoir 03-09-05 32
               RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... PepeLePew13 03-09-05 35
           RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... happjack2002 03-09-05 15
               RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... seahorse 03-10-05 38
           RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... Tahj 03-09-05 16
               RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... anotherkim 03-09-05 36
           RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... arturbars 03-09-05 27
               RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... nailbone 03-09-05 29
                   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... Oscirus 03-10-05 39
       RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... StarryLuna 03-09-05 31
   typical hater shakes the clown 03-09-05 18
       RE: typical hater Oscirus 03-10-05 40
           RE: typical hater PepeLePew13 03-11-05 43
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... TechNoir 03-09-05 34
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... mrc 03-09-05 11
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... Swami 03-09-05 13
       Why worry about the yeild? tamarama 03-09-05 21
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... bacon 03-09-05 12
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... ginger 03-09-05 17
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... dirob 03-09-05 19
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... BriarRosie 03-10-05 41
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... skeetergirl87 03-09-05 20
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... ginger 03-09-05 24
       Be fair to Amber collectsdolls 03-09-05 25
           RE: Be fair to Amber ginger 03-09-05 26
               Second coming Robotext 03-09-05 30
                   RE: Second coming TechNoir 03-09-05 33
                       RE: Second coming anotherkim 03-09-05 37
                       RE: Second coming BriarRosie 03-10-05 42
                           RE: Second coming Robotext 03-11-05 44
                               RE: Second coming BriarRosie 03-11-05 45
 RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... J Slice 03-15-05 46
   RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridg... okaychatt 03-16-05 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

collectsdolls 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail collectsdolls Click to send private message to collectsdolls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
uhhhhhh what about team POW/WOW?.... No 2 at the pitstop.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-05, 05:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
And how about Ray and Deana, #3? He and his alliances benfitted from the bus opening at the front, and they don't know that he pocketed the extra 5 bux.

ftaok 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-05, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ftaok Click to send private message to ftaok Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
As pointed out above, both Ray/Deana and Ron/Kelly finished 2nd and 3rd. Ukenda and wife also benefitted. The 4 teams that got off the bus first made it to the Roadblock first. 3 of the 4 teams finished quick enough to get on the first flight. Ukenda's wife wasn't so good at shining shoes and fell back.

So yeah, the bribe did help the teams.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-05 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

No doubt, at this point the teams that paid the extra $5 benifitted from the bus driver's actions. None of them know Rob did not spend any of his own money.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
I said it was from memory, and I am getting old.

I stand corrected.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Rob is a DAW, plain and simple"
The more I think about it the more it fits that Rob is the biggest DAW of them all and just wants to be on camera so he is going to continue to do things like this because he knows that:
a) He cannot be voted out
b) Alliances don't work on TAR's as well as Survior (and most they only good for short terms - one, two legs or even one to two clues max)
C) He is a DAW, he is a DAW, he is a DAW!

They are a strong team and they will do well but Rob just wants to see his mug and hear his stupid comments on TV.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-09-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rob is a DAW, plain and simple"
I second that. And I hope it's his downfall. I hope he does something so over the top that he gets a game-killing penalty or gets cocky enough to make a major screw-up.

Besides, Romber aren't THAT smart. Yeah, finding out about the faster bus was good, but Lynn/Alex figured it out, too. Keeping the door closed wasn't Rob's idea; it was Ray's (although ripping off his allies was pure Rob). And they lucked out on a detour that happened to highlight his construction skills.

The only reason they steamrolled in all-stars was because they were playing against a bunch of lazy people whose DAW ability equal Rob's.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-09-05, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Rob is so done. He is playing a stupid game, pissing off power teams but not eliminating them. That fool will go down in flames Amber will kick him to the curb where he will be lying in a pool of his own tears.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

>Rob is so done.
Oh man - I hope you're not saying that just to make feel better!

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
(Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.)

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

Power teams? You are joking, aren't you? Who are these alleged power teams they're pissing off?

And how is what Rob did any different than what Debbie and Bianca did when they flat-out lied to Ron and what's-her-name?

This isn't Survivor. Alliances, the long-term sort, don't work. Every stage you do what you can for yourself. It's not social like Survivor in that regard. It's dog eat dog. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how Rob is playing thus far.

Fester

03-09-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Power teams? You are joking, aren't you? Who are these alleged power teams they're pissing off?

Debbie and Bianca for one, Susan and Patrick,. Not to mention the other teams rob pissed off with his dum a55ed lie about the guards who while not power players could have an effect on their game later on.

And how is what Rob did any different than what Debbie and Bianca did when they flat-out lied to Ron and what's-her-name?

Debbie and Bianca damn near eliminated their targets while rob s just succeeded in putting a target on his back. All Rob did was let everybody know that he was a liar. To make it short he pissed off way more teams then they did.

This isn't Survivor. Alliances, the long-term sort, don't work. Every stage you do what you can for yourself. It's not social like Survivor in that regard. It's dog eat dog. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how Rob is playing thus far.

In theory you are correct but in actuality when you are pissing off teams because you are being a daw you wind up screwing yourself , Rob is doing all this way too early and they will be gone in a few weeks due to their stupid gameplay.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Debbie and Bianca and Susan and Patrick? 2 teams who finished 6th and 8th, respectively. Frankly, I think it's more likely that their preoccupation with Rob is going to be their downfall. And I disagree that D & B's lie almost eliminated their competition. It only put them on Flight #3, which, as it turned out, is exactly the same flight they would've been on if they had gotten a ticket for Flight #2. No, it was their own cluelessness that almost lost it for them.

Every season we see teams try to "take down" other teams. The only time you could even argue that worked was when Colin and Christie were yielded. So if you're saying Rob and Amber are setting themselves up to be yielded, I'll agree with that. If that happens to do them in? Maybe you have a point. However, Freddy and Kendra were yielded. How'd that one work out?

I'll bet Rob wants the other teams to focus on him rather than on the race. If the other teams want to treat this game like Survivor, let them. Rob sure as hell isn't.

I don't think Rob and Amber will win, but if/when they are Philiminated, it will be because of something they did during that stage of the race, and not because of something another team does.

Fester

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
What Fester said, in every respect.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "word."

fester is right.

just sayin'.

~ cq

actually *likes* rob's game this time

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Me three.

But.

This is NOT a Mark Burnett production. I don't think Mr. Bruckheimer has the wherewithall to adapt in the middle of the game to ensure the proper outcome. So I'd be putting some serious bucks on Romber. Some weird event, avalanche, car breakdown, and the like could blow that. But I think they are the odds on favorite to win.

"Fear is just another word for ignorance." Hunter S. Thompson

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Yeah, what Fester said as well...

And not only that, but Rob is succeeding in getting other teams riled up -- I bet you that's exactly what he wants, get the others seeing red that they forget about their own team and end up doing something stupid to get themselves eliminated or way back in the group.

Consider this as well, for all the things Rob has done to piss people off in Survivor (such as the thing with Lex/Kathy), it still didn't result in him getting voted off. He's got a way of playing the game in a do-whatever-it-takes manner yet disarming people enough to get along with them in a friendly away in a non-game moment. After all the things that Susan and especially Patrick said about Rob, we still saw moments of Patrick getting along with Rob in yesterday's episode.

Rob could burn all the bridges he wants in this game, but frankly, he doesn't give a flying crap. He's got nothing to lose in this game and it's completely refreshing to watch the way he and Amber approach this game, going all out to be competitive to the pitstop, but still have loads of fun doing it.

Scratch and sniff

happjack2002 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail happjack2002 Click to send private message to happjack2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Debbie and Bianca are not a power team they had an advantage in the first two episodes because they can speak and understand spanish wait until they get to Finland, Russia, India or China they will be at the bottom of the pack they also will be weak in the physical challenges. Susan and Patrick are also not a power team they are this seasons Gus and Hera. Both Debbie & Bianca and Susan & Patrick made a horrible move for going with the first bus time they saw, never asking or looking for others or what time it gets in. Rob and Amber where a target from the start of the race nothing they do is going to change that and running the whole race with the fear of getting Yielded is dumb because if you keep yourself in the top 3 or so each leg a Yield won't effect you.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
You are so right. You can't be yielded unless you are behind a team. It also is not wise to yield a team unless you think they will lose in that leg because they will want to return the favor. Remember Freddy/Kendra and Adam/Rebecca from last season.

If you want to yield Rob wait until he is already in the bottom third of the racers.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-09-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
LMAO at "power teams." No disrespect intended, but ALL of the other teams struggled last night while Romber sailed through. It was like watching the Keystone Cops.

Moves courtesy of Syren

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"

Keystone Cops is absolutely perfect. I've not seen so much bumbling on a reality show since I watch My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee. Susan and Patrick were positively inept. Power team? Bwahahahahaha. If they'd stayed at that Virgin Mary statue much longer, Susan would have become a virgin again.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--agree with Fester times two.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Oscirus - you don't make any sense at all!!! According to your description of the "power-teams", every team in this race would be power team...

And it's a complete hypocrocy to think that Bianca and Debbie's lie is any different from Rob's.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

Well, according to Oscirus, since Debbianca's lie ALMOST got the team eliminated, it's OK. But since Rob's lie didn't affect the other teams much, it's a bad thing. It's not the lie that's bad, just how effective it is. *eyeroll*

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

03-10-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
I didn't say it was a bad thing lie all you want just a stupid thing.

I too agree with feaster.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-09-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"

*sigh* Fester, I love you. This is exactly what I tried to get my dad to understand last night. We got into a big fight last night over Rob & Amber's gameplay. My dad didn't think Rob was playing right and that he had an unfair advantage over other teams. I don't think having a brain and using it can be considered an unfair advantage.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "typical hater"
>Rob is so done. He is
>playing a stupid game, pissing
>off power teams but not
>eliminating them. That fool will
>go down in flames Amber
>will kick him to the
>curb where he will be
>lying in a pool of
>his own tears.

without a doubt.....

DUMBEST. POST. EVER.

03-10-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
40. "RE: typical hater"
Im blushing. Coming form you thats a high compliment.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: typical hater"
Conga-rats, Oscirus! I've been called a lot of things by shakes in my 4 years here, but I've never had a DUMBEST.POST.EVER!

Scratch and sniff

03-09-05, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
That might be true if by "power teams" you mean "sniveling mewling whiners with a vocabulary consisting of "It isn't fair." and not much else," then you might be right.

"Fear is just another word for ignorance." Hunter S. Thompson

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Rob's strategy last night was clear--take the weak teams with him to the top and hope that the "power" teams eliminate themselves in the coming weeks. He and Amber can easily beat the teams that finished directly behind them last night.

The Rob, he smaht.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Bingo!
That's the strategy I saw too.

I just hope we are not being set up for Patrick & mom to yield him in future episode, since Patrick is on record as saying that he wants to "be responsible for" Rob & Amber's "disposal." I am hoping that this phrase was inserted for irony because Rob is responsible for their disposal!!!

Go Romber!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-09-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Why worry about the yeild?"
>>I just hope we are not being set up for Patrick & mom to yield him in future episode<<

I don't think you need to worry.

In order to yeild Romber, Mommy & Patrick would have to be AHEAD of them. First ep aside, I don't think that's likely to happen. P&S were a complete mess last night -- lots of dumb moves.

Plus, they're hysterical -- and I don't mean funny.

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
I actually think he's ran the best race so far. I get more annoyed with Amber than I ever did Rob. The reason is because Rob puts his neck on the line time and time again. Sure, his personality can be annoying at times, but at least he does what he has to. Amber just sits there and constantly benefits from it.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Rob would have a target on his back no matter how he played the game because of his and Amber's joint win of Allstars. He might as well stick to the frankly ruthless style that has served him well in the past.

Amber, in turn, is sticking to the "be pretty, light on your feet and cooperative" strategy that has served her even better.

dirob 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirob Click to send private message to dirob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

All the other astute posters have reminded you about who came in after Rob&Amber.

But to remind you about your other point, yes, Rob did use his own money.

At the bus stop where he found out about the express bus and "convinced" the people there not to divulge this piece of info to the other racers. (Bribe is such an ugly word...heh heh heh!) He didn't take up a collection for this one cuz no one else in his temporary alliance was at the station yet!

The way I see it, all Rob's been doing is to help increase the "economic situations" of several Latin Americans so far.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-10-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Thank you for bringing up Rob's "bribe" to the bus station employee. Since he did use his own money, and he clued Ray and Deana in (with the intention of also including Uchenna and Joyce), I'd say the Bribe Alliance is fairly even.

But it was a stroke of evil genius to use the other teams' money to bribe the driver. LOL!

Romber was editted to be the Power Team. The others were laughable.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
As long as Romber continues to run a smart race (which they have done very well so far) then it doesn't matter how many people he pisses off. There's no voting, and as was already stated, alliances with other teams - either for or against - don't really come into play as much in TAR. Teams can vow to take someone out, but I don't think that it's ever happened. Each team's ability to race has a much larger inpact in the end than who they are alligned with (or against). Teams can't take you out if you don't ever give them an opening to do so.

03-09-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
The only exception to that will be a key yield of Rombah. But it has to be really key, because last season the yield didn't alter the results.

collectsdolls 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail collectsdolls Click to send private message to collectsdolls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Be fair to Amber"
At least she's doing tasks and every other word out of her mouth isn't "baby"

03-09-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Be fair to Amber"
They are working together much as they did in Allstars. Why mess with success?

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Second coming"
I see ROMBER as the second coming of Team Guido.

Good play mixed with infinite unlikeability.

Hopefully, they will crash and burn like TG. I guess I like my TAR more "players beats own shortcomings" rather than "players get screwed by other (be it other teams or taxi drivers!)"

I know a ROMBER win would almost taste as bad as the win by the whiny one/anchor around her partner's neck.

03-09-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Second coming"
I find them stunningly likeable, actually.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Second coming"
as do I, although I don't find it stunning so much because I like him a whole lot on A.S.S.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I hate me some Susan. Hate, hate, hate. I think she deserves a hatin' thread come to think of it.

03-10-05, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Second coming"
Call my crazy, but I've found them likeable. I hated Team Guido, but I really like Romber. Go figure.

I actually started liking Rob the moment he and Kathy had their intimate meal (and got sloshed)during S4.

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Second coming"
Could it be because Team Guido was the only team the first season that seemed to (want to) play cutthroat?

Now it seems most teams would like to play that way just to compete with (likeable?!?) Romber.

Personally, I feel the tight finishes have made the show more entertaining this season.

03-11-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Second coming"
Could it be because Team Guido was the only team the first season that seemed to (want to) play cutthroat?

Heck, no. I didn't like Team Guido because they were irritable
people who sucked the fun out of every situation. Plus they
made the Bonehead Move of TAR by checking into a hotel instead of
taking every advantage of their Fast Forward. (I am remembering
that correctly, aren't I?)

If Danny and Oswald were as "cutthroat" as Team Guido, I'd still
enjoy watching them. Rob and Amber are good tv.

But nobody tops the Festers in my heart. "Swing, fat bastard, swing!"

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Just stopping by to say that I hope he gets hit by a bus.

If someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
<I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Maybe the bus driver discovers Rob owes him another five dollars and seeks revenge?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •