URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 894
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 03-09-05 at 02:04 AM
Rob seem very willing to use money and people to get ahead of the game. Nothing wrong with that, but will the racers notice that the only one who really seems to benefit from alliances with Rob is Rob.

He basicly got others (pocketed his own money) to pay the driver to open only the front door. Did any of the teams with him come out ahead, if my memory is right - NO!

Has Rob already gotten the other racers to avoid alliances with him in the future?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Has Rob already burnt his bridges?"
Posted by collectsdolls on 03-09-05 at 02:51 AM
uhhhhhh what about team POW/WOW?.... No 2 at the pitstop.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 03-09-05 at 05:11 AM
And how about Ray and Deana, #3? He and his alliances benfitted from the bus opening at the front, and they don't know that he pocketed the extra 5 bux.

Posted by ftaok on 03-09-05 at 07:22 AM
As pointed out above, both Ray/Deana and Ron/Kelly finished 2nd and 3rd. Ukenda and wife also benefitted. The 4 teams that got off the bus first made it to the Roadblock first. 3 of the 4 teams finished quick enough to get on the first flight. Ukenda's wife wasn't so good at shining shoes and fell back.

So yeah, the bribe did help the teams.

Posted by seahorse on 03-09-05 at 08:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-05 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

No doubt, at this point the teams that paid the extra $5 benifitted from the bus driver's actions. None of them know Rob did not spend any of his own money.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 03-09-05 at 09:20 AM
I said it was from memory, and I am getting old.

I stand corrected.

"Rob is a DAW, plain and simple"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 03-09-05 at 08:52 AM
The more I think about it the more it fits that Rob is the biggest DAW of them all and just wants to be on camera so he is going to continue to do things like this because he knows that:
a) He cannot be voted out
b) Alliances don't work on TAR's as well as Survior (and most they only good for short terms - one, two legs or even one to two clues max)
C) He is a DAW, he is a DAW, he is a DAW!

They are a strong team and they will do well but Rob just wants to see his mug and hear his stupid comments on TV.

"RE: Rob is a DAW, plain and simple"
Posted by LibraRising on 03-09-05 at 04:42 PM
I second that. And I hope it's his downfall. I hope he does something so over the top that he gets a game-killing penalty or gets cocky enough to make a major screw-up.

Besides, Romber aren't THAT smart. Yeah, finding out about the faster bus was good, but Lynn/Alex figured it out, too. Keeping the door closed wasn't Rob's idea; it was Ray's (although ripping off his allies was pure Rob). And they lucked out on a detour that happened to highlight his construction skills.

The only reason they steamrolled in all-stars was because they were playing against a bunch of lazy people whose DAW ability equal Rob's.

Posted by Oscirus on 03-09-05 at 08:54 AM
Rob is so done. He is playing a stupid game, pissing off power teams but not eliminating them. That fool will go down in flames Amber will kick him to the curb where he will be lying in a pool of his own tears.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Posted by Urban_Kitten on 03-09-05 at 08:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

>Rob is so done.
Oh man - I hope you're not saying that just to make feel better!

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
(Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.)

Posted by FesterFan1 on 03-09-05 at 09:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

Power teams? You are joking, aren't you? Who are these alleged power teams they're pissing off?

And how is what Rob did any different than what Debbie and Bianca did when they flat-out lied to Ron and what's-her-name?

This isn't Survivor. Alliances, the long-term sort, don't work. Every stage you do what you can for yourself. It's not social like Survivor in that regard. It's dog eat dog. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how Rob is playing thus far.

Fester

Posted by Oscirus on 03-09-05 at 09:55 AM
Power teams? You are joking, aren't you? Who are these alleged power teams they're pissing off?

Debbie and Bianca for one, Susan and Patrick,. Not to mention the other teams rob pissed off with his dum a55ed lie about the guards who while not power players could have an effect on their game later on.

And how is what Rob did any different than what Debbie and Bianca did when they flat-out lied to Ron and what's-her-name?

Debbie and Bianca damn near eliminated their targets while rob s just succeeded in putting a target on his back. All Rob did was let everybody know that he was a liar. To make it short he pissed off way more teams then they did.

This isn't Survivor. Alliances, the long-term sort, don't work. Every stage you do what you can for yourself. It's not social like Survivor in that regard. It's dog eat dog. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how Rob is playing thus far.

In theory you are correct but in actuality when you are pissing off teams because you are being a daw you wind up screwing yourself , Rob is doing all this way too early and they will be gone in a few weeks due to their stupid gameplay.

Posted by FesterFan1 on 03-09-05 at 10:18 AM
Debbie and Bianca and Susan and Patrick? 2 teams who finished 6th and 8th, respectively. Frankly, I think it's more likely that their preoccupation with Rob is going to be their downfall. And I disagree that D & B's lie almost eliminated their competition. It only put them on Flight #3, which, as it turned out, is exactly the same flight they would've been on if they had gotten a ticket for Flight #2. No, it was their own cluelessness that almost lost it for them.

Every season we see teams try to "take down" other teams. The only time you could even argue that worked was when Colin and Christie were yielded. So if you're saying Rob and Amber are setting themselves up to be yielded, I'll agree with that. If that happens to do them in? Maybe you have a point. However, Freddy and Kendra were yielded. How'd that one work out?

I'll bet Rob wants the other teams to focus on him rather than on the race. If the other teams want to treat this game like Survivor, let them. Rob sure as hell isn't.

I don't think Rob and Amber will win, but if/when they are Philiminated, it will be because of something they did during that stage of the race, and not because of something another team does.

Fester

Posted by landruajm on 03-09-05 at 02:02 PM
What Fester said, in every respect.

"word."
Posted by cqvenus on 03-09-05 at 02:21 PM

fester is right.

just sayin'.

~ cq

actually *likes* rob's game this time

Posted by TechNoir on 03-09-05 at 07:02 PM
Me three.

But.

This is NOT a Mark Burnett production. I don't think Mr. Bruckheimer has the wherewithall to adapt in the middle of the game to ensure the proper outcome. So I'd be putting some serious bucks on Romber. Some weird event, avalanche, car breakdown, and the like could blow that. But I think they are the odds on favorite to win.

"Fear is just another word for ignorance." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-09-05 at 07:40 PM
Yeah, what Fester said as well...

And not only that, but Rob is succeeding in getting other teams riled up -- I bet you that's exactly what he wants, get the others seeing red that they forget about their own team and end up doing something stupid to get themselves eliminated or way back in the group.

Consider this as well, for all the things Rob has done to piss people off in Survivor (such as the thing with Lex/Kathy), it still didn't result in him getting voted off. He's got a way of playing the game in a do-whatever-it-takes manner yet disarming people enough to get along with them in a friendly away in a non-game moment. After all the things that Susan and especially Patrick said about Rob, we still saw moments of Patrick getting along with Rob in yesterday's episode.

Rob could burn all the bridges he wants in this game, but frankly, he doesn't give a flying crap. He's got nothing to lose in this game and it's completely refreshing to watch the way he and Amber approach this game, going all out to be competitive to the pitstop, but still have loads of fun doing it.

Scratch and sniff

Posted by happjack2002 on 03-09-05 at 10:21 AM
Debbie and Bianca are not a power team they had an advantage in the first two episodes because they can speak and understand spanish wait until they get to Finland, Russia, India or China they will be at the bottom of the pack they also will be weak in the physical challenges. Susan and Patrick are also not a power team they are this seasons Gus and Hera. Both Debbie & Bianca and Susan & Patrick made a horrible move for going with the first bus time they saw, never asking or looking for others or what time it gets in. Rob and Amber where a target from the start of the race nothing they do is going to change that and running the whole race with the fear of getting Yielded is dumb because if you keep yourself in the top 3 or so each leg a Yield won't effect you.

Posted by seahorse on 03-10-05 at 01:39 PM
You are so right. You can't be yielded unless you are behind a team. It also is not wise to yield a team unless you think they will lose in that leg because they will want to return the favor. Remember Freddy/Kendra and Adam/Rebecca from last season.

If you want to yield Rob wait until he is already in the bottom third of the racers.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Tahj on 03-09-05 at 11:03 AM
LMAO at "power teams." No disrespect intended, but ALL of the other teams struggled last night while Romber sailed through. It was like watching the Keystone Cops.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by anotherkim on 03-09-05 at 08:01 PM

Keystone Cops is absolutely perfect. I've not seen so much bumbling on a reality show since I watch My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee. Susan and Patrick were positively inept. Power team? Bwahahahahaha. If they'd stayed at that Virgin Mary statue much longer, Susan would have become a virgin again.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--agree with Fester times two.

Posted by arturbars on 03-09-05 at 03:35 PM
Oscirus - you don't make any sense at all!!! According to your description of the "power-teams", every team in this race would be power team...

And it's a complete hypocrocy to think that Bianca and Debbie's lie is any different from Rob's.

Posted by nailbone on 03-09-05 at 04:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

Well, according to Oscirus, since Debbianca's lie ALMOST got the team eliminated, it's OK. But since Rob's lie didn't affect the other teams much, it's a bad thing. It's not the lie that's bad, just how effective it is. *eyeroll*

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by Oscirus on 03-10-05 at 05:19 PM
I didn't say it was a bad thing lie all you want just a stupid thing.

I too agree with feaster.

Posted by StarryLuna on 03-09-05 at 06:34 PM

*sigh* Fester, I love you. This is exactly what I tried to get my dad to understand last night. We got into a big fight last night over Rob & Amber's gameplay. My dad didn't think Rob was playing right and that he had an unfair advantage over other teams. I don't think having a brain and using it can be considered an unfair advantage.

"typical hater"
Posted by shakes the clown on 03-09-05 at 11:53 AM
>Rob is so done. He is
>playing a stupid game, pissing
>off power teams but not
>eliminating them. That fool will
>go down in flames Amber
>will kick him to the
>curb where he will be
>lying in a pool of
>his own tears.

without a doubt.....

DUMBEST. POST. EVER.

"RE: typical hater"
Posted by Oscirus on 03-10-05 at 05:20 PM
Im blushing. Coming form you thats a high compliment.

"RE: typical hater"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-11-05 at 12:23 PM
Conga-rats, Oscirus! I've been called a lot of things by shakes in my 4 years here, but I've never had a DUMBEST.POST.EVER!

Scratch and sniff

Posted by TechNoir on 03-09-05 at 07:06 PM
That might be true if by "power teams" you mean "sniveling mewling whiners with a vocabulary consisting of "It isn't fair." and not much else," then you might be right.

"Fear is just another word for ignorance." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted by mrc on 03-09-05 at 10:03 AM
Rob's strategy last night was clear--take the weak teams with him to the top and hope that the "power" teams eliminate themselves in the coming weeks. He and Amber can easily beat the teams that finished directly behind them last night.

The Rob, he smaht.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Swami on 03-09-05 at 10:16 AM
Bingo!
That's the strategy I saw too.

I just hope we are not being set up for Patrick & mom to yield him in future episode, since Patrick is on record as saying that he wants to "be responsible for" Rob & Amber's "disposal." I am hoping that this phrase was inserted for irony because Rob is responsible for their disposal!!!

Go Romber!

"Why worry about the yeild?"
Posted by tamarama on 03-09-05 at 01:47 PM
>>I just hope we are not being set up for Patrick & mom to yield him in future episode<<

I don't think you need to worry.

In order to yeild Romber, Mommy & Patrick would have to be AHEAD of them. First ep aside, I don't think that's likely to happen. P&S were a complete mess last night -- lots of dumb moves.

Plus, they're hysterical -- and I don't mean funny.

Posted by bacon on 03-09-05 at 10:10 AM
I actually think he's ran the best race so far. I get more annoyed with Amber than I ever did Rob. The reason is because Rob puts his neck on the line time and time again. Sure, his personality can be annoying at times, but at least he does what he has to. Amber just sits there and constantly benefits from it.

Posted by ginger on 03-09-05 at 11:49 AM
Rob would have a target on his back no matter how he played the game because of his and Amber's joint win of Allstars. He might as well stick to the frankly ruthless style that has served him well in the past.

Amber, in turn, is sticking to the "be pretty, light on your feet and cooperative" strategy that has served her even better.

Posted by dirob on 03-09-05 at 12:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

All the other astute posters have reminded you about who came in after Rob&Amber.

But to remind you about your other point, yes, Rob did use his own money.

At the bus stop where he found out about the express bus and "convinced" the people there not to divulge this piece of info to the other racers. (Bribe is such an ugly word...heh heh heh!) He didn't take up a collection for this one cuz no one else in his temporary alliance was at the station yet!

The way I see it, all Rob's been doing is to help increase the "economic situations" of several Latin Americans so far.

Posted by BriarRosie on 03-10-05 at 06:54 PM
Thank you for bringing up Rob's "bribe" to the bus station employee. Since he did use his own money, and he clued Ray and Deana in (with the intention of also including Uchenna and Joyce), I'd say the Bribe Alliance is fairly even.

But it was a stroke of evil genius to use the other teams' money to bribe the driver. LOL!

Romber was editted to be the Power Team. The others were laughable.

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 03-09-05 at 01:36 PM
As long as Romber continues to run a smart race (which they have done very well so far) then it doesn't matter how many people he pisses off. There's no voting, and as was already stated, alliances with other teams - either for or against - don't really come into play as much in TAR. Teams can vow to take someone out, but I don't think that it's ever happened. Each team's ability to race has a much larger inpact in the end than who they are alligned with (or against). Teams can't take you out if you don't ever give them an opening to do so.

Posted by ginger on 03-09-05 at 03:10 PM
The only exception to that will be a key yield of Rombah. But it has to be really key, because last season the yield didn't alter the results.

"Be fair to Amber"
Posted by collectsdolls on 03-09-05 at 03:29 PM
At least she's doing tasks and every other word out of her mouth isn't "baby"

"RE: Be fair to Amber"
Posted by ginger on 03-09-05 at 03:32 PM
They are working together much as they did in Allstars. Why mess with success?

"Second coming"
Posted by Robotext on 03-09-05 at 05:29 PM
I see ROMBER as the second coming of Team Guido.

Good play mixed with infinite unlikeability.

Hopefully, they will crash and burn like TG. I guess I like my TAR more "players beats own shortcomings" rather than "players get screwed by other (be it other teams or taxi drivers!)"

I know a ROMBER win would almost taste as bad as the win by the whiny one/anchor around her partner's neck.

"RE: Second coming"
Posted by TechNoir on 03-09-05 at 07:04 PM
I find them stunningly likeable, actually.

Posted by anotherkim on 03-09-05 at 08:04 PM
as do I, although I don't find it stunning so much because I like him a whole lot on A.S.S.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I hate me some Susan. Hate, hate, hate. I think she deserves a hatin' thread come to think of it.

Posted by BriarRosie on 03-10-05 at 06:58 PM
Call my crazy, but I've found them likeable. I hated Team Guido, but I really like Romber. Go figure.

I actually started liking Rob the moment he and Kathy had their intimate meal (and got sloshed)during S4.

Posted by Robotext on 03-11-05 at 04:44 PM
Could it be because Team Guido was the only team the first season that seemed to (want to) play cutthroat?

Now it seems most teams would like to play that way just to compete with (likeable?!?) Romber.

Personally, I feel the tight finishes have made the show more entertaining this season.

Posted by BriarRosie on 03-11-05 at 08:03 PM
Could it be because Team Guido was the only team the first season that seemed to (want to) play cutthroat?

Heck, no. I didn't like Team Guido because they were irritable
people who sucked the fun out of every situation. Plus they
made the Bonehead Move of TAR by checking into a hotel instead of
taking every advantage of their Fast Forward. (I am remembering
that correctly, aren't I?)

If Danny and Oswald were as "cutthroat" as Team Guido, I'd still
enjoy watching them. Rob and Amber are good tv.

But nobody tops the Festers in my heart. "Swing, fat bastard, swing!"

Posted by J Slice on 03-15-05 at 04:56 PM
Just stopping by to say that I hope he gets hit by a bus.

If someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!

Posted by okaychatt on 03-16-05 at 04:25 PM
<I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Maybe the bus driver discovers Rob owes him another five dollars and seeks revenge?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.