The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Shannon022 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-14-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shannon022 Click to send private message to Shannon022 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Is anyone going to watch this show?
I have been watching all the re-runs all weekend!

I love Nick & Jessica, she is kind of dumb and ditzy but its really funny and it shows that she is a real person.

It airs Wed night at 9cen/10eas time.

And her sister Ashlees show comes on right after hers at 9:30/10:30

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Shannon022 06-16-04 1
 RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica KScott 06-16-04 2
   RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Shannon022 06-22-04 3
       RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica reversehalo 06-25-04 4
 RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Pepito 07-02-04 5
   RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Shannon022 07-09-04 6
       RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Roobean 07-10-04 7
           RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica MajHoople 07-11-04 8
               RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Pepito 07-11-04 9
                   RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Shannon022 07-16-04 10
                       RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Pepito 07-16-04 11
 RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica MaryK 07-18-04 12
   RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Pepito 07-19-04 13
       RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Shannon022 07-20-04 14
   RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica MaryK 08-14-04 21
   RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica rls73 08-14-04 22
 Cabo San Lucas Episode Pepito 07-29-04 15
   RE: Cabo San Lucas Episode MaryK 08-02-04 16
 RE: Formerly known as The Newlyweds... rileybbfan 08-02-04 17
   RE: Formerly known as The Newlyweds... MaryK 08-04-04 18
       RE: Formerly known as The Newlyweds... rileybbfan 08-04-04 19
 RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica Shannon022 08-11-04 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-16-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shannon022 Click to send private message to Shannon022 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
No ones watching

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-16-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
My daughter watches it and tells me some things that go on. Is Jessica really that dumb or does she just play dumb? Daughter told me that Jessica was eating chicken and asked Nick what animal chicken came from. Really, is she that dumb?

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

06-22-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-04 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

LOL, no she didnt ask what animal it was.

They were sitting there and they were eating tuna and she asked Nick "Is this tuna or chicken that I have" she said "I know its tuna but the can says chicken" and then Nick proceeds to tell her that its "The chicken of the sea" tuna.

I honestly think that MTV makes her look like that. Bc if I had every dumb blonde moment of myself caught on tape then I would look the same way!
I dont really think shes that dumb. I little ditzy yes.

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-25-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
I watch it. It's actually a good show, better than a lot of the other reality shows out there. It seems real and not like they are putting up a front, unlike the Osbournes. I have watched Ashley's show but I don't find her as entertaining as Jessica. Maybe because her show is all about plugging her album. Jessica maybe a dork but I kind of find her refreshing.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-02-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
I've started watching it this season. Never saw ANY of the first two seasons, but now it's on on the same night as Simple Life, so I'm home in front of the set so I watch it. Watch Ashlee's show too, for the same reason.

I think Jessica is ditzy, but it's what I expected. Nick is her equal. He may not be as obvious, tries to hide himself behind his superiour/macho attitude, but he can't even handle the houseguest situation directly. Just makes off-hand rude comments, really, he should talk to Jessica privately and let her know how he feels. But noooo, he walks around acting constipated instead -- these girls are not geniuses, OK? You have to speak directly to them and stay on topic or they won't catch on.

The Ashlee show is not as good - yeah, album plug and that's about it. She's a self-centered teen who has only one topic to talk about -- herself, of course. Granted, I don't dislike for this, she is a typical teen, that's all, which is why you don't see many teens like her on reality type shows - they just aren't that entertaining, they seem so petty to the adult mentality. The most interesting point to me was watching those record label-hired song writers and producers fawn over and suck up to her so much. What the label wants, I guess. Hope they're getting paid well at least.

07-09-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
I agree with you both.
I like Jessica so much bc she isnt another Britney. I cant stand Britney.
Jessica is a real person and so many people can relate to her bc we all have our blonde moments and she is the only one who will actually show it on TV.

I think Nick & Jessica equal each other out.

Ashlee she is a bit childish for being 19. I think her show is kind of stupid. I dont like the way she makes out with every guy and cusses a lot right in front of her parents. Its fine if you want to do that but not in front of your parents. Whose father used to be a minister!

Roobean 155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-10-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roobean Click to send private message to Roobean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
I haven't seen Ashlee's show but I catch the Newlyweds from time to time. Do you suppose that Ashlee cusses and makes out a lot is to avoid to many comparison with Jessica the "good girl"?

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

MajHoople 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-11-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MajHoople Click to send private message to MajHoople Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Who is this other girl who seems to have attached herself to Nick 'n Jessica? She seems to have acquired a taste for the life of a celebrity and has no intention of leaving.

07-11-04, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Yeah, I believe her name is Casey. I never saw any explanation of who she is or why she is there, but she appears to be an old friend of Jessica's. It also appears that she has just moved to California and is staying with Jess until she settles into her own place, but seems to be enjoying life with Jessica so much that she has no desire to have her own life.

She is also apparently too young and too dumb to realize that she is staying around too long, monopolising Jessica away from Nick, that Nick is dropping OBVIOUS hints that it's time for her to move out. She goes out to dinner with them (a three-some..) goes to their gigs with them, apparently has no job, and the last episode, the Lasik one, both she and Jessica has lasik surgery together. It appears that Jessica paid for both of them. Why else was the doctor giving Jess the choice to go first or else she could have Casey go first and Casey had no say in the matter? Seems both surgeries were compliments to Jessica so she had the choice.

The worst is that Casey behaves kind of bossy to Nick. Because she a guest of Jessica, she thinks she is "golden". It just pisses Nick off even more.

She should not put herself between Jessica and Nick that way, she should always be cordial to both, give them time alone together without her (she could watch TV in her sometimes or go out by herself for a while...), and she should make herself useful while she is there -- clean up Jessica's bedroom, etc. Nick would appreciate these things and she could probably extent her time spent with them until she does, eventually, move out.

I think this is an interesting situation because it is so common in real life. My s.o. once brought in a relative as a houseguest for a period of time that I did not enjoy, so I identify with Nick on this one

07-16-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Your right Pepito on Caycee. She is a childhood friend of Jesscias from Texas. She moved out to LA to become Jessicas personal assistant, and she has no where to live yet. I think she has outstayed her welcome. She goes to eat with them and on trips and to concert events.
Nick is the older mature one here and he has two teenagers on his hands. I guess he should of thought about that before he married Jessica when she was 21 and he was 28.

But this will be the last season so maybe they are getting their priorities straight.

07-16-04, 06:41 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Oh, so Caycee is Jessica's personal assistant? Well, that explains why she takes so much interest in Jess's life, and she is probably getting paid by Jessica all along, too.

Nick is right,though, she does need to get a life going in L.A., something of her own, that is not as Jessica's second banana only. It would be in her OWN best interests, and those of Nick & Jess.

I wonder how long she has been staying with them so far?

PS: So far, I have noticed that N & J spend a lot of time around swimming pools. Much be nice....

MaryK 6 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryK Click to send private message to MaryK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
At least Jessica knows how to treat a house guest that they invited to stay at their home. She is generous with her good fortune.....unlike Nick. I am shocked at his snide remarks.
He thinks she should meet people and make a new life for herself. Is this what he has done? Like he doesn't hang out with his brother only 24/7.

07-19-04, 07:54 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Welcome to the boards, MaryK.

Your are very right, Nick is rude to an invited houseguest. I hadn't thought of it that way. And yes, he is making a lot of judgments on her personal life that really aren't any of his business.

Whew! Those two need to call a truce asap, if not for their sakes, for Jessica's sake. Two very important people in her life at each other's throats.

07-20-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
Yeah I think thats why she is always with Jessica, and she also gets all the perks that come along with it.

I think Nick is just quick to snap on Caycee bc Im sure Jessica gets on his nerves enough by herself, now he has two Jessicas! I would probably go nuts too.
But some of his comments were out of line.

It seems like she has been living there for a few months.

08-14-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryK Click to send private message to MaryK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
So Nick was too busy writing a check for the mortgage with Jessica's money? Interesting........ Mary

rls73 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-14-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rls73 Click to send private message to rls73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
It is true. He only seems to socialize with his brother. Not that it's a bad thing, but you'd think he'd have other friends too. Perhaps there are friends who stop by but they're edited out. Who knows.

07-29-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
15. "Cabo San Lucas Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-04 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

OK, folks, really and truly, during last night's Cabo San Lucas, Mexico episode, whilst the family was dining on oysters, Jessica asked her father if it's true that eating oysters makes a man get a hard on...

Her father, wisely, did not respond...

If you missed this gem, you catch the replay next week, Wednesay night, right before the new episode...

08-02-04, 06:37 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Cabo San Lucas Episode"
Hi,
I must have stepped out and missed that little gem. Boy, she sure has a much more open relationship than I ever had. She probably just could have asked Ashlee that...ha ha. Don't you hate it that her sister is trying to cash in on her fame....thanks to dad I am sure. If I can make X amount of money on one daughter, just think of what I could make on two!!

rileybbfan 53 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-04, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rileybbfan Click to send private message to rileybbfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Formerly known as The Newlyweds..."
is now known as the Jessica and Cacee show; the reality show of a blond singer (if you can call her that) who's best friend from Texas comes to live with her and sponge of her and her husbands fame for her overextended 15 minutes.

08-04-04, 11:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Formerly known as The Newlyweds..."
It is hard to tell if she still lives there and how long it has been. Look at Ashlee, half the time she is blonde, the other half she has dyed her hair. How can we tell how much time has passed?

rileybbfan 53 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rileybbfan Click to send private message to rileybbfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Formerly known as The Newlyweds..."
my point being, it's suppose to be a show about newlyweds, which is apparent that the "newness" has worn off and nothing interesting happenes to them really so the show is edited with a lot of Cacee in it. And we know she(cacee) was there for at least 3 months b/c she was at the house during March madness then was still at the house after the Derby which is held in May (KY girl here!) So I know if I had two Jessica's (Nick's words not mine) for three months, I'd be going crazy by now, ha ha.

08-11-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Newlyweds Nick & Jessica"
I did catch the one where Jessica was talking about that. They are very open with their parents to be so regilous and all. Since Joe was a paster.
And Ashlee makes out with her bfs right in front of her parents!!!

Caycee I believe has been there for 3 months, The Newlyweds arent newlyweds anymore. And Jessica has even said that and thats why they arent making a 3rd season.

But In in Tennessee, and I was glad to see them close to home! The derby looked great!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •