The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
1. So yet another TAR begins in the Los Angeles area. What would be a more appropriate, unique starting point for a future TAR, and why?

2. What was in the trunk of Rob's car that gave him so much trouble opening it?

3. When Ryan and Chuck went across the zip line, Ryan said, “We’ll be the first ones to load test it.” What else have they load-tested, and what was the result?

4. How difficult was it for Jerry Bruckheimer to find translators into English . . . from Ryan and Chuck? From Rob?

5. Rob said he feared the others could have been scheming to “vote him off” around the bonfire on the beach at Ancon. What else could the others have done to make him feel more at home?

6. Why did everyone start digging in the sand pile of 7:40 AM airline tickets without noticing that there was also a 7:00 AM pile? What else did they think was in there?

7. Who were the better singers on this episode, and why: Lynn and Alex with “We Are Racing In Peru”, or Ryan and Chuck with “She’ll Be Comin’ Round The Mountain”?

8. As far as we know, Susan and Patrick were the only ones blessed with lots of spit from the llamas. Why did the llamas choose them?

9. When Deana kept asking Ray for help with her rope basket, Ray kept replying, “Suck it up.” Use your creativity and keep it PG-13 when you answer where Deana has heard this from Ray before. (C’mon, I have faith in you.)

10. Besides being Philiminated, what would have happened to war hero Ron and beauty queen Kelly if they had lost that foot race to the Pit Stop to Ryan and Chuck?

I want one of those ponchos.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 arturbars 03-02-05 1
   RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 DearAbby 03-02-05 3
       RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 Cygnus X1 03-02-05 4
 RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 Seana 03-02-05 2
 RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 KObrien_fan 03-02-05 5
   RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 Cygnus X1 03-02-05 6
       RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 KObrien_fan 03-02-05 8
 RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 Molaholic 03-02-05 7
 RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 Surveysez 03-03-05 9
 RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 mikey 03-03-05 10
 RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10 ARnutz 03-05-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

1. So yet another TAR begins in the Los Angeles area. What would be a more appropriate, unique starting point for a future TAR, and why?

South-Central LA or Compton, then Uchenna and Joyce would be the only one to get to the airport...

Lex

3. When Ryan and Chuck went across the zip line, Ryan said, “We’ll be the first ones to load test it.” What else have they load-tested, and what was the result?

They load tested the lamas, and found out that they are not as strong as cows...

5. Rob said he feared the others could have been scheming to “vote him off” around the bonfire on the beach at Ancon. What else could the others have done to make him feel more at home?

Bring in Jiffy with some coconuts and Rupert with some fish...

6. Why did everyone start digging in the sand pile of 7:40 AM airline tickets without noticing that there was also a 7:00 AM pile? What else did they think was in there?

Crabs... sand crabs... from Debbie and Bianca...

8. As far as we know, Susan and Patrick were the only ones blessed with lots of spit from the llamas. Why did the llamas choose them?

Llamas are very sensitive to pure evil. And there is something really freaky about those two...

9. When Deana kept asking Ray for help with her rope basket, Ray kept replying, “Suck it up.” Use your creativity and keep it PG-13 when you answer where Deana has heard this from Ray before. (C’mon, I have faith in you.)

When he uses her as a punching bag for their training...

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"

>2. What was in the trunk of Rob's car that
>gave him so much trouble opening it?
>
>Lex

You stole my line! But that's okay, because I was having trouble coming up with answers for the rest of them.

03-02-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
That's what I get for not watching Survivor. I wouldn't have known that line.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
Somewhere with nice, big wide open spaces and fewer cement abutments. With great big arrows pointing in the direction of the airport.

It’s not what was in it so much as the trunk had simply never heard of him, so Rob couldn’t use his “fame” to get ahead.

The rickshaw. Result: they had to get out and pull it themselves. Ah, the poor rickshaw driver.

4. How difficult was it for Jerry Bruckheimer to find translators into English . . . from Ryan and Chuck? From Rob?
Yep, that one made me *snort*. I’m vaguely offended that Mr. Bruckheimer thought I needed the subtitles, though. The jerk.

They could have given him a pretty piece of driftwood and told him that it meant he had immunity on the next elimination leg, so he didn’t need to try to win.

Lying beyotch repellent.

7. Who were the better singers on this episode, and why: Lynn and Alex with “We Are Racing In Peru”, or Ryan and Chuck with “She’ll Be Comin’ Round The Mountain”?
Since I missed the Lynn/Alex number, I’ll vote for that one.

To provide irony, given their tough talk in the beginning.

That faith is completely unjustified.

10. Besides being Philiminated, what would have happened to war hero Ron and beauty queen Kelly if they had lost that foot race to the Pit Stop to Ryan and Chuck?
They would *never* have been able to show their faces at their army buddy/beauty queen reunions again.

I am smart. I look for things.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-05 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

What would be a great start is Hardwick Vermont. Talk about being lost in translation. Teams would go up to a farmer and say "Do you know how to get to Burlington" and the farmer would look them in the eye and say "Ayup". Or another good Vermont answer "You can't get theya from heya" (You can't get there from here- for those of you that need it translated)

Nothing, but Lex had been lying in the shadows and moments before Rob and Amber appeared, he put super glue in the keyhole and along the edge of the trunk.

The cab that took them up the hill toward the final pitstop. The result was 2 cars passed them by and they lost the footrace and had to go home.

They called Darrah Johnson to be the translator for Ryan and Chuck, but then they couldn't understand her either. After that, they tried Twila Tanner but she was out of the country at a beauty spa. Finally they gave up and didn't actually get a translator. They just used sub-titles and gave the writer full creative reign to make anything up, since nobody would know the difference anyway. As far as for Rob, all they had to do was realize that any word that ends in "A" will sound like "er" and any word that ends in "er, or" would sound like "Ah", and they had him translated. For example: Normal sentence: Tina can you get me a beer? Rob would say "Teener can you get me a bee-ah"

If they brought out a big bowl of Fafaru (smelly fish) he would have felt right at home.

These are the sandy beaches of Hermosa dude, what the heck do you think was buried there? Would you have touched it? Well they didn't want to either.

Lynn and Alex, it was a much more creative rendition. Next they will give an encore presentation of "Are you hot in Chile?"

The Llamas were in heat. They were also gay. Enough said.

Duh, her plate of spagetti

They would not pass go, they would not win the million dollars and they would not live happily ever after.

03-02-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
What would be a great start is Hardwick Vermont. Talk about being lost in translation. Teams would go up to a farmer and say "Do you know how to get to Burlington" and the farmer would look them in the eye and say "Ayup". Or another good Vermont answer "You can't get theya from heya" (You can't get there from here- for those of you that need it translated)

And then when the teams get miffed at him, he can always reply, "Well...(very long pause) *I* ain't lost."

Invisible to telescopic eye / Infinity, the star that would not die...

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
Yes, that is another great Vermontism, did you read the book? I live the book, lol.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
While still, Los Angeles, why not the LA BREA TAR PITS? (Which, translated, means "The The Tar Tar Pits" --- funny folk in LA, yaknow?)

Rupert Bonham. Some how, that extra million dollar check never got cashed.

Ummm... lemme see. They discovered that those "one size fits all" adult diapers, don't.

Ryan and Chuck made it easy, get Philiminated in the first episode. As for Rob -- Ted Kennedy's not doing anything right now.

Started chanting "YANKEES SUCK YANKEES SUCK!"

They figured with all the bunching, may as well get an extra 40 mins in the sack.

I forget, which scene was shorter?

Well, afterall, they are the first mother and son team in Amazing Race History and needed an appropriate baptism.

You're kidding, right?

The same as what would happen to the rest of the Known Universe when two fat rednecks beat a couple of the Beautiful People in a foot race. Stars collapse, planets collide, Michael Jackson gets convicted.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Is it too soon to start a 1000-DAW countdown?

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-03-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
The old Nevada testing grounds and they have to leave by helicopter. Just picture them flailing across the desert to reach the start point, instead of jumping into cars.
Jimmy Hoffa and a guy with a crooked nose
Looks to me like those fellers have spent a while load testing the counter seats at their local Dew Drop Inn, and the result was what you saw on TV.
He used the billhillie to english translator site on the web - you just type in the phoenetic sounds and Bingo! For Rob they gave Amber a few bucks extra to work the editing room.
Didn't you watch the show? Patrick and his mom WERE actively agitating to get the rules changed so they could vote Rob and Amber off from around the campfire.
You know, sometimes the real answer is right in front of you, and there is no expaination for plain old stupidity.
Lynn and Alex, who went on to team up with a lamb for their encore.
Even a beligerent creature like the llama has a little good taste.
He supervises the chores at home when she vacuums.
They would next be starring on the new Fox Reality show, "What's my Partner's Life Like" in which the roles are reversed, so Kelly gets sent off to Iraq and Ron has to shave his legs and compete in a beauty pagent.

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"
>1. So yet another TAR
>begins in the Los Angeles
>area. What would be
>a more appropriate, unique starting
>point for a future TAR,
>and why?
>
You might as well use Palau -- that way the Survivors can just go from one show to another.

>2. What was in the
>trunk of Rob's car that
>gave him so much trouble
>opening it?
>
Derek Jeter.

(They don't call him the Robfather for nothin')

>3. When Ryan and Chuck
>went across the zip line,
>Ryan said, “We’ll be the
>first ones to load test
>it.” What else have
>they load-tested, and what was
>the result?
>
They apparently load-tested the 7:00 AM plane, resulting in the breakdown.

>4. How difficult was it
>for Jerry Bruckheimer to find
>translators into English . .
>. from Ryan and Chuck?

They used the Darrah interpreters from Survivor.

> From Rob?

They used Chris and Alex from TAR 2.
>
>5. Rob said he feared
>the others could have been
>scheming to “vote him off”
>around the bonfire on the
>beach at Ancon. What
>else could the others have
>done to make him feel
>more at home?
>
Could have endlessly discussed the world series and the super bowl like everyone else in Beantown.

>6. Why did everyone start
>digging in the sand pile
>of 7:40 AM airline tickets
>without noticing that there was
>also a 7:00 AM pile?
> What else did they
>think was in there?
>
I think they saw Marshall and Lance digging there first -- still haven't found the artifact from TAR 5.

>7. Who were the better
>singers on this episode, and
>why: Lynn and Alex with
>“We Are Racing In Peru”,
>or Ryan and Chuck with
>“She’ll Be Comin’ Round The
>Mountain”?
>
The best signer was the fat lady, as soon as it became clear Ryan and Chuck would need to win a foot race to avoid Philimination.

>8. As far as we
>know, Susan and Patrick were
>the only ones blessed with
>lots of spit from the
>llamas. Why did the
>llamas choose them?
>
From the saying "Save the Llama for Patrick's mama"

>9. When Deana kept asking
>Ray for help with her
>rope basket, Ray kept replying,
>“Suck it up.” Use
>your creativity and keep it
>PG-13 when you answer where
>Deana has heard this from
>Ray before. (C’mon, I
>have faith in you.)
>
Ray explaining to the much younder Deana how Geritol is used.

>10. Besides being Philiminated, what
>would have happened to war
>hero Ron and beauty queen
>Kelly if they had lost
>that foot race to the
>Pit Stop to Ryan and
>Chuck?
>
They would have been dishonorably discharged.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 1 - Hawkeye 10"

The top of the Space Needle in Seattle. There would be less bunching running for the bags at the bottom.

There was a guy in there holding the latch closed.

Those motorcycles they were shown riding. After the crew stopped shooting, the bikes just fell apart.

Not a problem. Don't you know there are millions of people who live in the south and in the Boston area?

Taken his pack and made him choose only one item to keep for the whole race.

Ummm... they were stupid, they took the first one they came to. They thought it was an enormous kitty litter box.

Lynn and Alex, for sure! They have that "Broadway" quality about them.

They liked them the best and were just showing their affection.

Oh, I just can't! Not PG-13 anyway.

They would've been the laughing stock of all of South Carolina.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •