The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
I want to go back to TAR I and have these teams figure out where they are going. Take the ferry or cargo ship? Get a clue of where the place is (a picture, puzzle, etc.) and then find it. Not take this flight, take our truck, take the bus, and go right here to get direction to your next stop, they are not clues any more.

Yes, people will get lost and, oh no, maybe there will be less bunching but I think it’s a critical part of the game that they have taken out of most of the legs (loved the NY girls (?) blowing by the waterfall).

Also, why were the people on the earlier flight allowed to get on the last flight just because their plane broke? That’s the breaks and they may have landed 5 minutes later, 50 minutes then scheduled. They did not do it last TAR’s with the hurricane hitting Boston so why allow it this time. You were supposed to take that plane so unless they cancel it they should have taken it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Take this flight, take our truc... Karchita 03-02-05 1
 RE: Take this flight, take our truc... realitybites 03-02-05 2
   RE: Take this flight, take our truc... popeave 03-02-05 3
   RE: Take this flight, take our truc... ElroyJetson 03-02-05 4
       RE: Take this flight, take our truc... FesterFan1 03-02-05 5
       RE: Take this flight, take our truc... TeamJoisey 03-02-05 6
       RE: Take this flight, take our truc... bystander 03-02-05 8
           RE: Take this flight, take our truc... ohmyheck 03-02-05 10
               RE: Take this flight, take our truc... bystander 03-07-05 17
 RE: Take this flight, take our truc... TeamJoisey 03-02-05 7
   RE: Take this flight, take our truc... popeave 03-02-05 9
   RE: Take this flight, take our truc... PrimeCupEevee 03-02-05 11
       RE: Take this flight, take our truc... anotherkim 03-02-05 12
   RE: Take this flight, take our truc... dirob 03-04-05 15
 RE: Take this flight, take our truc... Earl Colby Pottinger 03-03-05 13
   RE: Take this flight, take our truc... dragonflies 03-03-05 14
       RE: Take this flight, take our truc... Ruthless 03-04-05 16
   RE: Take this flight, take our truc... Spidey 03-07-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-02-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Yes, I was suprprised and disappointed that they teams on the first flight were allowed to change when their flight was delayed. They had pre-assigned flights, so they should have had to take their lumps. I don't like that kind of inconsistency.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
>I want to go back to TAR I and have these teams figure out where
>they are going.

I agree with you, and I'm sure I've said similar things before. I'm not terribly optimistic about it happening; the producers seem more interested in showing the same zip line over and over again.

>Also, why were the people on the earlier flight allowed to get
>on the last flight just because their plane broke?

Because (1) they asked, and (2) the people in charge accommodated them. I thought it was a fair thing to do, and they're lucky they could do it for them.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
One of my favorite clues ever was when they were told to go from Europe to the tallest buildings in the country whose flag they were given. It was Malaysia, and the buildings were the Petronas Towers, and it was great that they needed to figure out where they were going. One or two teams knew right away what flag it was, but most had to do some thinking or asking to find the answer. I'd love to see more of that kind of thing. Probably won't, though.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-05, 03:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Because (1) they asked, and (2) the people in charge accommodated them. I thought it was a fair thing to do, and they're lucky they could do it for them.

I totally disagree. Using this logic, the 7:00 fliers could have (1) asked to get on the 6:00 flight and it would have been fair. Why does a malfunctioning plane allow the hindered to break the rules?

Elroy

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-05 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

Using this logic, the 7:00 fliers could have (1) asked to get on the 6:00 flight and it would have been fair.

Ummm, no it wouldn't. I think it was a reasonable accommodation, if it could've been made, to have the 7:00 teams leave at 7:40 with the teams who, by all sense of "fairness", should've been 40 minutes behind them.

There shouldn't be a risk element involved with this task. They got the clues that entitled them to an earlier flight fair and square. The intent of that portion of the leg was to have 3 groups leaving at different times, giving an advantage to the 3 who found the earliest flight, then the 4 who found the next earliest, and relegating those who, presumably, though not as it happened, pulled up the rear in getting to the beach to the latest flight. The second flight was delayed through no fault of the teams on it. If anything, it was unfair that they had to leave at the same time as the 7:40 group.

It's completely different from the usual airport free-for-alls, where anything goes. This was a structured task with associated benefits and penalties.

Fester

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-02-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
I don't think they "broke the rules."
They asked the airline to give them a break.
They could have easily been denied, but it never hurts to ask.

I'd be more interested to know if there was some pressure from the producers to put them all on the same plane.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-02-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Look at it this way

1. There were 3 flights. Obviously the first two flights had a limited number of seats so that all the contestants couldn't be on the first flight.

2. Hypothetically, if all the contestants arrived at the airport so late that they missed the first two flights they would most-likely all be allowed on the only remaining flight that Mark Burnett pre-booked for them. Given this there must have been extra seats allotted for the contestants on the third flight.

3. Since it was the second flight that was delayed, the contestants simply took the seats on the third flight that were already set aside for TAR. Noone actually took an earlier flight, just the fact that the second flight was delayed caused them to jump to the later flight which ended up leaving earlier.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-05, 06:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Mark Burnett is SURVIVOR

Amazing Race is BERTRAM VON MUNSTER

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-07-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Darn it, I got the wrong producer! Sorry MB, didn't mean to give you props for a better show than your own.

I guess I watch too much reality tv....all the shows are fading together....who will get voted out..uh..eliminated next....what did Rob and Amber sing on American Idol last week....Did China Doll get voted off the Island in Survivor?....I thought Amber had a crush on Christopher Knight....uh no, that's Flav.

Oh well, the intent of the message is still the same.

I guess.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-02-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-05 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

I agree with ya, Hobbes.

They are being given instructions, not clues.

My favorite clue, and I think this was in the first season, was when they were given a photograph of an unnamed person and told to find him somewhere in that city. The "clue" was the building in the background, and the angle from which the photo was taken.

More puzzles, less instructions!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Maybe we'll still see some real "clues". Last TAR they had to find the grave of that Black Poet in Synagogue, given only some lines of his poetry. Still it wasn't too tough to figure it out - they might not have a lot of famous poets to choose from there. I hope we can get more than "go to Felipe's booth - it's the only one with people at it."

PrimeCupEevee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-05, 09:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
For the record, the building clue was Mexico City on leg one of TAR 3.

I liked the TAR 5, leg 5 Egyptian clue where Teams had to assemble a puzzle and go to the spot where the missing piece was for the next clue. I really thought Kami and Karli showed stupidity, just walking through the desert until they ran into something. If it was not for Chip, they'd be walking through Zambia right now ("Have you seen any pyramids?).

I agree that they need more clues. Maybe with TAR 8 and more people, they can make a hard puzzle clue, as there are more people to help solve it.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"

If it was not for Chip, they'd be walking through Zambia right now ("Have you seen any pyramids?).

LMAO. I'd forgotten all about that. Lord, I hated those stupid twins.

--I agree. Bring back the scavenger hunt aspect of the game. It's what made it interesting.

dirob 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-04-05, 00:20 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
I totally agree that the "challenges" presented to the racers aren't much of a challenge!

One of my favorite clues/challenge was in TAR5 in the Philippines where the last remaining racers had to boat around islands with different flags on it and the next clue would be found in the island with the Philippine flag. Not only did it delay Colin and Christie, it made Colin admit being an "ignorant American" for not getting a guide book or be more observant arriving at the country's airport where the flag would be most prominent! A gem of a moment in TAR history!

I really hope that we see more of these types of challenges instead of yet another zip line/carry this load/look for a truck/eat a pizza brain busters!

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
Agree that it is just a list of instructions instead of clues. Since when has a list of instruction not turned out enough to mess-up the runners by itself.

Remember - old people did not read all the instructions - out.
Creep and Creepy (J&V) read them but did not follow them - out.
Muscles and Muscles said they would read them, still did not read them - out.

Clues? Just reading some lines of text is a major hurdle for some people - I know, I do computer tech support. I been on a service call for a printer that would not print. Arrived to find the glowing display saying the following "Out of Paper in MP Tray", put paper that was sitting right beside the printer into the tray, and it starts printing. The MP tray stand for Mutli-Purpose tray. It is the first one on the very front any printer has one - ie is in plain view, not hidden inside the printer.

Just getting people read what is in front of them is hard at times.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
LOL!
you are right that some people are reading challenged. However, those same people might be stronger in solving puzzles, rhymes, whatever. I like the idea of getting back to clues and not instructions.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-04-05, 06:00 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
TAR1 had more clue-likeclues as well.

Go to the smoke that thunders (Victoria Falls)

Go to country depicted by this flag (Tunisia)

Find the man standing near this building (Tunisia)

Go to this city (El Jem - clue on a lighter - Tunisia)

Go to the Taj Mahal Hotel (they were shown a small model of the Taj Mahal - India)

TAR3 had some as well

Add up the Swiss Francs or count the trees/numbers on the clock/etc. to get the combination to a safe (Switzerland)

Go to the tallest building in this country (Petronas Towers in Malaysia) - Already mentioned above (I'd actually forgotten about that one)

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Take this flight, take our truck, go to this stand…..it's not a clue anymore"
I been on a service call for a printer that would not print. Arrived to find the glowing display saying the following "Out of Paper in MP Tray",

Heh. Mr. Spidey got an after hours tech call once with the same problem. Despite the client's insistence there was paper in the tray, it would not print. Sunday night, double-overtime, Mr. Spidey drives an hour to her office to, yep, put paper in the tray.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •