The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
FOX is at it again trying to confuse the homosexuals with the heterosexuals! A new show beginning June 7th called Seriously Dude, I'm Gay has straight men "living" the gay life style in West Hollywood and going before a jury of their queers! The straight male that can convince the gays that he is gay will win $50,000.

Well, here is the article and the firstorm that the press release caused yesterday!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25870-2004May13.html

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay mistofleas 05-14-04 1
   RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-14-04 2
       RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay mistofleas 05-14-04 4
           RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-15-04 5
               RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay Estee 05-15-04 10
                   RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-15-04 11
 RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay Asrai 05-14-04 3
   RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-15-04 6
       RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay brvnkrz 05-15-04 7
           RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-15-04 8
               RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay brvnkrz 05-15-04 9
                   RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-15-04 12
 RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay Estee 05-17-04 13
   RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-17-04 14
       RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay Estee 05-17-04 15
           RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-17-04 16
               RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay Estee 05-17-04 17
                   RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-17-04 18
 Another one bites the dust SilverStar 05-27-04 19
   RE: Another one bites the dust volsfan 05-27-04 20
 RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay FarmBoy 05-27-04 21
   RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay volsfan 05-27-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Wait, wasn't this an episode of Will & Grace guest starring Matt Damon as the straight guy trying to get into the Gay Mens Choir?

Vols is pulling our legs.

Please. Please Vols. Be pulling our legs?

--begs it all to not be true

05-14-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
I pull not!

Actually, that is one of my favorite episodes of WAG! Matt did a great job!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
I pull not!

Excuse me...I'm beggin' over here!

Have you no mercy?

Tell me it isn't true.

Lie if you have to.

--loves it when there are back to back WAG's

05-15-04, 09:32 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Sorry Misto, I have to calls em as I sees em and looks like this is the truth!

Me too!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
I'm not summarizing it.

I'm not even summarizing it if it goes off the air.

In fact, I'm going to send a chain letter to the FOX programming board. Who's with me?

05-15-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
I think it is so strange that they would do something like this with PIS and Forever Eden being "postponed" and start something new!

You know, FOX will prolly put it in the 8pm Friday night time slot! The best one for a new reality show!

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Well, duh Vols!

Oh, you meant the show! Heehee! I think I might get pulled into this one, just outta curiousity!

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

05-15-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
As long as the men are cute...I will be watching!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
I saw the ad for this on TV last night. I was laughing my ass off. Not sure I will watch it though. So will the 2nd season be gay men trying to convince straight men that they are straight?

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.
CASH Wine gopher

05-15-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Were the men hot?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
How would I know?
And aren't all gay men hot?

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.
CASH Wine gopher

05-15-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
You are so right...what the hell was I thinking?

Brvn...did you see the new Road Rules cast? Some hotties!

05-17-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
This is from the TV column in a local paper, today's edition.

'last week the network announced yet another delightful reality special: "Seriously, Dude, I'm Gay." In it, two straight men will, according to the press release, study "the gay lifestyle" -- because, of course, all gay people have the exact same lifestyle -- and try to convince their friends, family, and a panel of gay judges that they're homosexual. The winner will get 50 grand, chicken feed by reality prize standards.

You would think Fox execs would have learned from the abject failure of Playing It Straight that America isn't interested in seeing straight men pretend to be gay'

(Errr... it was the other way around, wasn't it?)

'but that gives them too much credit.

'Still, just when you think no one at Fox has any shame, consider this: the original press release for the show opened with the line "It's a heterosexual man's worst nightmare: turning gay overnight" and refered to the judges as "a jury of their queers." Within four hours, a revised version of the release was put out, minus those two lines and plus an apology for "our failed attempt at humor."' (Alan Sepinwall, Star-Ledger)

As far as solid game information goes, then: two contestants, one panels of judges, very small prize, and having to spend months/years/lifetime/multiple incarnations afterwards explaining to your family that you're actually straight, you're just a DAW.

Gee. What fun. I can hear the ratings climbing from here.

05-17-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Yeah and I will summarize the first show and you can summarize the last...er er second show!

05-17-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
If they're running it as a special, it could be one night, one show, two hours. In which case, it's all yours.

And if it's two, three, eight shows, it's still all yours.

05-17-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
hehehe! Oh come on Estee...you know you want to write a summary for this!

05-17-04, 08:14 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Amazingly, I really don't. My capacity for pain, while considerable, does have limits. And there's a whole summer of bad reality shows coming up. I have to pace myself.

05-17-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Good idea! I need to pace myself as well!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Another one bites the dust"
I just heard on the radio that they cancelled this show. At least they canned it before they aired part of it and we got interested in it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.
I'm still very bitter over the cancellation of PIS!

05-27-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Another one bites the dust"
It doesn't surprise me that it was cancelled and like you...thank goodness they didn't show us 3 episodes and yank it from us!

I am the most upset over PIS! I thought the show was very entertaining!

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-27-04, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Why can't FOX just leave us alone.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
Your WSC3 SR Winner

05-27-04, 10:15 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Seriously Dude, I'm Gay"
Evidently they like to terrorize a certain segment of the population!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •