The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"stupidest tribe ever"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"stupidest tribe ever"
I have enjoyed watching S3 and had especially liked the Boran Tribe. They seemed to play smart, get rid of people logically and seemed to be generally nice guys. However, after last night, I have to think they are the stupidest tribe that god has ever created. They wenjt into the merge with a 6-4 lead and the first thing they do is vote out 2 of there own so they no longer have an edge. With the fact that several Borans have votes against them and none of the others know of any votes (FRank's vote is still a secret as far as I know), they have taken the title of stupidest tribe away from Pagong who blindly believed there was no alliance against them, even thought they kept losing votes week after week. Even if they suspecdted Kelly of betraying them, why did they have to target her for extinction. THey could have gone after someone like Frank or Kim and kept an advantage.

Lex deserves this the most. His tribe collapsed because of his paranoia.

Ethan Tom and MamaKim have some responsibility for not stopping this stupid action. I can't believe no one spoke up from the Boran tribe to stop this.

I expect Brandon to return to his old tribe and now get rid of an old Boran on a weekly basis for the next month

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: stupidest tribe ever Frank15 12-07-01 1
   Totally disagree with both of you BigBastard 12-07-01 2
 actually Yazimodo 12-08-01 3
   Wrong! Frank15 12-08-01 4
       RE: Right! Afreaqua 12-12-01 7
           RE: Right! psileste 12-12-01 8
   Lex's powerlust will be the death ... anotherkim 12-10-01 5
   RE: actually.....NO Afreaqua 12-12-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Frank15 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-07-01, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frank15 Click to send private message to Frank15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: stupidest tribe ever"
I agree, that yes, Boran is the stupidest tribe ever. And Lex, perhaps, the stupidest contestant ever. Even Ogakor from last season knew not to get rid of Jerri until they could do so safely (when Ogakor had a 5-3 advantage). Ethan disappointed me, too, as I thought he, at least, was smarter than this, and would talk some sense into the rest of his Boran tribe that "hey, if we get 4-4, and two of us have past votes everyone knows about, and we don't know of any past votes they have, we're in trouble!" They needed Kelly as a fifth wheel, at least until next week--they couldn't afford to lose another of their own until next week. Couldn't Lex have waited until next week for his revenge on Kelly, to keep the Boran advantage? He'd still be a jerk, but at least a slightly more intelligent one.

Talk about a twist, (and Marky didn't even plan this one! He must be quite pleased with the contestants he chose this game!), unlikely as it seemed from the beginning, it looks like Samburu has a great chance to win this thing now!

BigBastard 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-07-01, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BigBastard Click to send private message to BigBastard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Totally disagree with both of you"
Marky DID plan this. The entire switcharoo caused it! Lex had some time to spend with Brandon, and that's why he trusts him. The switcharoo forced them to bond with the others, and thus destroy predictability in the game. Burnett, as far as I'm concerned is a GENIUS.

Also, now that Brandon actually DID vote with Lex, that shows Lex that he is indeed trustworthy. (Even if he's probably playing him...)

Old tribal lines are not what they used to be anymore because of that switch. It's no longer "I have to vote with my tribe" BS anymore. Now it's, "MAKE AN ALLIANCE WITH ANYONE: WHETHER THEY ARE IN MY OLD TRIBE OR NOT", and that is exactly what Mark Burnett wanted, and exactly what they are doing.

Better TV, better strategies, more unpredictability. The winner of this version of Survivor will have truly EARNED it - unlike the first two who simply coasted through on alliances.

Yazimodo 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-08-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Yazimodo Click to send private message to Yazimodo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "actually"
At first, i also thought Lex and the rest of Boran were the stupidest mofos ever to play but now i kinda understand why the acted the way they did.

The reason Lex targetted Kelly is because, in his mind, there really is no one else who could have voted for him.

-He doesnt know Teresa all that well.

-The rest of OldSamburu DID NOT vote for him, only ONE person did. There really is no possible way he could have guessed T voted for him. Logically, if she wanted to vote for him, Lex would imagine at least Frank would also. Frank didnt.

-He probably guessed Clarence would try to get people to get Lex voted off, tryin to save himself.

-Kelly and Clarence were close. They were friends and they were the only two (apparently) from OldBoran who seemed to dislike him.

So, if you were Lex and you had to guess, from everyone there, who voted WITH Clarence, who's the likeliest?

And about Boran. Assuming Kelly voted for Lex (against THEIR group), she wouldnt have simply gone against just Lex, she went against THE GROUP. Had Kelly been the one, she would have endangered THEIR OWN survival by weakening their core alliance. And they trusted Lex more than her (based on the fact they thought she was the one who voted for Lex). Friendships dont really matter.

So, what did Lex do? He tried to maintain an advantage. He got Brandon on his side. He chose Brandon because he was the easiest to convert. He doesnt really know Te and F. Plus, just before the merge, after the TC where Lindsey left, Brandon was going on and on and on about how he just took Silas and Lindsey to his side by necessity. Its like a buisness transaction to both Lex AND Brandon.

Boran and Lex didnt necessarily lose control over the game. No one here really knows what Brandon is thinkin. He may feel he has a better chance with Lex than with Teresa.

It was the best decision they could make... considering the information they had. I dont think anyone knows (even oldSamburu) that it was actually Te's vote.

If you were part of Boran, would you just let someone like Kelly who voted against your group on the FIRST TC after the merge just continue? She would just try to get Samburu to vote against you. (And she did...)

Frank15 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-08-01, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frank15 Click to send private message to Frank15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Wrong!"
The reason Kelly alligned herself with Samburu was only out of necessity--her tribe turned against her first!

Brandon has a choice now--he could be the fifth wheel of the Boran alliance or the fourth wheel of the Samburu alliance. Unless he's a complete idiot, which I somehow doubt, he should realize being the fourth wheel is a better position than being the fifth wheel, and vote with Samburu next week.

Lex COMPLETELY overreacted to the two votes he got from Tribal Council. He's not the first person to get votes from someone besides the person voted off. He did handle it differently, though. He should have kept his cool, first off. Second, even if he didn't like Kelly, should have kept her around for another week. Even if he didn't trust her, there was no reason he shouldn't have waited until next week to turn the tribe on her, to keep the Boran advantage. Lex was not thinking. He was simply acting on emotion, not logic, and in doing so, has completely ruined his chances of him, or any other Boran member, winning the game.

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Right!"
"Brandon has a choice now--he could be the fifth wheel of the Boran alliance or the fourth wheel of the Samburu alliance. Unless he's a complete idiot, which I somehow doubt, he should realize being the fourth wheel is a better position than being the fifth wheel...."

He may not have even BEEN fourth wheel, he could have even been third wheel. Now, if Samburu takes him back (they might HAVE to unless someone from Boran defects)....Brandon is definately going to be last wheel in that alliance too.

psileste 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail psileste Click to send private message to psileste Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Right!"
>He may not have even BEEN
>fourth wheel, he could have
>even been third wheel. Now,
>if Samburu takes him back
>(they might HAVE to unless
>someone from Boran defects)....Brandon is
>definately going to be last
>wheel in that alliance too.

Hi, first time poster here.

A couple of points: Isn't it possible that all of OS was in on Brandon's plan, but pretended not to be? I mean, why would it really matter if Lex or Kelly went as long as it was someone from Boran? This way, OS could make OB think that Brandon is a defector when they knew all along he was going to vote for Kelly. Couldn't this have been the big Samburu move? Convince Boran that Kelly's the snake, give them a Samburu vote to confirm the vote will go as they want, and load Lex up on votes at the same time. Next week Brandon comes back to the fold. If Lex doesn't win immunity, he's easy pickin's and Samburu has the advantage again. I think it's at least possible that OS only wanted it to look like Brandon was changing sides because if all of OS had said "let's vote for Kelly" it would have been too obvious that they were targeting a Boran. This way it looks like Brandon is doing them a favor at the expense of his old alliance. Of course he did say something like "I hope they'll take me back" or something like that, but that could have just been to hide from the viewers that it was a Samburu plan, couldn't it?

The second thing I wanted to say was that I keep reading about Lex and his ego, and that was probably part of it, but my first impression about his being upset about getting two votes when Clarence was booted was that he was freaking out a little bit because he was no longer feeling secure about his alliance. Not so much that he personally got a vote, but that the alliance might be in trouble. The fact that he became so convinced that it was a Boran makes me feel even more this way. It was stupid, no doubt. He should have suspected Teresa. But rather than freaking out because someone dared to vote for him, I really felt like he might be freaking out because people who he thought were solid suddenly felt a lot less solid.

Maybe I missed something that would discount this theory, but I'm going by what I've seen and read.

OK, this is long enough for a first post. I enjoy reading all your messages.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-01, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Lex's powerlust will be the death of him"
and it is his own stupid fault.

Obsessing over that vote was the single dumbest act on Survivor...forget MamaKim dumping the water...this is absolutely stupid.

Had Lex stopped worrying over who didn't like him and who would dare challenge his power, he would have realized that a Samburu had to go-he could have smoked out the snake the next week. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

His pitiful attempt at honor or whatever it was, led him to alienate Kelly when he needed her most. If he felt the need to vote for Kelly,he should have at least kept his big mouth shut and brought her along blindly. Instead he guaranteed that she would switch over and pile up more votes on him...how stupid can you be?

And then to offer Brandon Kelly's 5th place spot?? Well, dumbo, now Brandon can count...1, 2, 3, Samburus, hmmmmguess 4th beats 5th any day.

There was no smart, logical reason for him to make this move this week...take out a Samburu and then you can butcher your tribe all you want.

Kiss that money goodbye, Lex...and Kim , Ethan and Tom, you can too.

Kim

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: actually.....NO"
"The reason Lex targetted Kelly is because, in his mind, there really is no one else who could have voted for him.

-He doesnt know Teresa all that well."<---------All the more reason to suspect her.

"-The rest of OldSamburu DID NOT vote for him, only ONE person did. There really is no possible way he could have guessed T voted for him."<----------How about those hours of bonding Clarence and Theresa did at the IC....what could they have been chatting about? Couldn't he have imagined they may have made some sort of deal?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •