The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S29 | Ep02 | VidCap Analysis *No So..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-14, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EXAMINING the QUIT"
Solid points, all around, FP.
Although, I do have some reservations...

1. Baylor's "This means war" comment has no real validity if someone is contemplating the quit. What war? With who? Why would it be a featured phrase if nothing comes of it?

2. Dale, while having a difficult time watching his daughter compete, does not seem to be suffering emotionally (or physically) from his survivor experience at Coyopa. Even though he did voice concerns over his perceived lack of social game, in the beginning, he is currently in a majority alliance and the people he wants to target are getting the boot. From a game standpoint, he shouldn't really be concerned. So, in order for it to be Dale (as the quitter), it would have to be emotional quit and frankly, I don't see him as an emotionally driven personality.
Unless something huge happens this week, with the tribal dynamic, there is no real reason for Dale to NOT be enjoying his experience and his position in the game.
If he starts in on someone from a righteous point of view, I can definitely see him as a bootee target, but I just don't see it happening from a quitting standpoint.

3. JPs outfit. Yes, they are indeed the same. But I guarantee, JP does NOT have 39 shirts and 39 pairs of shorts. So wearing the same outfit, weeks later, is completely possible. Also, he only has 3 hats. And while it would seem to be quite a coincidence that JP is wearing the same three items at 2 different moments in the filming, I think it's just that. A coincidence. 2 different days, 2 different events, but the same combination of clothing.
And honestly, it looks to me like the shorts are darker in the quitting cap than they are in the IC3 pics. Shirt and hat are definitely the same though.

4. I also believe that the "season tease" events are all different/unrelated. The quitter not related to the War proposed by Baylor, different than the Julie's feelings of being disrespected, different than Keith's feelings of relief after "he" is gone, different than Wes crying. etc. I doubt that a string of these events all happens in one episode. And of as this moment, I'm not sold that a quitter is revealed for this episode at all.

What I'd like to add is that it is obvious that when JP states "You just lost a member" he is on Coyopa beach. So the "lost member" (even if they don't actually quit) is from Coyopa. OR Coyopa beach is the site of the merged tribe when this event happens.

Finally, every previous time someone has quit, it is a focus of the promos. Lindsey's quit, NaOnka's quit, Dana's quit, Colton's quits, etc. all got teased in the promos.
This week's tease is all about John. John's past and John's future. With nods to Baylor and Josh possibly turning the game around and the "possibility" of Wes being emotional over sending his pop to IC. But we've never been completely surprised. And unless Dale gets some focus in this week promos, I doubt it's him. (Strangely, I can see JohnR as a possibility for quit this episode. But...)

I wholeheartedly agree that the focus on JohnR is complete misdirection, but it is most likely due to the fact that the actual boot is too easy to figure out. *ahem, Jaclyn*

Although, I do have to state, that I have gone my own route before and not listened to FloPo's insightful analyses and been VERY wrong in doing so. So while I would be surprised that Dale quits AFTER the challenge, I can't really argue with the sound arguments you make for him actually doing as such.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S29 | Ep02 | VidCap Analysis *No So...   Sheldor     09-25-14       
   RE: S29 | Ep02 | Season Promo   Sheldor     09-25-14     1  
     Next week vidcaps vs future vidcaps   Flowerpower1     09-30-14     5  
         RE: Next week vidcaps vs future vid...   Sheldor     10-01-14     10  
             RE: Next week vidcaps vs future vid...   Flowerpower1     10-01-14     11  
     Something I noticed   Outsider32     10-05-14     12  
         RE: Something I noticed   tribephyl     10-05-14     14  
             RE: Something I noticed   Outsider32     10-07-14     21  
     Revisiting the "future" promo....   Flowerpower1     10-05-14     13  
     EXAMINING the QUIT   Flowerpower1     10-06-14     15  
         RE: EXAMINING the QUIT   tribephyl     10-06-14     16  
             RE: EXAMINING the QUIT   Flowerpower1     10-06-14     17  
                 RE: EXAMINING the QUIT   michel2     10-06-14     18  
                     RE: EXAMINING the QUIT   Flowerpower1     10-06-14     19  
                         RE: EXAMINING the QUIT   tribephyl     10-07-14     20  
                             RE: EXAMINING the QUIT   RachelOH1     10-07-14     22  
                                 RE: EXAMINING the QUIT   Sheldor     10-08-14     23  
   S29 | Ep02 | Press Images   Sheldor     09-25-14     2  
   S29 | Ep02 | Promo   Sheldor     09-29-14     3  
   S29 | Ep02 | Web Promo   Sheldor     09-29-14     4  
     RE: S29 | Ep02 | Web Promo   michel2     09-30-14     7  
         RE: S29 | Ep02 | Web Promo   Flowerpower1     09-30-14     8  
   Hidden Idol Clues...   Flowerpower1     09-30-14     6  
     RE: Hidden Idol Clues...   Sheldor     10-01-14     9  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •