The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 4 Special Voting Thread: Guess the Medical Emergency"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-13, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 4 Special Voting Thread: Guess the Medical Emergency"
Hope I'm not stepping on dabo's toes (since you are way too awesome for that), but I've come up with a secondary voting idea for this week.

We know that there's a medical emergency. Thanks to tribe's fabulous analysis, we know it happens between the RC and IC, and that the poor unfortunate soul is Shamar. What we don't know is why.

So...here's your chance to vote on why it happens. Do you think it's because of a Challenge Injury, a Camp Injury, or Illness? Please state one of those reasons in your subject line. If you want to go into more detail (please, not too graphic, some of us have weak stomachs), then by all means do so in your post.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Illness Bebo 03-06-13 1
 Illness SOAR64 03-06-13 2
 Camp Injury or Illness. Estee 03-06-13 3
 Probably illness Belle Book 03-06-13 4
 Illness - Diarrhea of the Mouth PepeLePew13 03-06-13 5
 Illness dabo 03-06-13 6
 He be Illin' and not just chillin' suzzee 03-06-13 7
 Illness tribephyl 03-06-13 8
 challenge injury parathor 03-06-13 9
 Injury SOAR64 03-06-13 10
   RE: Injury PepeLePew13 03-06-13 11
       RE: Injury SOAR64 03-06-13 12
 My guess kingfish 03-06-13 13
 Illness Flowerpower 03-06-13 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Illness"
I've been torn between a bruised ego and delusions of grandeur as the reason for his farewell. But I think his own words come back to haunt him...I know how to take care of myself.

We've already heard him say I'm no quitter and I'm not leaving, and we know neither of those turns out to be true. I'm going for the trifecta and think that because Mr. Lazypants just lies around in camp "conserving" himself that he hasn't been eating, drinking, or anything else the way he needed to and got sick.

The only way it could be a Camp Injury is if the others finally stabbed him in the back like he deserved for his laziness. Could be a Challenge Injury, since he may have injured himself trying to keep himself and others balanced on that pole. But I'm going with the good ol' Too Sick To Continue evac.

SOAR64 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-13, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Illness"
I'm leaning toward Illness. It does not take much to upset a persons digestive system when there is only small amounts of food and water available. Food poisoning, drinking water that has not been purified all add to the problem.

He may also have some lingering health issue from his war time experiences.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Camp Injury or Illness."
I was initially going with a terminal case of Grown-Ass Manity, but we would have had a conga line marching off the show. So I'm guessing a negative reaction to the local fauna (intestinal parasite infestation?), with a slight chance of bed/bamboo sores from lying around the camp all day.

Optionally, Reynolds may have rehidden the idol in a nearby orifice.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-06-13, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Probably illness"
Illness is the most likely reason. However, my second choice is a Challenge Injury like the last time they had Fans vs. Favorites -- Jonathan was injured in a challenge and it got infected, so he had to be med-evaced. The same thing could happen here.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Illness - Diarrhea of the Mouth"
It just runs and runs and runs and runs and runs, until he gets so dehydrated from all the hot air spewing out of his mouth that he has to be evacuated and placed on IVs.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Illness"
Chronic lethargy combined with a concussion sustained during the hurricane put him on the ground. Brain damage is a terrible thing to waste.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "He be Illin' and not just chillin'"
I wonder if Shamar has been sick all along. All his conserving energy speeches might be a big tough guy's way of covering for not feeling well right from day 1. I don't get the feeling he'd be willing to fess up even in confessionals. The longer he felt bad the testier he got with everyone which explains his attitude towards Eddie & Reynold.

Bite Me

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Illness"
MedTeam removes Shamar because of a severe case of Belly-Achin'.(along with an advanced case of bamboo sores.)

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-13, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "challenge injury"
Assuming it's Shamar: Probably a combination of crybaby-itis and hurting himself in the challenge. Probably something like:

Shamar: "I want to go home... so I need an excuse... I could stab myself with the axe, I guess... but then people would think I'm clumsy. I could twist my ankle walking, but then people would think I'm not good at walking... what to do, what to do..."

Sherri: "Hey Shamar, we really need you to step it up in the challenge, because you're so special and important and stuff..."

Shamar: "Oh thank you!! I am important! I'm totally going to give it 110% Grr, take that, you favorites! Ow, I hurt myself. Maybe I have a gash or something. Doctor, tell me that you usually take people out for something like this!"

Jeff/Dr: "We usually take people out for something like this?"

Shamar: "Guess I have to go... darn!"

03-06-13, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Injury"
Just thought of something. He could have had a disagreement or run in with that small monkey they keep showing. Shamar may have told the monkey to shut up and not talk to him. This could have provoked a confrontation in which Shamar could have become injured. He could have tried to climb a tree to teach the monkey a lesson. In which case being on the monkey's home turf the monkey had the advantage. After several efforts to reach the furry one, and several well placed bites from the small one, Shamar falls out of the tree and hurt himself requiring a medical evacuation. I hope they caught it all on camera.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Injury"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-13 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

STOP LOOKING AT ME! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO STARE AT ME ALL DAY? ARE YOU MOCKING ME WITH THOSE EYES? I'VE DEALT WITH LITTLE SCUM WORSE THAN YOU IN IRAQ, YOU SHUT UP YES YOU SHUT UP DAMN TARSIER SHUT UP. YOU JUST COME ON DOWN HERE AS I'M TOO LAZY TO GET OFF THIS BAMBOO BED AND LET ME TEACH YOU A LESSON ... uh oh ... stop! Reynold! Eddie! Sherri! Get this thing off me! (fades to silence)

03-06-13, 04:23 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Injury"
In Shamar's case, size didn't matter. Come to think of it, the small furry one finished off that grasshopper earlier in just a blink of an eye. He would have had no problem with Shamar.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "My guess"
Palabraitis (Having to hear too many words from those on the 'do not talk' list).

Actually, those that are evacuated are usually due to a injury or to intestinal problems. So I'll just guess that Shamu will find (like Bruce) that it is hard to s##t a brick.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Illness"
My thought is that it is not a Challenge injury, a camp injury, or an illness. DEHYDRATION is what he has warned everyone about from the git-go. Dehydration is what I think will take the big man down. Good riddance.

Shamar is the type of player that may not be too stable because of this experience. I am really surprised that production let's these war veterans with previous post traumatic stress issues even compete on shows like this. It's clear that he has issues with stress and anger management, and clearly his coping skills are not what they should be. I feel sorry for the guy....shame on EPMB!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •