URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8026
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 4 Special Voting Thread: Guess the Medical Emergency"

Posted by Bebo on 03-06-13 at 10:31 AM
Hope I'm not stepping on dabo's toes (since you are way too awesome for that), but I've come up with a secondary voting idea for this week.

We know that there's a medical emergency. Thanks to tribe's fabulous analysis, we know it happens between the RC and IC, and that the poor unfortunate soul is Shamar. What we don't know is why.

So...here's your chance to vote on why it happens. Do you think it's because of a Challenge Injury, a Camp Injury, or Illness? Please state one of those reasons in your subject line. If you want to go into more detail (please, not too graphic, some of us have weak stomachs), then by all means do so in your post.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Illness"
Posted by Bebo on 03-06-13 at 10:36 AM
I've been torn between a bruised ego and delusions of grandeur as the reason for his farewell. But I think his own words come back to haunt him...I know how to take care of myself.

We've already heard him say I'm no quitter and I'm not leaving, and we know neither of those turns out to be true. I'm going for the trifecta and think that because Mr. Lazypants just lies around in camp "conserving" himself that he hasn't been eating, drinking, or anything else the way he needed to and got sick.

The only way it could be a Camp Injury is if the others finally stabbed him in the back like he deserved for his laziness. Could be a Challenge Injury, since he may have injured himself trying to keep himself and others balanced on that pole. But I'm going with the good ol' Too Sick To Continue evac.

"Illness"
Posted by SOAR64 on 03-06-13 at 11:01 AM
I'm leaning toward Illness. It does not take much to upset a persons digestive system when there is only small amounts of food and water available. Food poisoning, drinking water that has not been purified all add to the problem.

He may also have some lingering health issue from his war time experiences.

"Camp Injury or Illness."
Posted by Estee on 03-06-13 at 11:29 AM
I was initially going with a terminal case of Grown-Ass Manity, but we would have had a conga line marching off the show. So I'm guessing a negative reaction to the local fauna (intestinal parasite infestation?), with a slight chance of bed/bamboo sores from lying around the camp all day.

Optionally, Reynolds may have rehidden the idol in a nearby orifice.

"Probably illness"
Posted by Belle Book on 03-06-13 at 12:50 PM
Illness is the most likely reason. However, my second choice is a Challenge Injury like the last time they had Fans vs. Favorites -- Jonathan was injured in a challenge and it got infected, so he had to be med-evaced. The same thing could happen here.

"Illness - Diarrhea of the Mouth"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-06-13 at 01:03 PM
It just runs and runs and runs and runs and runs, until he gets so dehydrated from all the hot air spewing out of his mouth that he has to be evacuated and placed on IVs.

"Illness"
Posted by dabo on 03-06-13 at 01:42 PM
Chronic lethargy combined with a concussion sustained during the hurricane put him on the ground. Brain damage is a terrible thing to waste.

"He be Illin' and not just chillin'"
Posted by suzzee on 03-06-13 at 02:43 PM
I wonder if Shamar has been sick all along. All his conserving energy speeches might be a big tough guy's way of covering for not feeling well right from day 1. I don't get the feeling he'd be willing to fess up even in confessionals. The longer he felt bad the testier he got with everyone which explains his attitude towards Eddie & Reynold.

Bite Me

"Illness"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-06-13 at 02:50 PM
MedTeam removes Shamar because of a severe case of Belly-Achin'.(along with an advanced case of bamboo sores.)

"challenge injury"
Posted by parathor on 03-06-13 at 03:26 PM
Assuming it's Shamar: Probably a combination of crybaby-itis and hurting himself in the challenge. Probably something like:

Shamar: "I want to go home... so I need an excuse... I could stab myself with the axe, I guess... but then people would think I'm clumsy. I could twist my ankle walking, but then people would think I'm not good at walking... what to do, what to do..."

Sherri: "Hey Shamar, we really need you to step it up in the challenge, because you're so special and important and stuff..."

Shamar: "Oh thank you!! I am important! I'm totally going to give it 110% Grr, take that, you favorites! Ow, I hurt myself. Maybe I have a gash or something. Doctor, tell me that you usually take people out for something like this!"

Jeff/Dr: "We usually take people out for something like this?"

Shamar: "Guess I have to go... darn!"

"Injury"
Posted by SOAR64 on 03-06-13 at 03:50 PM
Just thought of something. He could have had a disagreement or run in with that small monkey they keep showing. Shamar may have told the monkey to shut up and not talk to him. This could have provoked a confrontation in which Shamar could have become injured. He could have tried to climb a tree to teach the monkey a lesson. In which case being on the monkey's home turf the monkey had the advantage. After several efforts to reach the furry one, and several well placed bites from the small one, Shamar falls out of the tree and hurt himself requiring a medical evacuation. I hope they caught it all on camera.

"RE: Injury"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-06-13 at 04:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-13 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

STOP LOOKING AT ME! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO STARE AT ME ALL DAY? ARE YOU MOCKING ME WITH THOSE EYES? I'VE DEALT WITH LITTLE SCUM WORSE THAN YOU IN IRAQ, YOU SHUT UP YES YOU SHUT UP DAMN TARSIER SHUT UP. YOU JUST COME ON DOWN HERE AS I'M TOO LAZY TO GET OFF THIS BAMBOO BED AND LET ME TEACH YOU A LESSON ... uh oh ... stop! Reynold! Eddie! Sherri! Get this thing off me! (fades to silence)

"RE: Injury"
Posted by SOAR64 on 03-06-13 at 04:23 PM
In Shamar's case, size didn't matter. Come to think of it, the small furry one finished off that grasshopper earlier in just a blink of an eye. He would have had no problem with Shamar.

"My guess"
Posted by kingfish on 03-06-13 at 04:59 PM
Palabraitis (Having to hear too many words from those on the 'do not talk' list).

Actually, those that are evacuated are usually due to a injury or to intestinal problems. So I'll just guess that Shamu will find (like Bruce) that it is hard to s##t a brick.

"Illness"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-06-13 at 07:20 PM
My thought is that it is not a Challenge injury, a camp injury, or an illness. DEHYDRATION is what he has warned everyone about from the git-go. Dehydration is what I think will take the big man down. Good riddance.

Shamar is the type of player that may not be too stable because of this experience. I am really surprised that production let's these war veterans with previous post traumatic stress issues even compete on shows like this. It's clear that he has issues with stress and anger management, and clearly his coping skills are not what they should be. I feel sorry for the guy....shame on EPMB!