The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Ivette mental?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Ivette mental?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 08:34 PM (EST)

Maybe Ivette was just having an "Ivette" Day. Maybe we all have "Ivette" Days. But I bet that, after watching Ivette, we would completely understand if someone were to slap us silly when we do.

And I think that we would admit that we needed it.

Man, that woman is hard to take, you gotta pity her partner! And to have her and April on the same show, locked up together in the same house. Add in a Cap (for a while), a Howie and a Janelle. Counterbalanced by calming forces of Kaysar, Maggie, James Rachael, and maybe Sarah (and Janelle, sometimes). I suspect that these were very calculated moves by the producers and the Psyc. consultants. But I also suspect that they may not have known how extreme Ivette (and maybe April or even Cap) would be.

Bi-polar? Borderline? Not going to pretend to be a psyc., but I know that wild mood and energy fluctuations, exaggerated responses can be indicative of mental problems.

Anyone with Psychiatric training have an opinion?

Anyone have an opinion? (I know, silly question).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Ivette mental? J Slice 08-24-05 1
   Changing Title; Is Ivette a Genetic... kingfish 08-24-05 3
 RE: Is Ivette mental? Estee 08-24-05 2
   RE: Is Ivette mental? nailbone 08-26-05 10
   RE: Is Ivette mental? kingfish 08-26-05 12
 RE: Is Ivette mental? leianawd 08-25-05 4
   RE: Is Ivette mental? megpie 08-25-05 5
       RE: Is Ivette mental? Lisa0116 08-25-05 6
       RE: Is Ivette mental? leianawd 08-25-05 7
           RE: Is Ivette mental? kingfish 08-25-05 8
 RE: Is Ivette mental? nailbone 08-26-05 9
   RE: Is Ivette mental? megpie 08-26-05 11
 RE: Is Ivette mental? blondegal 08-27-05 13
   RE: Is Ivette mental? kingfish 08-27-05 14
       RE: Is Ivette mental? Snidget 08-27-05 15
       RE: Is Ivette mental? blondegal 08-27-05 16
       RE: Is Ivette mental? RollDdice 09-09-05 22
 Some clues...? HistoryDetective 08-27-05 17
   RE: Some clues...? pumpkinqueen 08-28-05 19
       RE: Some clues...? leianawd 09-09-05 21
   RE: Some clues...? leianawd 08-30-05 20
 RE: Is Ivette mental? Estee 08-27-05 18
 RE: Is Ivette mental? guccilizzy 09-09-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
How dare you lump her in with me and all the other bipolars out there?!?!

She's obviously got some kind of genetic mutation.

J Slice
(Re: the Berenstein bears being Jewish) Now they have to take over the talking bear market, too? - Femme

08-24-05, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Changing Title; Is Ivette a Genetic Mutation?"
Sorry Slice, didn't mean to put down BiP's, and I understand your taking offense about possibly being associated with Ivette (sincere, heartfelt apology there). Just as I'm sure you probably didn't mean to dis us genetic mutations.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
You'd think the man had never seen a fiery Latina before.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
Can you please spontaneuously combust for us?

o-

08-26-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
Hey sweetie, I'm still waiting on my "Bite me" invite!

(PS, it is flirting, I 'm sure of it!)

I know, I know, you're;
Of Lesonic descent,
A Certified Deep Diver of Muffinhaven Trench,
A card carrying member of the AAMCO elite, (I don't get that one)
You prefer cats over dogs, (I just got that one)

IOW ... I don't stand a chance!

(Thanks to Tribe who didn't complain when I stole it from him).

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-25-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
I believe her problem is simply that she is a......hope it won't be too much of a shocker................................A #####!!!! LOL. I'm sure she is a little touched in the head as well but I thinkthat her main problem is as simple as the word #####. Everything bothers her. God,you can't even make a facial expression, hell or even breath without her ranting and raving about it in the diaryroom. I don't know if ya all remember the first show when they sat around and introduced theirselves. Ivette told everyone that she is a waitress but not because she is stupid because she used to be a teacher it just paid more. Imagine her being a teacher? What the hell did she teach anyways....the art of finger painting?

megpie 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-25-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail megpie Click to send private message to megpie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
I agree with leianawd if she was a teacher what did she teach. I won't want her to teach my kids that's for sure. I just can't understand her mood swings. One time she is all happy, next she is ranting and raving. A little mental might explain it, but you can't be just a little mental or can you? Maybe she needs to look in a mirror once in a while at her own facial expressions. She might be Latin, but I have Latin friends and they don't act like her. She is getting on my nerous and I am hoping she goes soon. But my luck she will be in the final 2, oh I hope not.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-25-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
She taught ghetto arts and crafts and ghetto cooking......

08-25-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
I know all I could imagine is if my children had a teacher like her they might come home and say to me "I'm Latin so I might get loud momma" and calling everything ghetto and even worse saying I love Cappy! If she was actually a teacher she didn't quit because waitressing paid more she was FIRED!!!!!!!!!!

08-25-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
Another symptom? Losing grasp on reality? Ah hah! Ah Hah!

(Wait, thats me. So it's OK)

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
I think Tuesday's lovely DR sessions, mixed in with that horrendous goodbye video Thursday probably cleared up the answer to your question.

o-

megpie 129 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail megpie Click to send private message to megpie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
I agree with you nailbone. I can't believe she said those things to someone who is going to be on the jury. She certainly didn't use her brain. Oops, got to have a brain to use it! She has sealed her fate if she gets to the final 2. JMO

blondegal 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-27-05, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blondegal Click to send private message to blondegal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
For what it is worth: My guess is that it is a personality style/personality disorder.
It is really hard to know how she is in the real world, because this type of environment in and of itself creates understandable vigilance and distrust/suspiciousness, but if she is consistently like this outside the BB house, one would have to wonder about a paranoid personality style. The things that would make that possible are her excessive sensitivity to comments and actions of others and the tendency to interpret the actions of others as deliberately threatening and demeaning to her, and not being able to let it go. (eg. her comment to Rachael about being the poorest sport in the house after Rachael said "thanks beaubeau" or her comment to Kaysar about his not respecting women).

Again, being in this setting naturally creates a sense of mistrust so I may be way off base, but a paranoid personality tends to be easily slighted and quick to react with anger or counterattack, and is distrustful and suspicious of others. At their best, they place a high premium on loyalty, fidelity and working hard to earn and maintain loyalty, but at their worst they doubt that others will be loyal or faithful to them. They often suspect (on the basis of little or no evidence) that others are out to harm them, and may retaliate at any time angrily and with aggression. They often feel righteously indignant and unable to see their own role in conflict. They are untrusting, bear grudges and are unforgiving of insults or slights. At their best, they can be self-assured and confident in making decisions, good listeners and observers, sizing up individuals before entering into relationships with them and be assertive. At their worst, they are suspicious that the motives of others are malevolent and intent on harming them, and believe that they are being exploited or deceived and respond with aggression and even litigation.

Of course, even as I write this, I am thinking that being a contestant in Big Brother would be a sure way to at least temporarily create this style or make it more entrenched.

The other personality style that could be there would be a narcissistic style. They have a grandiose sense of self-importance and expect to be recognized as superior. They react to criticism with feelings of rage or stress, are interpersonally exploitive, taking advantage of others to achieve their own ends, have a sense of entitlement and require excessive admiration, have a preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty or love (?Cappy idealization??), lack empathy, are often envious of others or believe that others are envious of them, and can be arrogant or haughty in behaviour or attitude.

That's my abnormal psyche 101 guess for what it is worth.

08-27-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-05 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

Thanks Blondegal, that sounds about right. That really does seem to nail Ivette. Personality Disorder. I think, most assuredly, that Ivette has a personality disorder. Either that or she's just Crazy!! (no offense to our resident crazies).

I think that this setting is actually a pretty good one for making a diagnosis. It's a controlled environment, pretty much the same for all the HGs, so It's like a lab experiment with controls. If Ivette exhibits traits that seem to be indicative of anything (and your personality disorder observation looks very good), and the others don't, then, well, that should make a resulting diagnosis more accurate.

Unless of course, she's just a nut. (Psyche 000.01, that's about first grade, right?)

The narcisstic guess for Cappy was seems pretty good too!. Howabout April?

And (back to Ivette), if this an accurate diagnosis for Ivette, how might she be expected to react when she gets out of house and sequester, and finds out what America feels toward her. Is a train wreck in her future when she has to face the clash between what the real world thinks of her and the self image she has built up over the last few weeks?

Think she'll sue BB for their editing, or the other houseguests, like maybe rachael for making faces?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
With April other than lying so much (maybe pathologically) I'm not sure.

I think the analysis above by Blondegal sounds pretty spot on.

I was reading an article on lying in New Scientist and so much of her behavior (the telling stories over and over for example) fits someone in lie telling mode. I'd love to see what one of those people who can spot liars really well thinks when watching here (some people can see the microexpressions that almost always give liars away).

They'd probably get voted off right away, but I would love to see one of those human lie detectors on one of these shows just to hear their confessionals.

A Syren Creation

blondegal 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-27-05, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blondegal Click to send private message to blondegal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
Yes, Kingfish. You make an excellent point. The fact that all the contestants are in a similar environment and yet she reacts in this manner so much more frequently/strongly and in her own uniquely personalizing and aggressive way does indeed say something about her and her personality style. Good point.

And it is an excellent question how she will respond after the show when she is faced with having to objectively watch her behaviour on the tapes, and discover how viewers have perceived her behaviour. I wonder if she won't indeed either a) insist and believe that the editing has been inaccurate , b) insist and believe that her behaviour was justified in response to the terrible treatment and behaviour of other houseguests or c) try to convince herself and others that it was all part of strategy and the game, and so people saw her in a "role" and did not get to see the real her. ... However, her THERAPIST will be hoping for d) that epiphany (or emotional "trainwreck" as you say) upon being confronted with the huge discrepancy between her own internal beliefs/rationalizations/distortions vs. the reality/perception of others. Once she's recovered, they'd have lots to talk about in therapy!

Now April...I'll have to think about that for awhile. She's another interesting woman....hmmmm

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
... how might she (Ivette) be expected to react when she gets
out of house and sequester, and finds out what America feels toward her.

Not to mention her reaction when she learns that her girlfriend finds Janelle attractive.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Some clues...?"
Dingo over at Hamsterwatch made some speculations about Ivette recently: (if you follow the link, you'll need to scroll down)

I don't usually like to bring out too much of their personal stuff but the gloves are off here at Hamsterwatch for this crew:

Ivette's an interesting character - we've seen that by the difference in her house behavior to her Diaries - and she's got a ton of hostility to almost everyone except a few she chooses to be heroes: so far that's been Eric and James.. Maggie's dispensable and Ivette only lets her & everyone else think she's in charge when it's Ivette who's driving and that's odd: usually an attention-grabber like Ivette wants to take the credit and glory

She's jealous of Janelle - that's obvious to anyone - maybe even attracted to her too, but so what? It doesn't explain everything else, and she hasn't booted Janelle even though she knows she's no dummy (secret pairs again maybe? They are neighbors in Miami)

She's intelligent (she won at least two scholarships and graduated college), she's obviously not easily intimidated.. so why does this strong, gay woman cozy up to these het men? Why doesn't she like the word lesbian? Why does she say her mom was "only" a housewife? Why does she dig into everyone else's lives & backgrounds but gives up virtually nothing from her own?

I think there are some clues about who Ivette is in her Myspace profile.. a lot of the books & movies she lists are extremely violent with a smattering of romance.. she lists a slew of reality tv shows but told her cronies tonight she hates reality tv and has never seen BB

Does she need a male role model, a daddy figure? She's talked about having at least one brother in jail, but she credits her "hard working father" second in her profile only to her Maggie ("my worm"), and also credits "Papi" (likely her dad) as an influence.. so unless she was beaten or abused by a male family member, nothing appears out of place there.. appearances can be deceiving though.. maybe she doesn't have such a thing for Eric at all, maybe that's all exaggerated to keep Maggie's attention & loyalty.. and maybe her pact with James is just what I've been saying it is: insurance for each of them - nobody can hold it against them since they haven't kept it a secret

But the oddest and most disturbing thing that I've been holding back on is the quote under who she'd like to meet: "the man upstairs, papa in heaven, my baby, the judge who looked beyond my family's pain, the boy who i hope loses sleep over night for destroying my family..."

What the hell is that about? I don't think "my baby" is a child, but when someone mentions a judge and a destroyed family you can bet there's some heavy trauma there of some sort

Ivette's definitely more than she appears to be.. she starts setting up the coven's next target about 2-3 weeks in advance and starts the hatefest going.. by the time they're ready to be evicted all of them hate the new monster with a passion.. it's all personal for Maggie at least, maybe for April too but April goes along with anything if it's not directed at her.. Beau just rides the wind whichever way it goes.. maybe it's all calculated on Ivette's part, all game.. maybe she doesn't really hate any of the people she talks about so hatefully and making others hate them is just part of her game.. if so, that's beyond ugly in my opinion, and a million bucks can't buy it into being clean & pretty again.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-28-05, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Some clues...?"
who she'd like to meet: "the man upstairs, papa in heaven, my baby, the judge who looked beyond my family's pain, the boy who i hope loses sleep over night for destroying my family..."

interesting. it does sound like she has issues involving a father figure--which would also explain her fascination with cappy--i wonder if her brother destroyed her family, or if it was someone else...

i think it is very likely that she has a personality disorder--although i don't think that is unusual in the world of reality tv. i wanted to think it was all an act, but that really wouldn't make it any better--she is just so hateful.

then there's April--they seem to take turns being horrid. Maggie claims to have a mental health background--which could be a part of her game--but it is interesting that she teamed up with those 2. April & Ivette can't stand each other, and Maggie totally encourages their delusional, self-righteous behavior.

09-09-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Some clues...?"
Maggie teamed up with April and Ivette because she knows she can control them and so far she has.

08-30-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Some clues...?"
First of all thank you for sharing the info. and secondly I clicked on the link and read her profile, a bit weird. The only guess that I have is maybe she wants to meet the baby that she either gave up, aborted (especially if family is Catholic and strict and didn't want them to know),child she will have in the future or it could be someone that she just called baby. As for the judge and boy she hopes loses sleep the guess I have for that is maybe someone in her family was "falsely" accused of something resulting in a family member to go to jail and turmoil within the family,other than that I have nothing. The who she would like to meet section of her profile definately sparked some curiosty in me because it could be a clue for why she is the way she is.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
I'm not mental: I just have strange mental powers! I dreamed April's HoH victory before it happened, and now I'm going to devote all my sleeping hours to dreaming about getting a surprise visit from my SO. (I had the one about a million dollars before I ever heard from the show, so I think I'm covered there.)

I had a weird one last night about Rachel strapping me to one of her horses, kicking it, and sending the thing running into the desert. I wonder what that one means?

guccilizzy 110 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail guccilizzy Click to send private message to guccilizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is Ivette mental?"
I think she's going to lose it when she gets out and finds out how disappointed her Mom and girlfriend are in her. And, the topper will be that Tushy likes Janelle and doesn't like her obsession with Cappy. Ivette's head will explode. I bet they breakup! (Not that I want them to but I bet Ivette will view Tushy's opinion as a betrayal).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •