The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Phillip's Great Arguement"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-11, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Phillip's Great Arguement"
Phillip seems to think he has a winning case to present to the jury as to why he should win. Something that no one else has thought of. So, I think it might be interesting to try to figure out what it might be. Speculate.

For one thing, Phillip has played the game on his own terms. Everyone has been forced to deal with Phillip in his world from time to time. As much as he could he even had everyone buying, or at least understanding, his fantasy special ops game, Stealth R Us and the Three Degrees. His game got in everyone's way, at least to the extent that others were actually trying to play.

Personally, I think he has been pretty childish and indulgent, and weird in very off-putting way. But if he takes off the Mission: Impossible mask, who knows what Alfred E. Newman is lurking there.

Ideas?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Phillip's Great Arguement PepeLePew13 05-12-11 1
   RE: Phillip's Great Arguement dabo 05-12-11 2
 RE: Phillip's Great Arguement michel 05-12-11 3
   RE: Phillip's Great Arguement dabo 05-12-11 4
 RE: Phillip's Great Arguement parathor 05-13-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-11, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Phillip's Great Arguement"
He's also received recognition from Rooster and Julie, at least, for his work ethic around the camp, so if he comes across as sane and sounding like he has a good excuse for putting on the "crazy" act to keep himself in the game longer, he might get the 'begrudging respect' vote depending on who's he up against in the final vote.

05-12-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Phillip's Great Arguement"
I like that. Ashley and Natalie could be charged with being lazy, on the other hand they didn't do much to upset anyone so it would be difficult to deflect jury-anger against them. Not everything about Phillip would cause that anger, though he is carrying some of that if he gets to FTC. His oration might even draw some more of that anger his way if he's not careful.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Phillip's Great Arguement"
If I were Phil (Please God, no!) I'd tell everyone that Rob would have been voted out first if "I" hadn't saved him. Kristina had an idol and, with Francesquoi, she was going to use it to eliminate Rob but "I" saw that "I" could use Rob so "I" warned him.

I'd probably add that Rob had been doing everything "I" expected him to do, acting as "my" agent and "I" was his controller.

05-12-11, 09:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Phillip's Great Arguement"
I'd probably add that Rob had been doing everything "I" expected him to do, acting as "my" agent and "I" was his controller.

Well, that's just crazy enough to work! Actually, that part could backfire on him, but of course that is no reason to rule it out.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-11, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Phillip's Great Arguement"
Phillip has kinda/sorta hinted twice now that Rob is "snuggling" with the girls (a few weeks ago he said they were "wearing his underwear, literally" and then what he said this past episode as he was making a scene). I suspect (fear?) that this will be his comment to the jury. "Rob has been sleeping with the Three Degrees! Do you want a 'pig' to win, or a 'Gorilla/Lion'?"

I like Michel's idea that Phillip could claim to have been the one to save/use Rob (tipping him off about the idol and plot), instead of vice-versa, but that argument wouldn't really hold water for me, if I were on the jury. Seeing is believing, and we've seen Rob control Phillip, not the other way around. Still, Phillip is smart enough to use that, and crazy enough to think it'll work.

Likewise, we've seen Phillip act crazy-crazy. If he suddenly said "I was faking it, I'm really a great communicator and secret spy," no one would believe him. Maybe he's the greatest "secret agent" in the country, but until he starts acting normal for a long period, no one will believe the real him.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •