URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7690
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Phillip's Great Arguement"

Posted by dabo on 05-12-11 at 08:54 PM
Phillip seems to think he has a winning case to present to the jury as to why he should win. Something that no one else has thought of. So, I think it might be interesting to try to figure out what it might be. Speculate.

For one thing, Phillip has played the game on his own terms. Everyone has been forced to deal with Phillip in his world from time to time. As much as he could he even had everyone buying, or at least understanding, his fantasy special ops game, Stealth R Us and the Three Degrees. His game got in everyone's way, at least to the extent that others were actually trying to play.

Personally, I think he has been pretty childish and indulgent, and weird in very off-putting way. But if he takes off the Mission: Impossible mask, who knows what Alfred E. Newman is lurking there.

Ideas?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Phillip's Great Arguement"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-12-11 at 08:57 PM
He's also received recognition from Rooster and Julie, at least, for his work ethic around the camp, so if he comes across as sane and sounding like he has a good excuse for putting on the "crazy" act to keep himself in the game longer, he might get the 'begrudging respect' vote depending on who's he up against in the final vote.

Posted by dabo on 05-12-11 at 09:17 PM
I like that. Ashley and Natalie could be charged with being lazy, on the other hand they didn't do much to upset anyone so it would be difficult to deflect jury-anger against them. Not everything about Phillip would cause that anger, though he is carrying some of that if he gets to FTC. His oration might even draw some more of that anger his way if he's not careful.

Posted by michel on 05-12-11 at 09:18 PM
If I were Phil (Please God, no!) I'd tell everyone that Rob would have been voted out first if "I" hadn't saved him. Kristina had an idol and, with Francesquoi, she was going to use it to eliminate Rob but "I" saw that "I" could use Rob so "I" warned him.

I'd probably add that Rob had been doing everything "I" expected him to do, acting as "my" agent and "I" was his controller.

Posted by dabo on 05-12-11 at 09:29 PM
I'd probably add that Rob had been doing everything "I" expected him to do, acting as "my" agent and "I" was his controller.

Well, that's just crazy enough to work! Actually, that part could backfire on him, but of course that is no reason to rule it out.

Posted by parathor on 05-13-11 at 08:57 AM
Phillip has kinda/sorta hinted twice now that Rob is "snuggling" with the girls (a few weeks ago he said they were "wearing his underwear, literally" and then what he said this past episode as he was making a scene). I suspect (fear?) that this will be his comment to the jury. "Rob has been sleeping with the Three Degrees! Do you want a 'pig' to win, or a 'Gorilla/Lion'?"

I like Michel's idea that Phillip could claim to have been the one to save/use Rob (tipping him off about the idol and plot), instead of vice-versa, but that argument wouldn't really hold water for me, if I were on the jury. Seeing is believing, and we've seen Rob control Phillip, not the other way around. Still, Phillip is smart enough to use that, and crazy enough to think it'll work.

Likewise, we've seen Phillip act crazy-crazy. If he suddenly said "I was faking it, I'm really a great communicator and secret spy," no one would believe him. Maybe he's the greatest "secret agent" in the country, but until he starts acting normal for a long period, no one will believe the real him.