The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Best TC speech ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-17-10, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Best TC speech ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-10 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

I never thought I would say this, but Sandra's address to the jury may be the best speech to the jury in Survivor history.

Sandra realized that Russell was the most hated survivor ever prior to TC. She then made a short and sweet speech to that jury that made 1 main point. She told the jury I got to the end telling you guys that Russell was an awful human being and needs to be voted out. You ignored me at your own peril and that is why you are gone. That point was the perfect point to make to this jury. They hated Russell (if you watch the Ponderosa clips you can see how much he is disliked by the jury) and she validated that hate. I can't think of any speech that so succinctly made the exact point that the jury wanted to hear.

Can anyone think of any TC speech that was better?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Best TC speech ever? samboohoo 05-17-10 1
   RE: Best TC speech ever? CTgirl 05-17-10 2
       RE: Best TC speech ever? Round Robin 05-18-10 6
 RE: Best TC speech ever? Belle Book 05-17-10 3
 RE: Best TC speech ever? zazzy 05-17-10 4
 RE: Best TC speech ever? Flipper 05-17-10 5
   RE: Best TC speech ever? ADKer 05-18-10 10
 RE: Best TC speech ever? kingfish 05-18-10 7
   RE: Best TC speech ever? zazzy 05-18-10 9
       RE: Best TC speech ever? kingfish 05-19-10 11
           RE: Best TC speech ever? zazzy 05-19-10 12
 RE: Best TC speech ever? mysticjay 05-18-10 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-10, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
I tend to agree, although I think I recall Todd's being good as well because he talked about it being a game and made that sink in.

Sandra's one flaw I thought was addressed by Jerri in that she didn't really have Jerri's back. And if she did, we really didn't get to see her argue that.

I thought it was odd that we didn't see every jury member address all of them, and we didn't get the closing arguments. Were there none? Or were they just edited out?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-10, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
>I thought it was odd that
>we didn't see every jury
>member address all of them,
>and we didn't get the
>closing arguments. Were there
>none? Or were they
>just edited out?

This is one of the reasons I don't like a F3. In the interest of time we don't see everyone address everyone and I'm pretty sure that at least one other time we didn't hear closing statements from the F3 either.

Danielle's comments to Russell about everyone hating him made me think that there was a lot more said to him that we didn't see.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-10, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
I'm sure they edited the hell out of it. I have read in the past that final TC's often last 2 hours or more and are heavily edited not only for time but for dramatic effect. It would have been overkill to show all the new @$$holes the jury probably tore in RussHell, so they just showed us a sampling of it. Even with the little bit they showed, and even if the season hadn't been so well spoiled, you could have easily figured that the Chrome Dome Gnome didn't win just based on the portions of the final TC that were shown.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-17-10, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
Perhaps Chris from Vanuatu, but this would certainly be in the Top 3. Sandra hated RussHell and wanted him gone -- or at least she didn't want him to win -- and that may be why she knew that the jury hated him and was able to tell them what they wanted to hear.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-17-10, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
I loved the point that Sandra made to the jury.

Sue's rat and snake speech in S1 is one of the most memorable speeches by a jury member for me.

I haven't seen all the seasons so I can't say whether Sandra's speech is the best.

Flipper 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-10, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flipper Click to send private message to Flipper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
As much as I admire Sandra & am happy for her win, I don't think I'd characterize her TC speech as one of the best ever (for sheer drama alone, I'd have to agree that Sue's Rat & Snake speech is the Shakespeare solioquy of all TC speeches). Actually I think Sandra's genius at TC has more to do with her amazing use of restraint and what she doesn't say. Russell called her lippy, & it would seem she cultivates that reputation (i.e. telling Russell she's against him), but she actually holds back a lot of key information & criticism because she's so conscious of jury votes and the social aspect of the game. Other finalists and even winners have been flippant at the final TC, pointing out their great strategy used to get the questioner out with an attitude of "I know I won't get your vote anyway, so who cares", but Sandra really knows when to hold back, as when Ben dismissed her as a riding Russell's coat tails. I'm sure she might have liked to tell him he was on the jury due to her wheeling & dealing in the background, but she didn't. His vote may truly have been lost to her under any circumstances, but another undecided juror may have been offended at her actions, so it was smart of her to keep quiet. I'd give her the prize for most effective, succint speech, but best strategic use of restraint ever. I want to also say that for me Rupert's speech was the most touching because he had been a favorite of mine in past seasons & this season he had a terrible edit right up until the end when he redeemed himself & possibly rallied some votes Sandra's way. Humble admissions of game play errors in Survivor are not often shown & I really appreciated seeing his changed attitude.

Flipper

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-10, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
Agree with you on all points but especially Rupert's speech. The man is the class act that he aspires to be.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-10, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
I'd say, in terms of achieving the goal of possibly swaying a few votes her way, that that was an effective speech. Maybe the best ever. Todd's speech might have been pretty effective also, but it's hard to compare the relative effects of the speeches. I myself was more affected by Sandra's speech than anyone else's.

I think Russ takes the cake as having made the most self-destructive speech, he actually has made two of them and both are ultimate examples. Even Amanda doesn't come close to his level of self-destruction.

Susan Hawk's speech was the most venomous, acid, and deluded speech ever, and because of that and the heat that accompanied it, it is the most memorable IMO. The "Rat and Snake Speech". But she was speaking a disgruntled juror, not as a finalist, and so doesn't qualify as a 'speech to the jury'.

05-18-10, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
The thread title is "best TC speech ever". Both jurors and finalists make speeches at TC. Some jurors ask questions and some just pontificate (from what we are shown). Pontificating is a speech imo.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-10, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
I see your point. Hawk's speech would probably win "most memorable (Best? Eh - I don't know about that) TC speeches ever". I'm feel sure that her speech will be remembered long after Sandra's is a faint memory.

However in the text it stated the condition as "best speech to the jury", which would rule Hawk's speech out.

05-19-10, 11:56 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
Yep. I'm just teasing ya'.

mysticjay 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-10, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticjay Click to send private message to mysticjay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Best TC speech ever?"
I agree. I wrote a blog post about Sandra's win yesteday, in which I said of the speech:

"While some question why she kept saying at the final tribal council that she tried over and over to get him out, it was obvious. She knew what the Heroes wanted to hear. They all love the game, and to have someone as horrible as Russell in the final three when the "good guys" could have, and should have, with Sandra's help, sent him packing weeks ago, was abhorrent to them. They already felt bad that they'd been duped by him. Here was someone that had offered to work with them that they had spurned, because they were naively dazzled by the evil that is Russell. Had they accepted her offer, the final three would have been three heroes.

Instead, it was King Russell and Queen Parvati, who had done all of them wrong. Russell the bully and Parvati his partner in everything. And Sandra, who despite having her alliance voted out and being turned down by the Heroes, still managed to make it to Day 39 on her own, without allies and without immunity."

http://spiral-gate.blogspot.com/2010/05/queen-sandra.html

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •