The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-09, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
According to SurvivorPhoenix, we do have a recap next week.
"The First 27 days" will offer never before seen footage...of Russell.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... vince3 11-20-09 1
   RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... SquidProQuo 11-20-09 2
       RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... Snidget 11-20-09 3
           RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... vince3 11-20-09 4
       RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... michel 11-20-09 5
 Recrap Press Release CTgirl 11-20-09 6
 RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... CTgirl 11-20-09 7
   RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... michel 11-20-09 8
       RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... CTgirl 11-21-09 10
           RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... tribephyl 11-21-09 11
 RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first... SquidProQuo 11-20-09 9
 Some teasers from Dalton Ross CTgirl 11-25-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
The Finale is on December 20.

If there is a Recap next Thursday, then we're either looking at:

Dec. 3: F9 -> F8 TC
Dec. 10: F8 -> F7 TC
Dec. 17: F7 -> F6 TC
Dec. 20, Finale: 3 Elimination TCs (Voting down to F5, F4, and F3), and Final TC.

or there is some kind of double elimination on one of the Thursdays so that the Finale starts with F5............

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-20-09, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
I thought the "Next time on Survivor..." preview at the end of the show tonight implied that next week would be a "real" episode. Wouldn't they have told us that there's a recap instead? Also, Jeff doesn't mention a recap in his blog.

On the other hand, it does make sense for a recap on Thanksgiving or the day before. That's what they usually do.

Typically I hate the recaps, but this year it could be interesting to look at things from an editing perspective....I'd also like to see if they show us a little more of Brett and Mick. Michel, do you usually find the recaps are helpful in predicting a winner (based on edits)?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
Thefutoncritic.com has next weeks title listed as "First 27 Days, The"

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
As of right now, TVGuide.com just has: Another castaway is voted out of the game.

*shrug* I guess we'll find out soon enough........ hopefully.

11-20-09, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
"Michel, do you usually find the recaps are helpful in predicting a winner (based on edits)?"

Rarely but Panama was an exception: Of the 8 or so new scenes after the pick 'em only 2 were of La Mina while Casaya had interesting new scenes including the election of Aras as leader.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Recrap Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-09 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Phoenix

NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE OF THE FIRST 27 DAYS IN SAMOA REVEALS HIDDEN SECRETS AND DEVIOUS PLANS, ON "SURVIVOR SAMOA"
# In never before seen footage, one castaway reveals a guarded secret and the whole tribe suffers at the hands of Russell in the aftermath of the merge.

Someone has a secret?!

ETA: Just watched the Thanksgiving Thursday promo up at Survivor Phoenix. Russell is the one with the secret. He made 1.7 million dollars last year and we see him telling Mick that.

Evil Russell is back at it. We saw some of this in the previews when he lets the chicken go. I wonder if he's been doing other stuff that the editing ignored to focus on all the HIIs. Certainly Kelly and Laura didn't like him, maybe we'll see why.

11-20-09, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
Another question for michel: doesn't the recap sometimes set up the story for the next boot?

In the web promo for the recap we see a vidcap of Jaison saing "I'm coming for John" but its from an old challenge (Yasmin is in the vidcap). John is already on our radar as a possible boot candidate and this brings attention to a conflict with him.

11-20-09, 06:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
Why moi?!

I'd have to check the archives but I do remember that both La Mina scenes in Panama featured Sally, including a touching scene where she talked to Austin about her family problems. Sally had been fairly hidden up to that point (not Kelly or Brett level, normal hidden level) and she left right after Austin in the following episodes.

11-21-09, 02:18 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
Parce que vous ętes le meilleur!

I thought I remembered that the recap set up Corinne's boot in Gabon (I know you might not want to remember that! ) So I thought you might remember some things from the editing thread better than I. No homework or archive digging! Just asking if you remembered anything along those lines. It's no biggie - we'll find out for sure in the next new episode!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-09, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
You are both correct. Typically the Recap episode not only sets up the next boot candidate by somewhat highlighting them more than normal, but also introduces us more closely to those that are (will be) vying for the ultimate prize.

For Tocantins, Beside Sally's emergence we also got a lot on Stephen and JT.
For Gabon, Susie and Bob (as well as Corinne) were highlighted and we already knew it was the Sugar show.
I imagine Samoa to be a further continuance of The RussHell Show, with a couple of highlights to the next boot and RussHell's finale competitor(s).

Read also, those that get no special treatment are jurors.

No archive diving needed.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-20-09, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Next Thursday: Recap: The first 27 days."
Here's the transcript for the Recap, courtesy of Survivor Phoenix. I'm not going to bother bringing over caps. Weird that there's no Natalie in the promo.

Transcript:

Announcer: Thanksgiving Thursday, secrets revealed.

Russell <talking to Mick> : Last year I made 1.7 million. I own an oil company in Houston.

Announcer: New strategies exposed.

Dave <talking to Shambo> : We're concerned that you will say something.

Shambo <camera confessional> : What am I, seven?

Announcer: If you think you know everything about Survivor: Samoa...

Russell <camera confessional> : If I find out that somebody knows something about my spot, I'm voting 'em out.

Erik: Don't mock me chicken.

Jaison <at challenge> : I'm coming for John! I'm coming for him.

Russell <camera confessional> : I didn't come here to work, I came here to play!

Interesting that they use Russell's cocky hammock confessional shots again.

11-25-09, 11:50 AM (EST)
12. "Some teasers from Dalton Ross"
From EW: http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/25/survivor-samoa-thanksgiving/

'Survivor: Samoa': Thanksgiving episode actually worth watching!

The dreaded Survivor recap episodes have long been thought of as, well, turkeys, by fans. But last season’s Tocantins recap turned out to be a decent watch, crammed with new footage and story lines that shed light on some major moves in the game. And tomorrow’s recap episode of Survivor: Samoa (titled “The First 27 Days”) follows that same script. Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s nowhere near as satisfying as an original episode (especially considering there is no fresh torch-snuffing to be had), but for hardcore fans, there are definitely some interesting deleted tidbits sprinkled throughout. Among the things revealed in the episode: We find out what happened to Daisy, the chicken that Shambo let slip out of the coop; a contestant threatens another player after a rough-and-tumble challenge; and there’s even more sneaky sabotage from Russell. All that, plus this genius quote: “Don’t make me throw up on your face.”

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •