The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 10 Insider Clips & Ponderosa"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-20-09, 03:12 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 10 Insider Clips & Ponderosa"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-09 AT 04:49 AM (EST)

Transcripts aren't up yet, but here's a good clip of John and Shambo "negotiating" whether he'll flip and what he wants in return. Gotta say, Shambo is not a total ditz and can sometimes play the game.

It's interesting that Shambo promises that as long as Laura goes next, it will be a FaoFao next and she doesn't care who (including herself!). Could this tie in to the preview from tonight where it appears that Shambo is talking about voting out RussHell? When RussHell promised a FF next to John, everyone knew it was a lie....but does Shambo really intend to keep this promise???
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=yFlG5G6iypMv52P_sgItqI9o7eTO8VVq&vs=Default&play=true

Also, I never got around to posting last week's Insider Clips, but there was an interesting clip where RussHell said that he trusted Shambo 100%, even as much as Natalie. But he noted that Shambo is playing the "moral game" and will probably become disappointed in him at some point since he's playing the "outwit/lying" game. Seemed like foreshadowing to me....wonder if that starts to come to fruition this week.

ETA: For those of you who like animal imagery, there's a cool spider shot while John and Shambo are talking.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 10 Insider Clips & Pond... SquidProQuo 11-20-09 1
 RE: Episode 10 Insider Clips & Pond... SquidProQuo 11-20-09 2
   RE: Episode 10 Insider Clips & Pond... television 11-21-09 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-20-09, 04:48 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Episode 10 Insider Clips & Ponderosa"
A few more tidbits after watching most of the Insider clips:

- The day after, Laura says that Russell is clearly running the game and she says he's evil but something to the effect of, "but it's not who you like." I was kinda surprised to hear that -- almost makes it seem like she might be willing to vote for him. Will be interesting to see what she says in her post game interviews. She also takes a potshot at Mick and Jaison, saying that they're just "floating along" and "here you have 2 strapping guys and they're not bringing anything to the table." No mention of Natalie.

- John says in a confessional that Natalie is actually a summa cum laude graduate and that just because she has a southern accent, Galu shouldn't underestimate her.

- Erik gets into it with Laura at Ponderosa over why she voted him out. Then in a confessional he says he hates her mothering ways and "don't tell me how to feel." I really like Erik and I don't think he's going to vote the same way as the girls.

- Natalie has a confessional about her alliance with Russell. She says you'd never put the 2 of them together in a million years, but that somehow their alliance works and FF is still kicking. It's interesting that she says that Russell doesn't tell her everything, just what she needs to know, because he knows that she doesn't want to have to lie. She says that sometimes it's a bit uncomfortable because she's not always sure what he's going to do...but that he's "my only shot."

- Shambo hurt her shoulder (old injury from a car accident years ago) on the water slide reward last episode. She says her worst fear is to get injured and have to go home because of that.

-- When voting on the flip vote, John says: "I worked too hard to prepare myself to win this game. More than a 14.2 percent chance to go home just to save your neck? Sorry, it's not going down. As old Jackie boy once said, "you @#**#ed with the wrong Marine."

11-20-09, 10:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Episode 10 Insider Clips & Ponderosa"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-09 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-20-09 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

Thanks to James Barber at Sucks for the transcripts -- this is just the 1st batch -- more to come:

Secret Scene: Laura

Laura calls Russell out for being a liar when he asks her to let him know when it is his time to be voted out

Russell: I'm gonna ask one thing. One favor from ya, one thing.

Laura: What?

Russell: I don't wanna be the one that gets blindsided. If you tell me, I'll just go. I know if my name's up, I've got nothing to...I'll just go.

Laura: Yeah...

Russell: You could tell me right before, you could tell me 10 minutes before...

Laura: Yeah...

Laura (solo): I want to see Russell go home tonight. The tough part for me in this game is that balance of lying to somebody. I don't wanna lie to somebody, but can you manipulate them enough to where you can avoid the lying? I don't know.

Russell: You don't wanna do that?

Laura: I can't make you that promise, because I also have allegiance to other people, but if it's OK with them, I will totally give you a heads up.

Russell: I don't wanna be the one...you know, my kids...I don't wanna look stupid.

Laura: Nobody does. I totally get that. I would anticipate you're the next, but I have NO idea. I haven't talked to anybody.

Russell: That's why I'm coming to you now, because I would anticipate that too.

Laura: You're the one on the tribe who lied to all of us. That's the huge thing.

Russell: Right. That played the game the hardest. Everybody plays the game hard.

Laura: No. I played the game hard. I didn't lie to you.

Russell: Did you lie to Erik? Being blindsided is not lying?

Laura: I told him right upfront...no, I never told him he was gonna go home. He never asked me. There's a difference between a strategy and a lie.

Russell: Strategies are lies in this game.

Laura: No, they're not. I have a different strategy, that doesn't mean I'm gonna back it with lies.

Russell: I don't wanna sit here and argue with you. I just know I might be the next to go. I'm just asking for a favor.

Laura: I know. I will give you my word that if it's OK with everybody I do that, I will totally come to you and say.

Laura (solo): I didn't come out here to just camp for 39 days. I came out here to win a million dollars. I owe Russell nothing. Absolutely nothing. I owe Russell my vote to get him off the island. That's what I owe Russell.

Tribal Council Voting 1

Find out what each castaway had to say as they cast their votes

Brett ("Nat"): Natalie, you're a sweetheart. I hate to write your name down, but unfortunately that's the way the ball rolls.

Shambo (Laura): Laura, you are a viperous poison and I pray to God you go tonight.

Laura ("Nat"): We tried and tried again to get you to come to our tribe, but you just wouldn't, so we gotta get ya. Bye, Nat.

Russell ("Luara"): The other day you told me I may be faster than you, but you're smarter than me. You see, that's why you're going home tonight, you underestimated me.

Mick (Laura): It's a pleasure getting to know you. You're a hell of a competitor. This is probably why we have to do this, you're the glue that keeps former Galu together. We all know you probably think the same thing. You gotta go. Sorry.

Natalie (Laura): Laura, I am voting for you because this is Foa Foa's only hope and this is what we came to an agreement on with Shannon. You played an awesome game. Sorry, girl.

Jaison (Laura) <says nothing>

Monica ("Nat"): This is nothing personal against you, Natalie. You're a sweet girl. This is a stab at Russ for taking out one of our girls. I hope this plan works.

Dave ("Nat"): Natalie, I'm voting for you because you have been deemed least likely to be holding an immunity idol. (smiles)

John (Natalie): You're not going home tonight. Don't panic.

Tribal Council Voting 2

After the tie, the castaways are forced to re-vote. Find out what each of them had to say as they cast their votes.

Brett (Natalie): Let's get ready to roll the dice, and grab a stone.

Shambo (Laura): Unwavering in this decision.

Russell (Laura): OK, second round. Let's see what happens.

Mick (Laura): We're sticking strong. Hopefully one of yours won't.

Jaison (Laura) <no comment>

Monica (Natalie): Sticking with my tribe, and I hope it works.

Dave (Natalie): I'm ready to roll the dice. Let's go.

John (Laura): I've worked too hard to prepare myself to play this game more than a 14.2% chance that I go home to save your neck. It's not going down. I'm sorry. Like Jackie boy once said, "You fucked with the wrong Marine."

Laura the Day After

Laura reflects on her time in the game, analyzing where things went wrong with Galu

"I think Russ is running the show. He was running the show at the Foa Foa tribe, he controlled that whole tribe and then he came over. He's just sneaky. There's something about him. There's some evillness you don't want to cross about him, but yet he doesn't care. He doesn't care that he that he knows he does it. I think Mick and Jaison are kind of floating along. They haven't done anything. If they would have been on the Galu tribe, would it have been different? I don't think so. There was that one challenge where we had to intermix with them, and they still didn't bring anything to the table. Here you're thinking here's these strapping guys, pull the dang rope! What's wrong with you guys? They did nothing. I think as hard as it is to say Russell is running the whole thing. It hurts to say that, it's just annoying. It's not who you like in the game, and who you want to win, it's who you think is controlling it."

(cut)

"The turning point was when I won back-to-back immunities. They probably already knew I was the strongest female, and then when the first two individual immunities came and I won it, I think I put an even larger target on my head. The minute I didn't win the third one I knew I was gonna be gone."

(cut)

"I knew Sham was gonna be voting for me. Foa Foa, all they needed was to find out who was on the outside and who would flip. It wasn't even a question of who that would be. She had been sent over to the Foa Foa tribe 2 times, and she was basically already with them. She always talked about dissension in the Galu tribe. There was no dissension; it was just her. She had already pretty much fixed herself to the Foa Foa tribe, all they had to do was wait to hear who Shambo wanted to vote off. They would just jump on board with her. She's never liked me from day 1. It was a no-brainer. Get Laura out. Then John, I knew, would not go to drawing stones. All my other tribe members, clearly, because they voted for me again, would draw stones. That made me feel good that each and every one of them said, 'I'll draw stones for you.' I knew John wouldn't, so the minute it was a tie, I knew I was going home."

(cut)

"It's really frustrating to know it was 1 person that determined your fate. It's even more frustrating because I know I was a stronger player, both physically and mentally, but that doesn't matter. In this game, that means nothing. I think if you see the first 3 jury members, we were probably the strongest players out there. Which is uncharacteristic of Survivor history. Normally they vote out the annoying people and the strong ones stay in. This time they didn't. All the people that are annoying and the ones that aren't doing much are still back at the tribe. It's very frustrating being voted out by someone you know you can physically and mentally beat in the game."

(cut)

"I love to play games. I love to compete. I just want to do these challenges, to prove I was clearly one of the oldest people that was out there. To say, you know, you still can't beat me. Even at my age, even as a grandma, I am totally restereotyping the grandma, you can't beat this grandma. It felt really, really good to do that."

(cut)

"People, my family and friends, have always said, 'You're so strong, you're really competitive, you're one of the freakishly strong people I know.' You're kind of like, 'Yeah, I am,' but now, going through this, and proving myself from day 1, challenges where we had to rumble and I had to throw down 10 year olds, to the very last challenge, I can walk back. I can own that. I can own that people have been telling me you're strong physically, mentally, you're tough. It feels good to say, 'Yeah.' I can own it."

Laura at Ponderosa, Part 1

After yet another dramatic blindside and one of the most memorable tribal councils ever, Laura is sent packing to join former Galu members Erik and Kelly at Ponderosa

(Laura is voted out)

Laura (solo): I did the best I could have done. I can walk out with my head held high, and know I gave it everything I did. It's kind of bittersweet. You're already thinking about the food you're going to get as soon as you walk out the door. That's the first thing you're thinking about, food. The psychiatrist's there, and a couple of familiar faces you've seen. You know you have food and you know the game is over. It's a feeling I don't think you'll be able to experience anywhere else except for going through this experience.

(Laura hugs "Dr. Liza" and then gets into the van, and thanks them for the food)

(Laura sees the doctor, who tells her she lost 13 pounds; Laura says she could have stayed out there for another 50 days with only coconut and banana)

Laura (solo): It's a really uneasy feeling when you first walk in. The people who are here, one of them I voted for, the other one got blindsided. You kind of have this apprehension.

Laura: Hi guys.

Kelly: I'm sorry you have to leave but I'm glad I get to spend more time with you.

(they hug)

Laura (to Erik): Are you mad at me?

Erik: Let's not talk about me, let's talk about you. It's your night. (Laura hugs him) We've got lots of good wine, and Kelly and I are gonna make you brownies tomorrow.

Laura: You are?

Kelly: We've got a whole box. You can eat the whole thing.

Laura (solo): Kelly and Erik totally made me feel at home.

Laura: Can we sit down and eat?

Kelly: You want wine, Laura. (Laura says yes)

Erik: This girl's been talking about red wine and chocolate for 27 days.

(they toast)

Laura (solo): They really made me genuinely feel like 1) I'm really bummed to see you here because I would have liked to have seen you win, but 2) I'm really glad it's you because we really like you. It's gotta make you feel good. It made me feel really good. (Erik says you no longer think twice about eating food off the floor) The food the first night out, it's such a different feeling knowing there's not 10 other people there diving for the food. (Erik makes fun of her for eating a Snickers while she's also eating dinner)

Erik: 10 of you wrote my name down. One of you could have been like, "Sorry...it's you." But, whatever. I was never planning on using it for myself anyway.

Laura: You were caught speaking to the enemy.

Erik: It was for you, to flush out Russell's stupid idol, which worked, thank you very much.

Kelly: But you never communicated with any of us.

Erik: I shouldn't have had to. I broke my body for that tribe for 21 days. Actions speak louder than words. And you deliberated over it for 3 minutes.

Laura: Cause you had John.

(Erik makes a guttural noise and throws his hands around)

Kelly: Let's not talk about coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Erik: You're right. Drink the wine. (laughs)

(more eating)

Kelly: Bungalow 1 is a common area. Big TV. Tons of movies. Couches. Beds. Playstation. My room, I have 2 queen beds in there, if you want to stay in there with me. (Laura agrees)

Laura (solo): Ponderosa, we each get our own little shack. Last thing I want to do is sleep by myself. Kelly said I have 2 queen beds, so basically, we're going to be sharing the shack. (Laura shows her shower, and marvels over her bar of soap, then opens her suitcase) Dang it, I still wanna be in there. I still wanna play those games. I still wanna, as sick as it sounds, sleep on that bamboo one more night and do another reward challenge. Hopefully I'm changing the stereotype of grandmas and giving 40 year old women something to say, you've got a lot of life to live, still.

Life at Ponderosa, Laura Part 2

Laura and Erik get in a heated debate about why he was voted off, and the women get frustrated that Erik continues to talk about the game

Laura (solo): I can't stop eating. Even though I'm full, I still have hunger pains.

(Laura tells Erik she and Kelly haven't left the table since breakfast, and goes into detail about all the food she's eaten)

Erik: I have a question for you guys. You swear Sham was already with Foa Foa at the merge. So instead of 8-4 we would have been 7-5. If you guys burned me right off the bat, that would take you down to 6-5. (Kelly tries to interrupt) That seems like a really bad move to me.

(awkward silence)

Kelly: It wasn't thought through.

Laura: It wasn't thought through. Seriously, 5, 10 minutes before , the decision was made.

Erik: That was a 2-for-1. They got a 2-for-1 right there.

Laura (solo): Erik had a completely different experience than Kelly and myself. He got backdoored.

Laura: Kelly and I were saying if you had to go out you might as well do it now. You have 10 days to enjoy the island.

Erik: If you have to go out.

(awkward silence)

Laura: Clearly that if was answered. When you have to go out, so you might as well do it now.

Erik: That's your opinion.

Laura: You are out. It's not an opinion it's a fact.

Erik: For you.

Laura: For you, you're sitting right across from me.

Erik (solo): I gotta lock it up. I have a few more days with this jury, and I won't be that guy. They sit there and "there there" me, and mother me. I can wipe my own #####. I don't need...don't tell me how to feel.

Kelly (solo): Erik is a little bit up and down with the transitioning.

Erik: You guys are too smart not to calculate things. To hear words like, "Yeah, we didn't really think it through," is so insulting.

Kelly (solo): I think it's gonna be difficult for him every time someone comes out of the game, because you get back into the game talk.

Laura: What did you go to Foa Foa for?

Erik:To get the idol exposed, like you wanted. (Kelly tries to interrupt) It was almost defense for you because John was like "Screw Laura" and (?) plan, and we don't care about the idol, and I was like, the idol is very important.

Laura: No no I mean before we voted you off.

Erik: Yes. I said vote the same.

Laura: Why?

Erik: So they wouldn't tell Russell.

Laura: We hear from John...

Erik: Maybe it's easier for you than it is for me. We both have to deal with it our way. I'm not gonna tell you how to deal with it.

Laura: Right, and I'm not telling you how to deal with it.

(Erik mutters something else)

Erik (solo): You don't get to tell me how to feel. But the motherly instinct in her, which I kind of don't like anyway, makes it impossible for her not to be like, "It's OK, there there, this is a great experience." Maybe for you. You go back to your job, you go back to your life, you go back to your family, whatever. This is my quest.

Kelly: It's so frustrating when you keep going back to shoulda, coulda, woulda done that.

Erik: It's fine. I understand that.

Laura: Me? I'm so not, "Oh it's fine."

Kelly (solo): Erik, we're not in the game anymore. You gotta stop thinking, "Oh you shoulda, coulda, woulda," because we're not in the game anymore. Yeah, we know. Had we done that we'd all be there. But we're not. Change your way of thinking, because it's frustrating.

Laura: I'm so not saying it's fine. I totally hate the fact that we made that decision. Was that the biggest regret we made? Absolutely. Is that the reason we're sitting here? Absolutely.

Erik: The decision that's made is made but...I don't know, I just...I'm not as happy to be here as maybe you are.

Life at Ponderosa Laura Part 3

Laura, Erik and Kelly delight in a dinner show in Samoa

Laura (solo): There's treemail here at Ponderosa, and it says for the jury of three, a fia fia by the sea. Fia Fia means happy in Samoan.

(Laura and Kelly celebrate over getting to have a fia fia; then they all get into the van)

Laura (solo): All the sudden we're allowed to experience the culture. You can see the locals walking on the streets. Everybody's just out. They're in the falets, which are these big open rooms. Basically it's this little resort about 30 minutes away from where you're staying.

Erik (solo): One challenge is to not be able to eat at all. Another challenge is to not eat too much. Every day is a new quest.

(they eat from a buffet)

Laura (solo): Then when everyone's done they put on an amazing show.

(native men dance while wielding fire batons)

Laura (solo): So me, Erik, and Kelly of course get up on stage and join the locals for this finale fia fia dance.

Kelly (solo): It was nice to see a little bit of culture, and afterwards my face was hurting from laughing so much.

Kelly: I got leid.

(everyone applauds for the show)

Laura (solo): It was one of the best evenings of my life. We had a great time.

Life at Ponderosa Laura Part 4

Laura, Erik and Kelly snorkel to another island and Erik finds the burial sites of the island's high chiefs

Laura: It's time to explore what you see in the distance! We're going to go to the faraway island.

(everyone gets on the boat)

Kelly (solo): Just getting to ride along the coast, there's all these cliffs, it's beautiful, the waves are just hitting. So much of coastline is uninhabited. It's beautiful.

Erik: Look at the horizon everybody.

Laura (solo): It was amazing. The swells out in that ocean. We held onto this bar, and the weight of the boat would sway, and our feet would just fly up and down uncontrollably. It was the funniest thing. We put our snorkel gear on. It took quite a while to get to the island, but once we did, it was beautiful.

(Laura and Kelly lay on the beach, as Erik walks around)

Erik: Deserted island. I'm the only man around. Laura's got an awesome husband. Kelly on the other hand, I don't know. You've seen Ponderosa the last few days. Regardless of that, there's 2 hot chicks laying out. It's hard to be me.

(Erik joins them on the sand)

Kelly: The sand is so soft.

Laura: Would you rather be at the other beach with the necessities or with the luxuries we had being a hut, the bamboo, pillows, blankets...

Kelly: Here.

Laura: Or here.

Erik: Here.

(Laura/Kelly/Erik all say "Here")

Kelly (solo): That was the nicest beach I've seen since we've been here.

(they go lay out in the water)

Erik: A lot of people think I get the short end of the stick. It's kind of good to have that vibe out there, because while you're thinking I'm getting the short end of the stick, I'm laying in paradise with two beautiful women. Don't cry for me, America. I'll be alright.

Laura (solo): 3 of the High Chiefs were buried on that island. Erik actually found it. Kelly and I laid on the beach.

(shots of Erik finding the burial grounds)

Laura: It's time to say goodbye to our island. Now we can go back to Ponderosa and not wonder what that wonderful island across the sea has in store.

(Erik and the other guys on the boat catch a huge fish; back at camp, Manu, "local assistant", prepares and serves the fish to them)

Laura: Sushimi? (Kelly corrects her) Sashimi. Which I've never had before. Do I chew it, or just let it...

Kelly: Yeah. It's soft.

(Laura tries a bite)

Laura (solo): It's an acquired taste, or so I'm told. Everyone else said it was the best sushimi they've ever had, because it was so fresh. I'll take their word for it.

Laura at Ponderosa Part 5

Laura, Erik and Kelly get ready for tribal council

(Kelly brings a full length mirror into the bungalow)

Kelly (solo): It's fun getting ready for Tribal. Tonight I'm probably gonna go raid Laura's closet. Laura prepared like she's moving here.

Laura: This is my walk-in closet. Lots of different options that are just on one hanger.

Kelly (solo): You get to do your hair and makeup. You can wear whatever you want. It's like our big night out.

Laura: Where is Erik?

Kelly: He's playing football games.

Laura: OK.

(Erik playing video games)

Laura: Here's to Mom and Dad bringing home a new baby.

(they laugh, and clink wine glasses; Laura does her hair and says she missed her flatiron more than anything)

Kelly (solo): For Erik, myself and Laura to walk in clean and showered with makeup on, if I was sitting on the other side of the jury, I might be thinking, "Gosh, I want to be over there." As much as you want to stay in the game, life at Ponderosa is good.

Laura (solo): The ones we'd love to see here, we don't want to see here because we want them to win the money. The ones we want out of the game, we don't want them around us.

(Laura and Erik, dressed up for TC, go to get a drink, and then look at a rainbow)

Kelly (solo): You never know what's happened the last few days in camp. We haven't seen these people in 3 days. Anything can happen in 3 days. Anything can happen in 3 minutes in this game.

(Laura is disgusted by a cookie)

Kelly: Found something Laura won't eat.

(they head to the van)

Laura: I'm ready for my first Tribal, to stare down the people who sent me to this place. To make them think it was really like the worst thing ever but in reality it's really kind of nice here, clearly. Life isn't bad at Ponderosa, but we're gonna make 'em think it is.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-21-09, 07:24 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Episode 10 Insider Clips & Ponderosa"
Russell ("Luara"): The other day you told me I may be faster than you, but you're smarter than me. You see, that's why you're going home tonight, you underestimated me.

Priceless - gloating over how intelligent he is while misspelling her (very common) name.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •