The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-09, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-09 AT 06:37 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling – Episode 10
“They Both Went Bananas”

Welcome to the State of the Spoiling (SOTS) where we try and one-up EPMB and his merry band of editors and accurately predict the results of his show before it airs. Sometimes we look like geniuses, and sometimes we are left feeling like Coach after a yet another reward loss. But the show must go on and we must spoil the show!

Please check out our Community Guidelines. It’s getting late in the season and the influx of newcomers will be here soon. These guidelines keep this site running smoothly and remind us to Be Nice, Play Fair in the immortal words of Colleen.

It’s been a stellar season (at least I think it’s been one) that I’m very much enjoying. Villains! Blindsides! Alliance switches! Wild campfire stories!

On to the show...

So what happened last week? It was a double blindside with Tyson’s ego handed to him on a silver platter with a big side serving of crow and Sierra left picking up the pieces of her face after her eyes popped out and jaw crashed to the ground. It’s funny to watch people get blindsided and I hope your parents still love you after all this, Tyson.

See what others said here in the East Coast Spoiler Thread about last week’s episode!
See how Spanky carved up the delusional characters in his legit episode summary!
See what happened behind the scenes in the Insider Transcript by James Barber, as posted by Brownroach!
See what Tyson thought of what happened to him here in the Post-Ouster Interviews thread!
See what Jiffy thought about it in his blog!

This week’s episode is titled ”They Both Went Bananas” as brought to us by michel. It’s clear that this is referring to Coach and either Sierra or Debbie after the tribe returned to camp and the panic button is being pushed after the realization of what happened with Tyson’s boot sets in.

The clues given for this episode:

Scrambling to save themselves, two castaways sell out a former ally before turning on one another.

OFG and Brownroach both suggest that this is Coach and Debbie who are scrambling to save themselves. The former ally could be JT for breaking his word to Coach or could be both Stephen and JT in outing them to Taj about the so-called “Warrior Alliance”. Or it could even be Erinn as a way to try and cajole her back to the original Timbits tribal grouping.

"They Both Went Bananas" - With her heart on her sleeve, one castaway takes an honest approach to the game but lands herself in hot water with everyone.

This is clearly, to me, Sierra. She’s shown debating with Coach about being loyal and it’s worth noting that she wasn’t in the loop on the Tyson vote with JT/Taj/Stephen/Erinn, so she might be trying to explain this to Coach and Coach is in return trying to secure her loyalty to turn the tables back on the Jalapeno three.

citywitch suggests that this could backfire on Sierra to be wearing her heart on her sleeve and result in the others voting her out as an untrustworthy swing vote. It was also suggested that Coach could successfully pull Sierra and that Erinn could be the actual swing vote and the casualty of everyone turning on her.

It appears this title quote could be from Stephen as he had this to say in the Insider Transcript:

"Coming back tonight is going to be hellish. Coach is going to go ape crackers. I don't know what is going to happen but he will lose his mind...Debbie too, I know is not going to be happy. She's been sitting pretty recently and will not be thrilled..."

byoffer brings us a good discussion on tribal dynamics in this Post-Tyson Boot Discussion. Lots of good speculation of how the F7 could go and who might be aligned with whom, etc.

On to the vidcaps... you can get them right here Plenty of vidcaps to go around, no pushing and shoving folks...

Reward Challenge and Exile

It’s time for the annual Q&A and rope-chop-and-smash-yer-tribemate’s-statue challenge! This is a good way to show everyone just what they think of each other. No idea who wins this one, but it’s safe to say that Sierra and Coach aren’t winning this as we apparently see them sitting down in vidcaps of this challenge. The winner will probably be any one of the three Jalapenos.

You might be asking “why Debbie wouldn’t be considered a potential winner of this challenge?” Good question, I initially thought she could be a candidate to win, but what about these caps – are these suggesting that she might be off to Exile Island? She appears to be blowing a kiss then making a turn as if she is about to walk away. (FWIW, she could merely be saying goodbye to someone being exiled before heading back to camp – but let’s go with the idea of Debbie being exiled)

Back in camp...

Here's what I'd like to see happening:

"Find that Coachebag NOW and cook him!"

(thanks to blistering and SurvivorArctic (of SS) for these pics)

Anyhoo.

Immunity Challenge

Grappling hooks and Tilt-a-tables - The contestants throw grappling hooks to retrieve bags holding balls which are then used on tilt-a-tables to guide the balls through a maze by twisting knobs to tilt the playing surface.

Who wins? We don’t see any clear evidence who might win, but it seems from the clues that Coach and Debbie might be turning on each other and/or trying to out others, so I’d say neither one of them wins immunity. This seems to be the type of challenge that JT would be good at, so let’s go with him.

So who gets the boot?

On the surface, the likeliest candidates are: Sierra, Erinn, Debbie and Coach (in that order), while the safest seems to be Taj, Stephen and JT ... but truly, nobody is safe as long as there are swing votes to be had in Erinn and Sierra.

From SquidProQuo: Survivor Phoenix has the latest promo up with some new clips. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90IM4AB0IWY

A couple interesting things:
- Sierra says the "You're a liar" quote this week, and it appears she's talking to Debbie (although Coach might be nearby too).
- Stephen says to JT that "we've definitely caught Coach in a lie." (And Coach is shown punching the words "Truth" -- ha!)
- The announcer calls JT and Stephen the "Power Brokers"...possible foreshadowing that they're getting too cocky and/or won't both make it to the end, or just stating the obvious?

Could the three Jalapenos plus Erinn and/or Sierra take out Coach in a power struggle, or will they settle for his minion, Debbie?

Could Coach/Debbie pull Erinn and Sierra back into the fold and take out one of the power guys – more likely Stephen since JT/Taj are apparently seen in a future challenge?

Could Sierra or Erinn get turned onto for being a swing vote and get booted?

There’s some debate on whether Coach’s primal scream as seen in the recap is indicating that he won whatever he was doing or if he’s just screaming because he lost out once again, but look at this comparison:

The buffs appear to me to be different in these photos – look at the Survivor logo, they’re in different places. And Coach wouldn't take the time in mid-challenge to neatly tuck in the fold on the buff. So I’m going to take this to mean that Coach is safe this week since it seems that the vidcap has to be from a future episode. Combine that with the clue that two scramblers might be turning on each other, so I’m now leaning towards Debbie as the boot. Damn.

OFG has made a very compelling argument for Sierra as the boot - go check out her post in the vote thread. I wouldn't disagree with the choice of Sierra as the boot instead of Debbie, but the rise of Debbie's air time last week seems to indicate that her story arc could be at its peak. And there's that little bit nagging at me about the possibility of Sierra being the ideal F2 goat at this point and the story arc of the potential ultimate redemption from a bad first impression - it's big enough in my mind to keep her around in the game ahead of Debbie for now.

My feeling:
Debbie - 40% chance of being booted
Sierra - 30%
Erinn - 20%
Coach/Stephen - 10% between these two
Taj/JT - Safe (F4 challenge spoiler)

Want some more thoughts on how the Survivor contestants may be thinking or playing the game? I bring you two interesting threads:

Georjanna’s Signs of Survival
VerucaSalt’s The Players, The Game, The Editing - Survivor Tocantins

In Summary:

Reward Challenge – who knows? One of the three Jalapenos, most likely.
Exile – Debbie?
Immunity – leaning towards J.T., but could be Coach
Boot – Debbie. Or maybe it's Sierra. Ah, let's go with Erinn. Nooo, back to Debbie. Maybe.

Agree or disagree? Hop on over to Brownroach’s Vote Thread, posting in dabo’s place.

To come in the future:

Don’t forget we haven’t seen the spider challenge yet and we won’t see it this week. For more details, check out FloPo’s Recrap Promo...what’s to come thread here.

Thanks for reading, folks!

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... flystorms 04-29-09 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... byoffer 04-29-09 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Flowerpower 04-29-09 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... kingfish 04-29-09 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... sethromax 04-29-09 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Belle Book 04-29-09 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... suzzee 04-29-09 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... michel 04-29-09 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... CTgirl 04-30-09 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Brownroach 04-30-09 10
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... PepeLePew13 04-30-09 11
       RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Brownroach 04-30-09 12
           RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... PepeLePew13 04-30-09 13
               RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Brownroach 04-30-09 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... RudyRules 04-30-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-29-09, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
The cannibalistic pygmys are hysterical!! I have tears from laughing so hard! Nice job. I still dunno who is going though.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
What, no more Don Cherry?

Very nicely done, Pepe.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-09 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

Great job, as always, Pepe! Love all the graphics, photoshops, etc, and it's mixed with just the right amount of snarkiness! Thanks for all the great work you do for all of us at Blows!

I think you are right that the Coach and Taj pics from the recrap future challenges pics are not from this week...maybe next!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
Hey Pepe, that SOTS stinks! (highest possible accolade for a skunque)

WTG, very readable and informative.

sethromax 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sethromax Click to send private message to sethromax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
I've been enjoying this board all season. You're getting better and better. I find it refreshing that the analysis is passionate yet objective. Better than most news organizations. Well done!

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-09, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
I agree -- I'm leaning towards Debbie, partly because I don't want Sierra to go home. I like her, even if quite a few don't. Besides, there's a spoiler out there that indicates she might make the Final 6, at least.

Belle Book

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
HA! Coach in a pot. Too funny.

Great job Pepe, you da' skunk!

How you made any sense of this weeks info is amazing. woo and hoo

Fear and Loathing Tribe style 2008

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-09 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

Great job Pepe. Thanks for doing this.

Could that be Matt holding a knife in the first picture of the pygmees? This is the season when a madman with a machete would be welcomed in Brazil if he'd go after Coach.

ETA: To respond to your comment in the voting thread regarding a Debbie boot and especially this: "I don't think Sierra will ever allow herself to think she's in a good position."

It seems that, even if she shouldn't, Sierra is indeed thinking she has found new friends and a good position because she turns away from Coach and Debbie.

It could be Debbie going but I think we will see Debbie and Taj coming together at least for now due to the hug that was shown after the "hold the weight" challenge. I don't think we've even seen them talk since the merge and that is hard to explain unless something is intentionally hidden.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
Another great SOTS Pepe! You laid out everything really well especially since the vidcaps didn't give up a lot of information this week. Clearly the drama is going to be between Coach, Debbie and Sierra, but after that, who knows?!

Loved the photochops!!

Another Tribe Creation

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
Great SOTS, Pepe.

I lean more toward a Sierra exit than a Debbie exit this week, in part because if Sierra were to still be around next week, her story would be the same and she'd most likely get booted for the same reasons that she would get booted this week. So it may as well happen now.

04-30-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
That's certainly true.

I'm all over the place with this one. In regards to the bit about Sierra's story being the same this week or next week, that's unquestionably true to me, but do JT/Stephen want to risk keeping Debbie and/or Coach around knowing they're capable of pulling in either Sierra or Erinn? Wouldn't you want to remove a "power" player first with the hope that Sierra would do anything to stay in the game and go with someone who can deliver on that promise? All JT/Stephen has to do is to say "hey, we'll save your butt again, just vote against either Coach or Debbie."

Removing Debbie (or Coach) cuts the legs off the Timbits for good, while removing Sierra (or Erinn) still leaves a voting bloc of two intact in Coach/Debbie. Coach becomes fully at the mercy of JT/Stephen.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

04-30-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
Severing Debbie from Coach is a good idea strategically, I agree.

I just saw that in the Mess Hall vote thread, apple6666 claims that CBS aired a commercial showing Debbie wearing the immunity necklace:

http://www.survivorsucks.com/topic/50425/t/S18-Episode-10-Vote-Your-GUT.html?page=2

Not sure how reliable this poster is. Can anyone verify this?

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

04-30-09, 11:10 AM (EST)
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-09 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

Debbie won immunity last week so I believe it could be a scene from when she walked *into* the IC this week with it on.

04-30-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-09 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

Possibly, or it could be an image spliced in from last week's events. I just wondered if anyone's seen this alleged promo since we don't have any such vidcap.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 10 - Survivor Tocantins"
Nicely done Pepe!
I's love to see some Coach Stew!

Yup, it's an Agman creation!
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •