The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-09, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever for all of the vidcaps:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Taj <talking to Stephen>: Once we make it to the merge, it's smooth sailing.

Probst: The secret cross-tribal alliance might not be so secret.

Tyson <talking to Coach and Debra>: Guys, I think Brendan's trying to build relations with the other tribe.

Taj: I'm sick of this game.

Probst: And Taj acts out.

Taj: Everybody can kiss my #####.

Joe <in confessional>: Moves like that will get you voted off.

Taj: I'm hot today.

Well, the misdirection has to do with Tyson notifying the others that Brendan is building relations with the other tribe, and Taj, who we hear screaming at all of the guys...note the zoom in on Joe.

This week I think our boot candidates are: Brendan, Taj, and Joe...hmmmm, which one doesn't have a HII?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... michel 03-06-09 1
 RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... byoffer 03-06-09 2
   RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... vince3 03-06-09 3
   RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... Brownroach 03-06-09 4
 Press Images Flowerpower 03-07-09 5
   RE: Press Images flystorms 03-07-09 6
       RE: Press Images Flowerpower 03-08-09 17
   RE: Press Images sylvester 03-07-09 7
       RE: Press Images Georjanna 03-07-09 8
           RE: Press Images PepeLePew13 03-07-09 9
               RE: Press Images Belle Book 03-07-09 10
               RE: Press Images LFJ 03-07-09 11
               RE: Press Images PhillyBrat 03-09-09 25
       RE: Press Images chaoswva 03-08-09 15
       RE: Press Images ajglitch 03-10-09 36
   RE: Press Images byoffer 03-07-09 12
   RE: Press Images Loree 03-07-09 13
       RE: Press Images michel 03-07-09 14
 5 Second Promo Flowerpower 03-08-09 16
   RE: 5 Second Promo michel 03-08-09 18
       RE: 5 Second Promo Flowerpower 03-08-09 19
       RE: 5 Second Promo Flowerpower 03-09-09 24
   RE: 5 Second Promo byoffer 03-08-09 21
   RE: 5 Second Promo television 03-09-09 27
       RE: 5 Second Promo Brownroach 03-09-09 29
           RE: 5 Second Promo television 03-09-09 30
 RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... sol 03-08-09 20
   RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... electropoprebel 03-08-09 22
       Promo where the girls take out the ... Flowerpower 03-09-09 28
 RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... Flowerpower 03-09-09 23
   RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... michel 03-09-09 26
   RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want ... TKM809 03-09-09 31
 Monday Night Full Promo... Flowerpower 03-10-09 32
   RE: Monday Night Full Promo... sylvester 03-10-09 33
       RE: Monday Night Full Promo... Flowerpower 03-10-09 35
           RE: Monday Night Full Promo... CTgirl 03-10-09 37
               RE: Monday Night Full Promo... Flowerpower 03-10-09 38
                   RE: Monday Night Full Promo... Brownroach 03-10-09 39
   RE: Monday Night Full Promo... Flowerpower 03-10-09 34
 Sydney is the shooter for the Jalap... Flowerpower 03-12-09 40
   RE: Sydney is the shooter for the J... PhillyBrat 03-12-09 41
 Jiffy' Flowerpower 03-12-09 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
Yes, my first reaction is that Taj will be the target for Jalapao but her vote against Joe this week tells us where she directs her vote. The question is: Will she gather enough votes to boot him or does she use her idol? I think she'll need the idol but I should look at the clues first!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
we see a bunch of pictures of the secret alliance. Taj with Stephan (presumably at Jalapao), Taj with Brendan (at Exile), and Brendan with Sierra (presumably at Timbits). We also see Taj with Sierra - where is this? If Taj with Brendan is Exile, could Taj or Sierra be involved in a switch? Or are they recycling Exile pictures?

It is interesting that the vidcaps basically cover 3 themes - secret alliance, Tyson commenting on the possibility of the secret alliance, and then Joe reacting to Taj's outburst. I'm not sure why if Taj thought she was a target she wouldn't target Sydney, but I think Joe could be vulnerable to an HII boot this week.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
Taj with Sierra was from the Exile Sandbox last night........

Sierra wasn't clued into the Exile Secret Cross-Tribe Alliance yet, so when Taj picked her to go to Exile, Sierra picked Taj to join her.........

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
Yes they are recycled Exile pictures.

Joe's been suspected of being an early departure, though there doesn't seem to be any reason to vote him out. Getting bounced by Taj's idol would be a plausible scenario.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn.

03-07-09, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Press Images"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-09 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever:

I think the rope is the RC...can not see any missing teeth anywhere? Interesting to see Sydney and Taj together there...

ETA: Note the II behind Tyson at the top...all depends on the timing of that photo...could be prior to the RC or after...or could be before the IC, or is it after???

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-07-09, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Press Images"
Based on these latest images, I wonder if Joe is teh one who loses the tooth. Look at his face. He doesn't look like he feels good and his right eye is a bit red. Someone losing a tooth could be pretty dang painful. If he is the one who loses it and he is expected to go home early, could these two tie together? Hmm...

03-08-09, 06:02 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Press Images"
Regardless of what the press images indicate, we know that person that loses the tooth does so at the IC, not the RC. So, the pic of him from the press images was most likely the day after the RC, so possibly not post IC.

But, the pics of Joe in the water with the rest of the tribe show him definately sweeping his tongue over his teeth as noted, here at Survivor Phoenix. But, I still question if this is post IC, as clearly Stephen is missing, most likely at Exile sand-dune...so, this could just be idle speculation and food for thought

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-09, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Press Images"
I think it's clear that Jalapao is creaming Timbura in this RC -note the amount of rope they've pulled and compare to Timbura's non-existent pile.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-07-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Press Images"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-09 AT 10:53 AM (EST)

And it looks as though Coach is seizing yet another learning opportunity ... for Erinn and Sierra.

ETA: I don't know about her teeth, but I wouldn't want to have been Debbie's shins in that contest.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Press Images"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-09 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

Yeah, really, I don't know if it's Coach himself who's doing the 'teaching moment', but take a look at the huge difference in body language between the two tribes.

Methinks they're losing the challenge on purpose to make some kind of a point. Look at how lackadaisical Brendan is! And in the second picture below, see how Jalapeno are really digging their heels (pulling with their bodies at a 45-degree angle at least) while most of Timbits are standing almost completely vertical.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-07-09, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Press Images"
What kind of point would a team make if they were losing a challenge on purpose?

Belle Book

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-07-09, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Press Images"
Could this be at the end of the challenge? And Brendan? sees it as an effort in futility, while Tyson? appears to have been pulled right to the edge?

I have only seen two of the episodes, and haven't sorted out the players, but Brendan's attitude, seeing something as a useless waste of energy, might say "Let's live to fight another day" while Tyson might think "Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead".

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-09, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Press Images"
I think the key to this challenge is to unravel something like they are showing with the promo shots with the women spinning.

Just look at all of the rope behind Jalapao vrs Timbira.

If it is a tug of war between the two, the amount of rope is clear who is leading.

chaoswva 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chaoswva Click to send private message to chaoswva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Press Images"
>I think it's clear that Jalapao
>is creaming Timbura in this
>RC -note the amount of
>rope they've pulled and compare
>to Timbura's non-existent pile.
>
>
>

I may be way of base here but I think the rope is of one length and they are having a fancy tug-of-war with the rope going around a pulley so many feet out.Jalapao appears to be pulling and Timbira is the one being pulled.And as Byoffer said Timbira lets go and Jalapao falls in a heap with someone losing a tooth in the process.Half of Timbira has the hands on top of the rope inculding the mighty Coach and ya cant pull very good that way. A question though...what is the rope on the ground in the left corner of Sylvester's pic and is that a UFO above Timbira..lol..chaoswva

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Press Images"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-09 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

Note the way that "Coach" is holding his hands on the rope. Anyone knows that an overhand style will not give you any leverage nor contribute much to the effort. Also, his right arm is fully bent leaving the majority of strain on his left arm which indicates he's trying to drag as opposed to pull. Considering his size and lack of strength I'd say he's no more effective than the women. As for Brendan, it does look as though he's anchoring more than pulling so his efforts don't look to be flat out either.

03-07-09, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Press Images"
The picture below is clearly the moment when Timbits releases their rope. The Jalapeno rope is no longer straight (especially between Stephen and Taj) indicating that the tension is off it.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Press Images"
Considering Stephen is missing from the red camp eating circle. Does this mean Stephen gets his turn at Exile to meet up with Sierra or Brendan?

03-07-09, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Press Images"
That's what I'm thinking.

03-08-09, 05:52 PM (EST)
16. "5 Second Promo"
Thanks to SURVIVOR PHOENIX for the vidcaps of the 5 second promo...thrilled that Phoenix is BACK up and running...an invaluable resource for us all!

Now, is this the RC, tug of rope, or is this another challenge?

03-08-09, 06:24 PM (EST)
18. "RE: 5 Second Promo"
It looks like a different challenge, one in which having 3 small women could help Timbira. I'm thinking someone has to run to untangle the rope forcing someone to hang on to the spinning wheel. Funny how we only see Timbira spin.

03-08-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 5 Second Promo"
Just saw a promo during the Amazing Race and Jiffy says, "a point was scored by losing a tooth", as the camera pans in on JT...

03-09-09, 07:56 AM (EST)
24. "RE: 5 Second Promo"
I think the spool challenge is indeed the same challenge as the tug of war...I am not convinced that the Jalapao's will win this...If three different people need to sit on the spool as it is wrapped and unwrapped, I think this may indeed favor the light-weight girls....Erinn, Sierra, and Debbie are far lighter than Sydney, Taj, and Stephen?

Don't know, but that tug of war scene definately seems to favor the Jalapao's???

03-08-09, 09:21 PM (EST)
21. "RE: 5 Second Promo"
Just how cruel could they be? Could the spun women then have to perform some sort of task? Clearly they would be VERY dizzy. Maybe walk through a course of some sort?

So which set of women are more likely to compete while dizzy? I actually think Taj is hurting from a bit of dehydration from her days at Exile. That would impact endurance or running challenges more.

Not sure how a lost tooth might come into play. Previously I was guessing that the lost tooth was as a result of some sort of combat, or using teeth to untie a know. Neither of the challenge actually look like that.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-09, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 5 Second Promo"
Seems to me like the gals are hanging on tight, which leads me to believe that it's probably the opposing tribe's member that has to pull one of them off (see pic of Joe with the rope tied to his waste, running - I'm assuming the other end of that rope is attached to, say, Erinn). So, one tribe member tries to run, the opposite tribe's member tries to hold on and resist. After that, somehow, maybe once all the ropes are untangled, it leads to some fancy tug-of-war.

03-09-09, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 5 Second Promo"
it's probably the opposing tribe's member that has to pull one of them off

That would make sense, but here's Joe racing past while Sierra is on the spool being pulled by Brendan:

So I don't really get what the point of this is.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-09, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: 5 Second Promo"
Oh yeah. Hmm... well, what the hell? Weird challenge. It certainly looks from the closeups of Erinn that she's trying to squeeze the pole, resist in some way. Maybe the tribes change up? No, that doesn't make sense either. Well then.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-09, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
Just a thought about the tug-of-war.

For Timbits: (3 men and 3 women)
A strong Brendan, a strong Tyson, a weak Coach, and 3 small women, although not necessarily weak for their size - Sierra, Erinn and Debbie.

For Jello Pow: (4 men and 2 women)
A strong JT, a relatively strong Joe, a so-so Spencer, a weak Stephen,a strong Taj, and a weak Sydney.

In tug-of-war size does matter as 'leaning into it' with more weight will pull the other team. This challenge wasn't balanced from the start. With this apparent imbalance, it is the RC; and I can see why Jello Pow wins - and sends Sierra, who chooses Stephen to join her at the sand box.

electropoprebel 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-09, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail electropoprebel Click to send private message to electropoprebel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
The promo advertising that the girls plan to take out the boys happens almost in EVERY survivor season. Only Mirconesia made good with that promise. That being said, if i remember correctly, a male IS usually booted, leading viewers to believe a female alliance has taken control of the game. (Usually it only lasts the ONE boot). I think this promo is bad for Joe. The Exile Island alliance will start attempting to take out bigger threats now that the alliance is solidified. I think Tyson and Joe are most in danger this week Followed by Sydney and Erinn.

Bye Bye... Joe? ;)

03-09-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
28. "Promo where the girls take out the guys..."
Thanks to Survivor Phoenix for posting the link for the link to the Sports PIP Promo....

Erinn, Sydney, Sierra, and Taj featured...featured men: Spencer, Brendan, Stephen, Jiffy, Spencer and Tyson. The promo ends with Sydney...

Coming Thursday on Survivor: The women try to take control, will the men be left behind? Don't miss a new Survivor, coming next on CBS, America's most watched network...

03-09-09, 06:31 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Announcer: This Survivor will keep you spinning with the roughest, toughest challenges yet.

Jeff Probst: A point was scored while losing a tooth.

Poor JT...this looks like some sort of contest with nets and some type of ball...I suppose the spinning challenge is the the one with the ropes...looks like the girls sit on the spool, while the others try and rewind it, or wrap it in some way? The RC.

While the IC is the water game challenge with nets...JT loses his tooth...He does not look too happy here...frustrated...

03-09-09, 09:35 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
"While the IC is the water game challenge with nets...JT loses his tooth...He does not look too happy here...frustrated...

But neither does Brendan here:

This made me smile. Look at the fierceness in Sierra's expression!

Now, that's a tackle!

TKM809 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-09, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TKM809 Click to send private message to TKM809 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 5, "Your going to want that tooth", Vidcaps"
JP also sayed that JT got the poit for jalapao and He loses a tooth

03-10-09, 08:24 AM (EST)
32. "Monday Night Full Promo..."
I don't have the vidcaps yet, but here is the link to Survivor Phoenix that has posted the entire full promo, here.

Clearly, this promo presents two prominent boot choices...one misdirection the other valid, or both misdirection? Taj and Spencer...

To help us consider the list of boot suspects this week, let's go through all of the promos for the week and see who they feature.

1. The Preview Promo: First we have a snake that preceeds Taj and Brendan, and questions the secret alliance...featured are Taj and Brendan. Then, Tyson whispers to Debbie and Coach what he suspects...it's as if he has overheard Brendan. Then, we have Taj going off at her tribe, and Joe tells us that actions like that can get you voted off...*Note, there are NO sitings of Sydney or Spencer

Possible boot suspects from this: Taj, Brendan, Joe

I think this is really the promo with some substance...when taken with all of the other promos...this promo makes it look as though the most at risk one is Taj. With comments from the other promos, "this Survivor will leave you spinning", it does sound like a set up for Taj to play a HII and the vote bounce off Joe, perhaps? But would'nt the editors be all over it if the Idol were to be played?

2. 5 second promo: "It's a Survivor that will leave you spinning...featured: Joe running and then running past a spinning Sierra, spinning: Sierra, Erinn, Debbie. To me, the most at risk: Joe

3. Press Images: Individual shots of Timbira: Tyson, Sierra, Erinn, Debra, Coach. Shots at Jalapao: Taj and Sydney, Sydney, Joe. Several shots of the tugging portion of the RC, focus on the Jalapao side...So, the only one not seen from Timbira is Brendan...he is safe? (Off to exile perhaps), while there is no Stephen shots at camp either(off to Exile perhaps?).

Only three folks featured from the Jalapao camp: Taj, Sydney, Joe... *Only the shot of Taj and Sydney are from the latest day, possibly after the IC, so likely the Jalapao tribe loses the IC?

4. Sports Promo: Announcer: This Survivor will keep you spinning with the roughest, toughest challenges yet.

Featured: AS the announcer says roughest: JT, as the announcer says toughest: Sydney then Brendan, Jiffy, then JT.

Featured: JT, Sydney, Brendan

5. Sports PIP Promo: Starts with a shot of Spencer, then Erinn, Sydney, Sierra, and Taj featured...Then in this order as the V/O says, will the men be left behind, we see: Brendan, Stephen, Jiffy, Spencer and Tyson. The promo ends with Sydney...

"Coming Thursday on Survivor: The women try to take control, will the men be left behind? Don't miss a new Survivor, coming next on CBS, America's most watched network... "

Most at risk from Jalapao tribe: Sydney, Taj, Spencer

6. Full Promo - Monday night. Here is the V/O:
V/O: Thursday, Jiffy: "Go", Announcer: It's a Survivor that will leave you spinning...
V/O: First, These 2 women think they control the game...shots of Taj and Sierra on split screen laughing,
Focus on Taj: Taj: I just love it when a perfect plan comes together...LAUGHING
V/O: But, could the joke be on them?
Joe: Moves like that out here will get you voted off
V/O: Plus, could one castaways secret life hurt him (Spencer shown)
Spencer: They are maybe inclined to get rid of somebody like me
V/O: And, don't miss the roughest, toughest challenges yet!
Jeff: "A point was scored when losing a tooth"

Again, this promo asks will the women who think they have control of the game, specifically Taj be the brunt of the joke, when they are voted off? Again, we see Joe telling us that a move like this will get you voted off...we are left to think, or will it get YOU voted off?

Then, we get another boot suspect...Spencer talking about being gay, perhaps...I don't know if he has divulged this to the others, so I assume this is what his secret life is pertaining to? Misdirection?

So: With all of the most prominent boot suspects from the Jalapao tribe, I am inclined to believe that it is the Jalapao's that will indeed go to TC, Timbira wins IC. Clearly, JT is featured because he is the competitor and he is the one that sacrifices the tooth in the roughest/toughest challenge, yet! That leaves Taj, Spencer, Joe, Sydney. Taj most likely has the hidden II, and if it were to be played, or even not played while resulting in her boot, I think the producers would have hyped the II prominently...such as, will the II change the game, will one over-confident survivor miss their one chance for survival, or some such hype. Clearly, the question regarding the brilliance of the 4 way, cross tribal alliance or it leading to disaster will not play out in this coming episode...I think that Taj will be safe...for now. So, this leaves Joe, Spencer, Sydney. What about the other questions, will the girls take control and the men be left behind?, OR, the other proposed quandry, will Spencer's secret life hurt him? Personally, these people probably already know that he is gay, and won't really care, so definately, if Spencer is worried about his sexual preference hurting him, the answer is he is safe....but, what if he is worried about his challenge performance, which would not be a secret, then I would consider this a valid choice. So, since Spencer is worried about his "secret life", I think he is safe.

Finally, we are down to Joe and Sydney. Last week we saw reasons for Sydney to get booted, her flirting strategy is not enough. Joe, hurt his shoulder and only held 140# in the challenge...while they did not lose, I am sure that his performance was noted by some others. Last week, Taj voted for him, so clearly, they are not aligned. It is Joe that points out Taj's bad behavior to the audience in confessional. I think either Sydney or Joe will be gone this week, most likely Sydney???

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-09, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Monday Night Full Promo..."
Wow FP, can I just copy your post and make it my SOTS for this week? (I kid)

Anyway, I'll be posting my thoughts later in the SOTS today, but I think it's Joe, not Sydney this week. Although the sudden emphasis on Spencer when he's been invisible up until now gives me pause.

I haven't seen that promo, thanks for the link, I better go look at it before I finish up!

03-10-09, 08:54 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Monday Night Full Promo..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-09 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

Hiya Cat...so glad that you are accounted for and joining in this season! You are clearly a voice around here,

I think this week it may come down to this...

But, as I stated above, I have ruled out Taj...for this week. I think Joe will quickly follow Sydney, perhaps...or vice, versa?

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-09, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Monday Night Full Promo..."
How they arrive at their boot choice will be very interesting. They have 6 team members: Taj, JT and Stephen are aligned and Joe, Sydney and Spenser are aligned (I'm taking this from the pow wow Taj, JT, Stephen and Sandy had in the water last episode. JT said that Joe and Spenser would be upset if Sydney got voted out.) That makes a potential tie at Tribal. I think Taj, JT and Stephen is the stronger alliance so one of the others will go. But is there another alliance we don't know about? I was surprised that T,J,S would vote out Sandy and lose a vote that would keep them in control. I think Spenser is misdirection. He's either aligned with JT or he flips (we haven't seen any strategy from him yet, maybe this is the week!!).

03-10-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Monday Night Full Promo..."
I agree, CTGirl. I said it somewhere else, I think in the Insider thread. In order for JT, Stephen, and Taj to vote out Sandy, they MUST feel as though they have another alliance-mate, most likely, imo, Spencer. We know that it's not Joe, as Taj threw him a vote, and we know that Sydney was the boot option, so most likely, it is indeed Spencer...I suspect that Joe and Sydney will follow each other.

03-10-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Monday Night Full Promo..."
There is something odd about Spencer's edit. He doesn't seem like he should be a non-entity, but he's barely getting any face time. He was the only person who never spoke at last week's TC. But I noticed that they gave him one of those "meaningful" shots during the voting (usually they spotlight those who are the targets or someone who thinks they have manipulated the vote) -- and then the departure from TC shot seemed to focus on him too.

After Ep 1 Spencer was the one who said they reversed the order and Carolina went first and Sandy would be going next. And so Sandy did. Does Spencer have more to do with things than we are being shown?

03-10-09, 08:48 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Monday Night Full Promo..."
the full promo, thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Announcer: Thursday...

Jeff Probst: Go!

Announcer: It's a Survivor that will leave you spinning. First, these two women think they control the game.

Taj <in confessional>: I just love it when a perfect plan comes together.

Sierra: *laughs*

Announcer: But could the joke be on them?

Joe: Moves like that out here will get you voted off.

Announcer: Plus, will one castaway's secret life hurt him?

Spencer <in confessional>: They are maybe inclined to get rid of somebody like me

Announcer: And don't miss the roughest, toughest challenges yet.

03-12-09, 06:49 AM (EST)
40. "Sydney is the shooter for the Jalapao's..."
As noted by Birdlady at Sucks...

It would be easier to blame a loss on the launcher than on one particular catcher...

Note the band in front of Sydney...it is a launcher. She must launch flying targets to the team mates in the water...

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-09, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Sydney is the shooter for the Jalapao's..."
An overzealous castaway risks it all in the immunity challenge and pays with a tooth, while another castaway finds himself in hot water for not performing during the challenge, on SURVIVOR: TOANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS

What has been bothering me is the male person not performing during the challenge. (Not preforming as opposed to not preforming well..)

We know it's not JT. HE is overzealous.

I was thinking maybe it would be a "strong man" deciding to pull the slingshot instead of being out there catching..

We do know that Specner is however out in the catching part of the game.

Here

We see at the top the bottom part of his swim suit.

Leaves really Joe or Stephen to be "mad at" for not being in the challenge. Or someone of the other tribe.. but if they win, why would they really be mad?

03-12-09, 10:02 AM (EST)
42. "Jiffy'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-09 AT 10:06 AM (EST)

...and the plot thickens at Camp Timbira...thanks TDT for posting the link to Jiffy's Episode 5 Preview Video.

So, Coach and company are onto Brendan et al....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •