The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-09, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Via SurvivorFever via TV Guide:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s18_cast.html

Ben Wade: Timbira Tribe
Name: Benjamin J. Wade
Location: Susanville, California; originally from Knoxville, TN
Occupation: Conductor/Artistic Director for the Susanville Symphony
Education: Full music scholarship to the University of Tennessee. He later received his Masters of Music in Conducting from the University of Nevada
Head Women's Soccer Coach at Southwest Baptist University, an NCAA institution in Bolivar, MO
In 1996 he paddled 6,132 miles to set the world record for the longest solo kayak expedition. He paddled for six months on the Pacific Ocean from San Felipe, Mexico to Colombia, South America
Ben became the first kayaker to solo-navigate the full length of the Orinoco and Amazon Rivers in 1998

Brendan Synnott: Timbira Tribe
Name: Brendan Synnott
Occupation: Co-owner of the company, Bare Naked Granola, from which he has made more than 50 million dollars
Education: Vanderbilt University
First he sold his Bear Naked Granola business to Kellogg's as part of a $122 million dollar deal. Now Synnott's got to test his mettle. "I think it's healthy to have everything taken from you and then have to rebuild" he says/ "That's good character building.
Former talent manager for Saturday Night Live

Debbie Beebe: Timbira Tribe
Name: Debra Beebe
Education: Master's degree in Physical Education from Chicago State University, Bachelor's degree in Physical Education from Eastern Illinois University
Attended high school and college in the Chicago area
Has applied for Survivor many times. Was repeatedly turned down because she didn't have enough body mass. After seeing all of the ridiculously skinny people on the last few seasons, she contacted SEG and told them she wanted to play. Has been missing for several months:
AUBURN CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION
Approved Minutes
October 14, 2008 6:00 P.M. I.
CALL TO ORDER
Leave of Absence.
Debra Beebe, Principal, Drake Middle School, effective October 24 through December 15, 2008

Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George: Jalapao Tribe
Name: Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George
Education: Graduate of Belmont University, where she received her bachelor of business administration in marketing
Credits: is best known as "Taj," one third of the nineties multiplatinum R&B group SWV—Sisters with Voices. She is married to former NFL star Eddie George, with whom she stars on the reality television show I Married a Baller on TV One.
She runs her husband's nonprofit organization, Visions With Infinite Possibilities
They live in Nashville, where George played with the Tennessee Titans for nine seasons -- with apartments in Columbus and Los Angeles

Sydney Wheeler: Jalapao Tribe
Name: Sydney Wheeler
Credits: SHAPE and SELF magazine, WOMEN'S DAY magazine, THE BUCKLE, PROTECT-A-BED, RIPE TV, CHARLOTTE RUSSE, FOX racing, CONVERSE, 3 DOTS, KEWI, INFANTINO, CLEAR CORRECT, GLITTER and OCEAN magazine, etc.

Candace Smith: Timbira Tribe
Education: graduate of the University of Dayton and Northwestern University School of Law.
Fertilized eggs? Insects? "I'll swallow it," says Smith. "Having to eat something for a chance to win a million dollars is nothing to me. I grew up eating chitlins."
Credits: Smith's first pageant experience came in 2001 when she placed second runner-up to Kimberly Mullen in the Miss Ohio USA pageant. She returned the following year, and won the Miss Ohio USA 2003 title. Smith went on to represent Ohio in the Miss USA 2003 pageant held in San Antonio, Texas, which was won by Susie Castillo of Massachusetts.
After passing the Ohio Bar exam in 2004 and practicing at a firm in Ohio, she decided to pursue acting full-time. She was one of "Barker's Beauties" on The Price is Right game show. She went on to have roles on Fox's Method and Red, HBO's Entourage and NBC's Joey. In 2006 she had a small role in the Broken Lizard comedy Beerfest, in which she appeared nude.

Sierra Reed: Timbira Tribe
Name: Sierra Reed
Sierra Reed attended Carlsbad High, where she was on the basketball team. But her absences mounted as she pursued a modeling career, and she was advised to switch to an alternative school.
She enrolled in the academy and headed for New York, where she eventually rented an apartment. Each morning, she'd wake up at 6 and take the subway to casting calls.
Now she lives in Santa Monica, where she leads what some would see as a glamorous life, dating celebrities and modeling. She appeared on MTV's reality series, "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County."
"You have to start early in this business because by 25, you're done," she said.
Not only did this beauty not have to try out to get on Survivor ("I was at a taco stand when the recruiters came up to me," she says), she doesn't need the prize. "Money comes and goes," says Reed, who turned down a Tommy Hilfiger campaign to do the show. "If I'd saved when I was just starting out, I'd be a multimillionaire by now.

no individual pic yet
Sandy Burgin: Jalapao Tribe
Name: Sandy Burgin
This hyper, tattooed grandmother knew she was perfect for Survivor, so she flew to Seattle to be the first to audition. "My willpower is phenomenal," she says. "On a scale of one to 10, it's a 12."

Stephen Fishbach: Jalapao Tribe
Name: Stephen Fishbach
Call him a speechwriter, a spam master or a Muppet. (He thinks he looks like Kermit.) But don't call him "Fish." "That's my nickname at home," he says. "I can't here because when I can't fish, I'm going to look like an idiot."

no individual pic yet
James Thomas, Jr.: Jalapao Tribe
Name: James Thomas Jr.
Warning: This cowboy knows how to take down prey. "Deer, turkey, wild hog, coyote-everything you're allowed to hunt in Alabama I've hunted," he says. "I'm a country boy."

no individual pic yet
Spencer Duhm: Jalapao Tribe
Name: Spencer Duhm
Survivor fan Duhm has been studying the game since he was 11. That's why he plans to trust no one, saying, "You have to assume they're going to screw you before you screw them over."

no individual pic yet
Jerry Sims: Timbira Tribe
Name: Jerry Sims
First Sergeant Sims may have charmed his 100 soldier Army Reserves company "with a smile and a little manipulation," but things will be different on Survivor. "I don't want to be the boss," he says. "The leader gets axed too early."

no individual pic yet
Carolina Eastwood: Jalapao Tribe
Name: Carolina Eastwood
How did this fire-spitting Panamanian-American prep for Survivor? "I got lasered from head to toe," she says. "Because I'm ethnic in the hairiest sense of the word. And I did not want to scare people with my overgrown armpits."

Tyson Apostol: Timbira Tribe
Name: Tyson Apostol
Why do Survivor? "Because I'd be good at it. May as well go and win," says the former pro cyclist, who rides 31 mph. "And $1 million in two months isn't a bad paycheck." All he has to do now is perfect his strategy of "pushing people's buttons."

Erinn Lobdell: Timbira Tribe
Name: Erinn Lobdell
Lobdell says she can get a stranger to trust her within five minutes. It's a gift she hopes will pay off. "I work at a nice salon, so if this works out for me, I'll be the new owner when I get home."

no indivual pic yet
Joe Dowdle: Jalapao Tribe
Name: Joe Dowdle
Dowdle's strategy? Persuade and evade. "If it works, I will have pulled off something miraculous. If not, I'll get pretty far anyway. I told my mom before I left. "I'll see you out there."

Jalapao Red:
Sandy Burgin
Stephen Fishbach
James Thomas Jr.
Spencer Duhm
Sydney Wheeler
Carolina Eastwood
Taj Johnson-George
Joe Dowdle

Timbira Purple/Blue/Black:
Jerry Sims
Candace Smith
Tyson Apostol
Sierra Reed
Erinn Lobdell
Benjamin Wade
Debra Beebe
Brendan Synnot

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast flystorms 01-13-09 1
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Q 01-13-09 2
       RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Brownroach 01-13-09 5
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast suzzee 01-13-09 3
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Brownroach 01-13-09 4
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast kidflash212 01-13-09 10
       RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Brownroach 01-14-09 14
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Estee 01-13-09 6
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Snidget 01-13-09 7
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast vince3 01-13-09 8
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast michel 01-13-09 9
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast sol 01-14-09 15
       RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast CTgirl 01-14-09 19
           RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast michel 01-14-09 23
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast coolbluepig 01-14-09 11
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast skye 01-14-09 12
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast byoffer 01-14-09 13
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Corvis 01-14-09 16
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast michel 01-14-09 22
       RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Brownroach 01-15-09 28
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Max Headroom 01-14-09 17
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Bursar 01-14-09 18
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast mrc 01-14-09 20
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 21
 Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Retu... michel 01-14-09 24
   RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... flystorms 01-15-09 25
       RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... michel 01-15-09 26
           RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... CTgirl 01-15-09 27
               RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... michel 01-15-09 29
   RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... Estee 01-16-09 32
       RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... Dakota 01-31-09 38
   RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... Flowerpower 01-28-09 34
       RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: ... michel 01-28-09 36
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast suzzee 01-16-09 30
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Estee 01-16-09 31
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast suzzee 01-16-09 33
       RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast agman 01-28-09 35
           RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast mattben 01-28-09 37
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast anotherkim 02-01-09 39
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Spanky68 02-03-09 41
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast toddE 02-02-09 40
 RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast michel 02-07-09 42
   RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast Flowerpower 02-08-09 43
       RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast flystorms 02-09-09 44
       RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast michel 02-11-09 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-13-09, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
After looking at this group there are two themes going on here...

Beauties and the Beasts
Rich vs. Poor

Wow, where did they recruit this group of model/actor/bartenders? Phfftttt!!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-13-09, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
I'm afraid I have to agree. Millionaires on the show? WTF? Models galore, blech.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Next season they'll have Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Thanks dabo for bringing this over! Ok, let the season begin. I had a sense of deja vu for some reason they all look familiar or is formula the word I'm looking for. Time will tell, anything to keep my mind off this snow. gah

Grrrr It's best to play dead when sock puppets attack

01-13-09, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
I am pronouncing "Spencer Duhm" and laughing.

That is all.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
That name stood out to me too

Think it's DUMB or DOOM?

sig courtesy of JSlice's creative genius

01-14-09, 10:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
I'm thinking DUMB but either way it's funny.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Someone else may have to do the EW preview this season. Just looking at the cast list has me nauseous: I don't even want to think about what detail is going to do.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
I thought this was Survivor 18
Not Survivor 14:59 surely I can squeeze out one more second of fame.

Who cast this mess? Did AI fire the plant factory crew and Survivor hired them all?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Don't you remember the runner-up of BB All-Stars, Erica?

Her.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Millionnaires??? I'm guessing one of two things: Either they enjoyed having Sugar make a mockery of the game or they're hoping the winner tells them they can keep the money.

Could the cast of 16 hide 2 returning castaways? Eliza wrote that she knew something about a couple of contestants and there are no lawyers in the bunch. (Although Stephen Fishbach, a consultant from New-York, could be one of them.)

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
I dunno Michel ... wouldn't Dowdle and Duhm make a good name for a law firm?

Actually, it says that Candice Smith (Timbira tribe)passed her Ohio Bar exam in 2004. Perhaps law wasn't enough for her as she went on to other endeavors ...

...She was one of "Barker's Beauties" on The Price is Right game show. She went on to have roles on Fox's Method and Red, HBO's Entourage and NBC's Joey. In 2006 she had a small role in the Broken Lizard comedy Beerfest, in which she appeared nude.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
She could also be refering to Brendan Synnott. He's worked in NY at SNL and Darien, CT is basically a NYC suburb.

01-14-09, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-09 AT 08:29 PM (EST)

I'm still having a bad feeling: Since the reveal, Eliza has only added that she likes the Jewish guy from NY, not that she knew him or any other. That doesn't match her earlier comments.

ETA: This is what Eliza wrote at Sucks on Jan 3

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/32170?page=234

"I may or may not have an idea about a couple of contestants who are on Brazil, but no comment on that until after the cast is announced!"

Yesterday, she was asked:

What do you think of the new cast so far?

She answered:

"I tend not to form opinions of people until I've at the very least heard them talk... So far, I just know I like the Jew from NYC."

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-14-09, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
the group pictures are weird. it looks like it was taken days after the first time they got on Tocantins. notice the dirty shirts and some facial hair growth. it seems odd.

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-14-09, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
>the group pictures are weird. it
>looks like it was taken
>days after the first time
>they got on Tocantins. notice
>the dirty shirts and some
>facial hair growth. it seems
>odd.

Says right in the corner of the pic "Day 3".

(And weirdly Dude 16 looks like this dork I had one date with. Obviously not the same guy but the resemblance is eerie.)

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." G.W. Bush

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Hey! The group pictures have changed from yesterday. These two are clearer.

Early advantage to Jalapeno tribe for strength-based challenges (especially on the female side), and prolly advantage to Timbuk2 tribe for speed/agility challenges.

IQ-based challenges? I predict these won't end quickly.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-14-09, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Well, considering three of the Timbira tribe are frowning and it's day 3 - 1st immunity challenge - I'm guessing Jalapano won the first challenge. Could have been taken before the challenge of course, but still - it's something to go on.

01-14-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
I saw that also, Corvis. Even if it was before the challenge, it seems to indicate that the Pepper tribe had a better start. Could the Timber tribe be in for a fall?

01-15-09, 05:33 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Or at the very least it might indicate that the Timbres don't all get along with each other, which can of course become a drawback in challenges.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
This cast needs more models! More models! After enduring long stints of peeps like Scout, Lil, Bob the Walking Stick, and unclothed Dicque, we need several seasons where the cast is 100% models to help my eyes recover.

And my TV mute button is standing by for when any of them speak.

Surfkitten Sigshop Summer 2008

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-14-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-09 AT 01:34 PM (EST)

Seems to me to be a redux of Amazon, won by the swimsuit model Jenna.

You can pay me now, or you can pay me later.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
What a craptastic cast. Bleh.

A Slice of Manga

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Side note: Ben's from Heidi Strobel country

Agman took me to the islands

01-14-09, 11:46 PM (EST)
24. "Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
From Jeff's Meet the Castaway video:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/video.php?cid=995078142&pid=o7uWWA_s9ZnML0F63tKYh_49QYtYerSp&category=editorial&play=true

Jeff tells us that they will focus on First Impressions, so after they get off the truck and take whatever they can, Jeff tells the castaways: "You are going to vote somebody out of each tribe. Two of you will not make the journey."

So, with only 16 castaways and 2 voted out immediately we have to consider the possibility of returning players as Eliza's comments made me consider. Either that or the first two voted out return as Outcasts because a season of 14 doesn't work very well.

01-15-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
What if they're not sent home, but to Exile right away; safe from TC the first time?

01-15-09, 09:57 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
It's a possibility for sure and the CBS press release seems to point that way:

CBS today announced the 16 castaways who will compete on SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS, when the 18th installment of the Emmy Award-winning series premieres Thursday, Feb. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS will prove to be one of the most rugged locations ever visited and the only relief from these harsh conditions will be a river oasis known as the Rio Novo. Left stranded in the majestic interior of Brazil for 39 days, these castaways will battle scorching temperatures, torrential downpours, and dangerous wildlife all in an effort to outwit, outplay, and outlast one another in order to win the title of Sole Survivor.

This season, the castaways will be divided into two separate tribes from the very beginning and these diverse individuals must immediately begin their game based solely on their first impressions of each other. In advance of any formal introduction and before the castaways speak their first words to each other, one person from each tribe will be chosen to remain behind and will not continue with their group on the journey that lies ahead. Will this mean the end for these two individuals or will they get a second chance to make a first impression?
/

The two designated players could also return to the opposite tribe. The press release mentions choosing which ones will remain behind which is the way Jeff presents it when he asks a tribe who will go to exile. In the video however, Jeff says they have to vote someone out. And there's still a month for new press releases...

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
That makes a little more sense. There really aren't any players from the past two season that would be worth bringing back.

I like the idea of those players being switched to the opposite tribe. It kind of plays with the old adage, "you never get a second chance to make a first impression."

01-15-09, 08:46 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
"There really aren't any players from the past two season that would be worth bringing back."

But there were players considered for Micronesia that were late scratches when it became Fans vs Favorites. Also, for some strange reason, Jeff said that Erik would probably have won if he hadn't given up his immunity and, if so, would have been one of the best winners ever. Erik? Really?? I hope I'm wrong!

01-16-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
I'm hoping for the instant-Exile (as much as I've come to loathe ExI) or delayed tribe switch. An immediate vote-out would be the most unfair twist for new contestants the game had ever seen.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-09, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
Except in the case of Wanda.

By Tribe, Loser Lodge Proprietor

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
Hiya michel! Glad to see everyone in here and diving into the new season. We have a snow day today, so a perfect time to catch up...

After watching the clip that you refer to..."someone is not going on the journey from each tribe"....I do NOT think that someone is voted out right at the beginning, as they are all accounted for as they are dirty and walking with their tribal flag, most likely to the challenge....Also, they are all pictured and accounted for on day three, for tribal pictures...interesting assessments from everyone...most likely the two that don't make the journey is a new twist.

Impressions from what the daws say about themselves...
Jalapao Tribe: Taj: she snaps at people and she has no patience...is she loud?
Sydney...may look like a diva, but she doesn't think that she is, we'll see? Seems attached to Spencer
Sandy...??? Ky grandma with a tatoo...too eager?
Stephen: A Yalie that will not divulge his education...
James: A smiler, Alabama boy...not so attractive BJ?
Spencer: youngest player that will go down in the record books, seems to be attached to Sydney
Carolina: more to her than meets the eye, great dimple
Joe: a Texan?

Timbira: Ben: A competitor that thinks Survivor past has been the survivor of the weakest, wants to reward competitors...
Brendon: Playful millionaire
Debra: MS Principal
Candace: will use her appearance
Sierra: a woman with "balls"
Jerry: Army sargaent, seems friendly...possible association with Ben?
Tyson: seems snobby, doesn't like the old lady....but they are not on the same tribe??
Erinn: people are surprised that she is actually intelligent

Interesting to note that when Jeff talks about them collectively at the end, he notes that there are some that you will like, and the camera pans on specifically to Carolina, Brendon, Debra, and Spencer...misdirection or not? Will end up re-posting in the Veruca's thread when she posts, but for now it's my "first impressions"...

01-28-09, 06:54 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Survivor Tocantin First Twist: Returning Players?"
Hi FP!
Yes, unless they are keeping something for later, the most likely twist is that the 2 are simply exiled.

In the Jalapeno tribe, Stephen could be in trouble early on because most of the tribe comes from the South while he's from New-York.

01-16-09, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Here's a picture of Spencer Duhm and the link to a local article.
Sounds like an Eric 2.0

http://blogs.tampabay.com/media/2009/01/lakeland-studen.html

The article had another cast picture too.

Raoul Duke: (after pulling his car up onto the sidewalk) Is this not a reasonable place to park? Siggie by Tribe

01-16-09, 12:48 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
From the most recent EW"

'"The blindside continues to be a major force," reveals host Jeff Probst. "It wreaks delightful havoc on a group of the most likable Survivors we have had in a long, long time." Likable? We don't watch Survivor to make friends.'

And yet I still hate them all.

01-16-09, 06:31 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Hate is such a strong word so early in the previews. Loathe, despise, nauseate now there are some words we can sink our teeth into.

Blindsides, unwanted pregnancies, blizzards, showmances, python related incidents I can hardly wait.

Dr. Gonzo: Let's give the boy a lift.
Raoul Duke: What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Tribe Magic

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"

>Blindsides, unwanted pregnancies, blizzards, showmances, python

Sounds like just a day at the office for me!

Promotion courtesy of Tribe!

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-28-09, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Python?

Do we get some Monty moments?

I'm not dead yet.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-09, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
three Tennessee connections? Weird.

Kimmah Says
--models, models and more models...blech.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-09, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Who doesn't want to see models and rich people suffer?

Moonbaby tricked out my siggie

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-02-09, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Looks like a revisit of Amazon? We should be so lucky, that was one of the best casts ever.

This does indeed look like the Haves vs the Have Nots. Some Have Money, some Have Not. Some Have Looks (especially Sierra, who is incredibly fine but first impression, she's very annoying), some Have Not.

Recruited casts? I dunno, some good has come of it but I hate the Big Brother types.

02-07-09, 05:13 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Reality Blurred has interesting interviews with the castaways. Here are links to the ones I saw and a summary of the highlights:

Erin:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_21_erinn_lobdell

Erin was actually the second person I spoke with in Brazil, at a river-side camp that served as Survivor Tocantins’ comparatively miserable Ponderosa. (The first person was pulled from the game for medical reasons one day before it began, we were told.)

Erinn struck me immediately as a less arrogant and more fun version of Marcus: attractive, smart, charismatic, and engaging. We talked for 42 minutes, by far the most of anyone. “I feel like I’m just going to open my mouth and not stop. Please don’t let me be the girl who talks too much,” she said at one point, and while she does talk a lot, it’s not uninteresting or irrelevant babble—quite the opposite, actually.

Erinn will probably be one of the stronger women, in part because she trained for the show and “went into very serious overdrive, and was like, ‘I’m going to be as tough as I can possibly be.’ I’m going to put on as much muscle I can, I’m working out a couple times a day,”

Taj :

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_06_taj_johnson_george

Taj knows that her fellow competitors may already have a good idea who she is. As a member of the Grammy-nominated group SWV (Sisters with Voices), she’s also married to Heisman Trophy winner and former NFL player Eddie George, and recently wrote a book.

Taj was recruited because “they were casting for an NFL wife; I fit the profile”

That preparation leads her to be confident about being able to perform. “I think I’m prepared. I’m as qualified as anybody else here,” she said. The only thing she’s worried about holding her breath: “I have five seconds, tops, under water.” Whatever the show throws her way, she’s ready for it, in part because she thinks her competition isn’t that difficult. “I’m looking forward to the physical challenges, because I really think I can take those girl. I can fast for days; I fasted for almost 28 days before. So to be hungry, I’ll just go into fast mode.” Even if she’s hungry, “I’m not eating no bugs,” Taj said. “I can’t even eat chicken because I can’t stand when you fry it, it bleeds. »

Stephen :

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_05_stephen_fishbach

« In a season of people I liked pretty well, he was easily my favorite for that combination of intelligence and quirky characteristics, never mind his easygoing personality, and I suspect he’ll be an intriguing character on the show and probably go very far… He does sound somewhat academic and is obviously smart, but there’s no arrogance or elitism at all, and that’s part of what makes him so engaging. »

“I’ve always thought that people who went on reality shows were idiots, because you have no control over your own image,” Stephen said. “And I’m obviously afraid of that; I’m sure everyone’s afraid of that.” He cited the part of the contract that “even explicitly says they can make you look stupid if they want, which is kind of incredible that they include that line.”

Stephen was “recruited a week before the final round”
Stephen… plans to emulate the way Rob (Cesternino) “targeted the outliers, the loners who weren’t friends with anyone” and “built up these relationships” with “allies that didn’t have any other outlet.” But Stephen also noted that there was a “fundamental flaw in his strategy; it wasn’t incidental” that Rob lost.

I’m a little bit physically awkward,” he said. “I’m sort of terrified of tripping in a challenge and immediately being voted out as punishment… I’m seriously terrified about it.”
He also talked about Brendan (“his initials are B.S., which is unfortunate for this game,” Stephen said, and he knew that because, at Ponderosa, casting verbally identifies contestants using their initials). Anyway, Stephen described Brendan as being “very expressive” and also “very engaged with the group,” and added, “I think working with him would be great.”

Brendan:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_04_brendan_synnott

"I can’t wait to do all that stuff,” he said of daily camp life and the challenges. “This is so fun. What an awesome, unique experience to have and to go through.” He’s also ready to play the game: “I want to win; when I play games, I love to win. I didn’t come here just to come on vacation; I could have done that somewhere else with a lot more freedom,”

Brendan insisted, “if I need to be a leader, I will; I don’t have a problem with it… I think the best strategy is to make your tribe as comfortable as possible and provide leadership where they need it, and to ultimately win the immunity challenges where you can.”

Joe:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_03_joe_dowdle

I left our conversation truly ambivalent about him. He was low-key but not with an edge like Tyson Apostol; he was alternately boring and interesting, a nice guy but not very memorable.
Joe was recruited, although he said “I wish I would have” applied because he has “always kind of followed” the show and “really enjoyed every episode that I had caught… a “friend of a friend was a casting director.”

Joe’s “persuade and evade” strategy is the most interesting and different strategy anyone told me about, although I can’t quite decide if it’s either smart or ridiculous : « I thought I would do what’s called persuade and evade, you know, try to get a lot of invitations out there and see who comes, as opposed to trying to trying to focus on one or two people to make an alliance »

Tyson:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_02_tyson_apostol

Tyson said, “I’m a pretty outgoing person, so it’s easy for me to make friends, but I guess it’s easy for people to hate me—not really hate, but I can get on people’s nerves, I think, because I’m outgoing and say what I think… perhaps somebody’s annoying the entire team, I’m definitely going to have my way with them then.” He called that strategy, “Mock one so the rest thrive. »

“I swam at BYU on scholarship, so I’m sure I’m a better swimmer” and “my endurance is higher than most, if not everybody’s here”.

As to his perception of other players, he said the old lady (Sandy) is “like a five-year-old” and “her mannerisms bother me, she’s fidgety.” He also talked about the “little blonde girl with the semi-smashed face” (Sierra, I assume) who is a “stereotypical blonde” and “seems pretty stupid… the “long-haired dude,” (meaning Ben/Coach) “seems like he’s pretty strong and could be a good guy to work with.”

Although his “parents are big fans” of Survivor, Tyson said “I didn’t pay that much attention to it before,” and was recruited (by a friend of a friend working in casting, apparently).

Debbie

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_30_debbie_beebee

“I’m an extremely social being,” While she was recruited—apparently through an Auburn professor who has a kid at her school—Debra actually applied eight years ago for Survivor Australia.

“I’m really a natural leader; I do this every day of my life,” she said, but in Brazil, she plans to “step back, don’t be the leader, don’t be bossy. … I’m constantly going to have to tell myself, ‘Step back and think about what you say’

She said she already feels a connection with Candace, the “first one that smiled at me” who’s “real sweet.” She said that a “young girl, very tall blonde girl” (Sierra, I assumed) was “very distant… There have been seasons where the minute you start talking you vote somebody off, and to me, that’s not somebody I want to be stuck with.”

Jerry:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_29_jerry_sims

During our conversation, Jerry Sims described himself as someone who is “just laid back, doesn’t get rattled real easily, can deal with stressful situations calmly.” That’s absolutely true

At 49, he’s the second oldest Survivor Tocantins cast member and he was recruited for the show after having been featured in a newspaper article following his return from Afghanistan last May.

“I’m a real honest-type person, you know, real religious-type, honest, and I just have to go into it, this is a game. I’m going to have to leave that at the door until after the game and pick it back up,”

James (JT):

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_28_jt_thomas

Most time, I’m underestimated. I think some people that judge my intelligence are wrong right off the bat…“Even college, I was underestimated a little bit, somewhat. But I’ve never studied for anything. I’ve never even had to write my own papers; I always had girls write them for me,”

JT’s a fan of Survivor, and while he’s “always watched it,” since he was 15 or 16, his application for this season was the first.

“The first couple people voted out in every show are personality failures, people that just get on everyone’s nerves. If I find anyone doing that, I’m going to point that out, so it’s not me. If I can make it past the first two or three votes, I feel like everybody, they’ll need me, they’ll want me around.”

JT told me that his personality and nature made Ponderosa’s rules difficult, but were also giving him insight into others. “They don’t want you interacting at all, but I can’t help but open the door for people, women and things,” he said. “I smile at everybody because if I look at someone and they don’t smile back, I think they’re being rude.”

As to those other people, JT said that Ben/Coach (“the older middle-aged guy that looks like Steven Seagal”) is “going to be someone I get along with,” and Joe (dark hair, silver cross) “seems genuine kind of guy.” And Candace “seems really prissy” but “it may just be first impression, I don’t know.”

Carolina:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_27_carolina_eastwood

Carolina is a 26-year-old bartender from West Hollywood who once wanted to be an actor and was reluctantly recruited to be on Survivor Tocantins. That doesn’t make her sound like an ideal cast member, but Carolina had a way of surprising defying expectations and revealing complexity behind her pleasant exterior. Carolina calls herself a “huge, huge fan of Survivor” who started watching around the eighth season, but she was recruited… Carolina… was initially skeptical. “I was like, yeah, whatever. »

Carolina doesn’t have a strategy. “I can’t tell you this is how I’m going to play because I haven’t met the other cast members, I haven’t had a conversation with them. »

“you can’t really bullshit me even if you’re looking at me straight in the face”—and discussed a few of her fellow cast members. The “country bumpkin’” (JT, most likely), has been consistently rude to others, so she’s “not too fond of” him, while Sierra had been “making it very apparent, very obvious the things that she can do,” but Carolina still said Sierra is “someone I know I’d seriously get in some trouble with.” She called Sydney (the blonde with the blue eyes) “somewhat of a threat.”

« I’m going to have to watch my mouth, because my mouth will tend to get me in a little bit of trouble »

Ben:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_26_benjamin_coach_wade

Benjamin « coach » Wade is as impossibly arrogant as he is intelligent and accomplished, and after our conversation, I was convinced that he is someone Survivor desperately needs. That’s because he has a plan to alter the now-predictable way people play the game, and his strategy may just work, if his personality doesn’t get in the way.

Benjamin applied for the show for the first time last summer, although when it first debuted in 2000, “I objected to the fact that it really wasn’t survival. »

To him, the cast members aren’t always awesome. “It’s become, in my opinion, survival of the weakest, survival of the manipulative, survival of the dishonest, with some good, honest people sprinkled throughout the game,” Benjamin/Coach (I’m really not sure what to call him) told me. “You haven’t seen a final four that’s all of the strongest. I want to change the game. I want to make it back to being a survivor. »

He said Candace and JT were “like pleading at me with their eyes to take them into the fold,” but thinks JT isn’t physically strong enough and Candace is smart but too “freaked out about bugs and stuff.” He also cited the “tall guy, blonde hair, real Abercrombie and Fitch type” (Tyson, I assumed) who has “condescending attitude” and has “a lot of damage control to do” because he acts “very superior.”

Pre-game, he saw his final four alliance as including Debra and Brendan, and maybe the guy with the “square jaw, dark hair, mid-20s.” He was pissed at Brendan, the “famous businessman,” for revealing that he was being cast (Brendan posted his application video on Youtube), but Benjamin said that because Brendan’s business and sales depend upon his behavior on the show, Benjamin has “kind of got him by the balls on that.”

That’s another strategy: convincing people to play the game his way by appealing to them individually, like arguing to Brendan that his business depends upon ethical behavior in the game, or telling to a teacher that he or she needs to set a good example for their students. “I am phenomenal at manipulating people,” Coach told me. “I’m awesome at manipulating. If I wanted to, I could win this game.” He said he will “plant the seeds in a select few individuals, have them carry the torch” and once they’ve “carried my ideology into that merge, and then, it won’t be such an issue. »

His leadership in the game will be modeled after Jesus: “Of course, Christianity, to be a servant/leader, that’s what Jesus Christ was. I see that in myself, and I see wanting to be that servant/leader,”

Sydney:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_23_sydney_wheeler

Sydney is a model who was, unsurprisingly, recruited at a bar to be a part of the Survivor Tocantins cast. Sydney is nice and pleasant, but after our 18-minute conversation, I was left surprised she was cast for the show. She’s not exactly boring, and hasn’t had the easiest life, but as a television character, I can’t imagine she’ll be interesting at all. Perhaps I’ll be surprised.

As with all recruits, she was given and watched DVDs (Micronesia, All-Stars, Australia, and China) and has found Survivor to be “an amazing show. I fell in love with it.” Amanda (“pretty easy-going” and “strategically started playing both sides”) is her role model in the game, and thus Sydney wants to “make that first alliance and kind of go through it to the end” with “one, two, three’s a charm,” although she said there “might not be anybody I can really trust.”

As to her fellow players, she said she can’t trust Candace, who is “beautiful but she just doesn’t come across as a very nice person” and “seems very snippy,” and also said that the guy who wears cowboy boots (JT?) is “just going to be the annoying guy who does everything” because “he’s always trying to help the crew.” She said that a “taller guy who seems very athletic … just seems like a genuine, all-American guy who has some kind of trust in him,” and I have no idea who she was talking about, because, as she acknowledged, “there’s a couple of those.”

Sandy:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Jan_22_sandy_burgin

« They have contestants and they have characters, and I think I’m a character. » Sandy is the genuine, real thing, and is so quotable and hysterical that I hope she stays on the show for at least a few weeks, however unlikely that may be…it quickly became kind of annoying... But to her credit, she acknowledges that. “I’ve got it take me and my persona down three or four notches. Bottom line, I’m a hyper-in-my-diaper, unmedicated ADHD adult,”

The interviews with Candace, Spencer and Sierra aren't up yet.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Wow, very interesting interviews, indeed, michel, thanks for posting! Stephen seems like a great contestant, and I will give Erin more credit than I originally did. It will be fascinating to watch Coach Ben...now he's got a Jesus complex...WOW! Of the ones he talks about positively, Brendan and Debra are on his original tribe. I look forward to seeing how Tyson and Ben get along.

I don't have much hope for Sandy or Sierra in this game. I think Taj and Carolina will be fun to watch as well.

02-09-09, 04:20 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
Wow, it's disappointing to see that there are at least 13 of them that were recruited. Why does CBS even bother with asking for applications anymore?

02-11-09, 00:03 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Survivor 18 Tocantins Cast"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-09 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

Here's Sierra interview:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_09_sierra_reed

Urgh!!!!

and Candace:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_10_candace_smith

Not as bad except she seems to go from job to job and never stays long. That isn't good in Survivor. Her goal when she returns is to do Playboy.

ETA Spencer to complete the cast:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_tocantins/2009_Feb_11_spencer_duhm

Interesting info on how the replacements are handled:

Spencer... is the youngest-ever contestant to be on the show. He also came close to not having that record, because he was an alternate who thought he was flying home two days after we talked.

The press contingent came back the day after we interviewed everyone else, and the day before the game began, to interview Spencer and the female alternate, both of whom had been pulled out of the holding area all day the previous day—only to sit somewhere alone, not actually talking me, or to TV Guide magazine and channel’s reporters, or even getting their publicity photos taken. Such is the life of an alternate. Because he wasn’t interviewed all day and then we suddenly reappeared, he must have had some idea that things were looking good (we basically knew at that point), except during our whole conversation Spencer still seemed resigned to going home, saying things like, “I’m leaving on Sunday.”

Also, it's funny to read him talk about Survivors from previous seasons.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •