The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: Gabon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-09-08, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Signs of Survival: Gabon"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-08 AT 07:07 AM (EST)

Welcome!

As usual, I’m late. So I’ll get right to it.

First Who and What

The overwhelming odds are that one of
~ Corrine, Dan, Danny or Susie ~
will be Gabon’s Sole Survivor.

And now Why and How

THE SIGNS

I think that most of you would agree that Survivor is typecast: a verb that presumes a plan executed by a two-step process in anticipation of a predictable result. So, if you want to expose the Casting schemes that the show’s producers have historically used to people their signature social conflict in order to spoil any given Season’s dynamics and outcome, you first have to identify and apply a typing methodology that will reveal them. And the long story – short – is that the method we are able to access – via the contestants’ birthdates – is Astrology’s Sun Sign Profiling. And it works.

With that …

Below is a chart that tracks the historic performances of the Signs during the latter stages of Seasons 1 through 16.

For instance:

Pisces was cast sixteen times in those sixteen Seasons. Fifty-six percent of its natives who entered the Game reached its Final 9. Twenty-five percent reached Final 4. Thirteen percent reached Final 3. And Six percent (1 - Brian) of the Pisces who played the Game during those Seasons won it.

And to the right of the chart is a table that pairs Gabon’s contestants with their Signs and links the Signs to their individual Profiles and to a list of the Signs’ natives who have played the Game through sixteen completed Seasons.

The table and the chart are components of a sort of casting bible. And although I’m certain that the data bases used by the show’s producers are far more comprehensive and complex and that the Personality Types referenced by them bear different designations (a rose by any other name ….), I’m also certain that when Creative drops off its Seasonal rewrite at Casting, that department’s version of my very abbreviated (and amateur) gospels is the first thing consulted.

Note: This Season, if the rumors of the replacement of several of the contestants originally cast are credible (and I seem to remember that at some point Probst confirmed them), it would seem that the rewrite was – rewritten. And we’ll see why that may have happened a little later in the thread.

ARIES
Crystal, Kelly
and Randy

CANCER
Dan and ‘GC’

CAPRICORN
Corrine

LIBRA
Ken and Marcus

PISCES
Gillian, Michelle
Bob and ‘Sugar’

SAGITTARIUS
Matty

SCORPIO
Susie

TAURUS
Charlie

VIRGO
Ace, Jacquie
and Paloma

AQUARIUS
GEMINI
LEO
Excluded

Now, there are all sorts of conclusions that could be drawn from the chart and the table. Three examples (from many):

It could be concluded that some Personalities/Signs are – innately – much better suited for this Game than are others. And that, I think, would be a valid assumption.

It could be concluded that if Charlie reaches the Final Three, it would be both a Series milestone and a personal triumph. And that, I think, would be a fair assessment.

And it could be concluded that Susie’s survival of two Tribal Councils is far more impressive than is Dan’s and GC’s accomplishment of the same feat. And that is also, I think, a fair assessment.

But, relying solely on the evidence presented in this gospel (), it is also possible to reach the conclusion that each of Gabon’s contestants had, as a practical matter, a chance of becoming this Season’s Sole Survivor. And, having arrived at that conclusion, it is then possible to conclude (by glancing at that F1 column) that – with three Aries, three Virgo and two Libra still in the Game – a short list of possible winners that begins half-way down the column with Capricorn, skips Pisces, includes Cancer, excludes Sagittarius and ends with the inclusion of the Game’s lone Scorpio is … confusing. And that its author is … nuts.

However, not surprisingly, I assure you those conclusions would be … wrong.

And, she said while checking a clear sky for errant lightning bolts, in the next two posts I’ll tell (and show) you why.

Artists
Boscoe Holder
Keith Mallett

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Signs of Survival: Gabon Georjanna 10-09-08 1
 RE: Signs of Survival: Gabon Georjanna 10-09-08 2
 RE: Signs of Survival: Gabon Georjanna 10-09-08 3
   UPDATE Georjanna 10-22-08 8
 RE: EARTH Georjanna 10-09-08 4
 WATER Georjanna 10-09-08 5
 FIRE Georjanna 10-09-08 6
 AIR Georjanna 10-09-08 7
   * W*O*W*!!!! Scarlett O Hara 10-22-08 9
   RE: AIR Scarlett O Hara 10-29-08 11
 Georgianna - WOW!!!! Flowerpower 10-22-08 10
   Flowerpower and Scarlett .... Georjanna 11-08-08 12
       RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett .... Scarlett O Hara 11-22-08 13
           RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett .... Georjanna 11-22-08 14
               RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett .... Flowerpower 11-22-08 15
                   RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett .... Outfrontgirl 12-19-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-09-08, 06:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Signs of Survival: Gabon"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-08 AT 11:13 PM (EST)

THE SIDES AND SCHEMES

The Sun Signs are Astrology’s basic unit. But the Signs’ natives are also categorized by their membership in one of four social groups that are each composed of three Signs said to exhibit compatible innate traits and predictive behaviors. And each of the four groups is described by its members’ overarching characteristic and designated by their common dominant influence - Element: (Practical) Earth, (Emotional) Water, (Physical) Fire and (Intellectual) Air.

Note: The four Elements are tattooed around one of Ace’s ankles. And, if I didn’t know how futile the effort would be, that fact alone would prompt me to root for this Season’s most prominent ‘ character’.

In addition, the Earth and Water Signs are considered to be naturally complementary. As are the Fire and Air Signs. And where there are natural complements there are, of course, natural oppositions: the two – temperamental – Sides of any and every group dynamic. Stage that dynamic in a harsh and unfamiliar physical environment and impose upon it a series of externally-controlled inanities and crises and you have Survivor: A Study in Reversion to Type.

And that’s why, although they certainly don’t do justice to either the complex personalities of the contestants or to the exhaustive and amazingly accurate analyses of those personalities offered by professional Astrologers, the broad brush strokes of Sun Sign Profiling found here do, as I said at the beginning of the thread, work.

So, below is a look at a third gospel: a chart that tracks the performance of The Sides (Elements) through the latter stages of the first sixteen Seasons.

And here again there are more than a few – accurate – conclusions that can be drawn from the chart. Chief among them is the conclusion that, as a Side, the Fire and Air Signs are naturally better at the Game.

In fact, just how much better may surprise you.

But, here again, to conclude that the record dictates that the Fire and Air natives in Gabon had an edge in this Season’s contest would be … wrong.

And that is because, as you’re about to see, there is very little that is natural about Survivor’s casting Schemes.

But before we get to the next chart that, by now, you know is coming, I’ll attempt to explain two of its revelations:

1. Sun Sign divisions are roughly aligned with our calendar months. And the birth rates per month in the United States have been, for almost a century, relatively uniform. So, each of our two Sides (E&W, F&A) is representative of roughly ½ of the general population. Yet, only the four Seasons located at the top of the chart have been cast ‘straight-up’: 50% - 50%. And Fire and Air natives won three of the four.

Even more interesting, I think, is the fact that all three of those Fire and Air natives were women. Add the fact that a great many of Survivor’s most knowledgeable fans believe that a woman and an Air native (Twila – Libra) should have been the Sole Survivor of Vanuatu, and there is, I think, good cause to suggest that, without the expert manipulation of its contestant populations that is revealed in the remainder of chart, Survivor would have become a Game dominated by a handful of personality types (Aquarius, Aries, Leo and Libra) and one gender. And would, then, have disappeared from our television screens long ago.

2. The results of that manipulation (A second Scheme – flipped repetitively) are remarkably consistent. And useful. Because …

Whether or not there are Hidden Immunity Idols in the Game and whether or not they are played

Whether there are one, two, three, or four initial ‘tribes’

Whether there is, or is not, an Exile Island

Whether the show is filmed in Asia or Africa

Whether the contestants are, or are not, divided by race, sex, age or ‘experience’

Whether initial ‘tribal’ divisions and subsequent swaps and switches are decided by Pick ‘Ems, Place ‘Ems or Snatch ‘Ems

Whether the Season’s Challenges are bizarrely brutal or boringly benign

Whether the ‘twists’ imposed on the contestants during the course of the contest are few or many

Whether sixteen, eighteen, nineteen or twenty persons begin the Game

Whether there is an odd or even number of Jurors

Whether there is a Final Two or a Final Three

Whether or not the majority of the cast are recruits or just plain folks

And whether none, some or most of the cast are members of an ethnic minority …

The fact is that ten (83%) of the twelve Sole Survivors of the Seasons cast via Survivor’s prejudicial Scheme have been members of their Season’s dominant culture. Only Tina (Outback) and Yul (Cook Islands) have managed to beat the show’s producers at the Game within the Game.

Here then (with only one more to go) is a fourth gospel. You’ll find Gabon tucked between Thailand and Palau.

Conclusions that can be – with a very high degree of confidence – drawn from the information in this chart:

1. Crystal (Aries), Kelly (Aries), Randy (Aries), Ken (Libra), Marcus (Libra) nor Matty (Sagittarius) had the proverbial Snowball’s chance in Hades of becoming Gabon’s Sole Survivor.

2. Given the chart and attrition to date, this Season’s possible winners are pared to Ace (Virgo), Bob (Pisces), Charlie (Taurus), Corrine (Capricorn), Dan (Cancer), ‘GC’ (Cancer), Jacquie (Virgo), ‘Sugar’ (Pisces) and Susie (Scorpio).

3. The Earth and Water Signs will reach Final Ten with a seven-three majority. And that means that the next five boots will be three of the Fire and Air Signs and two of the Earth and Water natives.

4. The Earth and Water Signs will reach Final Four with a three-one majority and Final Three with a two-one majority. So, two Fire and Air Signs and four Earth and Water natives will leave the Game between F-10 and F-4. And then one of the three remaining Earth and Water Signs will be booted.

Note: The Chart ends at F-3 because some F-2 decisions were made via a Tribal Council vote and some via a Jury vote. And I really try not to mix apples and oranges.

Note: I haven’t found a common thread between Outback and Cook Islands that might tell me when another Tina or Yul is going to pop up, so at some point another minority winner may really play havoc with that ‘very high degree of confidence’. But, since there was a span of six prejudicially-cast Seasons between Outback and Cook Islands and that ominous milestone won’t be reached again until (at least) Survivor 20 …

In the next post you’ll meet the Superiors, Subordinates and Soloists. And they’ll explain why the – short – list at the beginning of this Season’s Signs … contains the names of only four of this Season’s Earth and Water natives.

Artists
Boscoe Holder
Keith Mallett
Leslie Clark

10-09-08, 06:24 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Signs of Survival: Gabon"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-08 AT 05:32 AM (EST)

THE STYLES

When I first began to think of Survivor vis-à-vis typecasting/personality profiling, I thought that it was most probable that the core of the show’s casting schemes would be the innate Styles (or natural roles) of the Signs: Superiors, Subordinates and Soloists. But although that prism is very helpful in analyzing tribal dynamics, it proved to be of little use in identifying casting patterns and forecasting results. With one exception: on the (then) two occasions that a Subordinate had won the Game (Thailand and Vanuatu), Subordinates and Soloists comprised 56% of the cast and Superiors 44%. And that composition had appeared in only one other Season: Pearl Islands. However, a Superior (Sandra – Leo) was that Season’s Sole Survivor.

So, I really hadn’t thought much more about that little tidbit until Micronesia (Subordinates and Soloists – 55%, Superiors – 45%) and Parvati (Subordinate – Virgo) made a believer of me. When you’re dealing with a data base that is only sixteen deep, three out of three is definitely a trend. And while Sandra’s win is evidence that a Subordinate may not always collect a million when that configuration appears, its presence sure puts them at the front of the line.

And its absence places them far, far - very far - to the rear.

Note: Categorizing the Signs by the three Styles (or Roles) specified or indicated by their individual Profiles is my own invention. The third categorization utilized by Astrology is Mode: Cardinal (Initiative) - Cancer, Capricorn, Aries and Libra - Fixed (Persistent) - Aquarius, Leo, Scorpio and Taurus - and
Mutable (Adaptive) - Gemini, Pisces, Virgo and Sagittarius.

Here, then, is a chart of the Styles’ performance through the latter portion of the Game. And I’m sure you’ll notice that the Subordinates more than hold their own until (in most Seasons) the end game does them in.

Conclusions:

Superiors and Soloists are much better at the Game than are Subordinates.

And, given that Gabon’s cast is 78% - Subordinates and Soloists and 22% - Superiors, we can, I think, eliminate the possiblility of a Subordinate winner and conclude that one of the Earth and Water Superiors – Corrine, Dan, 'GC' or Susie – is going to be its Sole Survivor.

The following post contains an illustration, not a chart. The contenders are highlighted.

Artists
Boscoe Holder
Leslie Clark

10-09-08, 06:28 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Signs of Survival: Gabon"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-08 AT 05:31 AM (EST)

This is an Earth and Water – dominant Season. And that means that it is a Superior and Subordinate – dominant Season. And that means that structure rules. And that means that it is as though the Fire and Air Signs were invited to a formal Midnight Supper for eighteen, but the invitations sent the six of them said “Potluck Dinner - Casual Dress”. The odds are that the six ‘different’ personalities might escape notice – and expulsion – while the majority of the guests competed for the best seats at the evening’s two tables (in fact, a couple of the more fleet-footed of them might, opportunistically, make it all the way to the head of a table), but the odds are also that the moment of inevitability would arrive.

And I’ll drop the strained analogy there and simply say that as the Earth and Water Signs organized themselves, the social minority – the Fire and Air Signs – had a brief advantage.

Here, then, are Kota and Fang as they were in the beginning. And two notes:

1a) Marcus is one of Gabon’s two Libra. Charlie is Gabon’s only Taurus. Corrine is Gabon’s only Capricorn. 1b)Terry was one of Exile Islands’ two Libra. Austin was Exile Islands’ only Taurus. Dan was Exile Islands’ only Capricorn. 1c)Ken is the other of Gabon’s Libra. 1d)Aras was the other of Exile Island’s Libra.

The all-important difference? Exile Island was a Fire and Air – dominant Season. Gabon isn’t.

2) Randy is an Aries with a Capricorn Moon. Richard Hatch is an Aries with a Capricorn Moon.

The all-important difference? Borneo was a Fire and Air – dominant Season. Gabon isn’t.

Below are the (combined) Sun and Moon Profiles of the Survivors who left the Game during its ‘organizational’ stage. They’re here because I think that they provide a glimpse of where the Game is going. And I hope that you’ll keep in mind as you read them that, as a practical matter, Michelle, Gillian and Paloma hadn't a chance of becoming this Season’s Sole Survivor. Not because of who they are. But because of when they were.

Michelle
Sun in Pisces/Moon in Taurus

Blending Pisces understanding, sensitivity and adaptability with the practicality and determination of Taurus, this combination of Signs is mutually strengthening. The pairing allows the coexistence of an easy-going nature and a stability and tenacity of will not often found in Pisces natives. Theirs is a highly social personality. So that they have a staying power and a control over impulsiveness that allows them to take things in stride and they usually appear to have a simple and efficient way of getting things done.

Sensitive, they have an acute empathy for the sensitivities of others – until they are opposed. And then these individuals can become very stubborn. In other words: Pisces/Taurus are easy to get along with. And they don't impose on people. But neither do they permit themselves to be imposed upon. They believe that even social debts must be kept even, and they don’t like to feel indebted to anyone.

Though much about them is quiet and reticent, these soft-spoken and gentle individuals have an innate firmness of character. And although they have little ambition, they do have a practical business acumen and an instinctive concern for others that is very beneficial to success in a wide range of endeavors: permitting them to seek security and solidity in the form of material possessions. Too, both signs are creatively imaginative and suited for a career in the arts.

But it is in committed relationships that the full range of these natives’ rich emotions is able to be expressed. Through their attachment to home and partner, they are able to acquire the sympathy, understanding, approval – and the belief of others in them – that are necessary to their fulfillment.

However, it is highly important to persons so receptive to the impressions of others that they cultivate self-determination in order to control their environment as effectively as they can.

Gillian
Sun in Pisces/Moon in Aries

Scattering their concentration and reserves of energy in an effort to assert their personality, these brisk, self-reliant individuals seem always to be in motion. And the result is a restlessness that wastes much of their efforts in unsettling haste.

This is an unusual combination of Signs in that it possesses a rare capacity for depth of feeling, imagination and vision while it also features assertiveness and immense self-determination. And it’s hard to strike a balance between a sense of inward peace and reactions that are quite impulsive – even aggressive. Their personalities a blend of the emotional sensitivity, adaptability and empathy of Pisces with the high spirit and fierce independence of Aries, they often seem a paradox. On the one hand they appear willful and assertive, yet they are easily swayed by outside influences. And continually drawn to new causes that they embrace with all-out enthusiasm, they too often lack the commitment to follow them through. So that their meditative, imitative nature – exaggerated by an ever-active fancy – is very often the cause of their personal undoing.

These individuals are, in the main, generous and kind-hearted. And innate within this combination there is a keen mental ability – two of their greatest strengths are their natural love of knowledge and their compulsion to always be well-informed – and a strong urge for personal advancement and fame (or, at least, recognition). And In many ways they do seem to be very assertive, competitive and determined. But, in fact, they are not really as positive and sure of themselves as you appear: there is a good bit of bluff in this personality. So, because of their inner unease, these natives can be difficult co-workers or associates. And being open to a variety of possibilities, they tend to lose sight of clear goals.

Too, despite the fact that they invest a great deal of romance in everything that they do, all of these tendencies often intrude upon their intimate relationships: their good intentions often buried by misunderstandings caused by their multifaceted nature.

So, it is extremely important for Pisces/Aries to attempt to avoid the extremes in their lives by cultivating self-control, moderation and the ability to approach problems – calmly.

Paloma
Sun in Virgo/Moon in Leo

These are persons of very high character, strong principles and a practical individuality. The pairing blends the intelligence, analytical insight and discrimination of Virgo with the vitality, confidence and authoritativeness of Leo to produce a very earnest – they respect every individual’s worth and expect others to recognize their sincerity – but contradictory personality.

Inwardly, they have the characteristics of prudence, common sense and devotion to duty. Naturally conscientious and clever, they are hard-working, foresighted persons who are fond of cleanliness and privacy. But, because of the influence of Leo, their outward personalities appear as ardent and assertive – even aggressive. And very preoccupied with their dignity and how they appear to others, even though the voice of their unconscious tells them that they should apply themselves to more down-to-earth matters, their assertive impulses often prompt them to become involved in activities that are not harmonious with their innate traits.

However, though there is much internal indecision in their natures, more often than not these whole- hearted and affectionate individuals do what they should rather than what they would. And appear happy, strong and playful as they do it.

So, apparently, they are.

Profiles
Astrodienst
Astrology ~ Numerology.com
Artist
Isabelle Del Piano

10-22-08, 06:04 AM (EST)
8. "UPDATE"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-08 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

Because the superficial characteristics of each Season are unique – including its number of quitters and medical evacuees – I’m always amazed at the constancy of casting scheme vis-à-vis result. And I don’t pretend to understand – beyond knowing that the show’s resident gypsies must be amazingly talented – how that’s so. With the aid of a Sun Sign Chart, a few online Astrology sites and a calculator, I just stuff each new Season’s cast-members into their neat little cubbyholes and add, subtract, multiply, divide and chart the numbers. And then watch that new Season’s numbers march into their appointed places with astonishing regularity.

But, because I’m convinced that the show’s casting wizards exercise so much more control over their product than I’ve been able to demonstrate, I also keep rearranging/regrouping those numbers in the hope that one day – two hours after a new cast’s birthdays appear at the CBS site – I’ll be able to post the Season’s boot list and the name of its Sole Survivor from the comfort of my – source-free – den.

However, I don’t for a moment honestly think that either I, or Survivor, will live that long.

So, in the meantime:

In Posts One and Two to this thread – The Sides and Schemes and The Styles – I published a series of graphics and offered a series of conclusions that could be – with a very high degree of confidence – drawn from them. Briefly, here are the two conclusions that can now be updated.

1. I said that the Earth and Water Signs would reach Final Ten with a seven-three majority.

With Jacquie’s (Earth – Virgo) and GC’s (Water – Cancer) departures
the number of Earth and Water Signs remaining in the Game was reduced to seven.
So, as a practical matter,

Bob (Water – Pisces), Charlie (Earth – Taurus), Corrine (Earth – Capricorn)
Dan (Water – Cancer) and Susie (Water- Scorpio)
currently at Kota

and

Ace (Earth – Virgo) and Sugar (Water – Pisces)
currently at Fang

will reach Final Ten

And three of

Marcus (Air – Libra) and Randy (Fire – Aries)
currently at Kota

and

Crystal (Fire – Aries), Kelly (Fire – Aries), Ken (Air – Libra) and Matty (Fire – Sagittarius)
currently at Fang

will not

2. I also said that the Casting Scheme utilized for Gabon indicated that we could – with a very high degree of confidence – conclude that either an Earth or a Water native would win the Game. And that the absence of the circumstance indicative of a Subordinate Sole Survivor made it possible to conclude that Gabon’s Subordinates could be stricken from the list of possible winners. Leaving a short list of Earth and Water Superiors: Corrine, Dan, GC and Susie.

GC’s boot shortens that list further:
to Corrine, Dan and Susie
currently at Kota

Now, to address impractical matters:

I am not a Sociologist, Psychologist, Astrologer, Soothsayer or – even mediocre - Spoiler. So, the fact that Michel and other skilled members of the Board are currently leaning toward a Marcus (Air – Libra) – or even a Randy (Fire – Aries) – win isn’t doing my ‘very high degree of confidence’ a whole lot of good.

As Yul and Tina have proven, an off-my-charts Sole Survivor is a possibility.

And the truth is that I’ve almost talked myself into believing that Randy just might be Gabon’s winner. And I suppose that I’ll have to begin to consider that a practical possibility if Johnson’s urn arrives for a family visit. However, I will really be ticked if we find out at the Reunion that Johnson’s urn was as empty as Jon’s grandmother’s grave.

But the fact that there is also some speculation that Ace or Sugar is our next boot isn’t quite so disquieting. A six – four split of Gabon’s E&W and F&A contingents at Final Ten would still be within the Season’s casting norms. And therefore not impractical. However, it would be damned inconvenient.

Note: I’ve updated the preceding post to include a brief look back at the Season’s organizational stage at Kota and Fang. I hope you’ll drop by with your comments.

Artist
T. C. Chiu

10-09-08, 06:32 AM (EST)
4. "RE: EARTH"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-08 AT 10:02 PM (EST)

The ‘Practical’ Earth Signs are grounded and dependable. All of the earthy metaphors are appropriate here: ‘Salt of the earth’, ‘Feet firmly planted on the ground’, ‘Solid as a rock’, etc. Often referred to as the ‘builders’ of the Zodiac, creativity is a tangible proposition to these natives and they feel best once they have accumulated a goodly number of worldly possessions.

The Element of Earth also confers a sense of duty, responsibility and reliability to those in its sphere. These are the people you can count on to ‘be there’ when you need them. Tending toward caution and conservatism in desire and approach, their logical minds and measured responses display an innate recuperative capacity: much preferring a sure thing, these folks do not take big risks. That said, however, certainly in that they appreciate a good meal, congenial company and fine wine better than anyone else, they are also sensualists.

On the flip side:

Earth Signs can become so caught up in their objectives that they overlook the feelings and opinions of others. It is a big picture, after all, but these natives may be more concerned with the finish line than with the journey they are taking. And the ever-present risk inherent in their acquisitive nature is that they may become greedy and far too materialistic.

Positive Traits
Modest and Shy
Meticulous and Reliable
Practical and Diligent
Intelligent and Analytical
Negative Traits
Fussy and a Worrier
Overcritical and Harsh
Perfectionist and Conservative

The Virgo Personality

Virgo is the only sun sign represented by a female and it is sometimes thought of as a delicate young girl and sometimes as an intelligent, but rather pedantic and spinsterish, older woman. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgo’s precision, refinement, fastidiousness, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient and practical.

Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity and in their unassuming, cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well spoken, wise and witty. But while in many respects Virgo are the epitome of social grace and propriety, their sterling etiquette is more apt to be scripted than spontaneous: the result of careful thought and hours of mental practice.

Intellectually, Virgo is enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. Thoroughness, hard work and conscientiousness are their hallmarks. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues. And, because of their ability to see every angle of a multi-faceted problem, they are as unhappy with abstract theories as they are with intractable philosophies: placing no confidence in either.

Moreover, for as much as his intellect aids analysis, it also abets the Virgo’s compulsion to criticize. Nothing escapes these perfectionists’ eyes. And in their scrutiny of incongruities, these natives leave no stone … nor anyone … unexamined: as critical, and unforgiving, of themselves as they are of others. So that they may bring the art of self-concealment to a high pitch (hiding their apprehensions about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under the mantle of an undemonstrative clinician) with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and are careful to keep those they do make superficial.

Given their qualities, Virgo are much more effective in subordinate rather than leadership positions. Responsibility irks them and they often lack the breadth of strategic vision that leadership requires. They are essentially tacticians and excel at the attainment of limited objectives: needing the stimuli of immediacy and prestige attendant to specialization.

Positive Traits
Practical and Prudent
Ambitious and Disciplined
Patient and Careful
Humorous and Reserved.
Negative Traits
Pessimistic and Fatalistic
Miserly and Grudging
Conventional and Rigid
Demanding and Unsympathetic

The Capricorn Personality

Capricorn is one of the most stable and serious of the Zodiac types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong-willed and calm. They are the major finishers of most projects begun by the 'pioneering' signs.

But, while they have a great respect for authority, they may not be willing to listen to the opinions and suggestions of others. And as the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self- disciplined as they themselves are and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard. They are often humorless. There is also a tendency to pessimism and melancholy that many Capricorn are unable to keep to themselves: especially if they fail personally.

And mood swings are not the only reason Capricorn deserve the adjective based on their name - capricious. They can be surprisingly and suddenly witty and subtle for the quiet, reserved individuals they seem to be. But they also have a tendency to ruin things by unexpected and utterly irresponsible bouts of flippancy.

Additionally, Capricorn are very status-minded. Even if their immediate finances don't permit an extravagant lifestyle, the January-born can unconsciously adopt the mores, attitudes and mannerisms of the elite. The trappings of success are important to these natives not only for personal pleasure but also for the impression they can make on others.

Positive Traits
Patient and Reliable
Warmhearted and Loving
Persistent and Determined
Placid and Security-seeking

Negative Traits
Jealous and Possessive
Resentful and Inflexible
Self-indulgent and Greedy

The Taurus Personality

This Sign’s characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive Taurus, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative and law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace (possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie). They will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo.

So, on rare occasions a Taurus may be an obstinately and exasperatingly self-righteous, unoriginal, rigid, ultraconservative, argumentative and querulous boor: stuck in a self-centered rut. And, whether their characters are positive or negative, they need someone to stroke their egos with a frequent, "Well Done!" Luckily, Taurus has a knack for attracting praise. It is amazing how people will bend over backwards to please them.

They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection. But they rarely establish intimacies outside their social rank (to which they are ordinarily excessively loyal). And in the main, they are gentle, even-tempered, good-natured, modest and slow to anger. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent, uncontrolled outbursts. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun.

Taurus has a strong aesthetic taste. And allied to his appreciation of all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life: pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine.

Moreover, these natives don’t like to be pushed around by what they consider flights of fancy. Changes in their surroundings or routines disturb their equilibrium. And if the change is too abrupt or fundamental to his comfort, the shock may be too much for the Bull. He may actually become physically ill.

In their work, Taurus are industrious and ambitious: unafraid of getting their hands dirty and at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility where there is little need of urgency, little risk of change and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and are also often founders of enterprises where the fruits are of their own labors.

Artists
Joseph Morgan
T. C. Chiu

10-09-08, 06:36 AM (EST)
5. "WATER"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-08 AT 07:54 AM (EST)

The ‘Emotional’ Water Signs are intuitive, sensitive and empathetic. How things feel is what matters to these nurturers and they base their actions on sense, rather than on logic or intellect. The receptive talents of these individuals are remarkably high. Compassionate and understanding, Water Sign natives are extraordinarily adept at assimilating the feelings of others, processing them and offering plans or solutions that will usually be considerate of all.

Water natives often translate their sense of the world artistically. They covet aesthetic beauty -- and for everyone to be happy as a result of it. Much like still water can become stagnant, however, inactive Water Sign natives are not at their best. They feel most fulfilled when they are helping others, and they usually do so in enchanting ways.

Seeing things more clearly than others, and feeling them more acutely than do the natives of other Signs, they are frequently referred to as ‘psychic’.

The flip side of this fluid Element is the tendency of these individuals to brood. Susceptible to mood swings, at their worst they can become self-indulgent, controlling and hostage to a fantasy world.

Positive Traits
Emotional and Loving
Intuitive and Imaginative
Shrewd and Cautious
Protective and Sympathetic

Negative Traits
Changeable and Moody
Overly-emotional and Touchy
Clinging and Possessive

The Cancer Personality

Cancer’s emotions are as changeable as the Moon itself, waxing and waning with the prevailing emotional atmosphere around them. In fact, the Cancer temperament is a veritable kaleidoscope of ever-changing emotion. During the course of a conversation, you may notice – passing fleetingly across the faces of July-born – scores of distinctively different emotions. No one ever repeated or expressed in exactly the same way. Quite simply, Cancer exude emotion. No other Sign has so pervasive an emotional aura as to either lift your spirits to ecstatic heights or to fill you with clouds of gloom, depending upon his mood.

'Home is where the heart is,' and this idiom has no greater ring of truth than when describing how the Cancer feels about his abode. Home is where he dreams, lives, plays and loves. And it is the only place he feels secure.

Cancer is never truly happy unless they have someone or something to care for and their innate understanding of human emotion allows them to see through the pretenses of other signs and lend encouragement, support or sympathy when needed. There is a strong maternal instinct in both sexes and it is amazing to discover how many July-born have acquired the appendage – ‘good ol'– to their names.

These natives love to dream of far-away places and times past and will talk about historical events as if they were actually there. Most Cancer have a special reverence for the past, and if you ask them to tell you whom of all people they admire most, they'll most often rattle off the names of several prominent historical figures.

But there is a private, reclusive part to every Cancer. Because of their extreme emotional sensitivity, they fear ridicule and would rather retreat than defend themselves. And there is always lurking in the background of their personalities a foreboding of disaster. As if from some hidden cue, the Crab can suddenly retreat into the watery burrows of his inner consciousness and not be seen for days. Try and question him about his absence and he'll probably not know what you're talking about.

However, if Cancer can reconcile the personal conflict of their urge to be outgoing with the reserve that causes them to withdraw into themselves, then at best they can inspire a generation, especially the youthful part of it, by their idealism. They also have a penchant for trade or business and are often successful as a captain of industry. This is because they are excellent organizers with a good sense of value and economy that they may combine with a flair for invention and originality.

Positive Traits
Determined and Forceful
Emotional and Intuitive
Powerful and Passionate
Exciting and Magnetic

Negative Traits
Jealous and Resentful
Compulsive and Obsessive
Secretive and Obstinate

The Scorpio Personality

Scorpio are the most intense, profound and powerful characters in the Zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic intensity and often strangely hypnotic quality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure. Even when they appear self-controlled and calm there is a seething intensity of emotional energy under the placid exterior.

In conventional social gatherings they are pleasant to be with, thoughtful in conversation, dignified, and reserved, yet affable and courteous. And in their everyday behavior they give the appearance of being withdrawn from the center of activity. Yet those who know them will recognize the ever-probing, ever-evaluating observation that is an integral component of their character.

Scorpio are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions. And that sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes, make them easily hurt: quick to detect or imagine insult or injury to themselves and easily aroused to ferocious anger. And because they relate to their fellows only as leaders, they can be blunt to those they dislike to the point of cruelty.

Fortunate that their strong reasoning powers are tempered with imagination and intuition and that these gifts are usually accompanied by critical perception and analytical capacity, Scorpio often find fulfillment in the ice-cold self-control and detachment of the surgeon or soldier and the concentration of the research scientist. And any profession in which investigation and analysis are relevant may attract these charismatic "twice-born" characters. They may also become masters of the written and spoken word. This sun sign includes among its natives more geniuses than does any other.

At the other extreme is the procrastinator: the man or woman who is capable of so much that they do nothing and become indolent and self-indulgent: requiring extravagant praise and flattery from those whom they make their cronies.

Positive Traits
Imaginative and Sensitive
Compassionate and Kind
Selfless and Unworldly
Intuitive and Sympathetic

Negative Traits
Escapist and Idealistic
Secretive and Vague
Weak-willed and Gullible

The Pisces Personality

Pisceans are deservedly popular with all kinds of people in part because their easygoing, affectionate, malleable and submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters. But they will not be able to maintain for very long friendships or associations with those who are too materialistic.

And because their natures are often too otherworldly for practical purposes (they tend to exist emotionally rather than rationally and instinctively rather than intellectually), the nine-to-five life is not easy for them.

The challenge to Pisces natives, then, is to somehow integrate their affinity with the more subtle planes into constructive working relationships. Fortunately, Pisceans are usually versatile and intuitive; quickly master new skills; observe and listen well; and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres. And all these factors can combine to produce remarkable creativity in literature, music and art.

Similarly, in medicine and social work, Pisceans find an outlet for their compassion and mercy while their professional statures curb the likelihood of their being taken advantage of. And, if they're typical March-born, they are not elitists: saint, sinner, murderer, thief, liar, rich or poor - deserving or undeserving - the Piscean instinctively recognizes the worth of the individual and can overlook the apparent causes of their circumstances.

However, they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Most would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis.

Artist
Keith Mallett

10-09-08, 06:40 AM (EST)
6. "FIRE"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-08 AT 10:05 PM (EST)

The ‘Physical’ Fire Signs are, as one would expect, fiery, indeed. They are enthusiastic and sometimes larger than life.

A Fire Sign is also an indicator of creativity. This Element manifests itself in unique ways, and those in its glow are usually wonderfully courageous, lively spirits: self-sufficient, spontaneous and possessing a tremendous zest for life. Strong, self-assured and fun, they are often an inspiration to others, certainly for their adherence to solid moral and religious ideals.

If there's a flip side to the Element, it can be that these Fire natives will be overly strident in getting their way. Call it bossy, even. These folks can come across rather forcefully.

Selfishness and an overdeveloped ego can also be seen as part of a fiery individual's shadowy side.

Positive Traits
Adventurous and Energetic
Pioneering and Courageous
Enthusiastic and Confident
Dynamic and Quick-witted

Negative Traits
Selfish and Quick-tempered
Impulsive and Impatient
Foolhardy and Daredevil

The Aries Personality

Adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy, Aries is a trailblazer: open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. These individuals welcome opposition and will not be diverted from their purposes except by their own impatience or boredom. The childlike enthusiasm of these entrepreneurs and revolutionaries is infectious, and their ability to rouse others' interest in a project or cause is unparalleled. But the Mars-ruled are initiators -- not perpetuators.

Because their approach to life is somewhat simplistic, what Aries can accomplish without a lot of distracting nuances and complexities to slow him down is staggering. Don't, however, put them in a position where they'll have to deal with complicated emotions or with a problem requiring delicate handling or subtlety. They're simply not equipped for it.

And, much concerned with personal advancement and physical satisfaction (self-reliant but also self-centered), Aries do not work well under authority unless they, too, have subordinates. In fact, they may be too self-sufficient and proud to acknowledge they have a boss and often take matters into their own hands (disregarding authority absolutely). Ask an Aries how many times he's been fired, and he'll probably tell you more than once.

In personal relationships Aries are frank, direct and candid: gregarious and generous friends. However, their immense energy can also make them aggressive and restless, argumentative, headstrong, quick-tempered and easily offended: of all the zodiac’s natives, an Aries will most readily haul off and punch a nose.

And while an Aries is not the least bit calculating (in most instances, he'll simply tell it like it is before he's had a chance to think about the consequences), he does crave admiration and praise. So that while he won’t usually lie (in contradiction of his straightforward nature), he'll often exaggerate the truth in his own favor or simply in order to stamp it with his individuality.

Intellectually, Aries are quick-witted, usually objective, and inspirationally optimistic: irreplaceable champions of lost causes and last-ditch stands. But they can also become extremists: foolhardy and dogmatic zealots whose enormous talents and vibrant personalities become a hindrance (if not a threat) to the welfare of the society in which they move.

Positive Traits
Generous and Warmhearted
Creative and Enthusiastic
Broadminded and Expansive
Faithful and Loving

Negative Traits
Pompous and Patronizing
Bossy and Interfering
Dogmatic and Intolerant

The Leo Personality

It is a Leo’s birthright to lead, and they'll naturally assume center stage without being asked. However, if that authority is questioned, they may abandon a project entirely. Outgoing, spontaneously warm-hearted and plain-spoken (but poor judges of character), Leo are more disillusioned than the average if let down by those they trust.

And, since Leo simply can't function if they're not in a position to lead, they'll brood until that status has been reinstated. However, even after they discover that they've been duped or abandoned, most Leos are too big about it to retaliate. Because they are incapable of actions that are in any way mean, base or underhanded, they have difficulty in recognizing those traits in others. In activities where these lower qualities are essential for success, the majority of Leo tend not to succeed.

And because they see a project in its grandest perspective, Leo natives have a disdain for details: their chief attribute in any group situation is the unique capacity for the overall manipulation of resources to produce a desired result. So it is not surprising that more wealth is found under Leo than under any other sun sign.

On the whole they are powers for good, for they are strongly idealistic, humane, and beneficent. They have powerful intelligence and are of a broad philosophical, sometimes religious, turn of mind. Those who are devout may be very obstinate in upholding traditional beliefs and will cling tenaciously, but with complete sincerity, to practices and doctrines that liberal thinkers regard as absurdly out-of-date.

However, a Leo’s faults can be as large in scale as are his virtues, and an excessively negative Leo can be a very unpleasant human being. These Leos will not hesitate to use cunning, lies and trickery to discredit their adversaries. Narcissism, greed for flattery, bombast, pomposity and snobbish superiority can also be characteristic of Leo.

Positive Traits
Optimistic and Freedom-loving
Jovial and Good-humored
Honest and Straightforward
Intellectual and Philosophical

Negative Traits
Blindly-optimistic and Careless
Irresponsible and Superficial
Tactless and Restless

The Sagittarius Personality

Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life and are full of enterprise, energy, versatility and adventure: eager to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They delight in travel and exploration: the Sagittarian is genuinely intrigued by foreign cultures. And when their finances preclude traipsing the globe, undeterred Sagittarians travel in their minds.

Ambitious and optimistic (even when their hopes are dashed), their strongly idealistic natures are able to withstand disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere (with a passion for justice). They are usually on the side of the underdog and are prepared to be rebellious.

Non-conformists, Sagittarians hate being bound to rigid social confines or pigeonholed into strict routines that don't give them plenty of breathing room. Even more than physical restrictions, they'll loathe mental confinement. Sagittarians have both profound and broad minds: equipped with foresight, good judgment and keen intuition. As a result, they are often fascinating conversationalists and correspondents. Think Mark Twain. Think Sagittarius.

And in a curious twist of fate, Sagittarians, who are often accused of clumsiness, are also credited with extraordinary grace and coordination when engaged in purposeful physical activity: most particularly sports and dance. In everyday activities, however, the Sagittarian can be surprisingly less dignified. Though the December-born athlete may break the record for high jump, he'll stumble over his shoelaces walking onto the field. Yet these contradictory characteristics somehow find a happy coexistence in the Sagittarian personality.

These natives are much more adept at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues whose talents compliment, rather than compete with, their own. And Sagittarians can sometimes be exacting, domineering and inconsiderate in the work place: scorning the inadequacies of others while expecting fulsome recognition of their own skills and effort.

Moreover, they can be (and frequently are) impulsively angry. And, when angry, both male and female Sagittarians can be vicious: employing with precision those words or actions that will most severely wound their adversary. On the other hand, they are magnanimous in forgiving offenses and quick to make amends for their own intemperance.

And, more apt then the average to make an uncongenial alliance, their innate restlessness (which, if excessive, often jeopardizes more than their own stability) will often compel them to use even the most satisfying ménage as a base from which to … depart.

Artist
Marso

10-09-08, 06:46 AM (EST)
7. "AIR"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-08 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

Critical thinkers who handle abstract reasoning well, the ‘Intellectual’ Air Signs love to analyze, synthesize and probe. Have a dilemma? Hand it over to an Air Sign and watch them go to work.

Air natives are also exceptionally communicative. These individuals want to get the word out and it isn’t likely to be fluff. They are alert, curious and perceptive. And the world as seen by an Air Sign will be an interesting one – as their analysis and subsequent explanation (hopefully in terms we can understand) will indicate.

Moreover, the Element usually manifests itself in a most humane way: objective, cooperative, unprejudiced (and often highly idealistic), most actually do ‘want to help make a better world’.

However, these inventive and clever individuals will insist upon considering all sides of an equation before they decide on a course of action. Balance is of paramount importance to them. So that while Air natives are usually calm and collected, they can – and frequently do – turn bitterly cold if their equilibrium is upset.

A word to the wise: there's little upside to baiting an Air Sign!

Positive Traits
Diplomatic and Urbane
Romantic and Charming
Easy-going and Sociable
Idealistic and Peaceable

Negative Traits
Indecisive and Changeable
Gullible and Easily-influenced
Flirtatious and Self-indulgent

The Libra Personality

Libra is ruled by the planet Venus and symbolized by Scales of Balance. Similarly, the natives of the Sign are the very personification of refinement and affection, endearing you with their genteel manner and melting your heart with their ingratiating smiles. But don't let all that sugar and spice fool you: the October-born can be as quarrelsome, as irritable and as intractable as any sign in the Zodiac, and then some.

Libra is the sign of balance, and just as a set of scales will teeter back and forth before achieving a new balance, Libra will vacillate to and fro between extremes: mental, emotional or physical. When the Libra does make a decision, however, you can probably bank on its integrity. The polar opposite of subjective Aries, the Libra is quite capable of objective judgment: irrespective of his own tastes, mores, philosophies or preferences. Perhaps this is why there are more judges born under Libra than under any other Sun Sign and why the Scales have come to represent our system of justice.

These are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity. And they detest overt conflict. So they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them. Their ideal for their own circle (and for society as a whole) is unity. And their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual.

However, once they have reached a conclusion they will not tolerate a divergent opinion: among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. Moreover, the negative Libra character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia and inappropriately docile: yet Libra can shock everyone around them with sudden, and inexplicable, storms of rage.

The Libra flair for tact and diplomacy is unparalleled in the Zodiac. And in business and diplomatic relations, the Libra is able (far more often than not) to accomplish what he desires without destroying relationships that could be valuable to him in the future. But the ease with which they pursue any argument can sometimes make you wonder where the Libra really stands. Nothing irritates these natives' harmonizing intellect more than one-dimensional thinking. So, if they think your line of reasoning is too pat or simplistic, they'll purposely take the opposing view.

And while 'Lazy Libra' is a common phrase, those who would casually ascribe laziness to the October-born have never seen them in their more productive moods. Once they have committed themselves to a goal, Libra can become powerhouses: using their well-ordered intellects to accomplish in leaps and bounds tasks that might encumber other signs.

The trouble is that in planning any endeavor, they can get so lost in the endless labyrinth of strategies, factors and options which have to be weighed and evaluated by their logical minds that their procrastination can give you the best portrayal of laziness you've ever seen. they will yawn, stretch, and then lie down (as if exhausted): all with such convincing lassitude that it can make you tired just watching them.

Positive Traits
Friendly and Humanitarian
Honest and Loyal
Original and Inventive
Independent and Intellectual

Negative Traits
Intractable and Contrary
Perverse and Unpredictable
Unemotional and Detached

The Aquarius Personality

Noted for their altruistic and progressive natures, Aquarius possess strong-willed, forceful and attractive personalities that present themselves as one or the other of two core types: the first shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the second exuberant, lively and exhibitionist.

Both types are humane, frank, serious-minded, genial, refined and often ethereal and idealistic (though this last quality is tempered with a sensible practicality). And both – because Aquarius also possess an innate appreciation of diversity and a sustaining confidence in their own convictions – are extremely tolerant of the behaviors and opinions of others.

There is, however, a bit of rebellion in every visionary Aquarius. Quick, active and persevering (usually interacting with others with reason, moderation and good humor), the native’s distain for the status quo – unlike the social activism of Sagittarius or the overt revolt of Aries – is most usually held in check by a quiet optimism: that things, given time and patient crusade, will improve. Rather, his more subtle rebellion most usually manifests itself in unconventional dress or grooming, erratic behaviors and wry (devastating) sarcasm.

Moreover, despite the magnetic, forthcoming and open personality of the extrovert Aquarius and the humanistic traits of both types, neither makes friends readily. They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted condescending and cold. Even in the intimate companionship that they instinctively seek, they are fiercely independent. They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms.

But once they decide that another is worthy of their friendship, Aquarius are tenacious and extraordinarily loyal compatriots. However, if they are deceived their anger is terrible. And if disillusioned (usually because their own idealism causes them to demand more of others than is reasonable) Aquarius do not forgive.

Aquarius works most effectively within a group environment: provided that they are recognized as having a leading role in the project. They have a feeling of unity with nature and a desire for knowledge and truth that makes them admirable scientists: most especially astronomers and natural historians.

They also excel in photography and all things technical and are often gifted in the performing arts: their talent for mimicry and parody serves them well as character actors or comedians. Their avant-garde tendencies are often expressed in writing (most usually poetry), public service broadcasting and musical innovation. And their altruism may find its voice in welfare fields or education.

Positive Traits
Adaptable and Versatile
Communicative and Witty
Intellectual and Eloquent
Youthful and Lively

Negative Traits
Nervous and Tense
Superficial and Inconsistent
Cunning and Inquisitive

The Gemini Personality

Gemini, the sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. To them, life is a game that must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment and free of labor and routine.

Their good qualities are attractive and come easily to them. They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts. And in social situations, even at their worst they are never dull - there is usually playfulness below the surface and they can be exhilarating conversationalists.

But, like chameleons, they reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way.

Gemini have a keen and intuitive intelligence. They love cerebral challenges and their mental agility and energy give them a voracious appetite for knowledge (though they dislike the labor of learning). So that, although their intellect is strongly analytical and sometimes gives them so great an ability to see both sides of a question that they vacillate and find it hard to make decisions, their cleverness and ingenuity may also very well be used to control and unify the duality of their natures into a most efficient unit. If faced with difficulties, they have little determination to worry at a problem until they find a solution - they will pick the brains of others.

Any work that combines quick-wittedness with a change of surroundings suits Gemini. They are often skilled manipulators of language and are usually very successful diplomats, academics, authors, poets, journalists and lawyers (albeit they are more brilliant than profound and more interested in theory than in practice). And any and every sales venue is, of course, sweet home to them.

Artist
Keith Mallett

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-22-08, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "* W*O*W*!!!!"
This is stunning work here, Georjanna!!! Truly magnificent! We are so blessed to have you share this with us. Thank you! Fascinating and beautiful!

10-29-08, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: AIR"
Bumping. This stuff is too amazing to let it slip away!!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-08, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Georgianna - WOW!!!!"
Georgianna: You just knock me out! I haven't begun to sink my teeth into this yet, but I CAN NOT WAIT to do so! All I can say is that you are a very very talented and facinating woman, and I sure am happy that you choose to grace our boards and continue to put your 50Cents worth in!

I appreciate everything you do here and THANK-YOU! Can't wait to read it all!

Patty/fp

YOU ROCK!!!!THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!!!!!!

11-08-08, 02:13 AM (EST)
12. "Flowerpower and Scarlett ...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-08 AT 02:30 AM (EST)

I'm really enjoying Gabon and the renewed liveliness of the Board. It's great, isn't it!

So, I hope that you, and all of the Board's faithful stewards, are every bit as proud of the result of your skillful and unselfish efforts as you deserve to be.

To borrow from the Season's theme: you've tended your Garden well.

Bravo!

The last three weeks have been really busy for me, but it looks as though I'm finally going to have the time to get caught up by updating Signs ... and by adding a look ahead that I think may be helpful in answering the terrifically talented B1's question: 'Who are these people' ...?

And you should be able to find all of that up above, shortly.

However, my first priority is to thank you both for your extraordinary, and very appreciated, kindnesses here - and in your SOTS. I now have two easels on my desk, Flowerpower. And I check daily to see if 'my' scroll is still working. Seriously.

And thank you so much, Scarlett, for bumping the thread. It had just crossed over the line into '2' when I found it early this morning. So, ever the optimist, I'm also hoping that a few others will let us know that they've found it too.

Notes: When you read Matty's combined Sun and Moon Profile, Scarlett, I think that you'll recognize it: remember Andria ‘Dre’ Herd?

And I hope that both of you like Susie just a little. Because, unless it's effectively disguised in the Game's initial stages, that powerful and elusive - and within the Game, immediately unnerving - Scorpio personality more often than not becomes an immediate target. So, Susie is, I think, far more brilliant (as you Scorpio tend to be) than crazy. And Dolly-ed though she risked being, I also hope that she'll never be mistaken for a Taurus (Denise) again. The Heavens (or, at least, their Taurus and Scorpio neighborhoods) shudder ...

Too, the Short List with which I began the thread this Season has now been reduced to two names: Corrine's and Susie's. And although Michel has been able to choose Corrine as Gabon's Sole Survivor, remembering Ethan (Scorpio/Africa), I think that I'm just going to curl up with my (cozier than last week's) numbers and wait to see if the Capricorn is up to the challenge.

Besides, I have a small stake in the outcome: Susie has a Sagittarius Moon. Of course, that unfortunate fact alone very probably makes Corrine a shoo-in for the million.

G

Artist
Michel Rauscher

11-22-08, 09:46 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett ...."
Now that the end game is near, I thought it would be very refreshing, and FUN, to save this thread from the Survivor Blows abyss and take another look at our Georjanna's SIGNS OF SURVIVAL thread.

Two names that we have heard over and over again are Susie the Scorpio and Corrine the Capricorn.

Based on my words Here, I am predicting that Susie and Corrine will indeed make the Final 3. Georjanna and I are in harmony. Also, thank you G for your kind words!

Burned by tribe

11-22-08, 11:40 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett ...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-08 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

Hello!

That's me. Always in one darned abyss or another ...

But I do have the update of Signs that I promised above almost ready to post. And, for once, luck is with me: the Recap Episode is the perfect time to review the dynamics of Kota and Fang (in all of their configurations) and to take a much closer look at the Final Ten
(Jurors and Players alike).

To let an expert (or, at least, he should be) make the central - bread and butter - point of the thread for me:

This is why we are still on the air and why I still love hosting Survivor after 17 seasons. Human nature. It is nearly impossible to hide our true selves, especially in times of conflict ~
Jeff Probst - Scorpio

Too, I'll post a fresh look at the 'numbers'. This Season's casting/boot pattern has turned out to be as unusual, fun - and scary - as its editing one. And that's why I was really glad (Shoot! I was tickled to death!) to see another expert's reassuring post this morning. And why I'm following VS's thread with even more than my customary avid interest.

Thank you so much. Again.

Gabon was, at its casting, Corrine's to lose and Susie's, Dan's or GC's to win. And, of the two remaining, I think that Susie - because her challenge was much greater - has played a much more skillful Game. I would love to see both in the Final Three (and in front of the Jury).

Now, if Tina and Yul will just stop whispering in my ear ...

G

ETA: I think that if Corrine is still in the Game at F3 it will be a Final Three. And that if she is on the Jury, it will be a Final Two. There is something about this Season that Jeff Probst doesn't like. And I think that it may be its winner.

Artist
Michel Rauscher

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-08, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett ...."
Hi Georgianna, I can not wait for your update of Signs. It will be downright intriguing at this point in the game! So, much of what we, the viewers, see is edited, and so much is hidden. Alot of what we see of the characters is really from the vantage point of the other survivors. When you take it this way, Susie has been a wise one. While she was "chosen" by Crystal, she managed, I thought, as Matty did, to avert the negative drama over at Fang. Just prior to the swap, she had aligned with Randy, Matty, and Dan....with the swap she employed a viable strategy, keep your nose clean and work hard. Yet, she did commit a grave error, imo, by telling Corrine that she would have voted for her, and then arguing against Corrine at TC. But, Susie has perservered and outlasted many of the power players and now seems to be once again aligning with Matty, from the secret scene. So, it could be very interesting to see their conflict resolve in the very end. Corrine or Susie...?

It has been a GREAT season though, filled with lots of unpredictable courses and that has indeed been extremely refreshing. I did, however, think that Jeff Probst made a statement regarding the end of the season and how it would be one that most would be happy with. Regardless, if he didn't like this season, they certainly knew to avoid what happened with Fiji...I think the producers have done a great job and they have brought back intrigue and mystery, they present viable alternatives with their promos, and I love it!

Looking forward to the update, thanks so much!

Fp

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-08, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Flowerpower and Scarlett ...."
BUMP!
I want an end analysis!
Georjanna, the elements surely did come into play this season.

A Final 3 of all water, 2 Pisces and a Scorpio, Pisces one.
Final 4 of Sagittarius means that the F4 were 3 Mutable and one Fixed.

Mutability, for me, accounts for all the swirling allegiances. Who was really leading this horse? Sugar? Only sort of ...

It started out with Cardinal Signs running the show, Marcus, Corinne, Randy on one side, all Cardinal.

Crystal, GC, Kenny, Dan, more cardinal signs, and of course Randy another one when on Fang. All these strong wills and potential leaders. They offed each other, then Crystal and Kenny were the only ones left, and their "bullying" ways did them in.

Leaving the followers and the floaters to take the game home ...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •