The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Andria 'Dre' Herd"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-16-07, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Andria 'Dre' Herd"
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-07 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

Upon opening up my local newspaper this morning, I stumbled upon an article on Andria 'Dre' Herd - the "NC" man who will be in this season's Survivor. From the The Wilmington Star News:

Andria 'Dre' Herd, 25, has 'overcome
a lot in his life, so that will really help,"
says one friend of the 'Survivor' contestant."

Port City man to compete on latest ‘Survivor’ season

By Amy Hotz
Staff Writer

Does living on the streets of Wilmington make someone tough enough to win at Survivor? The world will find out when Survivor:Figi, the 14th season of the CBS reality TV series, premieres February 8.

One of the 19 contestants is 25-year-old Wilmington cheerleading coach Andria “Dre” Herd. Contestants aren’t allowed to talk to the media until after they are voted off or win, but the CBS Web site interviews reveal a man who is already proud of surviving – in the real world.

“I got into high school; I got into college myself; I did all that stuff myself without nobody telling me how,” Herd said in a videotaped interview.

Herd said he grew up in Wilmington public housing, at times sleeping on the streets and eating in soup kitchens. In high school, he excelled in sports, particularly cheerleading, then went on to earn an associate’s degree from Cape Fear Community College.

Now, Herd teaches cheerleading for the Universal Cheerleaders Association, which provides training for college and high school cheerleaders through summer camps and clinics.

“He’s definitely got a unique sense about himself,” said UCA regional manager Ransome Harper. She’s worked with Herd for the past several summers traveling the Southeast, teaching cheerleading to students.

“Everybody loves him; he’s got a great personality … He’s overcome a lot in his life, so that will really help.”

Family is important to Herd. He has two sons, Giovanni, 2, and Luca, 1 month. And he’s training at his brother’s gym to become a boxer. Contacted at home, one of Herd’s brothers, Adrian, declined comment.

Herd will be up against a variety of other contestants who have doctorates, martial arts experience or years in the military.

But he’s not afraid, and he’s got plenty of strategy.

“I always heard people say, ‘The difference between a smart man and a dummy is a smart man know where to find the answers at,’” he said in the video. “I didn’t come here to make friends, but you got to make at least five to win the million dollars … so I’ll make five, six if I’m lucky.”

“I would never say tht I’m better than somebody, but in this game, I am better than them.”

Thought I'd add a footnote to this article. Wilmington is a coastal town located in the Cape Fear region of southeastern North Carolina. It is nestled between Wrightsville Beach and the Atlantic Ocean on the east and the Cape Fear River to the West. When Dre grew up here, Interstate 40 did not yet connect it to the rest of the US, therefore, it remained on the smaller side at around 60,000. It has only really exploded in growth during the past 10 years. There were three high schools back then - one of which was Laney HS -- Michael Jordan's alma mater. Dre most likely attended Hanover High School which is closer to the down town/historic district. Please keep in mind, that this kid most likely was never homeless and that our downtown can not be compared to a large city's inner city -- you might say that it is a little "kinder and gentler." That is not to take any thing away from him and his accomplishments, however. It sounds like he and his brothers have enjoyed success in their life.

Screen Gems Studios is also located here in Wilmington where they have filmed many movies and some television series such as Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill. I can't help but wonder if Dre had an Agent here who helped get him the Survivor gig.

As a cheerleading coach, this guy is going to be in great shape. He will be limber, flexible and have a great sense of balance. Being from the coast, I'm sure he may be a strong swimmer as well. I think he will be strong in the challenges.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd Flowerpower 01-16-07 1
 RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd Georgianna 01-19-07 2
   RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd Scarlett O Hara 01-20-07 3
       RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd Georgianna 01-25-07 5
   RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd Flowerpower 01-20-07 4
       RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd mockingbird 01-25-07 6
           RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd Georgianna 02-08-07 8
 RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd Ahtumbreez 01-27-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-07, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
Dre seems to be extremely friendly and happy. His personality could help him, or if he's on with a bunch of crabby people, he could drive them nuts. However, I was most impressed by his athletism...he could be our challenge hog of the season. If he makes it to the individual portion of the game, he'll have a shot at the end game.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-07, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-07 AT 05:17 AM (EST)

Hello, Scarlett ...

I’ve just finished gathering the Astrological portraits of the nineteen Fiji contestants. And when I saw your post I couldn’t resist replying with a preview of Dre that is a paraphrased composite of two separate reports found at AstroDienst and Astrology-Numerology.Com

It is a particularly glowing personality profile. So, just in case anyone is tempted to think that it is only one of nineteen ‘puff pieces’, I’ll hasten to add that the composites of many of this new Season’s Survivors drawn from the same sources promise our North Carolinian (I lived briefly on the Outer Banks and I’ve vacationed on Oak Island/Caswell Beach) a rough and tumble run for his money. Jeff Probst has used the word ‘dirty’ to describe Fiji’s cast. And, if by his choice of the word he means to describe a congregation of predominantly piratical, egotistic, entrepreneurial, imaginative, adaptive, extraordinarily ambitious, extremely aggressive, compulsively competitive, disarmingly charming and very temperamental one-man acts, then I suppose that ‘dirty’ (as in 'Dirty' Harry) is as good a word as any.

One thing is certain: Fiji’s cast, by any adjective, is not going to give us Cook Islands Revisited.

I’ll also add that, although I certainly haven’t checked the profiles of every Sagittarian Survivor, Osten, Willard, Shane, Sally, Bruce, Stephenie and Vecepia do not have Leo Moons.

However, depending upon the hour of her birth on November 23rd, 1983, Morgan (Guatemala’s first casualty) does have either a Cancer or a Leo Moon.

Now, virtually every profile for Sagittarius/Cancer begins with “This is an unfortunate combination … ” (or a variation thereof) and goes downhill from there. And you can trust me to know this: I’ve been looking for a more encouraging diagnosis of my own Sagittarius/Cancer condition for years …

And knowing what we know of Morgan and of Stephenie (also a Sagittarius/Cancer and Ulong’s and Guatemala’s last casualty), my money’s on a Cancer Moon for Morgan. But it is a bit discomforting to know that she was once a collegiate cheerleader.

So, here’s hoping that Morgan’s performance in the game is not a precedent and that Cheerleader Dre lives up to his ‘star’ billing …

Dre
Sagittarius Sun/Leo Moon

‘These Astrological positions confer upon Sagittarius/Leo a splendid combination quite indicative of happiness and success. These fortunate men and women exude power and energy and are warmed by the attention and admiration of others. And that is because, by blending the personal dash, optimism, enthusiasm and directness of Sagittarius with the warmth, generosity, pride, and natural authority of Leo, the combination produces a very warm-hearted, honest, and open personality.

These magnanimous and loyal natives have a boundless capacity for affection and their hearts can go out to many without diffusion. They have a spontaneous love of mankind and a code that combines good judgment with a very tolerant attitude. This combination is passionately dedicated to the preservation of honor, the pursuit of prestige and achievement of stature in the world. And to attain their goals the Sagittarius/Leo can be trusted not to take shortcuts: to lie, to cheat, or to do anything underhanded in order to gain an advantage. Honor is of primary importance to these individuals and their word is almost always an unbreakable bond. Besides, the fiery beneficiaries of this fortunate combination don’t need unfair advantage: there is more than enough innate energy and enthusiasm to get them where they’re going.

And they will keep pursuing their goals long after others have thrown in the towel. Considering any obstacle encountered to be only a temporary inconvenience, when they go after something, they go after it tooth and nail. They have a remarkable gift for perceiving complex ideas as one concept and for reducing multiple problems to one workable unity. Moreover, these are intellectually philosophic, broad-minded and highly creative human beings: their creativity often expressed in an ability to form images in the mind and then nurture to reality the clear pictures envisioned.

This is a high-minded combination full of ideas and ideals and, if they can avoid scattering their energies and moderate a love of luxury and pleasure that can lead to self-indulgence, these natives can move mountains. They are naturally inclined toward public service (law, education, government, etc) and place far more value on the prestige of a position than they do upon its salary. Sagittarius/Leo take life seriously and have a keen sense of the importance of making the most of it. They are truly super persons. So it is not surprising that they will usually be found in positions of leadership.’

Artist: Carol Grigg

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-20-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
W*O*W!! I find myself cheering for Dre already!

Thanks so much Georgianna, for your fascinating description of the Sagittarius/Leo! I expect great things out of this Carolina boy now!

I hope he can make it through the early game, as if what you are telling us is true to form, Dre will be a very strong contender in an end game scenario!

01-25-07, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
“I find myself cheering for Dre already! … I expect great things out of this Carolina boy now!

I hope he can make it through the early game, as if what you are telling us is true to form, Dre will be a very strong contender in an end game scenario!”

The thought that popped in my head the moment I began reading Dre’s profile was ‘Hooray! With that Astrological pedigree we may finally have a Sagittarius winner without an implied asterisk.’ Then, too, I really like North Carolinians. Once they get past the fact that your family hasn’t been born and buried in the Carolinas for two or three hundred years, they are almost as friendly as West Virginians …

But, given his visual prominence (and his voice-over) in VidCaps previewing his early confrontation with another male Survivor (and, for several reasons, I do hope that his antagonist wasn’t Boo), I suppose a few cautionary words are in order:

Dre’s chronologically young. And, by all accounts (including his profile here), full of fighting-words pride, on-his-sleeve ambition, boundless optimism and unsophisticated enthusiasm (not to mention enviable athleticism and spontaneous friendliness) that have served him well to date but that may be a too obvious ‘winning package’ to bring to this Survivor in particular. I don’t think that there will be many of this group playing for second place.

Moreover, he is a coach in a brutally selective pay-to-play hothouse sport that (much like Figure Skating and Competitive Cheerleading’s genesis – Gymnastics) endows its coaches with the unquestioned obedience, loyalty and hero worship of its impressionable apprentices and of their often equally stage-struck parents.

In other words: for all of his childhood’s adversities, it may have been a while since Dre had encountered the quality and quantity of very personal opposition to one of his dreams that he undoubtedly found in Fiji. So, because when opposed a Sagittarius (who expects to be challenged at every turn) tends to defend or attack and a Leo (who is always surprised and hurt by the slightest resistance to one of his initiatives) is far more likely to withdraw and pout – and because both the solitary Sagittarian traveler and the prominent Leo citizen in Dre are usually accomplished grand strategists but lousy tacticians and even worse saboteurs – it will be fascinating to watch the choices and impressions that he made during those first few days.

Because initially, his, I think, could not have been anything other than a lightening-rod presence. Even in a cast loaded with them. So it was very probably critical for him to (1) manage conflicts creatively and (2) forego ‘leadership’ in favor of a bit more sheltered place within a small nuclear alliance that boasted at least one member with an affinity for detail and a talent for intrigue and one with an even more conspicuous penchant for the spotlight than his own.

*But the good news is that the Sagittarian hit the beach with a plethora of compatible Fire and Air Signs from whom to choose ‘five friends’. So perhaps it wasn’t impossible for him to find cover in a forest of Aries (there is even an Aries/Aries in the group), Gemini, Leo, Libra and other Sagittarius.

However, I think he would have been wise to cultivate at least one shrewd Cancer and/or compulsively analytical Virgo ally. And rolled into one Sun and Moon, Anthony would have fit that bill nicely.

Too, I’ve said that Dre is chronologically young. But it has been my experience that a great many Sagittarians are most comfortable in the company of their elders. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that they are, at every age and incurably, students/connoisseurs/voyeurs of experience. So, it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that Dre adopted, or was adopted by, the more senior members of the Fiji cast.

And now there seems to be a ‘spoiler’ to the effect that Dre does, indeed, ‘Last to late in the game’. Along with **Cassandra (42/Aries), Earl (35/Aries) and Yau-Man (54/Virgo).

Hooray!

*The five of six Fire and Air Signs represented in Fiji (Aries, Gemini, Libra, Leo and Sagittarius) enjoyed a not-accidental-or-inconsequential 63% to 37% initial numerical advantage over the four of six compatible Earth and Water Signs cast for the Season (Cancer, Taurus, Virgo and Scorpio).

Left far from Fiji ...

For the first time in Survivor’s history, the Zodiac’s consummate conservative, Capricorn (Earth). And the empathetic and ecumenical Pisces (Water) and Aquarius (Air).

** Admittedly, Cassandra looks a great deal like Cirie. But I think that everyone who expects the Aries to play like the Cancer is going to be very surprised.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-07, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
Wow is right! That is quite a collection of info on Dre, Georgianna! Thanks so much. Alot of what you note does indeed appear to validate our first impressions of him as well. I can't help but wonder if his "very warm-hearted, honest, and open personality" could indeed lead to his demise as well. Will he be able to keep some cards close to the vest, so to speak, and will he be able to cut loose some of the peeps that may be his most formidable threats? Time will soon tell!

Thanks,

fp

PS. Can't help but to wonder what you have gathered on all of the other daws as well!?!

mockingbird 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-25-07, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mockingbird Click to send private message to mockingbird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
Hey Georgie girl! It's been a long time since I've frequented these boards. Nice to come back and see you're still at it.

Please let us know what you've found out about the others when you get the chance.

By the way, I had no idea Sun-Sag/Moon-Can was a 'negative combination. That's my chart as well. Should I be worried?

02-08-07, 00:52 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-07 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

Friend Mockingbird!

It is very nice to see you out and about as well. I hope you'll be around for the whole Season because it promises to be a fun one (in spite of the fact that Probst says so). Lots and lots of Fire and Air Signs and just enough Earth and Water types frantically trying to dodge the mayhem to make this new and improved Exile Island great entertainment. I’m really looking forward to watching the feisty flipside of Cook Islands and Palau.

For instance:

I really hated to read the 'spoiler' that indicates that Gary (Virgo Sun/Aries Moon) quit the Game. Not the least because his was one of the cast's juicier profiles. But, given that this was Moto ...

Alex (Aries/Fire), Cassandra (Aries/Fire),
Liliana (Aries/Fire), Dre (Sagittarius/Fire,
Edgardo (Libra/Air), Stacy (Libra/Air),
Boo (Gemini/Air), Lisi (Gemini/Air)
and
Gary (Virgo/Earth)

... I fully understand his reason for getting his Virgo derričre out of that rumpled lap of overdone luxury sooner rather than later. Had I been Gary (my Aries Moon be damned for its little comfort!), I'm pretty sure that I would have had a bit of 'difficulty in adjusting to the Elements’ myself.

And speaking of difficulty (and to answer your question):

Oh, yeah! Be afraid!

Here is a snippet of our shared 'fate' per Astrodienst:

"This combination is not harmonious. There are indications of mistakes in life arising from your impulsiveness, which is heightened and readily expressed by your emotional nature. Cancer confers the gifts of sensitivity and prophecy through acute feeling and intuition ...

The key to a more harmonious self lies in checking the impulsiveness of your individuality, which results in destructive reactions ..."

Naturally, my profile only gets more ominous. It would seem that all of the Planets woke up in Houses of Ill-Repute on the morning of my birth.

Here's hoping that they didn't decide to go carousing on the night before yours too.

But, I figure that if 'impulse' is all you’ve got, then you might as well (for better or for worse) go with it. So, acting on the theory that knowing what Burnett & Company wanted to happen/planned to happen in any given Season cannot be a bad thing and with the thought that it might be interesting (and informative) to look for casting/finishing patterns vis-ŕ-vis the Survivors inherent natures (Fire, Air, Earth, Water) in addition to their innate social roles/behaviors (Superior, Subordinate, Soloist), here is the result of my impulse upon reading these two posts by Pepe and
wsmith_19

As you know, the date span of each of the Sun Signs indicated at the top of the chart roughly parallel those of our calendar months. So that the ‘even’ months (February, April, June, August, October and December) give us the compatible Fire and Air Signs and the ‘odd’ months (January, March, May, July, September and November) host the births of the compatible Earth and Water natives. Click here for an overview of the Elements and then on each of the four links (Air, Fire, Water, Earth) at the top left of the page for brief descriptions of the characteristics of each of the four.

Now, I’ve always presumed that Survivor’s producers vet candidates by a broad array of criteria including, but not limited to, (1) physical attributes (age, gender, ethnicity, athletic ability, etc), (2) academic/professional affiliations and achievements and behavioral traits/tendencies. And I am no demographics expert, but I can’t for the life of me think of any even/odd month ‘test’ germane to any of them other than to the last. Or of any logical explanation for the glaringly obvious pattern of three repetitively-utilized casting schemes (Balanced - 50%/50%; Advantage - 56%/44%; Advantage Plus - +60%/+30%) seen in the chart other than that Mr. Burnett employs Astrological profiling or other observation-based ‘personality tests’ (and they are all observation-based) that produce highly similar results (and they all do produce highly similar results).

And what has the sly Cancer gotten for his money and machinations?

Well …

In the Seasons that Burnett gave us a Balanced cast (Borneo, Marquesas, Amazon, All Stars and Vanuatu), Fire and Air Signs were the winners of four of the five. Chris (Virgo/Earth) spoiled the sweep. And perhaps it should be noted that Vanuatu was the last of those Balanced Seasons.

When the Fire and Air Signs have enjoyed a casting Advantage (Outback, Pearl Islands and Exile Island) natives of those Signs won two of the three Games. In this instance, Tina (Earth/Capricorn) was the exception.

And when the show’s producers have given Earth and Water Signs the nod, they have reciprocated by winning four of those five (Africa, Thailand, Palau, Guatemala and Cook Islands) Games. Yul (Aquarius/Air) was the fly in this casting ointment and probably the reason why the ‘rules’ pertaining to the II have been rewritten yet again: Cook Islands wasn’t cast for Yul (or any other Fire or Air Sign) to win.

So, I would love to know who Sundra replaced. And why. I would also love to know just when Burnett decided to switch to a nine-member Jury and a Finalists threesome.

All in all, the odds (roughly 4 to 1) are that, for as long as the casting pattern of the past fourteen Seasons continues, one can (about one hour after their bios go up on the CBS site) with a reasonable degree of confidence eliminate 1/3 to 1/2 of any given Season’s cast members from a list of possible winners.

Who knows? With a little perseverance (OK! A lot of perseverance) we might even get all the way down to a short list of … one.

And that’s why, although it will never be as certain or as exhaustive as honest and accurate ‘intel’, since Sun Sign analysis is (by thousands of years) the eldest of the lot of ‘personality tests’, therefore boasts its most comprehensive and reliable database, is the only one for which we have the prerequisite information to actually access authoritative personality profiles of individual Survivors and may just come in handy some spoiler-less day, I’ll stick with the eccentric Grand Dame of Icebreakers until something better comes along. If this discussion at Sucks is any indication, it hasn’t yet.

And just wait until you see Burnett’s ‘ethnic’ initiative charted. The man is a marvel of mischief.

I’m going to try to get that, and the rest of the cast’s profiles, finished and posted in a new Signs of Survival before tomorrow’s premier.

Stop by. I’ll leave the crystal ball on for you ...

Artist: Carol Grigg

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Andria 'Dre' Herd"
With the names Andria and Adrian they should be twins.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •